daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2015, 07:29 AM   #7441
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam5 View Post
Rumor has it that United Airlines is edging closer to purchasing the Airbus A380.
A380 does not work for United: CFO

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...ed-cfo-413079/
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2015, 08:06 AM   #7442
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

I think if the price is right, United could jump at a chance to grab the two A380's that were originally built for Skymark Airlines in Japan and a number of ex-Malaysian Airlines planes.

United--if they get the planes--may assign them to SFO, where they will likely fly the San Francisco-Beijing and San Francisco-Hong Kong-Singapore route.

patel2897, fieldsofdreams, Zaz965 liked this post
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:14 PM   #7443
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11245

I just found out now how the 2-class Emirates A380 seating layout will be like...

Upper deck: 192 seats
J: 1-2-1 config, 64 seats (Rows 6-16, 19-23)
Y: 2-4-2 config, 128 seats (Rows 24-39)

Lower deck: 470 seats
Y: 3-4-3 config, 470 seats (Rows 41-88)

Total number of seats: 662 seats

Dang, that's so many seats that it can help reduce congestion on the airline's most popular routes. The main concern I have for this layout: will all those seats get filled all the time, and how will this seating layout impact the aircraft's operational performance (especially range-wise)?

Source: Airline Route Twitter

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross

Zaz965 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #7444
noir-dresses
bling bling

The two routes so far will be Bombay, and Copenhagen with the two class layout.

I don't think they will have problems filling those seats, nor will they have any problems with range.

Next two destinations should be Manila, and New Delhi.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #7445
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

To me, Dubai-Copenhagen on a 2-class A380 is a really interesting case. I thought Milan or Paris would be viable candidates for that aircraft type because there are so many flyers doing either route, but Copenhagen? I may need some explanation... For its flights to India and Manila (my home airport), though, that really makes sense.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:38 PM   #7446
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
To me, Dubai-Copenhagen on a 2-class A380 is a really interesting case. I thought Milan or Paris would be viable candidates for that aircraft type because there are so many flyers doing either route, but Copenhagen? I may need some explanation... For its flights to India and Manila (my home airport), though, that really makes sense.
Stockholm was really pushing for the A380, but EK decided to go with Copenhagen because it was performing better.
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:50 PM   #7447
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I see. I would really love to see the seating differences to make sure I understand how the interiors of that particular aircraft type will work out. I thought, though, that EK will introduce Y+ on the A380...

Old June 12th, 2015, 01:15 AM   #7448
jam5

Likes (Received): 534

Airbus Details A380 11-abreast Option

by Chris Kjelgaard
- June 11, 2015, 1:40 PM

Quote:
The A380 main deck economy seat row recently unveiled by Airbus (Hall Concorde 17) is one of four new cabin interior options it is offering, all aimed at reducing unit costs or enhancing revenue. Chris Emerson, Airbus senior v-p marketing, said the 11-abreast ‘Max Abreast’ row is for A380 customers wanting to reduce economy-seating unit costs to levels like those of competing low-cost carriers while offering better comfort. He said the 11-abreast main deck economy row would use a “unique advantage” of the A380–its main-deck sidewalls curve outwards from floor level at and above every seat–to position window seats outward to a half-inch distance from the walls.

This positioning would retain existing personal space levels at all heights and “in some cases” would even offer increased head and shoulder space, Emerson said. “We just got rid of wasted space,” he added. Together with reducing average armrest width from 2 to 1.5 inches, the outward positioning would create a 3-5-3 configuration in which all economy seats remain 18 inches wide, wider than those of any LCC operating non-Airbus aircraft, according to Emerson. He said the center seats in the between-aisle, five-abreast rows would only be filled if the A380 was at least 90-percent booked, and would often be booked by families traveling together.

Airbus sees its new A380 configurations as best suited to short-haul markets, regional Asian sectors and longer-haul leisure markets in which LCCs or charter carriers also compete. “We have customers who are asking for this, in certain marketplaces with predominantly low-yield traffic,” said Emerson. “We have demonstrated that with the A380 we can do this and still have an 18-inch level of comfort.”

Zaz965, renshapratama liked this post
jam5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 01:52 AM   #7449
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

So much for promises of comfort onboard A380's! Really not happy with this latest layout proposed by Airbus.
Cramp passengers in like sardines glad I usually travel in pointy end on my trips.
Old June 12th, 2015, 02:47 AM   #7450
Buffalomatt1027

Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
So much for promises of comfort onboard A380's! Really not happy with this latest layout proposed by Airbus.
Cramp passengers in like sardines glad I usually travel in pointy end on my trips.

I highly doubt you ever see this in a plane ......

the a380 doesnt need more seats .... it needs to lose some weight.
Buffalomatt1027 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 04:50 AM   #7451
chuboy

Likes (Received): 89

+1

You can't fit the bags of that many passengers on an A380 if you want to carry a decent load of fuel, well you can but the plane will be too heavy to take off...

The only way you would see this is if the airline wants to fit the same number of economy pax in a smaller area so that more premium seats can be fitted... this necessitates that the route has extremely high demand for premium seating which is not often the case.
chuboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #7452
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62847

Emirates is not going to do the 11-abreast, that pretty much leaves no other customer that could go for this option.

Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 02:25 PM   #7453
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18158

Airbus to decide on A380 revamp this year - WirtschaftsWoche
Excerpt

FRANKFURT, June 12 (Reuters) - Planemaker Airbus will decide around the end of 2015 on how to revamp its A380 super jumbo and is on track for its 2015 targets, Chief Executive Thomas Enders was quoted saying by German business weekly WirtschaftsWoche.

"The board of directors will certainly need until the end of the year to form a comprehensive overview of the situation and to make decisions," he said in remarks published on Friday.

"This is one of our most difficult product decisions in years. What is clear is that there will not be an A380 with new engines only for certain customers."

Airbus has struggled to find buyers for the A380 over the last couple of years. Emirates, the biggest customer, has called for Airbus to revamp the jet with new engines.

Enders said Airbus had managed to cut fuel usage by several percentage points even without new engines, which he said were only one of many options being considered.

"One possibility I am thinking about concretely is innovations in the cabin," he said.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

jam5 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #7454
michael_n_

Likes (Received): 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Yuk Brisbane Dubai in that????????
michael_n_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #7455
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Airbus Details A380 11-abreast Option

by Chris Kjelgaard
- June 11, 2015, 1:40 PM

Oh dear... that is an absolute disgrace to make the world's largest passenger aircraft more like a cattle car than a flying machine. I hope EK, EY, and QR would not resort themselves to do a C- or D-check and refurbish the lower deck with that 3-5-3 Y seating configuration.

firoz bharmal liked this post
Old June 13th, 2015, 03:27 AM   #7456
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

My guess is that Airbus wants to work with Rolls-Royce and the GE/Pratt & Whitney Engine Alliance on new engines that could cut the fuel consumption of the A380 by 10% or more.

One possible idea: scale up the geared turbofan technology on the P&W PurePower PW1100G for a really efficient large turbofan with over 10% fuel savings compared to the original GP7270 engine. That type of fuel savings could be VERY attractive to airlines flying transpacific routes, for example Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, and the airlines of China.

firoz bharmal liked this post
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 04:08 PM   #7457
applegreen2488

Likes (Received): 6

Quan Cau Giay nam o phia tay cua thu do Ha Noi, phia Bac giap quan Tay Ho, phia Dong giap quan Dong Da va quan Ba Dinh, phia Nam giap quan Thanh Xuan, phia Tay giap quan Tu Liem. Cau Giay la vung dat co, tu xa xua da giu mot vi tri chien luoc quan trong cua Thang Long – Ha Noi ngan nam van hien. Noi day tap trung nhieu lang nghe truyen thong: Lang nghe Nghia Do lam giay sac, Lang Cot – Yen Hoa lam giay ban, giay moi, quat giay, Lang Vong – Dich Vong chuyen lam com, Nghia Do san xuat keo mach nha; lang Gian co nghe lam huong. Ke thua va phat huy truyen thong hao hung cua vung dat co be day lich su, tu ngay thanh lap quan, Dang bo, chinh quyen va nhan dan quan Cau Giay da neu cao tinh than doan ket, vuot qua moi kho khan xay dung quan khong ngung lon manh ve moi mat.

Trong vong khoang 10 nam, tu mot vung dat ven noi, san xuat nong nghiep la chu yeu, kinh te con ngheo nan, co so ha tang yeu kem, Cau Giay da vuon len la quan noi thanh voi ket cau ha tang do thi ngay cang van minh hien dai. Kinh te phat trien manh theo co cau: dich vu – cong nghiep – nong nghiep. Van hoa xa hoi co nhieu tien bo, doi song vat chat, tinh than cua nhan dan quan Cau Giay duoc cai thien ro ret, an ninh quoc phong duoc bao dam. Cong tac xay dung Dang va he thong chinh tri duoc tang cuong. Cong tac dau tu xay dung, quan ly va phat trien do thi chuyen bien tich cuc, tao buoc dot pha, co su chuyen bien manh me.

Trong quy hoach va quan ly quy hoach quan Cau Giay dam bao thong nhat giua quy hoach tong the phat trien kinh te xa hoi voi xay dung phat trien do thi. He thong ha tang ky thuat khung, nhieu tuyen duong giao thong chinh quan trong duoc xay dung moi va hoan thanh co tinh chat quyet dinh cho su phat trien do thi cua quan nhu: Tuyen duong ven song To Lich; duong Trung Kinh; cac duong dau noi ra pho Trung Kinh; pho Tran Vy; duong Nguyen Van Huyen keo dai…

I. Dich Vu Internet FPT Cau Giay.

Voi su co gang cua toan the chinh quyen va nguoi dan quan Cau Giay da gop phan nang cao doi song nguoi dan. Cong ty vien thong FPT ha Noi da trien khai ha tang phuc vu viec lắp mạng fpt cầu giấy cho khach hang. FPT Telecom trien khai phu song ha tang cap quang FPT GPON tai toan bo khu vuc Cau Giay.

Khach hang dang ky lap mang FPT tai Cau Giay se duoc trai nghiem duong truyen cap quang FPT sieu toc, bang thong rong co the len toi 80 Mbqs ma chi phi lắp internet fpt ba đình lap dat va gia cuoc hang thang re den bat ngo. Quan Cau Giay la 1 trong cac quan nam o phia tay thanh pho Ha Noi bao gom 8 phuong voi khoang 250.000 nguoi sinh song hoc tap va lam viec. Tai dia ban quan Cau Giay con co toa nha FPT Cau Giay la tru so chinh cua tap doan FPT dat tai Thanh pho Ha Noi.

Khach hang dang ky lắp mạng fpt thường tín mang FPT Quan Cau Giay chi can CMND photo la dang ky duoc. Tuy nhien doi voi mot so dia chi nha tren dia ban quan Cau Giay neu khong co so nha hay dia chi la day phong tro da tung no cuoc FPT thi khach hang phai the chan them 600.000d moi dang ky duoc.

II. Lap Mang Internet FPT Cau Giay.

Khach hang khi dang ky lắp mạng fpt tây hồ, fpt Cầu Giấy cap quang FPT Quan Cau Giay se duoc trang bi 1 modem FTTH quang Wifi 4 ports de su dung, truong hop trong qua trinh su dung khong phai set danh hay vo nuoc, FPT Quan Cau Giay se bao hang modem cho khach hang suot qua trinh. Khach hang chi can cam modem ra phong giao dich FPT Quan Cau Giay de doi la duoc Khach hang lắp mạng fpt thanh xuân lap mang internet fpt Cau Giay thue nha o tro phai dong So tien the chan dam bao khach hang su dung mang FPT Cau Giay it nhat 12 thang.

Khach hang bo ngang se mat so tien coc. Truong hop khach hang su dung qua 12 thang tien the chan se khau tru vo tien cuoc moi thang 50.000d cho den khi het tien the chan. De dang ky mạng internet fpt thanh trì,mang internet fpt Cau Giay khach hang co the goi ve duong day nong tong dai fpt ben tren.

Last edited by applegreen2488; June 20th, 2017 at 04:50 AM.
applegreen2488 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 05:22 AM   #7458
jam5

Likes (Received): 534

Emirates Airlines President Sir Tim Clark explains what he's doing right with the A380 (and why Emirates is doing so well with them), and what his competitors are doing wrong:

Quote:
Commenting early this year on a lack of orders for the giant jet, which might halt production, Sir Tim told Travel “airlines are too conservative and have not put the right interiors into their A380s”.

“Some of the interiors are a disgrace and are 1970s thinking. If airlines don’t believe they can fill an A380, then their business model is wrong.”

On the five-times daily route from Dubai to London, Sir Tim said the A380s were running at 95 per cent capacity.

“We put all our premium seats on the upper deck and economy on the main deck but others have mixed them, which is very inefficient,” he said. “Our competitors laughed at us when we put showers and a lounge in the A380. But passengers love the showers and the lounge.”

Airlines that are first to market are usually the ones that are really successful. Decades ago, Emirates was one of the first two airlines to put seat- back videos in economy. Passengers — particularly those with children — flocked to the airline.

And it has followed up that initiative with many more, resulting in the airline winning more awards that any other carrier.
Source

Anyone thinks he has a point?
jam5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2015, 06:56 AM   #7459
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Emirates Airlines President Sir Tim Clark explains what he's doing right with the A380 (and why Emirates is doing so well with them), and what his competitors are doing wrong: Source Anyone thinks he has a point?
The word geographically located comes to mind. The advantages the likes of EK, EY & QR have over their competitors would be their location & that's why the A380 has been successful for EK.
Old June 15th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #7460
Shad
Sup ?

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Emirates Airlines President Sir Tim Clark explains what he's doing right with the A380 (and why Emirates is doing so well with them), and what his competitors are doing wrong:

Source

Anyone thinks he has a point?
"On the five-times daily route from Dubai to London, Sir Tim said the A380s were running at 95 per cent capacity"

I don't think soo ...

Zaz965 liked this post
Shad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways