daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Cityscapes & Urban Development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:40 AM   #101
tanzirian

Likes (Received): 243

Hi all...some questions for those familiar with Sylhet. I am going to BD for about ten days this December. Me and the missus are thinking of getting out of Dhaka for a couple of days (2 days + 2 days travel). If we went to Sylhet, where would be the best place to stay (preferably outside Sylhet city)? Would it be better to stay up north, at some place like Nazimgahr, or are there good places around Sri Mangal? How long does it take to travel between the northern border and Sri Mangal / Madhabkunda? I know there are tea gardens around Sri Mangal but if one stayed in a place like Nazimgahr, are some around there to visit as well? Thanks much for any advice!
tanzirian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #102
manfrom

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzirian View Post
Hi all...some questions for those familiar with Sylhet. I am going to BD for about ten days this December. Me and the missus are thinking of getting out of Dhaka for a couple of days (2 days + 2 days travel). If we went to Sylhet, where would be the best place to stay (preferably outside Sylhet city)? Would it be better to stay up north, at some place like Nazimgahr, or are there good places around Sri Mangal? How long does it take to travel between the northern border and Sri Mangal / Madhabkunda? I know there are tea gardens around Sri Mangal but if one stayed in a place like Nazimgahr, are some around there to visit as well? Thanks much for any advice!
I've never stayed at these places (because I don't need to) but Theres a parjatan motel on the airport road, it's also near malnichura tea estate. Theres a place called zakariya (city) park in khadimnagor with motel & other facilities.
Theres a cottage scheme near srimongol (fotos on flickr) but there arent that many smart places in Srimongol itself. Theres a decent hotel in moulvibazar called western plaza. srimongol tea research institute is 30 min drive from moulvibazar. moulvibazar to madhobkondo is 1.5 hrs. jaflong from sylhet town takes 45 mins. moulbibazar to sylhet takes an hour or so via the fenchugonj road (its lot more serene & scenic then the sherpur road)
You can travel directly from madhobkuno bia beanibazar to sylhet town. Did it many years ago takes hour or so?
manfrom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #103
DonRuhel

Likes (Received): 2

Thames Tower, Goalabazar

Latest pic of Thames Tower, Goalabazar.

Last edited by DonRuhel; March 30th, 2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling error
DonRuhel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #104
manfrom

Is there any more space to build in Goalabazar? It's so congested with little lanes etc. I have relatives living to the east of the bazar etc. Land prices have made many paper 'kutifoti's'
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #105
DonRuhel

Goalabazar land prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrom View Post
Is there any more space to build in Goalabazar? It's so congested with little lanes etc. I have relatives living to the east of the bazar etc. Land prices have made many paper 'kutifoti's'
Manfrom, Prices are so out of control on Goalabazar, I think it's more expensive than Gulshan or Banani!! My family are from Brammom Gram in Goalabazar.
Old July 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #106
beer51

Likes (Received): 16

Here is the link to the website:

http://www.thamestowersylhet.com/home.aspx
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #107
manfrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRuhel View Post
Manfrom, Prices are so out of control on Goalabazar, I think it's more expensive than Gulshan or Banani!! My family are from Brammom Gram in Goalabazar.
My cousin's married to someone from ishobpur.
Do you know if an ex-chairman of goala bazar is a partner in thames tower/ abdal miah?
Old July 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #108
DonRuhel

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrom View Post
My cousin's married to someone from ishobpur.
Do you know if an ex-chairman of goala bazar is a partner in thames tower/ abdal miah?
The ex-chairman is Haroon Miah. I'm pretty sure Abdal Miah is in there aswell. It's mostly a Jamaat/Shibir project with other projects in Dayamir and Kurua.
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #109
DonRuhel

Dhaka-Sylhet Highway

The highway looks in pretty good condition. The photo is of Kurua Bazar, Osmaninogor thana.
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #110
British-Bangladeshi

Are there any renders for Thames Tower?
British-Bangladeshi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:41 AM   #111
Tanjim91

Dusai eco resort

When dusai eco resort of moulovibazar will be completed?I think moulovibazar will be a great tourist spot after completion of the resort.but govt should build an airport in moulovibazar and Sylhet-london-sylhet direct flights should be started as soon as possible.
Tanjim91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM   #112
mirzazeehan

Likes (Received): 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjim91 View Post
When dusai eco resort of moulovibazar will be completed?I think moulovibazar will be a great tourist spot after completion of the resort.but govt should build an airport in moulovibazar and Sylhet-london-sylhet direct flights should be started as soon as possible.
They planned to partially open Dusai resort by the end of this year
These days,I can finally go to sleep in peace.....for I know,that even when I am asleep,over 2 million workers are working on 15000 building projects including 750 skyscrapers so that I wake up to a new city every morning: Mirza from the changing city of Dhaka,Bangladesh
mirzazeehan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:56 PM   #113
DonRuhel

Jaflong

Pics from my recent visit to Jaflong near the Bangladesh/India border.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1132108...n/photostream/

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by DonRuhel; January 2nd, 2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:57 PM   #114
DonRuhel

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by DonRuhel; January 2nd, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: