daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #21
Bertez

Likes (Received): 6

WOW....
Bertez no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #22
mr_storms

Likes (Received): 4

Wow great news for boeing. Isnt Emirates the first customer for the 7772LRF?
mr_storms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #23
New York Yankee

err,, nope.

btw, there are just more orders announced today:
- Cathey Pacific (CX) to order 16x 773ER
- China to order 70x 737-xxx
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #24
mr_storms

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Yankee
err,, nope.

btw, there are just more orders announced today:
- Cathey Pacific (CX) to order 16x 773ER
- China to order 70x 737-xxx
I thought the 737 order was previously announced (earlier this week). Btw heres a press release for the Emirates order:

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Emirates Airlines has placed an order to buy 42 Boeing 777 jets worth around US$9.7 billion, the airlines' chairman said Sunday.

Sheik Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said the aircraft, to be powered by General Electric (GE) GE-90 engines in a deal worth $2.5 billion, include 24 Boeing 777-300 ERs, plus 10 777-200 LR worldliners and eight 777 freighters.

Emirates is scheduled to receive the first aircraft from the order in 2007, and has an option to buy 20 more 777 aircraft.

The announcement was made at the annual Dubai Airshow, the largest regional aircraft exhibition.

Industry analysts had been expecting Emirates to place orders with both Boeing and European rival Airbus Industries at the Dubai air show, where Sheik Ahmed made the Boeing order announcement, along with Boeing Chief Executive Jim McNerney and GE Vice Chairman David Calhoun.

"This new order will support the airline's growth plans and enhance our fleet range and versatility," Sheik Ahmed said.

He said his fast-growing airline had yet to decide whether it will buy the Airbus A350 or the Boeing 787.

"We will decide when we are ready," said Sheik Ahmed.

Emirates is already the largest customer for Airbus' huge double-decker A380, which made its maiden Mideast flight at the Dubai air show.

Sheik Ahmed said he hoped to use the Boeing 777 to develop more European and Asian routes.

The 777-200LR, which earlier this month broke the world distance record for commercial airliners, will also allow Emirates to start nonstop flights to long-range destinations on the U.S. West Coast and in South America, he said.

The 777-200 is the world's longest range commercial jetliner. According to Boeing, it can fly upto 7400 nautical miles (13700 kilometers).

"We're glad that the 777 will become the cornerstone of the Emirates fleet," said Boeing's McNerney.

The deal boosts the airline's order book to 132, with a total value of $37.4 billion. Emirates is awaiting delivery of 23 777-300ERs, 45 A380s, 20 A340-600s and two A310Fs.

The airline currently runs a fleet of 83 aircraft.
Old November 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #25
TORONTO

Likes (Received): 1

With the huge amount of 777-300ER aircrafts coming into Emirates fleet, what will happen to the A340-600. Will the order be cancelled or will they take delivery of that too? I heard from many people the A340-600s and A340-500's might be ditched! Now that boeing is building a longer version of 787, I think the A350 order predicted for emirates will be also ditched.

I would be really happy if Emirates went with the 787s.

TORONTO
TORONTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #26
Desven
...und so halt!

Likes (Received): 12

it seems that Emirates is on a good way to become one of the biggest airlines of the world...
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #27
Caiman
I love those crazy dutch

Likes (Received): 3752

Where on Earth are Emirates getting the money for all this from :/
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #28
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

probably loans
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #29
mr_storms

oil money .
New York Yankee, where did you find that CX is going to order 16 773ERs? I havent found that anywhere
Old November 21st, 2005, 01:49 AM   #30
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

Is there any particular reason why a whole new thread had to be started on a single order?

You guys should be glad I'm not a moderator here, lol.
Bond James Bond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:04 AM   #31
xDieselJockx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Reid
Where on Earth are Emirates getting the money for all this from :/

I believe emirates is a very rich nation, it's being run by a sheikh, which is a royalty status comparable to Kings, Emperors and Sultans. Hlf of it is from oil wells?

Last edited by xDieselJockx; November 21st, 2005 at 05:13 AM.
xDieselJockx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:08 AM   #32
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Emirates is going to start flying to Chicago. I hope to be able to afford a ticket someday
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:15 AM   #33
mr_storms

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy999
Emirates is going to start flying to Chicago. I hope to be able to afford a ticket someday
ya, that article implied that emirates were going to use their 772lrs to fly nonstop to western us, should be very cool. Same as PIA will be doing with theirs
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:02 AM   #34
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy999
They want to fly to Houston soon too.
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 07:38 AM   #35
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORONTO
With the huge amount of 777-300ER aircrafts coming into Emirates fleet, what will happen to the A340-600. Will the order be cancelled or will they take delivery of that too? I heard from many people the A340-600s and A340-500's might be ditched! Now that boeing is building a longer version of 787, I think the A350 order predicted for emirates will be also ditched.

I would be really happy if Emirates went with the 787s.

TORONTO

I would be happy to see Emirates 787s as well. I'm hoping to see that stretched 787-10 if Boeing ever makes it for Emirates. I'd really love to see that .
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 12:27 PM   #36
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

Emirates is state-sponsored, labour is cheap and the employees have limited rights.

The goal of Emirates and Dubai is to make Dubai the World hub. Placed where Africa, Asia and Europe meets, the location is perfect.

Emirates is unlikely to buy the 787 in my view, since their buying strategy shows that they believe that the future of aviation will be hub-to-hub istead of point-to-point (which the 787 is perfect for).

Peter K
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #37
TORONTO

Qatar Airways unveils new aircraft livery, and plans for new Airbus A340-600 that wil

Qatar Airways unveils new aircraft livery, and plans for new Airbus A340-600 that will be equipped with a dedicated First Class lounge

Qatar Airways today unveiled its brand new-look that takes it into the next generation of air travel.

From new aircraft livery to innovative onboard products, award-winning Qatar Airways is making radical changes to its image, reflecting itself as a more progressive and confident airline.

The enhancements are part of an on-going product revamp that began last Autumn with the roll-out of a new style of onboard service across its premium cabins on long-haul flights.

Beginning this summer, the Qatar Airways will introduce redesigned livery on the newest addition to its rapidly-growing fleet - the Airbus A340-600 High Gross Weight (HGW) aircraft.

Qatar Airways is the launch customer of the High Gross Weight version of the A340-600 aircraft, which is capable of flying up to 14 hours non- stop with a full load of passengers and cargo. The new A340-600 will also be equipped with a dedicated First Class lounge.

Passengers flying in the premium cabin of the A340-600(HGW) aircraft will have the added benefit of a dedicated onboard First Class lounge allowing them to relax and eat in the comfort of their very own special area. Epitomizing luxury and innovation, the new First Class lounge promises to be one of the best in the air when it takes to the skies this summer.

The lounge features a stand-up bar with drinks rack and spotlight mood lighting. It also features cream leather sofas that can seat up to six passengers. Lampshades are positioned on two teak wooden tables, while a special additional aspect is electronically-operated window shades.

The general ambience of the lounge is one of comfort and relaxation with Qatar Airways' strong burgundy corporate colours very evident in the curtains, carpets and furniture.

Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker described the revolutionary changes as a "giant step forward" for the airline as it enters the next generation of air travel.

"We are operating in one of the most competitive industries in the world where passengers have greater choice and are more demanding," he said.

"Qatar Airways is a relatively young full-service airline, less than 10 years old, yet we have led with innovation to become a well-reputed global business. This is reflected by our numerous awards.

"Our new First Class lounge onboard our A340-600 aircraft reflects the importance we pay to our most loyal customers - our premium class passengers who are looking for that little more attention, privacy and comfort.

"Over the next few weeks and months, we will be unveiling further details of our onboard product on the A340-600 and I promise they will be revolutionary in design and style."

Doha-based Qatar Airways has ordered 10 A340-600s for deliveries beginning this summer over a two-year period. The aircraft is designed to operate long-haul flights such as Doha to Europe, United States, Far East and Australia. All new A340s joining the fleet will feature the new livery.

8th March 2006

TORONTO
TORONTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #38
Bertez

Looks great....
Old March 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #39
thai_bot

Likes (Received): 0

wow
thai_bot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 05:05 AM   #40
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

This one really does look pretty good I'm glad they made it loook kinda like the old livery. Also they're gonna have an A340-600? That's really cool.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae