daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation ğ Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2016, 04:03 AM   #2441
Love_Alisa
Ecce Ancilla Domini

Likes (Received): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polman View Post
Strange actually, not even deploying their biggest asset (because they can't because of runway restrictions at CGK) but even then manageing to underperform on a route which should see lots of growth giving the economic and geographic figures of Indonesia, plus the loss of FRA and (daily) CDG routes from CGK (even while CGK has seen declines over the past years, other Indonesian airports are growing not without reason). However, no wonder at the other side, as (the imho even better) GA is now going to LHR as well 5 times a week. I doubt why it would be so seasonal however as EK serves DPS apart from CGK.
Jakarta is also served by other Arabian carriers (Etihad, Qatar Airways, Saudia, Oman Air), and there are also ASEAN & East Asia carriers as alternatives from Jakarta to Middle East, Europe, or Americas.

Indonesians are price-sensitive. Most of us don't care about aircraft types, comfortable seats, IFE system, etc. The main thing is price, especially if the price differences are more than US$ 200-300 that could be used as accommodations and other traveling expenses. Indonesian travel agencies also will choose carriers with cheap tickets when they arrange tour packages to Europe, America, or Islamic (Umrah) and Christian pilgrimages.

The number of Indonesian tourist to Europe and America is also less than Malaysians or Thais, with shorter holidays and more difficulties to obtain visa.

And Jakarta is not the main tourist destination; most of tourist prefer Bali.

Those can be the factors for EK to reduce its service to Jakarta.
Love_Alisa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2016, 08:45 PM   #2442
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Strange actually, not even deploying their biggest asset (because they can't because of runway restrictions at CGK) but even then manageing to underperform on a route which should see lots of growth giving the economic and geographic figures of Indonesia, plus the loss of FRA and (daily) CDG routes from CGK (even while CGK has seen declines over the past years, other Indonesian airports are growing not without reason). However, no wonder at the other side, as (the imho even better) GA is now going to LHR as well 5 times a week. I doubt why it would be so seasonal however as EK serves DPS apart from CGK.
Well it's only a temporary downgrade, so it may not be too worrying.

One thing we have to remember is the low cargo capacity of the A380. EK might be happy sending the B77W to JKT due it's larger cargo capacity.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #2443
Love_Alisa
Ecce Ancilla Domini

Likes (Received): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
Well it's only a temporary downgrade, so it may not be too worrying.

One thing we have to remember is the low cargo capacity of the A380. EK might be happy sending the B77W to JKT due it's larger cargo capacity.
But actually Soekarno-Hatta Airport's infrastructure is still not ready for A380.
So B77W is best choice.

I don't know if Emirates has plans to open new routes to other cities in Indonesia (Surabaya, Medan, Lombok, etc).
Love_Alisa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 07:32 PM   #2444
Manazir

Likes (Received): 510

Photo policy

Does anyone know the official policy of Emirates or Etihad regarding photography? As in taking photos of their aircraft? I searched online lot for it but found nothing! Why am I asking this? Well...

Those familiar with EK's flights at DXB will know what I mean. When you're flying with their 777s and if they are parked at a remote stand, you usually get off/board the plane via stairs right? Well, this really provides a nice opportunity for us AvGeeks to take a good picture of the aircraft you just flew/about to fly with. Though I try to take pics in a sneaky way, on few occasions, I was caught taking pictures by the ground staff standing there and been told that "Excuse me sir, this is not allowed". I use DSLR so not hard not to get caught.
Now, though hearing this several times by now, it has become quite ridiculous and makes me even angry that I would like to argue with them...because there are thousands of spotters and Avgeeks taking thousands of aircraft photos everyday everywhere! So I find it quite laughable really... but I wouldn't dare argue with them unless I know if that really is the case! As in what's EK or EY's actual position is on this matter?! Cuz I feel like the ground staff are just making this shit up, cuz hello, I'm not the only one interested in planes and taking pictures cmon...

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 09:24 PM   #2445
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post
Photo policy

Does anyone know the official policy of Emirates or Etihad regarding photography? As in taking photos of their aircraft? I searched online lot for it but found nothing! Why am I asking this? Well...

Those familiar with EK's flights at DXB will know what I mean. When you're flying with their 777s and if they are parked at a remote stand, you usually get off/board the plane via stairs right? Well, this really provides a nice opportunity for us AvGeeks to take a good picture of the aircraft you just flew/about to fly with. Though I try to take pics in a sneaky way, on few occasions, I was caught taking pictures by the ground staff standing there and been told that "Excuse me sir, this is not allowed". I use DSLR so not hard not to get caught.
Now, though hearing this several times by now, it has become quite ridiculous and makes me even angry that I would like to argue with them...because there are thousands of spotters and Avgeeks taking thousands of aircraft photos everyday everywhere! So I find it quite laughable really... but I wouldn't dare argue with them unless I know if that really is the case! As in what's EK or EY's actual position is on this matter?! Cuz I feel like the ground staff are just making this shit up, cuz hello, I'm not the only one interested in planes and taking pictures cmon...
It is generally discouraged. And photography at immigration or security screening areas is strictly forbidden.

Still, you can take as many pictures as you want. They won't arrest you but just remember they may warn you, and even tell you to delete the photo's so keep that in mind.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 21st, 2016, 11:50 AM   #2446
Manazir

Quote:
It is generally discouraged. And photography at immigration or security screening areas is strictly forbidden.

Still, you can take as many pictures as you want. They won't arrest you but just remember they may warn you, and even tell you to delete the photo's so keep that in mind.
But I don't get it! Why is it so discouraged? Nearly everywhere around the world it is encouraged! Yes, they might give "security" reasons, but there are countries which face far worse danger and even they don't put a ban on taking aircraft pics.

I'm not interested taking photos of immigration or security areas. Neither I am taking photos of ground staff or the cabin crew! Just the planes. I do and still will continue to take pics anyway, but it gets really, really annoying to hear time to time "Excuse me sir, you cannot take photos" blablabla... yeah, Watch Me!

Old August 22nd, 2016, 12:45 AM   #2447
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
But I don't get it! Why is it so discouraged? Nearly everywhere around the world it is encouraged! Yes, they might give "security" reasons, but there are countries which face far worse danger and even they don't put a ban on taking aircraft pics.

I'm not interested taking photos of immigration or security areas. Neither I am taking photos of ground staff or the cabin crew! Just the planes. I do and still will continue to take pics anyway, but it gets really, really annoying to hear time to time "Excuse me sir, you cannot take photos" blablabla... yeah, Watch Me!
I'm not sure. Some countries are sensitive about different things. The rules on airline/airport photography around the world are a little confusing. And just remember that there was a group of British photographers arrested last year for taking pictures of neighboring Fujairah Airport, so the police are quite strict about this stuff.

But anyways, you should have no problem at all. If they tell you off, listen to them at that moment and carry on when they leave . They aren't going to bother arresting and charging a transit passenger or tourist.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

sponge_bob, Manazir liked this post
Old August 24th, 2016, 11:31 AM   #2448
Manazir

Quote:
I'm not sure. Some countries are sensitive about different things. The rules on airline/airport photography around the world are a little confusing. And just remember that there was a group of British photographers arrested last year for taking pictures of neighboring Fujairah Airport, so the police are quite strict about this stuff.

But anyways, you should have no problem at all. If they tell you off, listen to them at that moment and carry on when they leave . They aren't going to bother arresting and charging a transit passenger or tourist.
Yeah I've read about that. But Fujairah is different, I think it's more of a military/more sensitive airfield area.

Yep that's what I'll do, thanks. Or I will just try to continue taking pictures in a sneaky way

Old August 24th, 2016, 06:02 PM   #2449
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

Quote:
Photo policy

I did saw similar rules in the old KLIA LCCT terminal, where taking plane pictures while on the apron was forbidden.The reasoning was for safety. You can take plane pictures from inside the terminal, or from the jetway. But taking plane photo from the apron poses some hazard, as you might get hid by moving vehicle, or getting tangled by some equipment
Old August 25th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #2450
EmiratesAirline380

I was at DXB yesterday using one of the remote gates, and I noticed they were very strict about photography. The DNATA staff were telling off passengers taking any pictures, even those that were climbing up the stairs and entering the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
I did saw similar rules in the old KLIA LCCT terminal, where taking plane pictures while on the apron was forbidden.The reasoning was for safety. You can take plane pictures from inside the terminal, or from the jetway. But taking plane photo from the apron poses some hazard, as you might get hid by moving vehicle, or getting tangled by some equipment
This makes sense.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 25th, 2016, 03:52 PM   #2451
Manazir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
So I wonder if the "security" reasons at DXB are the same... as in for passengers' security or they are more concerned about security of their aircraft and staff lol

Quote:
I was at DXB yesterday using one of the remote gates, and I noticed they were very strict about photography. The DNATA staff were telling off passengers taking any pictures, even those that were climbing up the stairs and entering the plane.
You see! That's exactly what I meant and as an AvGeek, I find that so effing annoying!
But do tell us more to this story/observation of yours. Did they get way too strict that made them delete the photos or something? Taking pics while climbing up/down the stairs they could be worried because they might think we are taking photos of their staff or EK crew... but seriously that's too much..

Oh btw, once I was told off in MUSCAT as well !... seems like it's a Gulf thing...

Last edited by Manazir; August 25th, 2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old August 25th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #2452
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
You see! That's exactly what I meant and as an AvGeek, I find that so effing annoying!
But do tell us more to this story/observation of yours. Did they get way too strict that made them delete the photos or something? Taking pics while climbing up/down the stairs they could be worried because they might think we are taking photos of their staff or EK crew... but seriously that's too much..

Oh btw, once I was told off in MUSCAT as well !... seems like it's a Gulf thing...
I was flying FlyDubai but it was Dnata staff, and they work for all airlines at DXB.

That particular staff member didn't make him delete the photo's, but he did speak loudly and told the photographer twice that pictures are not allowed. That warning didn't stop two other people from taking pictures of the plane from the stairs with their phone, and the staff member didn't bother telling them off since they were too far away from him.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 28th, 2016, 12:10 PM   #2453
Manazir

EK restores 7th daily flights to BKK

Emirates in recent schedule update has re-opened reservation for the 7th daily Dubai – Bangkok flight from 01DEC16, as EK350/351 service is available to book once again. This flight is operated by 2-class Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. Reservations for flights on/after 25MAR17 remains unavailable at present time.

EK384 DXB0305 – 1205BKK 388 D
EK376 DXB0330 – 1235BKK 388 D
EK418 DXB0905 – 1805BKK 77W D
EK372 DXB0935 – 1840BKK 388 D
EK370 DXB1145 – 2045BKK 77W D
EK350 DXB2055 – 0600+1BKK 77W D
EK374 DXB2235 – 0735+1BKK 388 D

EK385 BKK0105 – 0500DXB 388 D
EK371 BKK0205 – 0555DXB 77W D
EK419 BKK0225 – 0605DXB 77W D
EK351 BKK0745 – 1135DXB 77W D
EK375 BKK0930 – 1315DXB 388 D
EK377 BKK1600 – 1955DXB 388 D
EK373 BKK2035 – 0050+1DXB 388 D

EK370/371 is scheduled to be operated by 2-class A380 from 01JAN17, previously reported.

QR cancels Sarajevo launch

Qatar Airways once again postponed planned service launch on Doha – Sarajevo route, in recent schedule update. The oneWorld member previously scheduled to operate this route from 02NOV16, using Airbus A320 aircraft, however reservation is no longer available on/after this route, and there is no new launch date given at present time. The airline initially scheduled this route launch in September 2016.

Previously planned schedule as follow.

QR293 DOH0705 – 1105SJJ 320 357
QR294 SJJ1205 – 1920DOH 320 357

EK's last B777-200ER service late-October 2016

Emirates in recent schedule update has filed last scheduled operation for its Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, currently scheduled on 30OCT16. On 29/30OCT16, planned 777-200ER operation as follow.

Dubai – Mumbai
EK504 DXB0330 – 0810BOM 772 29OCT16
EK505 BOM1010 – 1140DXB 772 29OCT16

Dubai – Ahmedabad
EK538 DXB2250 – 0305+1AMD 772 29OCT16
EK539 AMD0425 – 0555DXB 772 30OCT16

Planned last Boeing 777-200ER operation remains subject to change.

patel2897 liked this post
Old August 28th, 2016, 01:28 PM   #2454
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

Emirates will resume flights to Conakry from 30th October
http://www.emirates.com/media-centre...ts-to-conakry#

Etihad will launch daily flights to VCE from 30th October with A319 (Alitalia will cease its daily flights from same date)
http://www.etihad.com/en-de/about-us...i-with-venice/
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:26 PM   #2455
Manazir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljuk View Post
Emirates will resume flights to Conakry from 30th October
http://www.emirates.com/media-centre...ts-to-conakry#

Etihad will launch daily flights to VCE from 30th October with A319 (Alitalia will cease its daily flights from same date)
http://www.etihad.com/en-de/about-us...i-with-venice/
I sometime wonder why EY uses aircraft designed to fly short-hauls on medium-haul routes? Not that I'm questioning the aircraft's max. range itself cuz I'm well aware that an A319 can perhaps cover this distance but still, I would really not fancy flying a tiny airplane between Europe and Asia/Middle East.

Old August 28th, 2016, 09:54 PM   #2456
The Polman

Likes (Received): 778

Jakarta: Middle East sees greatest cut

From all country markets that are served directly from Soekarno-Hatta, Qatar (-18%), Saudi Arabia (-15%) and the UAE (-11%) saw the greatest service reductions in 2015.

http://www.anna.aero/2016/08/23/jaka...ngers-in-2015/

And the poisonous goblet isn't empty yet as EK, EY and QR have or plan further reduced capacity.
QR will fly with 787 instead of A330 and 777-300ER
EY from 14 to 11 weekly flights while 777's had already been replaced by 330's
EK from 3 to 2 daily flights, although only temporarily

Only Oman (-Air) had positive numbers in 2015 to CGK and will continue to do so as flights increase to daily.
With the exception of Saudi-Arabia all flights to the region are solely operated by carriers from the Middle-East.

patel2897 liked this post
The Polman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2016, 10:51 AM   #2457
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
From all country markets that are served directly from Soekarno-Hatta, Qatar (-18%), Saudi Arabia (-15%) and the UAE (-11%) saw the greatest service reductions in 2015.

http://www.anna.aero/2016/08/23/jaka...ngers-in-2015/

And the poisonous goblet isn't empty yet as EK, EY and QR have or plan further reduced capacity.
QR will fly with 787 instead of A330 and 777-300ER
EY from 14 to 11 weekly flights while 777's had already been replaced by 330's
EK from 3 to 2 daily flights, although only temporarily

Only Oman (-Air) had positive numbers in 2015 to CGK and will continue to do so as flights increase to daily.
With the exception of Saudi-Arabia all flights to the region are solely operated by carriers from the Middle-East.
I wonder why this is happening? Is there a slowdown in the Indonesian economy?

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old August 29th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #2458
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

Emirates

Quote:
Peshawar was previously listed as the airline’s sole A330 route in winter schedule, on/after 30OCT16. Latest adjustment sees Emirates operating last Airbus A330-200, A340-300 and Boeing 777-200ER aircraft on 29OCT16 and 30OCT16. Last A340-300 service scheduled on 29OCT16 as EK863 Muscat – Dubai. Respectively, last A330-200 service operates on EK523 Thiruvananthapuram – Dubai and 777-200ER operates on EK539 Ahmedabad – Dubai.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...from-sep-2016/

patel2897, Equario liked this post
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 04:09 AM   #2459
oniex

Likes (Received): 355

A rapid phase-in for Saudi Arabian Airlines’ A330-300 Regional jetliners
Quote:

Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) is quickly building up its A330-300 Regional jetliner fleet, receiving ten aircraft during 2016 from a total of 20 on order. After Saudi’s initial A330-300 Regional delivery earlier this summer, two more were provided by Airbus in August, along with seven others before year-end.

Saudia is leasing the A330-300 Regional fleet from International Air Finance Corporation (IAFC). These aircraft are joining the national carrier of Saudi Arabia’s current A330-300 and A320 Family jetliners to boost capacity on some of its most in-demand regional/domestic routes.

The A330-300 Regional is Airbus’ latest A330 family member, optimized for flights out to distances of 2,700 nm. – covering short- to medium-haul routes with up to five hours’ flight time.

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...nal-jetliners/

patel2897, 압둘라-爱- LOVE liked this post
oniex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 06:11 AM   #2460
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
I wonder why this is happening? Is there a slowdown in the Indonesian economy?
The probably have been over-served.

No Asian would fly over Dubai to Jakarta, and most Europeans have direct flights.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae