daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 4th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #4541
emyrr3096

Likes (Received): 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elktest View Post
the first from BA became the cabin

and a the Singapore 9V-SKP without color

When they will send the 380 9V-SKP to SQ?? When the pictures taken?

Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #4542
Elktest

Likes (Received): 1803

the delivery was on 12 jan 2012 and the pic its coming from 27 jun 2011
Elktest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #4543
emyrr3096

Quote:
the delivery was on 12 jan 2012 and the pic its coming from 27 jun 2011
Ooow. Thanks for the info. I wanna ask.. How long airbus factory to build a380 from zero to big big boy
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #4544
Elktest

Likes (Received): 1803

and the landing by strom Wind 270° 30kn runway 23

Equario liked this post
Elktest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #4545
Flyer121

Likes (Received): 28

Cheeky ad from Airbus

Flyer121 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #4546
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

The true advantage of Airbus A380 when compared to Boeing 747-8 is the much larger capacity, and more choice of engines.

Other than those, they're just exaggerating.
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #4547
Flyer121

Likes (Received): 28

I agree.

Apart from it being in bad taste - it shows that desperation is setting in the Airbus camp. The marvelous Fat Ugly Duck has to sell 300 or more to turn a profit.

They need to ramp up production to allow slots for further sales pretty fast otherwise the Beautiful & Sleek Old Lady aka 747 will steal orders from them. Already Cathay are looking at them.
Flyer121 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #4548
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

I don't take sides. Both aircraft are great aircrafts, but both of them are in different league.
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #4549
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer121 View Post
I agree.

Apart from it being in bad taste - it shows that desperation is setting in the Airbus camp. The marvelous Fat Ugly Duck has to sell 300 or more to turn a profit.

What do you think about this Boeing ad? Isn´t this "bad taste", too?
What Is Love?

Equario liked this post
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #4550
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

I find these adverts pretty funny, when there is a little funny side put on purpose or an effort in the layout, if you don't take it too seriously, i don't think it's bad taste.
Remember the Coca-Cola vs pepsi adverts?? It was funny imo, and not bad taste.

Plus, Boeing as Airbus perfectly know it changes nothing on their sales, it's just communication to make people talk about it.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #4551
Tyco75
Orgulloso de ser TICO

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
the secound A380 from British Airways G-XLEB today first flight

Can wait to see full livery too.
Tyco75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #4552
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Quote:
I agree.

They need to ramp up production to allow slots for further sales pretty fast otherwise the Beautiful & Sleek Old Lady aka 747 will steal orders from them. Already Cathay are looking at them.
Beauty is subjective and probably the least important metric that people in charge of buying aeroplanes look for.

The 747 holds sentimental value for many people, but that doesn't make the 747-8i better than the A380 for most missions.

Cathay's indication that they are 'looking' does not give any indication that they are about to buy.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #4553
emyrr3096

Quote:
Cheeky ad from Airbus
Haha
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #4554
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Quote:
Originally Posted by future.architect View Post
Beauty is subjective and probably the least important metric that people in charge of buying aeroplanes look for.

The 747 holds sentimental value for many people, but that doesn't make the 747-8i better than the A380 for most missions.

Cathay's indication that they are 'looking' does not give any indication that they are about to buy.
Well, I would believe that it will stick with the B747, the next in line being the B747-8I, unless it has specific reasons why an A380 would work better for CX. I mean, it is retiring its B744s pretty soon, yet it still does not indicate what will replace them in the long-run, especially that some routes are so popular, B744s are used on a regular basis.

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #4555
seldomseen

Likes (Received): 119

Thai Airway's A380 interior design is nice.
seldomseen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #4556
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Well, I would believe that it will stick with the B747, the next in line being the B747-8I, unless it has specific reasons why an A380 would work better for CX. I mean, it is retiring its B744s pretty soon, yet it still does not indicate what will replace them in the long-run, especially that some routes are so popular, B744s are used on a regular basis.
Then, Singapore would of sticked with it aswell...
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #4557
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18158

Quote:
Cathay is very happy with the 777 and is reluctant to use the A380 because of its relatively poor cargo load. Cargo plays quite a big role in Cathay's operations. As the 747's retire, the 777 will very likely take over.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #4558
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

Cathay is very happy with the 777 and is reluctant to use the A380 because of its relatively poor cargo load. Cargo plays quite a big role in Cathay's operations. As the 747's retire, the 777 will very likely take over.
Ah OK. So if that's the case, I suspect that CX will convert its remaining B744s to freighters and operate the B777s (both passenger and freighter variants). No chance for it then to operate the A380.

Another question: do you think that Air China will operate the A380 along with CZ?

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:16 AM   #4559
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18158

Quote:
Ah OK. So if that's the case, I suspect that CX will convert its remaining B744s to freighters and operate the B777s (both passenger and freighter variants). No chance for it then to operate the A380.

Another question: do you think that Air China will operate the A380 along with CZ?
The only other Chinese carrier that has ordered the A380 is Hainan Airlines, but that plan was changed a few times and eventually it went to their subsidiary, Hong Kong Airlines. Late last year, Hong Kong Airlines was considering swapping the A380 for smaller aircraft.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #4560
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Quote:
The only airlines who have bought significant numbers of the 747-8i also have the A380 as well (Lufthansa and Korean).

Many industry observers also believe that the 777x will be more capable than the i and will likely significantly damage it's the business case.

I understand that cargo could be an issue for Cathay, but why would anyone buy a refresh of a 40 year old model which is just about to be killed by it's own manufacturer when you can buy a brand new model that has 30+ years of upgrades in line for it?

Other airlines who operate lots of 747's such as British Airways have said they are not interested in the i as well.

I either expect Cathay to order the A380, A350-1000 or the 777 (x or current version) in that order.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways