daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2015, 05:24 PM   #2021
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18133

QF was desperate to turn around its loss-making international division, which forced them to get into bed with their biggest competitor. Unless BA wants to stop flying to Australia altogether with their aircraft and only stop in Dubai / Doha, why need to partner with EK/QR?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:36 PM   #2022
alb92

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Unless BA wants to stop flying to Australia altogether with their aircraft and only stop in Dubai / Doha, why need to partner with EK/QR?
Well, firstly QR have bought a large share of IAG, so a partnership of some sort will happen.

And secondly, I see it as a potential win-win. QR are restricted to 14 weekly flights to Australia, which they already utilize. This could be an opportunity for BA to add a huge amount of potential transfer passengers that QR simply cannot cater for, as much as they would love to.

If QR propose this sort of arrangement, it would be silly for BA not to study the possibility, which doesn't necessarily have to be a removal of the SIN-SYD flight, but potentially expansion.
alb92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #2023
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18133

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb92 View Post
Well, firstly QR have bought a large share of IAG, so a partnership of some sort will happen.

And secondly, I see it as a potential win-win. QR are restricted to 14 weekly flights to Australia, which they already utilize. This could be an opportunity for BA to add a huge amount of potential transfer passengers that QR simply cannot cater for, as much as they would love to.

If QR propose this sort of arrangement, it would be silly for BA not to study the possibility, which doesn't necessarily have to be a removal of the SIN-SYD flight, but potentially expansion.
10% is hardly large and not enough to sway board decisions. Besides, BA and QR are already in the same oneworld alliance.

Isn't BA subject to UK-Australia flight caps as well? If British carriers haven't maximized their quota, why not just funnel them through London rather than Doha? BA has a huge European network to do so and earn revenue on the entire journey, rather than just Doha - Australia.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:43 PM   #2024
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Don't see much happening here, basically Qatar like investing in London, or British companies, and assets. What's really in it for BA if they fly to Doha???

Let's not forget it's just not BA, but we also have Iberia, and Aer Lingus in the IAG group.

EK have access to 100 flights into Australia if I remember correctly, and they haven't used up all they're potential slots yet. Even though Qantas is part of OW I cant see them going in Qatar's favor over night, unless Qatar are thinking long term strategy when the Emirates Qantas deals ends in eight years, hmmm.

EY have Virgin in Australia also so it's not going to be easy for Qatar.

Come to mind whats to say Qatar wouldn't flip the bill for that new visionary mega airport west of London on the water/sea/ocean, sorry forgot the name. Now that would be something, and very much achievable cause they do have the money.
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:10 AM   #2025
chuboy

Likes (Received): 89

EY and EK have ties with VA and QF respectively, the availability of domestic connections and tie-ins with local frequent flyer programs will really limit any impact QR/BA would have on the traffic mix.
chuboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 11:36 PM   #2026
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Kuwait Airways A340-300 climbs out of KUL

firoz bharmal liked this post
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:05 AM   #2027
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

A350
[IMG]http://i58.************/2w4jrqe.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qatar...8719cb1d3cb648

Vs

B787
[IMG]http://i59.************/2ivftc0.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Etiha...8719cb1d3cb648

firoz bharmal, patel2897 liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 06:30 AM   #2028
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

If I were to fly EK or EY from YYZ to UAE, which airline would offer better service in coach class? I am leaning towards EY. They brough JU, and brought hope and very bright future.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #2029
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
If I were to fly EK or EY from YYZ to UAE, which airline would offer better service in coach class? I am leaning towards EY. They brough JU, and brought hope and very bright future.
EK. EY generally has a better service, but on the YYZ route, EY puts their B77W with the uncomfortable 3-4-3 seating layout, whilst EK puts the much more comfortable A380.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 07:56 PM   #2030
EmiratesAirline380

All episodes of Ultimate Airport Dubai season 2 are on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9w...DYnxdMg/videos

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

ScuderiaVincero liked this post
Old February 17th, 2015, 02:36 AM   #2031
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
EK. EY generally has a better service, but on the YYZ route, EY puts their B77W with the uncomfortable 3-4-3 seating layout, whilst EK puts the much more comfortable A380.
Thanks. I sincerely appreciate it.
Old February 17th, 2015, 06:35 AM   #2032
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Kad si u Dubaju nazovi i imas gdje biti kod mene.
Old February 17th, 2015, 09:18 AM   #2033
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

Here's something new...

Emirates will convert its Dubai-New York (JFK) via Milan (Malpensa) service from a B777-300ER to an A380, meaning that all Dubai-New York services will be operated with the Superjumbo aircraft. It will start on 1 June 2015, and the flight currently being operated with the A380 on the Dubai-Milan sector of the journey (EK091/092) will see the B777-300ER operating instead. Overall A380 operation to Milan will remain once daily.

Schedule:

EK205 DXB0945 1420MXP1610 1900JFK 388 D
EK206 JFK2220 1215+1MXP1405+1 2210+1DXB 388 D

Source

San Carlos San Bruno San Mateo Saint Helena Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 09:44 AM   #2034
noir-dresses
bling bling

Now that should knock the teeth out of the competition. Going from a possible shelving of the route through the Italian courts to up gauging to the SJ.
Old February 17th, 2015, 09:23 PM   #2035
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

flydubai expands into Iran with 5 new destinations starting March
http://www.flydubai.com/en/news/arti...anian-network/
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #2036
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3597

Etihad FB Page :- This week we started flying to Kolkata, marking our 11th destination in India!

Who would you like to visit Kolkata with?

‪#‎EtihadInKolkata‬ ‪#‎AvGeek‬
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 04:36 AM   #2037
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Here's something new...

Emirates will convert its Dubai-New York (JFK) via Milan (Malpensa) service from a B777-300ER to an A380, meaning that all Dubai-New York services will be operated with the Superjumbo aircraft. It will start on 1 June 2015, and the flight currently being operated with the A380 on the Dubai-Milan sector of the journey (EK091/092) will see the B777-300ER operating instead. Overall A380 operation to Milan will remain once daily.

Schedule:

EK205 DXB0945 1420MXP1610 1900JFK 388 D
EK206 JFK2220 1215+1MXP1405+1 2210+1DXB 388 D

Source
Wow, that's really going to make Delta angry! They already hate the ME3 and EK especially. I do question EK's motives behind the up gauge. Considering the timing of this announcement, I feel like its mainly to get back at the US carriers complaining about the ME3 being unfair subsidized competition. Although if I'm being honest, if I were in charge of a European or American airline, I'd complain about the ME3 as well. Maybe not EK, but QR and EY are clearly subsidized airlines with big losses.

I think EK is going to announce more Europe to USA routes soon, wherever they are allowed.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old February 18th, 2015, 08:06 AM   #2038
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
Wow, that's really going to make Delta angry! They already hate the ME3 and EK especially. I do question EK's motives behind the up gauge. Considering the timing of this announcement, I feel like its mainly to get back at the US carriers complaining about the ME3 being unfair subsidized competition. Although if I'm being honest, if I were in charge of a European or American airline, I'd complain about the ME3 as well. Maybe not EK, but QR and EY are clearly subsidized airlines with big losses.

I think EK is going to announce more Europe to USA routes soon, wherever they are allowed.
Hahahaha

I flew NCE-YYZ via JFK on DL. I was bussed in some half century old terminal. My connection to YYZ was moved three times. Typical commie style method when they keep going from 6pm to 7pm, and all the way to the midnight. It is a joke in its best. At the end, they brought some CRJ200 without AC.
Old February 18th, 2015, 08:40 AM   #2039
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Hahahaha

I flew NCE-YYZ via JFK on DL. I was bussed in some half century old terminal. My connection to YYZ was moved three times. Typical commie style method when they keep going from 6pm to 7pm, and all the way to the midnight. It is a joke in its best. At the end, they brought some CRJ200 without AC.
Yes, US airlines are terrible. Although Delta has improved their long haul experience recently, but its still far behind the quality of service that the ME3 offer in all classes.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old February 18th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #2040
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

Qatar expands South Africa with launch of Durban and increased frequencies to JNB and CPT!
http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e..._durban_launch
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae