daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #421
Mojeda101
IG: UrbanLosAngeles

Likes (Received): 1283

Time is running out. We need information on this. The demolition will be complete and we will still have no projection on what it will look like. I want a goddamn tower that's taller than the US bank tower that I can see progress on when I drive to and from work everyday. I am extremely jealous of those in NYC seeing MULTIPLE towers going up and we are still in the drawing board.

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #422
fooddude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
He mainly follows NYC projects, and mentions on every thread with a tall NYC building that they should make the building a mega tall, or atleast make it taller then the willis tower, he actually does this on every NYC thread . So I am guessing that his love of NYC, has made him hate competing cities like LA and CHI. By the way, mega tall is the new word the CTBUH uses for buildings over 600m
You're just nosey. You should mind your own business. I never judge your posts nor opinions, now do I?
fooddude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #423
Mojeda101
IG: UrbanLosAngeles

Likes (Received): 1283

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
You're just nosey. You should mind your own business. I never judge your posts nor opinions, now do I?
It doesn't matter if you did it or not. He's just stating a fact. You have yet to answer the 2+ questions asked. Elaborate on why LA is such a bad place to live. I've been to New York. It's a great place to visit, but not to live in if you ask me. LA is great because we have the best of everything. 30 minutes from the beach, mountains, and desert from downtown. New York doesn't have that. All it has is endless towers.
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #424
PinkFloyd
R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Likes (Received): 3454

Let's keep this on topic guys, others have been banned already for city vs city discussions.

Mojeda, I'm just as eager to hear more news about this project as the next person, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any for another couple months, with the exception of the demolition which hasn't even started yet.
PinkFloyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #425
I am he

Likes (Received): 5

Is the roof height on this 381m?? I hope it is not that cheating stick on top that gets it to 381...
I am he no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #426
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

According to SSP 381 meters is the height with the cheating stick. The roof height is only 349 or 350 meters
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #427
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Will there be an observation deck? LA needs one, let alone California
DTLA has two observation decks. On top of City Hall and the 32nd floor of the Boneventure Hotel. Both of which are free (the Bonneventure's observation deck is a revolving restaurant but they don't mind people going up and looking).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
LA sucks anyways. I hate living here.
Awesome. Get the **** out of LA. That solves that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
Time is running out. We need information on this. The demolition will be complete and we will still have no projection on what it will look like. I want a goddamn tower that's taller than the US bank tower that I can see progress on when I drive to and from work everyday. I am extremely jealous of those in NYC seeing MULTIPLE towers going up and we are still in the drawing board.
Time is running out? You say a lot of senseless things but c'mon now. Do you really think that destroying a building is a simple process? Especially a 60 year old hotel built during the times of lead paint and asbestos? Not to mention dismantling electrical wiring, finding places for furniture, not to mention stripping the interior for all 900 rooms. Plus the hotel sits on top of 2 subway lines (the 7th Street Metro Center is right across the street) as well as a fault line so this building is going to be a while.

And don't compare NYC to LA. 2 totally different cities with 2 totally different geographical and economical makeups. LA doesn't need hundreds of skyscrapers. It isn't designed for them. So take a vallum or something. Sheesh.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #428
fooddude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you did it or not. He's just stating a fact. You have yet to answer the 2+ questions asked. Elaborate on why LA is such a bad place to live. I've been to New York. It's a great place to visit, but not to live in if you ask me. LA is great because we have the best of everything. 30 minutes from the beach, mountains, and desert from downtown. New York doesn't have that. All it has is endless towers.
I was joking and being sarcastic when I said that, a bit immature, I admit. I thought it was funny, hehe ...I wasn't comparing anything to anything. When did I ever compare nyc to la??? Others are the ones that assumed I implied comparisons..never have I stated nyc in this thread.

Man..this place can be too sensitive sometimes. I am all for more supertalls n the westcoast. As far as "getting the **** out", I AM, soon!
fooddude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #429
PinkFloyd
R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup or man View Post
DTLA has two observation decks. On top of City Hall and the 32nd floor of the Boneventure Hotel. Both of which are free (the Bonneventure's observation deck is a revolving restaurant but they don't mind people going up and looking).
Would be awesome though to have one on the top floor of a supertall.
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #430
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

The view from City Hall isn't terrible.

I took these last year from my old cell phone.

Old May 13th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #431
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Yea well sometimes it gets so overwhelming because so much is going on, it's hard to keep track. The only one that really stands out here is One World Trade Center, other than that, there's going to be a "plateau" forming from all the near heighted buildings
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #432
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That's true. While NYC has its new 3rd tallest and 4th tallest under construction, they are only slightly taller than BoA, Chrysler or Citigroup Center (by roof of course), so yes, 1WTC is the only truly dominating building rising there atm, however 432 Park is reaching to being u/c now which will be even taller than 1WTC and 3WTC and 2WTC have their foundations finished
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #433
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5222

I didn't know this tower is gonna be so tall. Finally CA will gonna have a new super tall since the US Bank Tower.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #434
Simfan34
Complainer-in-Chief

Likes (Received): 2461

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
Not really. Whatever takes its place will look newer and better than literally everything surrounding it currently.
But when compared to the original proposal? Will it be tall enough?
Simfan34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #435
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
According to SSP 381 meters is the height with the cheating stick. The roof height is only 349 or 350 meters
That's not the final design, stop crying.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM   #436
LosAngelesSportsFan

Likes (Received): 858

Heres a great update

The hotel will be 70 stories (second tallest in LA in regards to Story count) and the hotel Lobby, a restaurant and bar and an INFINITY POOL will be on the top floor!

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,4329990.story

Demolition begins in summer
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:59 AM   #437
PinkFloyd
R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Heres a great update

The hotel will be 70 stories (second tallest in LA in regards to Story count) and the hotel Lobby, a restaurant and bar and an INFINITY POOL will be on the top floor!

Demolition begins in summer
"The skyscraper will be the second-tallest structure in Southern California at 70 stories, only slightly shorter than the US Bank Tower office building, said Yang Ho Cho, chairman of Korean Air."

That's a real bummer and I'm sure many will be disappointed, but it's still a huge tower that will do a lot for the area and drastically alter the skyline.
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM   #438
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
, a restaurant and bar and an INFINITY POOL will be on the top floor!

sick!
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:00 PM   #439
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
"The skyscraper will be the second-tallest structure in Southern California at 70 stories, only slightly shorter than the US Bank Tower office building, said Yang Ho Cho, chairman of Korean Air."

That's a real bummer and I'm sure many will be disappointed, but it's still a huge tower that will do a lot for the area and drastically alter the skyline.
Maybe they meant by floor count, so the roof of the building could still be taller than the US Bank
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:18 PM   #440
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

They said clearly it would be shorter, but I suppose there is that possibility, the old hotel was about 750 with 45 floors, so if they kept the floor heights this could be 1150-1200 feet...

if not, how stupid of them not to build LA's tallest building if it won't be, San Francisco will have a taller building soon.

But as long as it passes 300 meters it's ok I think

Last edited by Jay; May 21st, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dtla, korean air group, los angeles, south figueroa street, wilshire boulevard, wilshire grand center, wilshire grand tower