daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #3801
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1140

I can tell you QF's A380 MEL-SIN-LHR flights have constantly been going full in all classes, its one of their flagship routes and one of few that make money for QF, I've heard since the axe of HKG-LHR, QF9/10 have had 100% F loads.

I have flown QF A380's both in J & Y on MEL-SIN-MEL and their staff are great and friendly people, who actually love their job and want to be there. The product is great too, I love travelling on the SkyBeds, one of the best IMO. Catering is also up to scratch. Saying that I have also flown SQ's A380's on MEL-SIN in J and they are exceptionally good.

Highcliff liked this post
soorox no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #3802
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 886

Singapore Airlines wins the livery contest for me

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”

CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #3803
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer View Post
I have flown most A380 airlines and I found Qantas to be the weakest in terms of economy class product, ground service, food, and customer service.

I have never flown CZ, but the likes of SQ, EK, KE, AF, and LH all have better A380 products. Of course, they are all not perfect...AF's museum, KE's giftshop, a waste a time!

First class products, EK blow everyone out of the water, whilst KE and SQ are not far behind. QF were one of the first A380 airlines and it shows.

I have nothing against QF but nowadays I see them as a regional airline with longhaul flights to SCL, LHR, SIN, HKG, and LAX. And I am sure they posted a record-breaking loss recently with profits down 90%. In fact, it is there longhaul flights that are creating the loss...they are actually profitable with
their domestic and NZ routes.

So the A380 cannot save Qantas it seems. I would easily choose SQ and even BA on the Kangaroo Route with their A380s from 2013...
Interesting how you've based your response on personal experiences... Yeah, the international operations have been bleeding but QF as a company over all has been profitable while others report loses...

QF suffered from on going delays with firstly the A380 & now the B787... The B787 will provide the flexibility QF is in desperate need of right now and as a result has suffered not enabling the airline to retire the tired B767 fleet and enable the transfer of JQ A332 fleet to mainline fleet...

Interesting how LH won votes over QF... Hmm, an airline until only recently never believed in introducing individual IFE in Y/C while wait QF rolled out across it's International Fleet!
Don't take it the wrong way course I've flown LH on my flights to Europe and within Europe, but it really ticks me off when people criticize an airline simply based on their one off terrible experiences or on what they have read up on an airline...

I know the B787 wont be a miracle profit maker for QF, but I certainly am confident the restructured international operations will return to profitability in 2014...

EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM   #3804
GEwinnen
Rekordvizemeister

Likes (Received): 2753

Good news for Airbus:

Transaero from Russia confirmed an order of 4 A380 today!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/ghetto...ms-a380-order/

GEwinnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM   #3805
EK413

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorox View Post
I can tell you QF's A380 MEL-SIN-LHR flights have constantly been going full in all classes, its one of their flagship routes and one of few that make money for QF, I've heard since the axe of HKG-LHR, QF9/10 have had 100% F loads.

I have flown QF A380's both in J & Y on MEL-SIN-MEL and their staff are great and friendly people, who actually love their job and want to be there. The product is great too, I love travelling on the SkyBeds, one of the best IMO. Catering is also up to scratch. Saying that I have also flown SQ's A380's on MEL-SIN in J and they are exceptionally good.
I must add the Sydney flights depart with 100% load factor SYD-SIN-LHR & SIN-FRA... This is a clear indication the restructure will pay off... Adding to it the SYD-BKK service has had a 100% load to the point where passengers have been transferred to TG flights...

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #3806
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18158

Having a full plane does not mean they're actually making money. How are the yields?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM   #3807
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

British Airways first a380 pieces are on their way to Toulouse now.

Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:09 PM   #3808
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEwinnen View Post
Good news for Airbus:

Transaero from Russia confirmed an order of 4 A380 today!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/ghetto...ms-a380-order/

Hm, replacement for their 747s?

krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #3809
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62846

You could see them as the replacement of the last couple of classic 747s in their fleet, if they won't be gone earlier. But they could also be seen as an addition to the fleet.

Transaero has said that they will be used on "longhaul flights between Moscow and southeastern Asia and the Caribbean region". So they will be replacing the 747s currently in use on those routes. Since these are holiday routes it will be interesting to see how they will fit them out. Now the Air Austral order is cancelled the Transaero A380s will most likely get the highest density out of all the operators. But will they go for more then 800 seats or will they also fit them out with the F and E+ classes.

Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM   #3810
everywhere
The Explorer

Likes (Received): 805

Transaero Airlines firms up orders for 4 A380s
(WCARN.com/Airbus PR, June 21)

Quote:
Transaero Airlines, Russia's second largest airline, has completed a purchase agreement with Airbus for four A380 aircraft. The agreement was signed today by Olga Pleshakova, Transaero Airlines CEO and Christopher Buckley, Airbus' Executive Vice President Europe, Asia and the Pacific on the first day of the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum.

This order follows a Memorandum of Understanding signed in October 2011. The deal will be financed with the support of VEB Leasing.

Transaero becomes the first customer for the A380 in Russia, the CIS and Eastern Europe. The Russian carrier plans to start operations with the A380 on its long-range network of high density routes from Moscow. The aircraft will feature a three class cabin layout, seating about 700 passengers. Transaero will announce the engine selection soon.

"Our airline, with its strong innovation culture, will be the first in Russia to fly the A380, the world's largest passenger aircraft. I am sure that the operation of the A380 will stimulate the development of Russia's aviation sector, in particular, its ground infrastructure. In addition, our passengers will benefit from the completely new air travel experience that the A380 offers with its spacious, comfortable cabin, for their long-haul flights." said Olga Pleshakova, Transaero Airlines CEO.

"We are delighted to welcome Transaero as our new A380 customer," said John Leahy, Airbus Chief Operating Officer, Customers. "We are confident that this most efficient aircraft will enable the airline to cope with the traffic growth in Russia and offer its passengers unrivalled levels of comfort on board," he added.

Transaero Airlines launched its services in November 1991, and currently serves more than 130 routes all over the world.

Since entering service in 2007 the eco-efficient A380 has exceeded all expectations, flying more people further at lower cost (over 23 million passengers up to date). The spacious, quiet cabin and the smooth ride have made the aircraft a favourite with passengers.

This has resulted in higher than average load factors and increased profitability on A380 flights, providing airlines with a key competitive advantage wherever they operate the type. With 100 flights per day, the A380 is becoming a familiar sight at airports across the globe. The A380 fleet transports one million passengers each month and performs a takeoff or landing every eight minutes.

Including today's orders for four A380 from Transaero, the total A380 order book stands at 257 aircraft from 20 customers worldwide. To date, Airbus has delivered 77 aircraft to eight customers.
http://www.wcarn.com/cache/news/19/19883.html

everywhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:25 PM   #3811
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1140

A380 AIRPORT CLUB | AIRPORT MEMBERS
Effective June 22nd 2012

soorox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM   #3812
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4959

Surprised there are more A380s flying to HK than London. I'd have thought London would be at the top.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #3813
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

What does the cross means? Does that the sign that the airport is visited by A380?

Oh, and does anyone have the interior image of China Southern's A380?

bagus70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3814
EK413

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
What does the cross means? Does that the sign that the airport is visited by A380?

Oh, and does anyone have the interior image of China Southern's A380?
The X marks each port the carrier operates their A380 to and from...

Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #3815
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
Surprised there are more A380s flying to HK than London. I'd have thought London would be at the top.
There aren't, just more different carriers are going there.
But if you look at the numbers of a380 flights, London has around 7/8 departures a day when HK has around 6 but they're not all daily.

The busiest airport for A380's is not a surprise, DXB with around 20 departures a day and it's just the beginning.

http://www.a380flights.net/Airports.html
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #3816
ChAiNaRaI

Likes (Received): 493

ChAiNaRaI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #3817
GGrexy

Likes (Received): 1

Pictures of the first Lufthansa operated Airbus A380 D-AIMA and the first landing (June 2010) of this aircraft type in Austria at the Vienna international Airport during the training programm....
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #3818
น้องฟ้า

Likes (Received): 8

Thai Airways Airbus A380

http://fly-news.es/aviones/airbus-a3...rways-pintado/
น้องฟ้า no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #3819
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 51984

Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #3820
klm.b777

Likes (Received): 32

Both A380's look great, love the Thai and is the Malaysian now finished..?????

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- A380's
klm.b777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways