daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

TALLINN | Sitsi Tower | 210m | 60 fl | App

Sitsi Tower

Project Summary:

Height: 210m (Roof)
Floors: +/- 60
Architect: KOKO Architects
Developer: Tolaram Group (Singapore)

Article

Plans For Tallinns Tallest Finally Get Going

These are the tentative first steps for the new "Sitsi" highrise building masterplanned by KOKO architects for a site in Tallinn, Estonia, for Singapore-based developer the Tolaram Group.

Although the scheme has been talked about for years as a long-term aspiration it is only now that the city council is finally acting and the design for the skyscraper has been scoped out to be about 210 metres in height with about 60 storeys.

Putting this in perspective, that's twice the height of the current highest building in Tallinn, the Tornimäe apartments. As well as being double the height of the tallest the scheme will also stand out due to the fact it's sited in the Sitsi district, an area away from the Maakri district of the city centre meaning the skyscraper will literally stand alone.

This suits the city planning authorities as they are looking at getting a very tall building built using the same logic as the thinking behind One Canada Square in London - the construction of such a project marks what they hope will be a new leading urban quarter.

The next step of the scheme will be a competition to solicit entries from some of the leading architecture practices in the world who will have to come up with a skyscraper that has ground floor retail and apartments above. There's no word yet on the actual entrants.

Source

[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Dominikk

Likes (Received): 0

It doesn't look very... original. It looks very simple, but it's nice to see a new project for the Baltics.
Dominikk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #3
Middle-Island

Likes (Received): 3184

It seems fairly sleek and modern, although this rendering is rather basic as of yet. Maybe they could stand a few regular buildings. Some of the futuristic designs in the Baltic are pretty out there.
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Zollern

Likes (Received): 15

It pays to read the small print. From the opening post:
Quote:
The next step of the scheme will be a competition to solicit entries from some of the leading architecture practices in the world who will have to come up with a skyscraper that has ground floor retail and apartments above.
In other words, what is shown in the model is a place-holder.
Zollern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Jarmo K
3:36

Likes (Received): 232

this render here only shows the detailed planning of the area which was done by koko architects ( www.koko.ee ) - it will take a very long time before we get some more exact news about the planned tower.
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #6
Ni3lS

It's exciting though. Weird that none of you guys didn't open a thread about this, because it's going to be a real landmark for Tallinn. It's not a huge city.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old May 10th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #7
Jarmo K

why would we open a thread for a hypothetical skyscraper for which not even a competition has been announced?

as of now it's just an approved detailed planning which only potentially allows a building 200 meters tall.

the thread will probably sink into the abyss of this subsection and will stay there for a couple of years until we get more specific news about the project... (:
Old May 11th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #8
Ni3lS

Yea it probably will. But I think it's good that there is a thread already.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #9
Jarmo K

i rrrrreeeaaaaaalllly hope the developer chooses to organize an open competition insead of commissioning some starchitect...

btw, the developer contacted jean nouvel but was scared off by nouvel's crazy demands (an airplane to be sent after him, a luxury hotel to be booked etc) just to come and SEE the site

(not that i don't like nouvel's stuff - i do, but in this case i would prefer if the young and talented estonian architects also had a chance to compete...)
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #10
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

I like it. It's stylelish.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #11
Jarmo K

^ ffs, you havent read a word in this thread...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM   #12
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

Very simple shape but very nice !

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #13
Ni3lS

Jarmo K, can you find anymore renderings please? I can't find other renderings..
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #14
gradonačelnik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Hello Tallinn, greetings from Split, Croatia.
It's very nice to see that Estonia will get some building like that one. Looks so nice an d beautiful.
Have to admit looks like many asian scrapers from 70s but from somewhere we have to start.
gradonačelnik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #15
Jarmo K

^ can you read or not? (:

get this straight everybody: this is NOT the tower, this is just the approved detailed planning.

there's just an IDEA of a tower, there's no architect, no renderings, no nothing. will probably be like that for a couple of years.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:32 AM   #16
Tin_Can

Lol,I might aswell resurrect this thread.

Sitsi highrise is moving on with small steps - 60-storey highrise in Tallinn,Kopli area got positive feedback from city officials and area detail planning was approved in march 2010. Area planning would allow construction of one 60-storey,five 9-storey and four 2- to 4-storey buildings. Also it would mean renovation of historic Balti Manufaktuur industrial buildings.

and it get's better - for 60-storey skyscraper,developer must have international design competition,plus highrise must be design slim (slim highrise = looks even more higher )

Links to news about it (both in Estonian) > http://www.epl.ee/artikkel/493390
>http://www.ehitusuudised.net/Default...2cd183&ref=rss

and just to make things clear - international competition for Sitsi highrise is yet to be held. Render shown here,is only highrise height/location marker.
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM   #17
crapzoid

Likes (Received): 10

Whatever the design looks like, it's great that such a city the size of Tallinn can have it's own 200+ metre skyscraper. Will be interesting to see the victorious design.

I'm somewhat jealous.
crapzoid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #18
serhat

Likes (Received): 3365

nice tallest baltic skyscraper project
serhat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM   #19
rmorrison100

Likes (Received): 0

Any updates with this project?
werner mt22 ladder | Waste King

Last edited by rmorrison100; June 25th, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
rmorrison100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #20
Dylan Leblanc
Skyscraper Overlord

Likes (Received): 51

This project is located far away from other highrises in the city.

Map location - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/map...=24.7055912018

Tags
estonia, tallinn