daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM   #701
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

Qatar Airways moves launch of flights to Azerbaijan and Georgia to 1 February 2012

Qatar Airways is switching the launch date of its new flights to Azerbaijan and Georgia to the New Year due to operational reasons. Originally slated to start operations on November 30, the new services to the capital cities of Baku and Tbilisi respectively, will now begin on February 1.
"With capacity increases planned on many routes, we face constraints on aircraft availability, therefore decided to revise these two route launch dates and move them to February.

We regret the inconvenience caused, but all steps are being taken to look after passengers already holding bookings," said Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker.

Passengers with tickets and confirmed bookings to and from both cities will be rebooked on alternative flights to their final destination.

source:http://Qatar Airways moves launch of... February 2012
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM   #702
KWI

Likes (Received): 3240

Good evening!
Qatar Airways will fly when in Almaty (Kazakhstan)? To us from countries of the Gulf only fly Etihad and Air Arabia. I think many people would have flew in transit through Doha. Meanwhile, Etihad saves us, I only fly them.
KWI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM   #703
lady gaga
Mod

there is no news says that qatar airways going to fly to Almaty maybe in the future
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM   #704
lady gaga
Mod

Old August 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM   #705
lady gaga
Mod

UAE initials 'Open Sky' Air Services Agreement with Sierra Leone

2011-08-23 13:28:30

WAM Dubai, Aug. 23rd, 2011 (WAM) -- The United Arab Emirates represented by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) has initialed an "open" Air Services Agreement (ASA) and has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Sierra Leone yesterday.

The agreement was initialled by Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi , Director General of the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and David Wayland Banya, Acting Permanent Secretary of the Sierra Leone Civil Aviation Authority. Representatives from Abu Dhabi Department of Transport, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Sharjah Department of Civil Aviation, Ras Al Khaimah Department of Civil Aviation, Etihad Airways and Emirates Airline attended the negotiations.

The two delegations agreed that any number of designated airlines of both parties will have the right to perform scheduled air services. The UAE Delegation designated Etihad Airways, Emirates Airline, RAK Airways, Air Arabia and FlyDubai as UAE national airlines under the Agreement. The Sierra Leone Delegation will designate its airlines in due course.

The agreement allows unrestricted frequencies, capacity and types of aircraft, whether owned or leased, to be operated by the Designated Airlines of each country in any type of service (passenger or cargo) on the routes between Sierra Leone and the UAE.

The agreement also includes, in addition to the third and fourth freedoms, the exercise of full fifth freedom traffic rights on all points without any restriction while operating any type of services (passenger and/or cargo, separately or in combination). In addition, both Parties agreed to allow unrestricted non-scheduled operations between the two countries and to allow code sharing arrangements between their respective airlines and between their respective airlines and third country airlines.

source:http://http://www.wam.ae/servlet/Sat...=1135099399852
Old August 23rd, 2011, 04:05 PM   #706
lady gaga
Mod

Etihad announces winner of 'Escape to Maldives' competition

23 Aug 2011

Etihad Airways has announced Lynette Dobson from Abingdon, England, as the lucky winner of two tickets to the Maldives through its 'Escape to Paradise' Facebook competition.

Over 8,000 people across the globe entered the competition, which used a Facebook quiz to find out how romantic the respondents were. The competition posed situations such as "You're watching a beautiful sunset, you say" a) "The sun's getting tired and so am I" b) "There’s not much to do around here" c) "If beauty was a drop of water, then you’d be the ocean" d) "I have sand in my pants" or e) "You look great in this light". The application then determined where users lay on the romantic scale of 'Cold Fish' to 'Sizzling Hot'.

Winner Lynette, whose name was picked at random, was deemed to be a 'sizzling hot' romantic, and perfectly suited to a trip to the Maldives.

The stunning Maldive islands, located 700 kilometres southwest of Sri Lanka in the Indian Ocean, have long represented a romantic dream for holidaymakers and travellers across the world.

Etihad will launch daily flights to Mal in the Maldives on November 1, and following her win Lynette will be on the inaugural flight. Despite the remote location, these new flights mean it is easier than ever to plan a trip of a lifetime and discover this idyllic destination.

"I can't believe I've been lucky enough to win this prize," said Lynette. "I've always wanted to go to the Maldives and Etihad have made my dream come true."

James Hogan, Etihad Airways Chief Executive Officer, said: "We are very excited to be launching flights to the Maldives later this year, and to be opening up this exclusive destination to more guests than ever. It is with great pleasure that we invite Lynette to visit these stunning islands, and sample our award winning airline, in celebration."

- ENDS -

About Etihad
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, began operations in 2003, and in 2010 carried more than seven million passengers. From its hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Etihad serves 72 cities in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America, with a fleet of 61 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and 100 aircraft on order, including 10 Airbus A380s, the world’s largest passenger aircraft. For more information, please visit: www.etihadairways.com.

source:http://http://en.brinkwire.com/2849
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #707
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 4940

Etihad 777F @ Chennai

Etihad 777F @ Chennai
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #708
Vicvin86

Qatar 777Fs @ Chennai

Qatar 777Fs @ Chennai

Old August 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #709
Vicvin86

Emirates @ MAA

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #710
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emira...-ER/1978237/L/

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #711
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=53552&size=large

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #712
firoz bharmal

Likes (Received): 2416

What a clarity and beauty..
firoz bharmal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #713
lady gaga
Mod

Emirates B777-300ER Parked At Murtala Mohamed International Airport Lagos Nigeria

Old September 7th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #714
Vicvin86

Old September 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #715
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

I missed my flight earlier today because in DXB (at least) they close the check-in counter exactly one hour before the flight.

WTF??????

Not only no other Airline does that, but the flight to Doha itself is also one hour long.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #716
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
I missed my flight earlier today because in DXB (at least) they close the check-in counter exactly one hour before the flight.

WTF??????

Not only no other Airline does that, but the flight to Doha itself is also one hour long.
Its frustrating, but all airlines close the check-in counter an hour before the flight! Didn't they put u in the next flight. There are 11 flights a day to DOH.
Old September 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #717
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWI View Post
Good evening!
Qatar Airways will fly when in Almaty (Kazakhstan)? To us from countries of the Gulf only fly Etihad and Air Arabia. I think many people would have flew in transit through Doha. Meanwhile, Etihad saves us, I only fly them.
The problem with QR is the lack of aircraft. As soon as they get more A320s they will fly to Almaty. They will fly to Baku and Tblisi in February 1 which is in Central Asia. I assume Almaty, your next!
Old September 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM   #718
lady gaga
Mod

Emirates to Launch Zambia and Zimbabwe service from Feb 2012

by JL

Emirates from 01FEB12 will launch service to Zambia and Zimbabwe, where it’ll offer 5 weekly Dubai – Lusaka – Harare service on board 3-class Airbus A330-200.

The schedule was loaded in the past 15 minutes (as of 0915GMT) into the GDS. Reservation to general public will be open shortly.

Schedule:

EK713 DXB0925 – 1450LUN1620 – 1720HRE 332 x46
EK714 HRE1920 – 2020LUN2150 – 0710+1DXB 332 x46
Old September 28th, 2011, 06:13 AM   #719
Brother_Carioca

Likes (Received): 181

Qatar will fly to Rio (GIG). Its true?
Brother_Carioca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #720
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=54580&size=large

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae