daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #581
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28145

recycling is always a good thing, but demolition will take a bit longer now.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #582
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2012rocha View Post
Boy it sucks just thinking it will only be second tallest but nice building though, hopefully we can someday have a taller one that will surpass the US bank, but US bank is my favorite building!
This building will only be the second tallest in terms of stories. For all intents and purposes, this building will be taller than the US Bank Tower in both roof height as well as the spire.

soup or man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #583
blackcat23

Likes (Received): 2972

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup or man View Post
This building will only be the second tallest in terms of stories. For all intents and purposes, this building will be taller than the US Bank Tower in both roof height as well as the spire.
This is an e-mail I received after inquiring about the height to the e-mail listed on the project's website:

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry. The project height is approved for 1,250 feet however, we anticipate that our building will be slightly lower than that height. As we progress with our design, we will be able to provide further information on the final height in the near future. We will keep you updated. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions.
Basically, we won't know for certain whether or not it's taller or shorter than Library Tower until they've finalized the design in the coming months.

blackcat23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #584
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

It's very nice of them that they answer mails of common people. If only more developers were so honorable
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #585
Kenni
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
Oh. Well then I accept your apology.
I didn't apologize.

Last edited by Kenni; October 25th, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Kenni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #586
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
Lol. Well the news sites keep saying "2nd tallest" but they only mention the floor count. The actual height in feet or meters hasn't been announced. There's still a chance that it could be the tallest, at least to the spire.
It is not the news sites, their own website says so

Quote:
This innovative project will be a completely new and unique experience in Los Angeles’ downtown.
When the doors open in 2017, the project will be one of the most advanced, sophisticated, sustainable
and unique buildings in Southern California.
- With a unique “sky lobby” offering unparalleled views of the city and a breathtaking infinity pool,
the building will rise 70 stories in the air as Los Angeles’ second tallest building.
- 900 state-of-the-art hotel rooms, which will be operated by a flagship luxury hotel brand, will set a
new standard for hospitality in Los Angeles.
- 400,000 square feet of Class ‘A’ office space will attract high-end business leaders and make the
building a global engine for business.
- 45,100 square feet of new restaurant and retail space housing world-class restaurants will make this
an epicurean delight and drive downtown’s food and cultural renaissance.
- Pedestrian friendly access to downtown, as well as local and regional transit connections, will make
the project a central and easily accessed location for visitors and Angelenos.
- Innovative outdoor space and exterior plazas will invite guests and visitors to experience the true
Los Angeles lifestyle and climate.

http://wilshiregrandcenter.com/assets/factsheet.pdf

CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #587
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

That spire is definitely higher than USBT

I can't imagine that they wouldn't break the height limit.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #588
PinkFloyd
R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Likes (Received): 3454

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
It is not the news sites, their own website says so

http://wilshiregrandcenter.com/assets/factsheet.pdf
Well yeah. But even they don't mention how tall this will be. If their email response to blackcat is any indication, they haven't determined the height yet because they're still working on the design. Calling it "second tallest" for now seems like the safe thing to do...

PinkFloyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #589
jess2012rocha

Likes (Received): 2

Go to Los Angeles skyscraper diagram, you'll see how big it is! Very disappointed is only scond tallest and by the way it looks of the new designed not iconic at all it saddens me these fools could've done better on the height at least. Sorry it just my opinion folks!
jess2012rocha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #590
112597Jorge

Likes (Received): 200

will you all stop worring, this tower will be the tallest, even to the crown it will be taller than the USBT, now to the spire, it will dwarf the USBT.

112597Jorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #591
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112597Jorge View Post
will you all stop worring, this tower will be the tallest, even to the crown it will be taller than the USBT, now to the spire, it will dwarf the USBT.

Hahaha Dwarf USBT?? The Sears Tower or the WTC dwarfs USBT, a building that size is needed to actually really "dwarf" a 1000 footer... this building will be barely taller if at all than USBT
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #592
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2012rocha View Post
Go to Los Angeles skyscraper diagram, you'll see how big it is! Very disappointed is only scond tallest and by the way it looks of the new designed not iconic at all it saddens me these fools could've done better on the height at least. Sorry it just my opinion folks!

That Diagram is horrifically inaccurate, the roof will be higher than where that spire is (on the diagram) that's already been confirmed
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #593
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Over on SSP they're saying that the building will be second tallest as the building owner does not want it to 'become a terrorist target.'

Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #594
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Oh, such cowardice makes me boil with with pure anger. Such cowards should be in jail for treason America needs pride and courage, not frightened chicken like that weakling
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #595
PinkFloyd
R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Likes (Received): 3454

Demolition Ceremony

More photos at AC Martin's Facebook

PinkFloyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #596
112597Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Hahaha Dwarf USBT?? The Sears Tower or the WTC dwarfs USBT, a building that size is needed to actually really "dwarf" a 1000 footer... this building will be barely taller if at all than USBT
its called figurative language, i meant dwarf figuratively, meaning to say that the wilshire grand will surpass USBT by approx. 60 - 70 meters

Old October 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #597
jess2012rocha

Likes (Received): 2

I'm disappointed on the whole stupid project it like a nightmare come true, it like a project gone wrong or someone doing a last minute drawing and just toss it out and build it for L.A.. Sorry just wanted a super tall freaking building go up for once for down town!!
jess2012rocha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #598
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112597Jorge View Post
its called figurative language, i meant dwarf figuratively, meaning to say that the wilshire grand will surpass USBT by approx. 60 - 70 meters

If you say this building will "dwarf" the library tower it implies that it's hundreds of feet higher, it will not be, from the renderings it doesn't even dwarf the AON center.

I know this was posted already but just a reminder that it probably will be the tallest

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry. The project height is approved for 1,250 feet however, we anticipate that our building will be slightly lower than that height. As we progress with our design, we will be able to provide further information on the final height in the near future. We will keep you updated. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #599
112597Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If you say this building will "dwarf" the library tower it implies that it's hundreds of feet higher, it will not be, from the renderings it doesn't even dwarf the AON center.

I know this was posted already but just a reminder that it probably will be the tallest
whatever, my bad, wrong wording, the thing is that this building will be the tallest, i actually do think that to the crown it can easily reach 1,100 feet.

Old October 27th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #600
112597Jorge

Do you guys really believe that the developer wont make it the tallest because of his fear of terrorist attacks?

I think that is just funny, what do you think?

Tags
dtla, korean air group, los angeles, south figueroa street, wilshire boulevard, wilshire grand center, wilshire grand tower