daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #4041
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza
The Thai livery certainly improves the look of the normally awkward looking (IMO) A380.
Indeed. I really like the design of Thai integrated with the large aircraft. And indeed: large sharklets!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #4042
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Thai's livery is outstanding on A380

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Indeed. I really like the design of Thai integrated with the large aircraft. And indeed: large sharklets!
You mean wingtip fence
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #4043
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario
Thai's livery is outstanding on A380

You mean wingtip fence
Hahahahaha yep. Wingtip fence. I'd better learn more aircraft technical terms.

Now that TG has the A380, it, along with SQ, now have their own A380s... And both of them are Star Alliance members. Makes me wonder: who will be the next A380 customer for SE Asia since it is a fast-growing (and very hot) region?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #4044
sc4

Likes (Received): 88

MH already has its 3rd A380
sc4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4045
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4
MH already has its 3rd A380
Oh shoots, I forgot MH! And it's not yet in an alliance, eh? Probably oneworld... Dang, I must have not been looking sharp lately.

Old September 30th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #4046
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Quote:
Hahahahaha yep. Wingtip fence. I'd better learn more aircraft technical terms.
Everyone faces this problem

Quote:
Now that TG has the A380, it, along with SQ, now have their own A380s... And both of them are Star Alliance members. Makes me wonder: who will be the next A380 customer for SE Asia since it is a fast-growing (and very hot) region?
Lion Air can be a customer as well. Given that (i) it's growing pretty fast and (ii) they have some 747, A380 will be a pretty nice replacement
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #4047
sidney_jec
Complex Equation

Thai A380 looks great. and these pictures are amazing. TFS

PS: Lord Murugan never deleted signatures. Never
sidney_jec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:47 AM   #4048
Bangroma-sky
from east to west

Likes (Received): 488

Royal First class on THAI's A380...A Whole New Level of Luxury & Comfort.

การบินไทยขอพาทุกท่านสัมผัสความสะดวกสบาย เพลิดเพลินไปกับระบบความบันเทิงครบครัน และความเป็นส่วนตัวสูงสุด รวมทั้งบริการชั้นเลิศกับที่นั่งชั้นหนึ่ง รอยัล เฟิร์สท คลาส ของเครื่องบินแอร์บัส เอ 380

In Royal First Class the 12 seats recline 180 degrees, have 83 inch pitch, 26.5 inch seat width, with semi-privacy conventional configuration, installed with the latest Audio Video On Demand (AVOD) eX2 system with a 23 inch personal entertainment screen that offers 100 movies, 150 television programs, 500 CD albums, and 60 games. Passengers have more personal storage area in Royal First Class, with individual coat storage.

ด้วยความพิเศษของเก้าอี้โดยสารชั้นหนึ่ง รอยัล เฟิร์สท คลาส ที่มีความเป็นส่วนตัวสูงสุด โดยจะมีกั้นระหว่างที่นั่งสามารถปรับขึ้นลงได้ ขนาดที่นั่งที่มีความกว้าง 26.5 นิ้ว สามารถปรับเอนราบได้ 180 องศา จำนวน 12 ที่นั่ง ติดตั้งจอโทรทัศน์ระบบสัมผัสขนาด 23 นิ้ว พร้อมด้วยสาระบันเทิงที่ทันสมัย ระบบสื่อสาร อาทิเช่น Wi-Fi, การใช้งานโทรศัพท์มือถือระหว่างการเดินทาง และอุปกรณ์สื่อสาร รวมถึงปลั๊กไฟสำหรับอุปกรณ์ไฟฟ้าต่างๆด้วยค่ะ

In addition to internet connection, Wi-Fi, mobile phone use on board, and electronic plug-in, it also features a Royal First Class Bar, spacious lavatory/dressing room, and Royal First Lounge onboard that serves as a multipurpose area.

อีกทั้งภายในห้องโดยสาร ได้จัดพื้นที่สำหรับเก็บของใช้ระหว่างเดินทาง ตู้สำหรับแขวนเสื้อ Coat แยกสัดส่วน และห้องน้ำขนาดใหญ่จำนวน 2 ห้อง ซึ่งกว้างขวางเพียงพอสำหรับการเปลี่ยนเครื่องแต่งกายได้สะดวก นอกจากนี้ ยังมี รอยัล เฟิร์สท คลาส เลาจน์ พื้นที่พักผ่อนสำหรับผู้โดยสาร และรอยัล เฟิร์สท คลาส บาร์ เพื่อบริการเครื่องดื่มและของว่างตลอดการเดินทาง
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1

ThaiAirways
Royal Silk Class seats on THAI's A380...A Whole New Level of Serenity & Comfort.

