daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #4501
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18209

image hosted on flickr

Airbus | A380-841 | Thai Airways International | HS-TUB | Hong Kong | HKG | VHHH by Christian Junker | PHOTOGRAPHY, on Flickr

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

klm.b777 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #4502
klm.b777

Likes (Received): 32

I think THAI has one of the most beautifull colours for an A380.. Very nice..

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- A380's
klm.b777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #4503
racso380

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invader View Post
100th A380 to be msn113 (32nd for Emirates) or msn114 (6th for MH).
I'd put my money on the Emirates one.
when is msn113 expected to be delivered?
racso380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #4504
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

March, It has to pass by the paint job.

racso380 liked this post
Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #4505
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
I'd put it also with EK unless MH's paint job is done a bit quicker and its tests done faster. It looks like Airbus is going to produce a lot of A380s before Boeing catches up with the B787...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #4506
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 889

Quote:
Wow has time passed. I remember the time when the A380 factory was barely producing the whales, delays and setbacks... Now 100 have been made

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #4507
Elktest

Likes (Received): 1803

MSN094 Malaysia 9M-MNE fly back to Toulouse from Hamburg for the last testflight and delivery in the next times

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post

Last edited by Elktest; January 29th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
Elktest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #4508
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18209

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/579/5791387.html

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4509
Tyco75
Orgulloso de ser TICO

Likes (Received): 507

Gorgeous plane and beautiful paint job, one of the most beautiful livery.
Tyco75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4510
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 891

I wonder if the A380-900 will ever be developed?

In case if anyone don't know the difference between the -900 with the existing -800 here is the illustration.

This is another illustration of "what if" Emirates Airbus A380-900.

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM   #4511
Flo Flo
Parisian Guy

Likes (Received): 1685

Probably not because the A380 is a complete financial disaster for Airbus, despite its the corporation's flagship.

If you check on Wikipedia, you can see that the total orders for the A380 is currently 262 but you have to remove -2 for Air Austral, (probably) -10 for Hong Kong Airlines, -5 for Kingfisher, -1 for the kingdom Holding Company and also probably -6 for Virgin Atlantic.

Consequently, the real net orders for the A380 are currently 238.

The only potential order is 30 for Emirates, which means back to 268 but that's all. No other airlines will ever order it or only for 1 or 2 planes.

Because of the delays, Airbus said in that the financial equilibrium for the plane would be 420, but that was the plan in 2006. Now we have some more delays and the wings problems which means that the equilibrium is probably around 500 planes.

Considering that Airbus will probably never reach 300 orders for the A380, it's far from being a success.

They could have developed a new version for the plane if it had been a success but even if it's not official yet, I bet this economical disaster lead them to cancel this enhanced version.

And it also means that the plane's production will stop 11 or 12 years after the beginning. It's really short and I wonder if they will keep the production chain alive even after they have delivered al the orders or if they will remove it to let some more place for the A350....?
Flo Flo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM   #4512
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 889

But then what will happen to the A380s that are with the airlines in 15-20 years time? They will start to age and will need a replacement. At the moment there is no comparable aircraft size of the A380. If the A380 stops production then what will replace them when the current A380 gets old?

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM   #4513
Knuddel Knutsch

Likes (Received): 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
But then what will happen to the A380s that are with the airlines in 15-20 years time? They will start to age and will need a replacement. At the moment there is no comparable aircraft size of the A380. If the A380 stops production then what will replace them when the current A380 gets old?
Quite simple: Airlines as well as the Customers are extremely happy with the A380....And the congestion and slot restrictions at the busy hubs gets worse, not better.

The A380 will have its market in the future and wont stop production...
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM   #4514
Pedro EM

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuddel Knutsch View Post
Quite simple: Airlines as well as the Customers are extremely happy with the A380....And the congestion and slot restrictions at the busy hubs gets worse, not better.

The A380 will have its market in the future and wont stop production...
But they'll certainly slow production down.
Pedro EM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM   #4515
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I sense that the A380 will eventually find its place and market, especially for airlines that not only want to carry even more passengers per flight, but also for airlines to creatively expand their services (if not even restore their First Class service!). That way, airlines can finally regain their revenue from hauling in more premium passengers (on F and C classes) while at the same time deliver the best possible services for each passenger because it is indeed a flagship aircraft. I mean, the 747 has been a flagship aircraft for Boeing for a long time, and now, the A380 has the same distinction for Airbus, so it will just take time for it to find its comfort zone and sell a lot to airlines.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM   #4516
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro EM View Post
But they'll certainly slow production down.
I'm from the ones who think the opposite, the good years for the A380 are not now but in a few years.
The economic slump in Europe and the US changed a lot of things for the a380 market, the potential customers are, for most of all, pretty carefull, but the long haul market keeps growing, and a few airports are completely saturated. Frequency is good, but has limits, and the A380 can really makes sense when these limits are reached.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #4517
Space Invader
Registered Alien

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article....-01-543373.xml

Quote:
Cathay Evaluating Widebody Needs, Considering A380s And 747-8s

Cathay Pacific CEO John Slosar tells Aviation Week the airline is evaluating the Airbus A380 and Boeing 747-8 and expects to make a decision on whether to place an order for passenger variants in the first half of 2013.

Cathay will have phased out most of its 747-400 passenger aircraft by the end of the year, and has to deal with slot constraints at London Heathrow Airport and Hong Kong International Airport, Slosar says.

And while his predecessor found cost inefficiencies with the A380 and preferred the cargo capacity of the 777-300ER, Slosar notes that the maximum takeoff weight of aircraft like the A380 changes as improvements are made to the aircraft.

Old February 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM   #4518
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

With that development, I can sense that CX will lean to the B747-8 since it has been using the B747 for so many years, with the B744 being the latest model for them. But it'd be interesting to see what a CX A380 will look like... perhaps it'll be a regular to Manila since it usually sends B744s for a short hop.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM   #4519
WatcherZero

Yeah I also have to agree, the A380 is a big ticket item and in the current economic climate airlines are tweaking their capacity unable to afford large purchases. Having designed the A380 they are now in a position to just routinely tweak the design for the next three decades like Boeing did for the 747.

However I will say that the next big market is going to be wholesale replacement of the aging US fleet, presently the oldest on average in the world. And neither the A380 nor the 747 are suitable for those small short hop flights.
WatcherZero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:50 AM   #4520
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatcherZero View Post
Yeah I also have to agree, the A380 is a big ticket item and in the current economic climate airlines are tweaking their capacity unable to afford large purchases. Having designed the A380 they are now in a position to just routinely tweak the design for the next three decades like Boeing did for the 747.

However I will say that the next big market is going to be wholesale replacement of the aging US fleet, presently the oldest on average in the world. And neither the A380 nor the 747 are suitable for those small short hop flights.
Maybe the B747-8 would be a good replacement, but I sense that the A380 would definitely be best for long-haul flights, and domestic promotions for such flights would be a good possibility as well, especially for the cross-continental trips.

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways