daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM   #2961
Suissetralia

Likes (Received): 67

Flying the A380 in that way must be the dream of any commercial pilot thanks for the videos, they're awesome
Suissetralia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:56 AM   #2962
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4385

what a beauty
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM   #2963
lok_89man

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJ View Post
Really...how fast....
lok_89man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:16 AM   #2964
klm.b777

Likes (Received): 32

What a great video of the Korean A380.. Must be very nice to see the plane in real performing such a nice show..
klm.b777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2965
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
What a great video of the Korean A380.. Must be very nice to see the plane in real performing such a nice show..
Based on the reports in the below A.Net forum there was not going to be a A380 display...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5175967/

Sounds like KE stepped in and came to rescue
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2966
StanleyJ

Likes (Received): 1

Airbus's own A380 DéDé (F-WWDD) is back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_1oBwRBjQ&hd=1

A<380 indeed!

Oh yeah...can also spot a while sticker between the Ethiad and Kingdom logos... since they are arranged in alphabetical order... the rumoured A380 order looks indeed to be Hongkong Airlines!
StanleyJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:48 PM   #2967
Sexd'ano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

3 A380s the same time at ICN...wow
Sexd'ano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:07 PM   #2968
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...ygH_story.html

Quote:
Airbus says Japanese low-cost carrier Skymark Airlines orders 2 more A380 superjumbos

LE BOURGET, France — Airbus says Japanese low-cost carrier Skymark Airlines has made a firm order for two of its double decker superjumbo A380 aircraft in a deal worth €750 million ($1,070 million) at catalog prices.

Skymark’s order Thursday adds to the four A380s it ordered earlier this year.

[...]
Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM   #2969
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Curious if Skymark will deploy A380 on domestic routes

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM   #2970
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14302

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM   #2971
Berlin.

Likes (Received): 5

@Equario

wikipedia says:
"The airline intends to use the aircraft on a number of long-haul trunk routes out of Narita Airport, like London, Frankfurt or New York."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skymark_Airlines#History
Berlin. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM   #2972
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin. View Post
@Equario

wikipedia says:
"The airline intends to use the aircraft on a number of long-haul trunk routes out of Narita Airport, like London, Frankfurt or New York."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skymark_Airlines#History
Yes, I know about these routes. Provided that Japanese domestic traffic is pretty large and Skymark ordered two more A380, I just thought if Skymark is going deploy them on domestic routes to compete with JAl and ANA.

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:16 PM   #2973
Berlin.

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
Yes, I know about these routes. Provided that Japanese domestic traffic is pretty large and Skymark ordered two more A380, I just thought if Skymark is going deploy them on domestic routes to compete with JAl and ANA.
Oh, okay. JAL is using 747 i think on some domestic routes.
Berlin. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2974
StanleyJ

Likes (Received): 1

Mainland China throws its toys out the pram and blocks the Hongkong Airlines order for 10(!!!) A380s over the planned EU implementation of ETS for air travel...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c4ce5aa0-9...44feabdc0.html

Quote:
China blocks billion-dollar Airbus order

China has blocked a multi-billion dollar order for 10 Airbus superjumbo aircraft in a sharp escalation of Beijing’s protests against Europe’s plan to bring international airlines into its emissions trading scheme from the start of next year.

A Hong Kong Airlines order for the planes worth $3.8bn at list prices was due to be formally announced at the Paris air show earlier this week, according to industry executives familiar with the deal.

But Airbus, a division of the European aerospace group, EADS, learned over the weekend that the agreement was being blocked by Beijing and the announcement did not go ahead, the sources said.

“These are not the only orders taken hostage by the Chinese. The A380s are the first,” said one executive, adding there were other Airbus deals with Chinese carriers in the pipeline.

China and the United States have expressed opposition to the European Union’s move to make all airlines flying into Europe pay for their pollution, the most ambitious step yet by Brussels to make the rest of the world comply with its climate change rules.

But China’s action is the most dramatic sign of retaliation against the measure. It is not expected to have any immediate effect on Airbus’s production rates. The manufacturer won 730 orders and commitments from airlines around the world at the Paris air show.

But it may embolden other countries to consider action against the European trading scheme. Airbus declined to comment.

Tom Enders, Airbus chief executive, wrote a joint letter with European airlines recently to the EU climate commissioner, Connie Hedegaard, to warn that it was “madness to risk retaliation” from such influential players as China over the issue.

Ms Hedegaard and José Manuel Barroso, the European Commission president, have both made it clear Brussels has no intention of caving in to such threats.

To do so would set a worrying precedent, said Ms Hedegaard, because “it is up to the Europeans to decide European legislation”.

Until now, large polluters based in Europe such as power companies and cement factories have been covered by the emissions trading scheme the EU launched in 2005.

The scheme forces companies to pay for permits for each tonne of carbon dioxide they emit above a certain level or cap.

It was agreed several years ago, after much debate, that airlines would be brought into the scheme from January 2012.

A lawsuit brought by US airlines that challenges the legality of the scheme is to be heard in the European Court of Justice on July 5.

The US administration formally expressed its concern to EU officials at an aviation meeting in Oslo earlier this week, but there was no talk of retaliation and any further move by the US is not expected until the outcome of the airlines’ court case is known.

A judgement is not expected for some months.
StanleyJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #2975
Suissetralia

Likes (Received): 67

This sounds kind of a suicide measure for the Chinese... it's them who have an overall trade surplus with the EU, so if there is an escalation of retaliations they're the ones who are going to lose most
Suissetralia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #2976
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

If China boycott Airbus, they can buy Boeing. If Europe boycotts Made in China products, they will buy what exactly?

PS: I am not saying I agree or not with each of the sides.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #2977
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

The most important sentence is this one:

Quote:
[...]

Ms Hedegaard and José Manuel Barroso, the European Commission president, have both made it clear Brussels has no intention of caving in to such threats.

To do so would set a worrying precedent, said Ms Hedegaard, because “it is up to the Europeans to decide European legislation”.

[...]

If the Chinese want to fly to Europe they have to obey the European laws like everyone else. Where is the problem?
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #2978
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

I find this blackmail ridiculous.
But i'm also against this eu law which won't help the european and american airlines to go back to their profits pre-crisis and which will raise the tickets's prices.
Let's wait to put this tax when the sector will be well recovered.
Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #2979
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 871

well nobody flies to europe!!! simple as that ... that there are other destinations besides europe ... and let the european carries pay for their emissions in asia (china, Dubia, Tokyo) and in US (New York, LA, Mia) .... I find the law ridiculous and absurd ..

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #2980
mwanza84

Likes (Received): 4

Ridiculous and absurd? It's the simple 'polluter pays' principle. When (if ever) China and the US will adopt a similar policy, EU carriers will have to comply as they are forced to comply now, what is absurd is the Chinese govt. taking such a childish stance against climate change mitigation measures.
Several airlines already offer the choice of paying a little sum (about 2 US$) to offset carbon emissions, this is just going to make it mandatory for people flying within and to Europe, and I don't see anything ridiculous or threatening in it, quite the opposite.

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways