daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Rate Our Talls > Rate Our Talls: Other Skyscrapers

Rate Our Talls: Other Skyscrapers for other notable highrises

Old October 15th, 2002, 09:29 PM   #41
mystad
Bad Motivator

Likes (Received): 1

Anybody who rates any of these buildings "0" has no business posting in this forum.
mystad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 2nd, 2002, 07:16 AM   #42
DrumCorpsAlum
Phoenix, AZ/Camden, SC

Likes (Received): 0

JHouse, I've noticed that we usually tend to agree when rating these things. Especially tonight.
DrumCorpsAlum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2002, 11:57 PM   #43
SteelCity32
Don't be that guy!

Likes (Received): 3

I would like to see it changed to 20 options. I have no clue why.
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:33 AM   #44
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 521

Great work Raffles!
Old April 19th, 2003, 09:53 PM   #45
Wu-Gambino

Likes (Received): 23

Could somebody do that for Rate Our Skylines? There are way too many double posts.
Wu-Gambino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #46
james2390
Tribune Tower

Likes (Received): 11

i pressed the wrong button so theres no poll
james2390 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:59 PM   #47
Jasonhouse

20 is too many. Jan doesn't want that kind of drag on the server.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:36 PM   #48
chongqinghero

Likes (Received): 7

Great work Raffles!!

chongqinghero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:09 PM   #49
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 4

r u not including "Atomium, Brussels" since i also made a ROT in it
Old May 4th, 2003, 02:02 PM   #50
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 38

I havent included it yet for the time being as it isnt really a skyscraper and there is a new section being proposed. Your thread might be moved there
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2003, 02:10 AM   #51
Wu-Gambino

Is is like "Rate other towers"?
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:00 AM   #52
Wu-Gambino

Will there ever be the World's 201-300?
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:03 AM   #53
New Jack City
User

Likes (Received): 22

I think it would be cool if we can rate fellow member's buildings and towers.
New Jack City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2003, 10:38 PM   #54
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Thats a vision. Nothing concrete is planned yet although it could be explored. Jasonhouse should know more
Old May 10th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #55
RafflesCity
By Spirit

<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Napptown </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>Is is like "Rate other towers"?</td></tr>
</table>

It will most likely be a section for all other forms of architecture/architects and shorter buildings. I have no idea when it will be opened though
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #56
Jasonhouse

The further we go down the list, the harder it is to compile good images of the buildings. Especially ones that we are allowed to use.

I had origionally hoped to do the World's Top 500, but that seems like more of a long-term wish than anything.

If you want to see the Top 200 extended, start helping out by creating threads for the missing buildings in the 101-200 list. Once it is completed, we will stock the 201-300 list with several threads, and then open a new place for it.

Also , I have been considering adding another mod or two to help stock these lists, but these people need to be DEDICATED. I'm not quite sure that there is another bloke out there as awesome as Raffles, but I'm all ears.
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:37 AM   #57
RafflesCity
By Spirit

heh..thanks Jason..actually BGT and Napptown have helped out slightly

For me the greatest challenge to do a top 300 would be to maintain an accurate and up-to-date list. One has to constantly watch out for buildings that just get completed and with each new addition, the rankings change. It isnt an easy task and needs DEDICATION. (think 3 times before you volunteer youself)

I have worked out a rudimentary list of the top300 just in case though. And quite fortunately, there are a number of buildings in the Open forum that are part of that list. However, if we want to go further, we will need a new strategy: by getting members to help in creating threads;we can always call upon members from different cities to help provide pictures. Thats the advantage of a global forum like this.

But I think we need to consider the pros and cons of a top300 list
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:37 PM   #58
New Jack City
User

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by RafflesCity </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>heh..thanks Jason..actually BGT and Napptown have helped out slightly

For me the greatest challenge to do a top 300 would be to maintain an accurate and up-to-date list. One has to constantly watch out for buildings that just get completed and with each new addition, the rankings change. It isnt an easy task and needs DEDICATION. (think 3 times before you volunteer youself)

I have worked out a rudimentary list of the top300 just in case though. And quite fortunately, there are a number of buildings in the Open forum that are part of that list. However, if we want to go further, we will need a new strategy: by getting members to help in creating threads;we can always call upon members from different cities to help provide pictures. Thats the advantage of a global forum like this.

But I think we need to consider the pros and cons of a top300 list </td></tr>
</table>

A Top 300 would be real tough, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though how short in height would #300 be?

Also, when will we get a Rate Our Talls Open Forum Stats chart? I can't wait to see how that would turn out! We have plenty of different and various skyscrapers here that you can't find in the the ROT Top 100 and 200 sections.
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:19 AM   #59
RafflesCity
By Spirit

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by savethewtc </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top><table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by RafflesCity </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>heh..thanks Jason..actually BGT and Napptown have helped out slightly

But I think we need to consider the pros and cons of a top300 list </td></tr>
</table>

A Top 300 would be real tough, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though how short in height would #300 be?

Also, when will we get a Rate Our Talls Open Forum Stats chart? I can't wait to see how that would turn out! We have plenty of different and various skyscrapers here that you can't find in the the ROT Top 100 and 200 sections.</td></tr>
</table>

Great enthusiasm!

At the moment, #300 would be around 198 or 199m (653ft) tall. So anything less would be out.

I have no idea when a stats chart will be created for the Open Forum, although I could ask Jan about it. But first I'll have to check if all the polls have the correct format
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:26 AM   #60
New Jack City
User

<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by RafflesCity </i></b> </smallfont>

Great enthusiasm!

At the moment, #300 would be around 198 or 199m (653ft) tall. So anything less would be out.

I have no idea when a stats chart will be created for the Open Forum, although I could ask Jan about it. But first I'll have to check if all the polls have the correct format</td></tr>
</table>

I'd love to help if needed.

Only 653 feet?! Let's get this started!

I thought it would be in the 500 foot range.