daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > General Forums > Business, Economy and Infrastructure

Business, Economy and Infrastructure Our architecture, infrastructure, transport, economy and other related discussions

Old April 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Matthias Offodile

Likes (Received): 1086

Africa´s biggest social housing project u/c in Angola!!

AN ENTIRE NEW CITY FOR 200 000 PEOPLE including schools, malls, hospitals...

project was first initiated by China...but comapnies from Portugal, Brazil also participate and local Angolan companies, of course!

Quote:
Courtesy of Skytrax

signing of contracts between Angola´s Vice Finance Minister and Chinese counterparts

Angolan Team

Matthias Offodile no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 24th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Matthias Offodile

watch this

Build , build and build without looking back!!!

Old April 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Rabat with love 2
Rabat

Likes (Received): 242

very good project
but its not the biggest social housing project in africa
Rabat with love 2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Matthias Offodile

Rabat with Love, if you read this you will see the scale of the project, then go and show me another African country that chruns out truly China-like projects in Africa...i was first sceptical but this is has kicked off and the are mving fast, no endless talky, talky...but hust full steam ahead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammelka
31-08-2008

Lançado projecto de habitação social do Kilamba Kiaxi

Luanda – A primeira fase do lançamento do projecto de Habitação Social do Kilamba Kiaxe, que prevê a construção de 710 edifícios para 160 mil pessoas, aconteceu hoje em Luanda.

O ministro angolano da Administração do Território, Virgilio de Fontes Pereira, representou o Presidente da República, José Eduardo dos Santos, neste evento, ocorrido na Comuna da Camama, Kilamba Kiaxe.

Os edifícios a ser erguidos numa área de oito quilómetros quadrados são cinco, nove e onze andares e perfazem 20 mil apartamentos.

Trata-se de um projecto que inclui centros comerciais, jardins-de-infância, escolas primárias e secundárias, uma área administrativa e outras para o lazer.

Estão contemplados no projecto, a instalação de serviços de bombeiros, esquadras de polícia, bombas de combustíveis, entre outros empreendimentos, numa área de implantação de 8,8 quilómetros quadrados.

Outros dados técnicos atinentes ao projecto, a que a Angop teve acesso, reportam a existência de instalação de avenidas principais,
secundárias e terciárias, com um cumprimento total de 429 quilómetros, “completamente arborizados, formando um corredor ecológico”.

O projecto social do Kilamba Kiaxe, que deverá ser concluído em 36 meses, terá um sistema independente de tratamento de água, de electricidade e de telecomunicações.

O contrato da primeira fase deste projecto foi celebrado a 14 de Novembro de 2007. Tem como responsável o Gabinete de Reconstrução Nacional (GRN) e a principal entidade pela sua execução é a multinacional chinesa, Sociedade Empreiteira
Internacional (CITIC).

Cerca de 500 mil habitantes poderão beneficiar deste projecto, quando forem concluídas as restantes duas fases posteriores.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #5
Rabat with love 2
Rabat

Likes (Received): 242

i dont understand portuguese , but just here in Morocco we have 3 new cities U/C for 300.000 habitants in each city , so more or less then 1 millions habitants and 3 other cities proposed, they will start building them later this year , and in algeria they have already built 700.000 house in the last 4 years .
Rabat with love 2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #6
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 2700

Good job Angola. Really proud of you guys. Thanks Matt, I want more of these things all over the continent.
BUTEMBO21 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Matthias Offodile

Quote:
i dont understand portuguese , but just here in Morocco we have 3 new cities U/C for 300.000 habitants in each city , so more or less then 1 millions habitants and 3 other cities proposed, they will start building them later this year , and in algeria they have already built 700.000 house in the last 4 years

There are 1 million new housing units u/c across Angola...and hopefully this is just the start!!!

Quote:
Good job Angola. Really proud of you guys. Thanks Matt, I want more of these things all over the continent.
Me, too!
Old April 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #8
Mister79

Likes (Received): 972

Nice quality homes in Angola...
Africa needs to build more social buildings.

It is good for the construction sector in Africa and good for the people..
Mister79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Mister79

Likes (Received): 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post

There are 1 million new housing units u/c across Angola...and hopefully this is just the start!!!

Me, too!

How much housing units is Angola building a year?
Mister79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #10
Matthias Offodile

Quote:
How much housing units is Angola building a year?
1 million in four years, have a peep into Angola section.
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 1962

That project looks absolutely huge! Good to see the construction of such housing given recent history in the country.

My Photo Tours: Singapore Dec 2013, Tokyo Dec 2013, New Zealand Dec 2013 and Jan 2014

YouTube Channel
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #12
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 935

The average price of those house is also very good. Just about 35.000$ to pay in 10 years!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #13
Whiteeclipse

Likes (Received): 350

Luanda - The first phase of the launch of the draft Social Housing Kilamba Kiaxi, which provides for the construction of 710 buildings to 160 thousand people, happened today in Luanda.

The Angolan Minister of Territorial Administration, Virgilio de Fontes Pereira, representing the President of the Republic, José Eduardo dos Santos, this event occurred in the Commune of Camama, Kilamba Kiaxi.

The buildings to be erected in an area of eight square kilometers are five, nine and eleven floors and make up 20 thousand apartments.

This is a project that includes shopping centers, gardens-of-childhood, primary and secondary schools, an administrative area and for leisure.

Are included in the project, the installation services of firefighters, police squads, fuel pumps, among other ventures, in a deployment area of 8.8 square kilometers.

Other technical data pertaining to the project, which Angop had access, reported the existence of installation of main avenues,
secondary and tertiary, with a total of 429 kilometers fulfilling, "fully wooded, forming an ecological corridor."

The project's social Kilamba Kiaxi, which should be completed in 36 months, have an independent water treatment plants, electricity and telecommunications.

The contract of the first phase of this project was signed on 14 November 2007. Its in the Office of National Reconstruction (GRN) and the main body for implementation is a Chinese multinational, Contractor Company
International (CITIC).

Around 500 thousand people could benefit from this project, when completed the remaining two phases.

It's China's world, we just live in it.
Whiteeclipse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #14
Matthias Offodile

Quote:
The average price of those house is also very good. Just about 35.000$ to pay in 10 years!
That´s reasonanable ...the more the build the more the prices will even go down

I do hope that they build like crazy in Angola something like Spain was doing the past twenty years (a hyper construction boom), after that poverty will decrease markedly and there will be nice urban developped cityscapes.

and the construction sector is one segament of economic diversification strategy. Agro-industries and tourism should also be made top priority.
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #15
tieusufu

Likes (Received): 0

Hi All
My name is Hai, from Viet Nam. I am the director of manpower company in Vietnam. Planning to come and searching for the big company in Angola, which may need construction workers and welder from Vietnam to work for their project in Angola
If any company interest and have request, please contact me haianh_99 yahoo.com
See you in Angola in July 2012
tieusufu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #16
kiligoland

Likes (Received): 5099

WOW i love Angola
kiligoland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #17
hsark
Afritect

Likes (Received): 111

good ideas , lets wait 5 years to see if it actually works but defiantly positive ....though i would be more interested in seeing the urban design framework and planning

[B]one nation , one zambia

大阪, ŌsakaJapan
hsark no está en línea   Reply With Quote