พบกับความเป็นอิสระทุกที่นั่ง พร้อมความสะดวกสบายและความบันเทิงครบครันกับที่นั่งชั้นธุรกิจ รอยัล ซิลค์ คลาส บนเครื่องบินแอร์บัส เอ380

In Royal Silk Class the 60 seats recline 180 degrees, have 74 inch pitch, 20 inch seat width, with staggered seat configuration for easy access, have 15 inch personal entertainment screen with the AVOD eX2 system that offers the same number of audio and video selection as Royal First Class, complete with a Royal Silk Bar. More personal storage area is provided, along with internet connection, Wi-Fi, mobile phone use on board, and electronic plug-in.

ด้วยที่นั่งที่ออกแบบมาเพื่ออำนวยความสะดวกสบายอย่างเต็มเปี่ยมแบบส่วนตัวสำหรับผู้โดยสารโดยเฉพาะ จึงมีการติดตั้งที่นั่งผู้โดยสารชั้นธุรกิจ รอยัล ซิลค์ คลาส จำนวน 60 ที่นั่ง ประกอบ ด้วยเบาะนั่งที่ปรับเอนนอนราบได้ 180 องศา มีความกว้าง 20 นิ้ว และระยะห่างระหว่างแถว 74 นิ้ว ทำให้ผู้โดยสารสามารถเดินเข้า – ออกจากที่นั่งได้อย่างเป็นอิสระ ซึ่งทุกที่นั่งติดตั้งจอโทรทัศน์ระบบสัมผัสขนาด 15 นิ้ว พร้อมด้วยสาระบันเทิงที่ทันสมัย อีกทั้งระบบสื่อสารที่สามารถเชื่อมต่ออินเตอร์เน็ต อุปกรณ์สื่อสาร และปลั๊กไฟสำหรับอุปกรณ์ไฟฟ้าต่างๆ ได้ นอกจากนี้ยังมีบริการ รอยัล ซิลค์ คลาส บาร์ เพื่อบริการอาหารว่างและเครื่องดื่มสำหรับผู้โดยสารชั้นธุรกิจอีกด้วยค่ะ

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1

Economy class on THAI's A380...A Whole New Level of Entertainment & Comfort.

หลังจากที่ทุกท่านได้พบกับที่นั่งชั้นหนึ่ง รอยัล เฟิร์สท คลาส และที่นั่งชั้นธุรกิจ รอยัล ซิลค์ คลาส ไปแล้วนะคะ วันนี้เราขอแนะนำที่นั่งชั้นประหยัดของเครื่องบินแอร์บัส เอ380 ซึ่งมาพร้อมระบบสาระบันเทิงเต็มรูปแบบ ทุกที่นั่งติดตั้งจอทีวีระบบสัมผัสเพื่อผู้โดยสารการบินไทยทุกท่านค่ะ

In Economy Class the 435 seats, 58 seats in the upper deck area and 377 seats in the lower deck or main passenger cabin area, have 32 inch pitch, 18 inch seat width, have 10.6 inch personal entertainment screen with the AVOD eX2 system that offers the same number of audio and video selection as Royal First Class and Royal Silk Class. There is internet connection, Wi-Fi, mobile phone use on board, and electronic plug-in.

ด้วยจำนวนที่นั่งผู้โดยสารชั้นประหยัดถึง 435 ที่นั่ง ซึ่งครอบครองพื้นที่บริเวณชั้นล่างจำนวน 377 ที่นั่ง และพื้นที่ด้านหลังของชั้นบนของเครื่องบินจำนวน 58 ที่นั่ง โดยมีระยะห่างระหว่างแถวที่นั่ง 32 นิ้ว และแต่ละที่นั่งมีความกว้างถึง 18 นิ้ว พร้อมติดตั้งจอโทรทัศน์ระบบสัมผัสขนาด 10.6 นิ้วทุกที่นั่งกับสาระบันเทิงหลากหลายชนิด ประกอบด้วยภาพยนตร์ 100 เรื่อง รายการทีวี 150 รายการ อัลบั้มซีดีเพลงกว่า 500 แผ่น และเกมต่างๆ ที่มีให้เลือกอย่างหลากหลายค่ะ นอกจากนี้ยังมีระบบเชื่อมต่ออุปกรณ์สื่อสาร และปลั๊กไฟสำหรับอุปกรณ์ไฟฟ้าต่างๆ เพื่ออำนวยความสะดวกแก่ผู้โดยสารทุกท่านโดยเฉพาะค่ะ

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...count=1&ref=nf

[IMG]http://******************/i/7a0/N3KCYd.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://******************/i/061/FuUM4G.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://******************/i/615/pqocef.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:49 AM   #4049
Bangroma-sky
from east to west

Likes (Received): 488

More photo's:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb.../welovethaiair
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:52 AM   #4050
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Wow, those seats really makes me wanna fly with Thai soon... I hope their service is great, if not legendary. I would ride the A380 with Thai from Los Angeles if they ever want to do it.

Old October 1st, 2012, 02:36 AM   #4051
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangroma-sky View Post
I've always wondered how many 380s the hanger in BKK is capable of handling... By the looks of it I'll say 3 x A380s?
Old October 1st, 2012, 02:42 AM   #4052
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413

I've always wondered how many 380s the hanger in BKK is capable of handling... By the looks of it I'll say 3 x A380s?
Probably 2 or 3. Plus the Philippines has a hangar complex that could repair A380s too by the name of Lufthansa Technik. I think it takes a lot of engineers and maintenance crew to repair and upkeep the A380.

Old October 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4053
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Double delivery for Emirates today with their 24th and 25th A380.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM   #4054
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 996

Quote:
Wow, those seats really makes me wanna fly with Thai soon... I hope their service is great, if not legendary. I would ride the A380 with Thai from Los Angeles if they ever want to do it.
I've flown with Thai a couple of times, I have to say I've experienced a couple of real dragon ladies amongst their crews.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM   #4055
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza

I've flown with Thai a couple of times, I have to say I've experienced a couple of real dragon ladies amongst their crews.
What do you mean? Thai ladies can be gorgeous for their own good... but then again, it depends on what flight you're in.

Highcliff liked this post
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:19 PM   #4056
sc4

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Oh shoots, I forgot MH! And it's not yet in an alliance, eh? Probably oneworld... Dang, I must have not been looking sharp lately.
Yups, its OW...most prolly by next year they will be in the alliance
sc4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #4057
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4 View Post
Yups, its OW...most prolly by next year they will be in the alliance
Aha. So I'm looking into forming codeshares with BA, QF, and LA... but what will happen to its current codesharing with KL since KL is in Skyteam? Will MH keep that lucrative codeshare?

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM   #4058
Elktest

Likes (Received): 1803

Emirates new Hub in Hamburg

Elktest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:14 PM   #4059
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Did you mean another new EK A380 in Hamburg?

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:28 PM   #4060
napoleon
Liberty, Equality, Frate

Likes (Received): 4462

First Airbus A380-800 aircraft delivered to THAI

BANGKOK, Sept 29 -- The first of Thai Airways International (THAI)’s six Airbus A380-800 jetliners has been delivered to the national flag carrier this morning from the Airbus assembly plant in Toulouse, France, according to Chokchai Panyayong, THAI Executive Vice President for Strategy and Business Development Department.

A welcoming ceremony for the first aircraft was held at Suvarnabhumi airport. THAI has become the ninth airline to receive what is billed as the world's largest and most eco-efficient aircraft.

Mr Chokchai, who is also Acting THAI President, said the aircraft named "Sri Rattana" by HM the King was one of six Airbus A380-800 aircraft that THAI has purchased to replace six aging Boeing 747 aircraft which would later be decommissioned.

He said THAI expected that when all six Airbus A380-800 aircraft were in operation, the company's revenue would increase by 10 per cent to Bt220 billion.

THAI will place the aircraft into service on October 6 for the Bangkok-Hong Kong and Bangkok-Singapore routes. After the second Airbus A380-800 aircraft is delivered in November, the two aircraft would be on service for Bangkok-Frankfurt and Bangkok-Hong Kong routes from mid December.

In January 2013, when the third aircraft is delivered, the service would expand to include Bangkok-Narita and the fourth aircraft would service the Bangkok-Paris route starting next February. The remaining two aircraft would be delivered late next year.

The THAI version of the Airbus A380-800 would offer a total of 507 seats in three classes - 12 seats in Royal First Class, 60 seats in Royal Silk Class (Business Class) and 435 seats in Economy Class. (MCOT online news)

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/419098.html

Last edited by deasine; October 2nd, 2012 at 03:15 AM.
napoleon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways