daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation All about taking us higher

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #2061
Ariel74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrooms View Post
SINGAPORE AIRLINES A380 INTERIORS
Gorgeous! Unfortunately, I can't afford a suite on that plane
Ariel74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 28th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #2062
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 3905

Most people can´t afford a suite on that plane!

I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.

What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #2063
Haljackey

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
meh...

I like the new 747-8 more than the A380; it just looks better.

I agree, having the cockpit on the second floor makes the front of the aircraft look better. In addition, it's set a back a bit from the front of the plane, giving it a sleeker look.

However the A380 looks better elsewhere because it's two floors the whole way whereas the 747s have a hump/bump which isn't consistent with the body of the aircraft.

My Simcity Stuff
Haljackey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #2064
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 555

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fl...-toulouse.html
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #2065
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1428

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/...c1b728df_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/...776d7be9_b.jpg
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #2066
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 6891

Flight test: Qantas A380 economy class
September 27, 2010
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/trav...923-15nsa.html

Seat pitch and width 31 inches (distance between rows of seats, same as Boeing 747) and up to 18.1 inches (between armrests, slightly better than a 747).

Seat configuration 3-4-3.

Luggage allowance Two pieces of checked baggage up to 23kg each, plus one piece of cabin baggage up to 7kg.

Scheduled flight time 13 hr 40 min.

On-time performance About 20 min early.

Aircraft condition Clean and fresh.

Mission To fly with minimum fuss with our children: Joseph, 7, Julia, 5, Anna, 8 months.

Flight preparation Children under two can fly on your lap for a fraction of the full fare, but 13 hours of this can be arduous. Ensure you book a cot, which hangs securely from the bulkhead, when finalising tickets online. Youngest babies get preference.

Console/entertainment The easy-to-operate touch screen (26.9cm) gives access to a huge entertainment library (18 new-release movies out of 100 titles, 500 TV shows, 1000 audio CDs, 20 radio channels). Our seven-year-old spends hours playing arcade games (80 titles). The five-year-old is hooked on one of six family movies. Children are locked into the kids entertainment section so we don't worry about them stumbling on to inappropriate content. Both receive a kids' pack with colouring-in books and crayons.

Comfort Take-off and landing are smooth and the A380 is quieter than the 747. Improvements include a seat that pushes forward as you recline, "wings" that support your head and a netted footrest.

Service Outstanding and especially supportive of parents. For example, a flight attendant offers to give me a break from settling the baby. She returns with a sleeping babe and places her in the cot.

Amenities Eye shades, socks and toothbrushes are handed out.

Food and beverages Appealing and plentiful. Lunch includes chicken in wild mushroom sauce with sweet potato puree or braised beef in a smoky tomato sauce, and a selection of beer and wine. The children's meals include pasta with meatballs or macaroni cheese (as well as fruit and jelly) and enormous baby meals (cereal, formula milk, biscuits and soft fruits and vegetables). Snacks keep coming (cookies, ice-creams, hot chocolate), while a self-service bar at the rear of economy stocks fruit, cookies, crackers and soft drinks.

Flight frequency Daily A380 service between Sydney and LA.

Tested by Daniel Fallon.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg | Moscow | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Sydney | Hanoi | Bangkok | Prague

New York, London, Seoul, Taipei, Mumbai, Tokyo, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #2067
Oasis-Bangkok
Ploy and Palm Family

Likes (Received): 7465

image hosted on flickr

Qantas A380 economy class too...
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #2068
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Flight test: Qantas A380 economy class

The leg room looks really tight.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #2069
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Kingfisher defers delivery schedule of superjumbo A380s
23 September 2010
The Press Trust of India Limited

New Delhi, September 23, 2010 (PTI) -- Kingfisher Airlines today said it has deferred the delivery of superjumbo Airbus A380 and induction of other aircraft like A330 and A320.

"We have deferred the delivery schedule of A380, which was expected to begin next year. Delivery of other aircrafts like A330s and A320s, has also been deferred," Vijay Mallya, Chairman of the airline, said at a CII conference here.

The airline has placed orders for a total of 67 aircraft, which includes, five A380s, 42 A320s and 15 A330s.

In this context, he said Jet Airways had also leased several of its Boeing 777s to other global carriers and termed the decisions to defer deliveries or lease out planes as "day -to-day business decisions" to maintain capacity induction in the right perspective.

Mallya also said that the fund raising plans for the airline was on schedule, when asked about reports that plans to raise USD 200 million through an issue of global depositary receipts (GDRs) has been put on hold.

"All GDR plans, fund raising, are bang on target," he told reporters on the sidelines of the conference.

Talking about the dues of oil marketing companies for supply of air turbine fuel (ATF), Mallya said "We have given them (oil marketing companies) a lot of money... we do not have any overdues", but refused to comment any further.

Last week, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited's CMD Subir Roy Choudhury had said that Kingfisher still owed Rs 220 crore to the company and the fuel supply to the airline continues to be on a cash-and-carry scheme.

The loss-making private air-carrier was put on the cash and carry basis by the state-run oil marketing company some months ago after it failed to provide bank guarantee cover against payment defaults.

HPCL is Kingfisher Airline's largest aviation turbine fuel (ATF) supplier. The airline buys over 1,300 kilolitres of jet fuel to the tune of over Rs 130 crore every month.

Talking about the domestic aviation sector which was now getting back to shape, Mallya said that it was for the government to ensure that the industry was healthy and safe as "it has much larger stake and it owns nearly all the banks who have lent to the domestic aviation industry, which is unique."

Last month, the RBI allowed banks to recast debts of the airline companies like Jet Airways, Kingfisher and Air India, whose combined debt is estimated to be over Rs 60,000 crores.

He said the government should "reasonably tax" the airline industry to ensure that they had a fair return on their investments.

Expressing disappointment over India not having a comprehensive civil aviation policy, Mallya said "the Civil Aviation Ministry had prepared the plan 18 months ago but meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue has not taken place. There is very little the industry can do".

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg | Moscow | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Sydney | Hanoi | Bangkok | Prague

New York, London, Seoul, Taipei, Mumbai, Tokyo, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, and much more!
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #2070
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrooms View Post
The leg room looks really tight.
this guy must be way over 6ft tall. I'm just under 6ft and I can tell you from my own experience, that you have more space available in the economy class, atleast at lufthansa's A380s. but I guess, there isn't that much difference between qantas eco and lufthansa eco.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #2071
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 2464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis-Bangkok View Post
image hosted on flickr

Qantas A380 economy class too...
THese seats are so buttugly. I'd die just looking at them. I didn't think it was possible to make seats any uglier than the Air France biz class seats on their A380.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #2072
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

can't be worse than emirates...

eco - 80s are back, but not in a good way

business - after 5 hours you get eye cancer

first - kitsch as kitsch can
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:39 AM   #2073
Vrooms
threeyearson.

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/...5a536cdc_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/...a75ff648_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/...0bea658e_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/...688f888d_b.jpg
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:01 AM   #2074
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Don't see how the seats in Y are any revolutionary. People are still short of space, and now there are a lot more crammed into a plane.

Old October 1st, 2010, 10:08 AM   #2075
Larmey

Likes (Received): 0

In general, I'll readily admit that Airbus planes look a lot more sleek and elegant than Boeings. But good LORD the A380 looks like a supersized US housewife pulling up to the drive-through window in her motorized chair asking for a Big Mac supersized meal and Diet Coke since she's on a diet.

Larmey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM   #2076
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
can't be worse than emirates...

eco - 80s are back, but not in a good way

At least the design of all Emirates' A380's look the same in economy and they are more comfortable. I think the choice of material has been chosen because of its durability and I think it looks better in real life.

This looks like a military hall.

Quote:
business - after 5 hours you get eye cancer
You get a better screen with Emirates, more personal storage space and a mini bar. Every seat also have aisle access.

This looks bland
Quote:
first - kitsch as kitsch can
That is not kitsch, that's quality.
Emirates have bigger screens. Better quality materials like the wood...
You also have on demand dining, a mattress for your flatbed,a shower spa, a mini bar and privacy doors.

[IMG]http://t0.************/images?q=tbn:kVPEHv-bJpONRM:http://airreview.911mb.com/news/Pics/QF380SeatF.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

Those seat looks very comfortable...
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:47 AM   #2077
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

it's all about personal taste, I guess.

I don't like the colour scheme at emirates (they shold use earth tones instead - now it looks like they bought this stuff at a 100 yen shop).

the business cabins look like office compartments - and again ...the colours

gold in first class is really tacky - sorry but that just has nothing to do with personal taste. I don't care about the size of screens, which indeed are impressive, I care more about the design - who came up with that frame for the screens?

the examples (is it qantas?) you showed are definitely not better than emirates.

anyway, I'm glad there are more A380 cabins than these on emirates and qantas.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM   #2078

I agree that the Lufthansa's A380 economy looks better design wise but wouldn't you get a bit tired of looking at such bright colours?

If you look closer at the Emirates economy seats the patterns on it is supposed to represent Sand dunes and actually is based on earth tones.The material pattern of the seats also blends in with the walls at the back and the front which has sand dunes on them.The only thing in my opinion that makes it look bad on photo is the bright covers over the headrests.

And yeah those are photos are of Qantas interiors.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM   #2079
Vrooms
threeyearson.

I think the Interiors of Emirates is way nicer then Qantas. It looks more classy!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interior of Singapore Airlines A380:

SUITES CLASS

BUSINESS CLASS

ECONOMY CLASS

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM   #2080

I also like the Singapore A380. I think that Singapore and Emirates economy seats are in the same class design-wise.

I might also add that when you fly with the Emirates A380, the whole economy class is based on an Arabian night. Even the lighting of economy illuminates like a dessert fire.

Tags
air france, airbus, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways