daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #1781
Aenelia

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnzlnho View Post
Where can I find an A380 route map?
Here http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A380
Just scroll down until you see a lot of flags :p
Aenelia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1782
seven13

Likes (Received): 68

Wasn't a part of sex and the city 2 shot in an Emirates A380??
seven13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #1783
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 51942

Lego version agian
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1784
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by derUlukai View Post
how much more do they need to reach the break-even-point for this project?
Airbus won't say how many they need to sell but they are saying they think they will break even by 2015.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #1785
Aenelia

Likes (Received): 24

Which Legoland is this ? Doesn't look like Billund and Windsor that I visited. I guess it's the one in Germany ?
Aenelia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #1786
Kintoy
BAND

Likes (Received): 2231

at JFK

passed by my window, last May 26

Old June 10th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #1787
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Old June 11th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #1788
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

Great pictures!!
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1789
thun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenelia View Post
Which Legoland is this ? Doesn't look like Billund and Windsor that I visited. I guess it's the one in Germany ?
Definitely the German one in Günzburg. You can see that the airport buildings look like Munich airport (Munich Airport Center to the right). And there's Neuschwanstein in the background.
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1790
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18138

Wow .. even more A380s for Emirates.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1791
kjoseph717

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Wow .. even more A380s for Emirates.
As an airline enthusiast this disgusts me; I mean, Emirates has stated that they would prefer to have a larger capicity A380-900, and if that is the case, why are they on the current A380????? Its just laughable what oil money will get you these days. 10 years down the line, senior management will be -ing themselves in the head because of the other International carriers, namely, the ones that acted more 'conservatively' in this volatile market. between the A380's in development, the larger capacity -900 will probably be more cost effective for an airline like Emirates. Right now, I feel they're just too stuck in the limelight to realize the future. And its a real shame. (I wouldn't predict that the airline will ever go under or anything, and you can't beat the world class service, but as an AIRLINE first and foremost, they should be more mindful of what technology can produce, and the time it will take, both Airbus and Boeing, in producing it.)
kjoseph717 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #1792
Haljackey

Likes (Received): 107

Just look at Pan-Am. They blew all their money on the first 747 models. Emirates is blowing all their money on the first A380 models...
Haljackey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #1793
seven13

Likes (Received): 68

history repeating itself perhaps?
seven13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #1794
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Air France To Fly 'Superjumbo' From Paris To London
by Eleanor Beardsley

June 11, 2010 Air France will begin using the world's largest passenger plane for a very short hop, starting Saturday. The flight between Paris and London takes 25 minutes. Critics say the plan does not make economic or environmental sense.

DEBORAH AMOS, host:

Starting tomorrow, Air France will begin using the world's largest passenger plane for a very short hop. That would be the Double Decker A380 for the flight between Paris and London. Critics say it doesn't make economic or environmental sense, but that hasn't slowed ticket sales.

NPR's Eleanor Beardsley reports

ELEANOR BEARDSLEY: The idea of using the world's largest and most luxurious passenger plane for the 25 minute flight across the English Channel sounds a little strange at first, but in fact, there is a strategy behind it. Air France has three jumbo A380's which service Johannesburg and New York, daily. Usually the J-Burg flight arrives in Paris at six in the morning and doesn't fly back to South Africa again until nearly midnight. That's a lot of time to sit on the tarmac, says Air France official Henri Hourcade.

Mr. HENRI HOURCADE (Director, general manager Great Britain & Ireland, Air France): For us it's a great opportunity to use this plane during the day on one of the busiest routes in Europe - between Paris and London - during the summer period where we have a very high demand.

BEARDSLEY: So from now through the end of August, passengers can pay less than $100 for a roundtrip fare between the two capitals. That's good for budget tourists and aviation enthusiasts eager to try out the new A380, which seats more than 500 passengers. Air France sold an unheard of 6,000 tickets during the first six days of sales, says Hourcade.

To answer environmental critics, Air France says the aircraft will consume no more fuel than the standard A320's that it usually fly the route, but it will emit more CO2 than the Eurostar train.

For NPR News, I'm Eleanor Beardsley in Paris.
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #1795
Camaway
Rimini expat

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis-Bangkok View Post
Air France To Fly 'Superjumbo' From Paris To London
by Eleanor Beardsley

June 11, 2010 Air France will begin using the world's largest passenger plane for a very short hop, starting Saturday. The flight between Paris and London takes 25 minutes. Critics say the plan does not make economic or environmental sense.

DEBORAH AMOS, host:

Starting tomorrow, Air France will begin using the world's largest passenger plane for a very short hop. That would be the Double Decker A380 for the flight between Paris and London. Critics say it doesn't make economic or environmental sense, but that hasn't slowed ticket sales.

NPR's Eleanor Beardsley reports

ELEANOR BEARDSLEY: The idea of using the world's largest and most luxurious passenger plane for the 25 minute flight across the English Channel sounds a little strange at first, but in fact, there is a strategy behind it. Air France has three jumbo A380's which service Johannesburg and New York, daily. Usually the J-Burg flight arrives in Paris at six in the morning and doesn't fly back to South Africa again until nearly midnight. That's a lot of time to sit on the tarmac, says Air France official Henri Hourcade.

Mr. HENRI HOURCADE (Director, general manager Great Britain & Ireland, Air France): For us it's a great opportunity to use this plane during the day on one of the busiest routes in Europe - between Paris and London - during the summer period where we have a very high demand.

BEARDSLEY: So from now through the end of August, passengers can pay less than $100 for a roundtrip fare between the two capitals. That's good for budget tourists and aviation enthusiasts eager to try out the new A380, which seats more than 500 passengers. Air France sold an unheard of 6,000 tickets during the first six days of sales, says Hourcade.

To answer environmental critics, Air France says the aircraft will consume no more fuel than the standard A320's that it usually fly the route, but it will emit more CO2 than the Eurostar train.

For NPR News, I'm Eleanor Beardsley in Paris.
Really cool idea! Well done Air France.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #1796
koresh

Likes (Received): 1365

Singapore Airlines

9V-SKA

9V-SKB

9V-SKC

9V-SKD

9V-SKE

9V-SKF

9V-SKG

9V-SKH

9V-SKI
koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1797
UAE_isthebest

Likes (Received): 38

There are rumors about the A380 and maybe the 787 and 747-8 are visiting AMS Schiphol Airport next month as a stop before flying to Farnborough airshow !!!
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1798
harsh1802
MAVerick

Likes (Received): 102

Grt snaps Koresh!

Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #1799
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4958

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoseph717 View Post
As an airline enthusiast this disgusts me; I mean, Emirates has stated that they would prefer to have a larger capicity A380-900, and if that is the case, why are they on the current A380????? Its just laughable what oil money will get you these days. 10 years down the line, senior management will be -ing themselves in the head because of the other International carriers, namely, the ones that acted more 'conservatively' in this volatile market. between the A380's in development, the larger capacity -900 will probably be more cost effective for an airline like Emirates. Right now, I feel they're just too stuck in the limelight to realize the future. And its a real shame. (I wouldn't predict that the airline will ever go under or anything, and you can't beat the world class service, but as an AIRLINE first and foremost, they should be more mindful of what technology can produce, and the time it will take, both Airbus and Boeing, in producing it.)
Emirates will clean every European carrier's clocks while Europeans spend time on stupid environmental NIMBY crap like no third runway for LHR and taxing their already struggling-against-EK airlines with Carbon tax. Serves these green hippies well. I hate EK and don't even fly the airline but I love how Europeans pee their pants (go to airliners.net) everytime EK orders a bunch of planes. And oh, Dubai doesn't have any oil, EK isn't funded by oil money and no, they don't get cheap/free fuel.
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #1800
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3988076...90369/sizes/l/

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways