daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 9th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #2661
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3597

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

Orion602, goschio, QalzimCity liked this post
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2017, 09:40 AM   #2662
ardial

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalva View Post
I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.

What I wanted to say (and I had difficulties to find correct words since I'm not fluent in english) is that lots of passengers don't want to fly Saudia because of the presence of religion in this airline. No alcohol, prayer before flight, is a problem for occidental passengers. And without these passengers, it is hard to fill up big aircrafts such as A380.

I know that lots of people from lots of religion use to pray before flights, but I think that Saudia Airlines is the only air carrier in which you can hear a prayer before taking off. That's not a problem for me, but it is for some european passengers.

Saudia is certainly not a bad airline, I heard good things about it. But on some points, it looks really strange for occidental passengers. Emirates, Qatar Airways, are more likely to attract european people.
I think saudi airlines can fill up easily with 777 in indonesian market
They have 14 aircraft daily which can easily fill with 420 passanger
And indonesian market is huge than saudi arabian
So i think 8 airport can canibalize garuda hub like Aceh, Medan, Padang, Batam, Palembang, Majalengka, surabaya, & makkasar daily+frequency 2 times

QalzimCity liked this post
ardial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 11:06 PM   #2663
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Sheikhs Discussed Emirates-Etihad Merger

The airlines Etihad and Emirates, both based in the United Arab Emirates, are bitter rivals, but increasing competition may soon turn them into partners.

The ruling familes of the United Arab Emirates, which control the Emirates and Etihad airlines, have held talks about possibly merging the two airlines, Handelsblatt has learnt from several sources.

The Gulf carriers are experiencing turbulent times after years of growth and expansion: both are struggling with falling profits and a changing industry. The possibility of consolidating the two state-owned carriers would not be easy, and require a huge amount of effort, but is clearly not out of the question anymore.

[...]

Etihad and Emirates have a lot of overlap. Their respective hubs in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are only 140 kilometers apart, for example.

“Economically and strategically, a cooperation, or maybe even merger, between Etihad and Emirates would without a doubt make sense,” said Gerald Wissel of Hamburg-based aviation consulting agency Airborne Consulting. “But a lot of national sensitivities would have to be overcome. It’s not a simple topic.”
https://global.handelsblatt.com/comp...dline&nl_art=3

Only way to go IMO. And this should have included the construction of a common mega airport between the two cities.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

firoz bharmal, patel2897 liked this post
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 11:13 PM   #2664
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4250

Quote:
Emirates chief fears ‘gathering storm’ as he hints at exit

Tim Clark said Emirates may need to establish a short-haul fleet as Mideast nations, while cautioning that the decision will be one for his successor

Berlin: Emirates President Tim Clark said the world’s biggest long-haul airline faces a “gathering storm” as a new generation of low-cost carriers targets the intercontinental routes around which it has built its business.
Dubai-based Emirates sees threats across all markets from rivals spanning Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA to the Scoot unit of Singapore Airlines Ltd, Clark said Thursday in Berlin.

The Gulf airline may also need to establish a short-haul fleet as Mideast nations, which it has struggled to serve, begin to open up, he said, while cautioning that the decision will be one for his successor.

“The dynamic is changing in the Middle East with regard to access to new markets,” the executive said in Berlin, where travel industry executives have are gathered for the ITB tourism fair. “Our business model was set in the late 1980s, when access was denied to us by many places in the region.”

[...]
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...exit-1.1991415

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

firoz bharmal, patel2897 liked this post
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #2665
ohmoomtang

Likes (Received): 16

patel2897 liked this post
ohmoomtang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:45 PM   #2666
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2200

I expected a whole heap of bad news for the ME3 (they are 4 really including Turkish and 5 when the Jeddah expansion is complete) in 2017. That was before the laptop ban yesterday.

But there is a heap of bad news for Etihad.

http://gulfbusiness.com/abu-dhabis-n...-delayed-2019/

Quote:
The opening of Abu Dhabi Airports’ $2.94 billion Midfield Terminal has been pushed back by two years, regional newspapers reported on Monday, in the latest setback for a project seen as crucial to the emirate’s wider expansion into tourism.

Sources close to the project told Reuters in March that there were complexities relating to the design and execution of the roof that were causing the initial delay. The terminal had been due to open in September 2017.
It would appear that there are more than just "complexities" with that roof. The project was officially supposed to open in December 2017 as recently as early March after a 3 month delay caused...by the roof.

If any airline needs a new terminal it is Etihad as Abu Dhabi has been jam packed for the last few years. And now they will spend 2018 competing with Emirates and Saudia and Qatar with their shiny new terminals and with the new Ankara megaairport possibly even to open before their new terminal does in 2019.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:11 PM   #2667
Love_Alisa
Ecce Ancilla Domini

Likes (Received): 250

I've also never heard any new route from Etihad, while Qatar Airways is expanding their network.

Etihad even decided to discontinue its service to Sao Paulo, its only destination in South America.
Love_Alisa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:45 PM   #2668
killerk

Likes (Received): 1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Alisa View Post
I've also never heard any new route from Etihad, while Qatar Airways is expanding their network.

Etihad even decided to discontinue its service to Sao Paulo, its only destination in South America.
That was the tradeoff for allying with Lufthansa and working out a deal to lease the Air Berlin aircrafts!! The Sao Paulo route is now codeshared with them..
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 07:07 PM   #2669
Manazir

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
I expected a whole heap of bad news for the ME3 (they are 4 really including Turkish and 5 when the Jeddah expansion is complete) in 2017. That was before the laptop ban yesterday.
Seriously let's face it though. This new ban is not cuz of some 'terrorism threat'. Trump promised to make it "America First", and that's exactly what he is doing. This ban is like a b***hslap to these middle eastern airlines, and especially for the big ME3, and a 'protectionist' strategy to keep the big US3 out of danger from facing competitions.

Or else why just these 9 airlines? Why no EU carriers, or Australian carriers are affected by this ban? All flights and passengers go through same security screening and clearance after all! If a terrorist wants to hide an explosive inside an electronic device, what difference does it really make whether its inside the cabin or in the cargo hold?!

All we can hope is that this stupid, ridiculous, outrageous ban is over by October..

My recently started Travel Blog

goschio liked this post
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:29 PM   #2670
killerk

Likes (Received): 1116

I think so too....given that an airport like AUH has US Customs and Border patrol inside their facility and have the infrastructure for all the necessary checks there itself...

if it was a worldwide ban it would have been fair!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 12:25 AM   #2671
sponge_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
I think so too....given that an airport like AUH has US Customs and Border patrol inside their facility
Preclearance, not security. The locals handle security.

I was told in some detail why they brought this ban in and I think most EU av regulators/carriers flying to the ME/North Africa will implement this ban by early summer if not after the Easter holidays are over. The impetus was from the investigation the EgyptAir 804 crash in May (which is ongoing) and that clown who killed himself in Somalia.

A further problem is that the pilots themselves are also technically prohibited from using their own tablets where they do the flight planning, especially in foreflight on an ipad. If they can mirror their flight planning apps onto their phones there is a quick workaround in sight for that though.

It will be very problematic for LCCs who do not want to put tablets and laptops in the hold (or indeed any baggage) if the ban goes Europewide. The kiddies might be hard to control down in club med this summer.

The US was first to issue a ban, it will not be the last.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 12:45 AM   #2672
Sorvete na Testa
Bracho. Paola Bracho!

Likes (Received): 7011

If I were some hot shot in any of the ME3, I'd simply call lawmakers from Boeing states and I'd tell I'll be cancelling every single purchase order until that absurd, protectionist laptop ban is reversed.

Manazir, becs liked this post
Sorvete na Testa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:11 AM   #2673
sponge_bob

The UK ban excludes Dubai Qatar and Abu Dhabi.

The US and UK bans both include Istanbul and Jeddah and Riyadh.

The intent is circumventable by the simple expediency of changing flights in UK or Dublin on your way to the US if you come from those three airports. In Dublin you don't even need to change terminals.

Etihad and Aer Lingus also have a codeshare arrangement as do Etihad and American and Etihad and KLM is another alternative if the Dutch do not apply the ban.

Strictly speaking the airlines most affected are Saudia and Turkish as they are being locked out of the UK and US both and few UK and US airlines fly to Istanbul Jeddah or Riyadh.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 01:09 PM   #2674
Manazir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Preclearance, not security. The locals handle security.

I was told in some detail why they brought this ban in and I think most EU av regulators/carriers flying to the ME/North Africa will implement this ban by early summer if not after the Easter holidays are over. The impetus was from the investigation the EgyptAir 804 crash in May (which is ongoing) and that clown who killed himself in Somalia.

A further problem is that the pilots themselves are also technically prohibited from using their own tablets where they do the flight planning, especially in foreflight on an ipad. If they can mirror their flight planning apps onto their phones there is a quick workaround in sight for that though.

It will be very problematic for LCCs who do not want to put tablets and laptops in the hold (or indeed any baggage) if the ban goes Europewide. The kiddies might be hard to control down in club med this summer.

The US was first to issue a ban, it will not be the last.
For once, I pray and hope that you are wrong in this case... As an AvGeek if this ban goes worldwide, then I won't see the point of flying anymore...

I can survive without a phone or laptop on board, but I definitely need my DSLR..

Old March 23rd, 2017, 07:48 PM   #2675
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

Starting 1st July EK to operate the A380 to Nice
https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...by-helicopter#

New laptop and tablet handling for US flights
https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...or-us-flights#

Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2017, 06:17 AM   #2676
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalva View Post
If you buy the A380, you have to fill them up. And that's not really easy. International passengers prefer fly with QR or Emirates, where alcohol is not prohibited, where films are not censored, and where religion is not "imposed" to passengers (no prayer before flights).

I think they are doing fine on their own here in Toronto. They seem to be after A - B market that loves to spend abroad..
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:20 PM   #2677
Manazir

Rumor is that Christoph Müller may join Etihad as the new CEO!

Old April 6th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #2678
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

EY to look closer to EK or to LH with the new CEO?

Emirates adds a second daily flight to Denpasar from July
https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...ali-indonesia#
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 11:30 AM   #2679
WingTips

Likes (Received): 1235

"Etihad Airways and Manchester City team up to shine a light on grassroots football stories through new digital video series"

ABU DHABI, 13th April, 2017 (WAM) -- Etihad Airways and Manchester City Football Club have joined forces to celebrate grassroots football, shining a light on inspiring untold stories from a selection of the airline’s key global gateways.

City2City is a new digital video series in which Etihad Airways and Manchester City visit some of the world’s most popular cities, Beijing, New York, Paris and Mumbai, all of which are important destinations on the Etihad Airways network. The series lifts the lid on how grassroots football inspires, motivates and shapes young lives, while uncovering fascinating aspects of each city.

To delve fully into the nuances of the different cultures, Etihad Airways and Manchester City reached out to acclaimed youth media brand, VICE Media, through its in-house global agency, Virtue Worldwide, to produce City2City. The series tells everyday stories of aspiring young footballers and leaders who are using the power of football to help transform young individuals in four dynamic metropolises
Patrick Pierce, Etihad Airways Vice President Marketing Partnerships, said, "Together with City Football Group, we are proud to produce a four-part series highlighting the positive social contributions football can make in local communities. We are also committed to supporting the development of youth football globally by encouraging young male and female athletes to pursue their goals in sport and in life, and to contribute positively to their communities."

Tom Glick, City Football Group Chief Commercial Officer, said, "We are extremely proud to have produced a series of content with our partners, Etihad Airways, which will resonate with City fans and football fans all over the world. Stripping football to its core, City2City showcases the simple purity of the grassroots game and the bonds of friendship, inspiration and teamwork which can be found in the world’s favourite sport

http://wam.ae/en/details/1395302608414

WingTips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #2680
QalzimCity

Likes (Received): 1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post
Rumor is that Christoph Müller may join Etihad as the new CEO!
To us Malaysians, this guy is a BIATCH! No good at all, only cares about himself, who can forget the parasite that uses MH and EK to build his own self branding
QalzimCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae