daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #1841
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Likes (Received): 124

Wow! 4 year old news...

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #1842
KB

Likes (Received): 6845

Airbus delivers tenth A380 in 2010
16 July 2010

Airbus has delivered Singapore Airlines’ 11th A380 and Lufthansa’s second A380 on Friday 16th July, taking the A380 in-service fleet to 33 aircraft. These deliveries bring the year’s A380 deliveries by mid-July to 10 putting Airbus well on track to meet its full year’s target of at least 20.

The other A380 operators are Emirates Airline which has a fleet of 11, Air France with a fleet of three and Qantas with a fleet of six. Together the five A380 operators serve 18 major cities worldwide every day. The 31 A380s in service to date have clocked up 156,000 revenue flight hours in some 17,000 commercial flights and transported over six million passengers to 20 major international destinations worldwide in unequalled comfort.

The “A380 effect”

Airbus’ analysis of traffic data on various routes before and after the introduction of the A380 explains why operators are so enthusiastic about their A380 fleets. Namely there are demonstrated benefits such as higher average load factors and a visible market share shift in favour of the A380. This “A380 effect” is the combined result of the huge popularity of the A380 with the travelling public and the reduction in fuel-burn and other operating costs which lead to superior profitability for A380 operators.

Airbus has received to date 234 orders for the A380 from 17 customers.

Airbus.com

So currently, there are 33 airbuses in service comprising of
- Emirates 11
- Singapore 11
- Qantas 6
- Air France 3
- Lufthansa 2
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #1843
archnyer
Architecture Afficionado

Likes (Received): 3

I hope Cathay dont use em. Coz I wont be flying no ScAirBus.

I prefer a plane where the pilot has command authority at all times.
archnyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #1844
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Then fly a Cessna

I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:49 AM   #1845
daloso

Likes (Received): 562

has any US airline order an A380?Or not a Chance?
daloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #1846
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1641

FARNBOROUGH, United Kingdom : The Farnborough International Airshow kicks off Monday with Boeing and Airbus hopeful of securing big orders for their planes in the face of rising competition.

One of aviation's biggest trade shows is renowned for being an arena for major deal announcements and this year's event is set to follow suit, as airlines in Asia and the Middle East seek to meet growing travel demands.

Dubai's Emirates airline will on Monday announce it is ordering more than 30 Boeing long-range 777 jets, only a month after it ordered 32 A380 superjumbo jetliners from Airbus in a record deal, The Wall Street Journal reported.

"I think what you're going to find this week is that both Airbus and the Boeing company will be announcing quite a number of orders," the chief executive of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Jim Albaugh, said on Sunday.

Albaugh was meanwhile mindful of the increased competition facing US aerospace giant Boeing and its European rival Airbus, particularly for their smallest civilian planes.

"There has been a duopoly here for a number of years," Albaugh told reporters on the eve of the Farnborough show.

"We know that's changing, certainly in the single-aisle market place. You've got (plane manufacturers) Comac in China, Embraer in Brazil, Bombardier in Canada, Mitsubishi in Japan and you may have somebody from Russia.

"Our assumption is that they will be successful in developing airplanes. The first airplane might not be a great one but by the time they do their second and third one they'll probably have very competitive airplanes in the market.

"I think competition makes you better. Again what we're trying to do is to make sure that we have the best value offer in every market that we are in," he added.

Boeing has hung its future on its mid-sized 787 Dreamliner -- a fuel-efficient jet which will be on display in Farnborough after making its first flight outside of the United States on Sunday.

The plane, which can fly long distances and seat up to 330 passengers, has been beset by production delays. Albaugh on Sunday said Boeing hoped to deliver the first Dreamliner to launch client All Nippon Airways no later than January.

Airbus is working on a new long-haul plane of its own -- the A350 XWB (Extra Wide Body). Another big project for Airbus is its long-delayed A400M military transport plane, which is set to make a flypast at Farnborough.

The Farnborough show also traditionally sees the announcement of orders for military jets but with governments set to slash their defence budgets to help reduce huge public deficits, major deals may be scarce.

- AFP/vm
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #1847
Bart_LCY
Arae et foci

Likes (Received): 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by archnyer View Post

Can somebody ban this troll?
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #1848
archnyer
Architecture Afficionado

Likes (Received): 3

So ScAirbus has command authority at all times?

Not the last time I checked.
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #1849
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Likes (Received): 124

What the point of your posts in this thread? Just trolling?
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #1850
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Quote:

Grow up, you are just getting boring now. Yes airbus's flight envolope protection system is not overridable but as we have explained to you it only applies fully in normal law and since the vast majority (read almost all) of plane crashes are directly casued by the human pilots making mistakes so it is quite clear that some form of protection is nessecary.You just keep on repeating the same crap 'airbus is unsafe' like you have been programmed by boeings pr department. And before anyone asks, i am not an airbus fan, but i am a fan of the truth.

I have reported you for trolling.

Last edited by future.architect; July 28th, 2010 at 01:09 AM.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #1851
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:

And I prefer a member of this forum that does not say that kind of things.
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #1852
julesstoop

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:

If you can't have a normal conversation, nor are able to use sane arguments and style when you disagree with someone or something, please stay away from this forum. Better yet: stay away from any social media.
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:01 PM   #1853
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 52017

image hosted on flickr

If there's one thing in aviation that remains constant, no matter what side of the Atlantic (or Pacific) you find yourself on, spotters love the chance to peek between cracked hangar doors. In Toulouse, the Korean Air's first A380 (MSN035) was spotted in one of the final assembly hangars. The South Korean carrier is quickly stocking up on jumbos and superjumbos as this photo was snapped just a few says after the first (and second) Korean Air Cargo 747-8F made its flight line debut in Everett. See the complete A380 photo.

Last edited by Oasis-Bangkok; August 1st, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM   #1854
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4259

^
nice

That first pic is from Hamburg assembly plant right.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:37 AM   #1855
cmoonflyer
Mainland Sea & Sky

Likes (Received): 73

Emirates Airlines launch first A380 service in China

Emirates Airlines' A380 passenger plane of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) arrives at Capital International Airport in Beijing, capital of China, on Aug. 1, 2010. Emirates Airlines launched its first A380 service in China, flight EK306/307 between Dubai and Beijing on Sunday.

We looked at mountains until dawn, and then when dawn came, it was too pretty for me - there was pink and blue and gold, in the sky, and on icy places, brilliant pink and gold flashes, and the snow was colored too, and I said," Oh," and sighed; and each moment was more beautiful than the one before; and I said, " I love you, Momma." Then I fell asleep in her arms.
That was happiness then.

- Harold Brodkey
cmoonflyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #1856
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 918

FRA - NRT - FRA on A380

a couple of pics from my first A380 trip

1. before departure in frankfurt: the flight was completely booked out.
there was not a single seat free, even the jump seats were taken.
there was even a german tv crew making a documentary on board
which will be aired on german tv this month.
I took a couple of pics on board, but I won't post them here yet.

2. I was looking to get out of the airport as quickly as possible,
so I didn't take pictures of a singapore airlines A380 which arrived minutes
after lufthansa's A380 and parked right next to it.
but I had the chance to see both planes together again, when I was leaving tokyo.
both A380s look huge compared to the small ANA plane.

3. the singapore airlines gate was closed so I couldn't get a good view of the plane.

4. the access to the lufthansa A380 was better though. it was parked right next to the singapore airlines A380.

5. I was amazed how many people were taking pictures of the plane.
I had the feeling there were hundreds of people taking pics and talking about the plane.
I heard some people deliberatly changed their travel plans to take the A380.
the plane back to frankfurt was again completely booked out.

6. the flight was great. I've never been on a plane that quiet.
after arriving in frankfurt I took this pic of the good old B747
and the new A380 standing next to each other.
although I'm a fan of the A380 I hope the B747 will still fly around for years to come.

Last edited by HD; August 5th, 2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: missing link
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #1857
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Likes (Received): 45

Really interesting.

Thanks a lot, it's amazing.

I am really looking forward to living the same experience

Once more: thanks
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #1858
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Lufthansa wants more Airbus A380s

Quote:
Dr Karsten Benz, Lufthansa vice president sales and services Europe, said: “This is a very reliable aircraft that fulfils all our expectations and passengers are very happy.”

He said the A380 had already made such an impression that passengers were timing their journeys to coincide with its schedule.

“We have waiting lists for passengers who want to travel to Japan and now the bigger A380 gives us the opportunity to fly them there.

“This does not operate every day on the Tokyo route, but there are so many customers asking when the plane operates: ‘Is it the time I want, or the other way round, and if so I will change my timings’.”

Dr Benz explained that the routes flown by the A380 have been carefully selected.

“Tokyo is one of the strongest first- class markets in the world. Jo’burg is very strong for business and for economy in our winter period. Beijing, Tokyo and Jo’burg are the cream of destinations our network planners could make.”

He also revealed that the first A380 had entered service without the slightest problem: “Technically, it is operating at 100% – no problems in two months of operations.”

And Lufthansa director corporate communications Europe, Aage Dunhaupt, indicated that further orders will follow on the basis of the A380’s performance so far.

He said: “If the A380 works well, we will turn our 10 options into firm orders.”
Full article here
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #1859
Jay

Likes (Received): 1864

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
although I'm a fan of the A380 I hope the B747 will still fly around for years to come.

I'm pretty sure they are still making new ones no?
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #1860
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 918

almost all airlines are getting rid off their old 747, in favour of new boeing and airbus planes. today only cathay pacific, korean air, japan airlines, british airways and lufthansa have a significant number of 747s. the last 747-400 was produced in 2007. now they're producing the follower of the 747-400 (the 747-8i, or 748). however it was ordered only 32 times (20 for lufthansa, 5 for korean air and a couple private business jets). the competitor a380 was ordered 234 times, btw.

unless there won't be more orders for the 747-8I, there won't be many passenger jumbo jets flying around in 10 years

the freight version (747-8F) is more successful though (76 orders).
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
air france, airbus, airplane, changi airport, emirates, lufthansa, singapore airlines, suvarnabhumi airport, thai airways