daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 12th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #8081
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Emirates is not happy with Airbus delaying and not giving clarity about the A380neo. They rather see Airbus investing in this neo then in a proposed stretched A350 (A350-1100/A350-8000) which might be launched soon.
I don't think Airbus will commit to building EITHER this side of 2020. They regularly kite out 'new' models for comment by industry, that does not mean they get built all the same.

as for the 8 series A350

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-airbus-a-idUKKCN0W51ZY

Quote:
Eight is a number widely used by planemakers and is seen as a symbol of success in a key battleground for sales: Asia.

"Eight is a very nice number out in Asia, but we are not going to comment until we launch the program," Leahy said.
Meaning China where they like their 8's . Emirates should be in there looking for an 'auspicious' feng shui name like an A388-888X8X so instead of a neo

Zaz965 liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #8082
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62985

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Meaning China where they like their 8's . Emirates should be in there looking for an 'auspicious' feng shui name like an A388-888X8X so instead of a neo
The irony is that if you actually look at the orders it's not China who are buying a lot of these 8 versions. Instead they are very happy buying a lot of A330-300s, A350-900s & 777-300ERs. The only -8 plane that is really popular in China is the 737-8 MAX, but not more then the A320neo without the 8.

At the end of the day even Chinese airlines just look at the basic economic numbers when they placing orders and not at the lucky number 8.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 11:15 PM   #8083
sponge_bob

Quote:
T
At the end of the day even Chinese airlines just look at the basic economic numbers when they placing orders and not at the lucky number 8.
I was only quoting Leahy , the Airbus chief salesman.
Old March 16th, 2016, 03:46 AM   #8084
sponge_bob

I see the planespotter shíte is creeping back in.

mcarling, Le Male liked this post
Old March 17th, 2016, 10:05 PM   #8085
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
I see the planespotter shíte is creeping back in.
Please keep to news and discussion. For example, Air France have cancelled orders for two A380s and ordered A350s instead: http://aviationweek.com/awincommerci...80-order-a350s

There is a thread for photos and it isn't this thread.

sponge_bob liked this post
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:19 PM   #8086
sponge_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Please keep to news and discussion. For example, Air France have cancelled orders for two A380s and ordered A350s instead:
2 for 3 A350s, seemingly Airbus have not shown this material fact on their order list either.
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #8087
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62985

The news comes from this document, released in mid February.

http://www.airfranceklm.com/sites/de...ments_2015.pdf (p87)

As it almost took a month before the internet noticed it might even take longer before Airbus gets the notice.

Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that such a conversion announced by an airliner is only booked later on by the manufacturer. Just like new orders announced as commitments (or LOI, MoU, or whatever) are not always booked as firm order straight away, see the Iran order.

Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 01:01 AM   #8088
sponge_bob

Quote:
Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that such a conversion announced by an airliner is only booked later on by the manufacturer. Just like new orders announced as commitments (or LOI, MoU, or whatever) are not always booked as firm order straight away, see the Iran order.
Hmm, Iran Air has signed nothing worth the paper it is written on...yet. Supposed to ink contracts for their 12???? A380s last month. If nothing is signed by end March I'd be inclined to bin the order as a probable me. !!!
Old March 29th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #8089
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

Can we stop posting random pictures of A380? This isn't a planespotting thread, it's to discuss news about the A380.

If you want to post plane spotting pictures, there's a sub-forum for that: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4043

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 06:45 AM   #8090
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post
Can we stop posting random pictures of A380? This isn't a planespotting thread, it's to discuss news about the A380.

If you want to post plane spotting pictures, there's a sub-forum for that: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4043
Yes! Moderators, please delete all these photos that are unrelated to news. They make it difficult to follow the discussion.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:33 AM   #8091
Elktest

Likes (Received): 1803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post

ok
Elktest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:02 PM   #8092
Spam King
Make America Great Again!

Likes (Received): 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel2897 View Post
Emirates A380 A6-EOW at Madrid - Adolfo Suarez / Barajas (MAD / LEMD)
Seriously? Do you not read the threads you post in and just spam them with random pictures? Do you need the thread rules translated into Marathi?

Plane spotting of the A380 goes here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1888822

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

mcarling, sponge_bob liked this post
Spam King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:33 PM   #8093
Usman ali

Likes (Received): 5037

Make a sticky thread for all type of plane spotting. It'll be popular everyone will be happy. Ppl don't post in the photo section because no one see there. No need for different threads for different planes simply a plane photos and videos thread would be enough.

klm.b777, bOrN2BwILd, Everton44 liked this post
Usman ali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 07:07 PM   #8094
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 56128

no more plane photos guys, thanks!

Zaz965 liked this post
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 07:17 PM   #8095
sponge_bob

I'd ban that photobot Oasis seeing as it evidently never posts any news in a news thread.....or discusses anything......ever.

melrocks50 liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:27 PM   #8096
Zaz965
Je suis kanonirsss

Likes (Received): 27968

dude....I think he doesn't know english language

djole13 liked this post
Zaz965 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:52 PM   #8097
sponge_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz965 View Post

dude....I think he doesn't know english language
Google Translate is your friend Zaz

Zaz965 liked this post
Old April 3rd, 2016, 03:23 AM   #8098
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3604

Quote:
This is planespotter babble, not news (and the word is "Official") .

Stop posting low grade rubbish like this in a "News and Discussion" thread Patel. I can hardly even make out an A380.

विष्ठा .....is all it is. Stop.
I'm posting pictures here since I joined skyscrapercity in 2013 and no one told me then not to post picture here so why now ? I will continue to post here so you guys STOP deleting my pictures from here full stop period done and this is not your thread this Skyscrapercity if skyscrapercity tells me not post pictures here then I will stop posting my pictures here so get someone from skyscrapercity to tell me . thanks peace out !
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

klm.b777 liked this post
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 05:03 AM   #8099
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17037

We have a dedicated Photo section , you can start a thread in this section and fill it with as many photos as you want. This section is for discussion...and some photos here and there related to the conversation...
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 06:32 AM   #8100
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3604

If you guys like you can Merge this thread here that I created not forcing >> http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1909909
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways