daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #741
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

The one hour long Doha - Dubai route served now by 11 QR flights a day (and who knows how many flights Emirates/FlyDubai operates) is sooo expensive.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #742
AltinD
The Modecator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
Its frustrating, but all airlines close the check-in counter an hour before the flight! Didn't they put u in the next flight. There are 11 flights a day to DOH.
Not all Airlines close their check-in counters one hour before. Gee, they (QR) even close they boarding gate 20 minutes before flight, not to mention in Doha they started embarking the plane 1 hour before departure. WTF??!!

BTW, I missed the quick connection too so taking the next flight wouldn't have helped me. I re-booked the evening flight and went much earlier to the Airport this time.
I can cheat you blind.

Old October 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #743
AltinD
The Modecator

Their In-Flight Entertainment system was glitchful (777-200ER plane). It was laggy, the audio in many of the A/V programs was either crap and hardly audible, or totally missing.

The food wasn't that great either .... though those shawarma chicken sandwich rolls were yummy.
I can cheat you blind.

Old October 18th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #744
PassarodeFerro
Passaro de Ferro

Likes (Received): 11

Qtar airways is already operating in Brazil , amazing!
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:33 AM   #745
YoNoFui

Likes (Received): 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassarodeFerro View Post
Qtar airways is already operating in Brazil , amazing!
I though it started GRU months ago
YoNoFui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #746
PassarodeFerro
Passaro de Ferro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoNoFui View Post
I though it started GRU months ago
Indeed, that's what I said bro
Old October 19th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #747
YoNoFui

Likes (Received): 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassarodeFerro View Post
Indeed, that's what I said bro
Lol I though you said it just started.
YoNoFui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #748
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

What about some new european destinations?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #749
Skyprince
Asian boi

I think so far among all Middle Eastern Airlines, QR has the cheapest fares out of KUL , based on my different searches. Thinking about visiting Brazil next year using QR
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #750
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post

Qatar Airways touches down in Norway

Quote:
Qatar Airways has ventured further into Northern Europe with the launch of scheduled flights to Norway. Oslo, the capital of one of the top oil nations in the world, becomes Qatar Airways' third Scandinavian gateway after Stockholm and Copenhagen, further cementing the carrier's presence in the Nordic countries.

Recently named Airline of the Year 2011 in the annual Skytrax passenger survey, Qatar Airways' new five-times-a-week service to Oslo comes less than a month after the award-winning airline added Sofia as another point in its European network.

Oslo also became destination number 107 in the airline's global route map and the 27th city served by Qatar Airways in Europe, a continent now representing 25% of the airline's international reach.

Flight QR953 touched down at Oslo International Airport to a traditional water salute welcome, followed by a ceremony attended by airport and government officials, together with members of the local business community and travel trade.

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker led a high-profile delegation, including Norway's Ambassador to the State of Qatar, Her Excellency Ase Elin Bjerke, and international media on the inaugural non-stop flight from the airline's operational hub of Doha, capital of the State of Qatar.

"Qatar Airways has reached yet another key milestone in Europe, with Oslo becoming our seventh European destination launched so far this year," said Al Baker on arrival in the Norwegian capital.

"We are delighted to add this vibrant, scenic city of Oslo to our global route network, further strengthening our operations in Scandinavia and clearly proving how important this dynamic travel market is for Qatar Airways. We now operate 19 flights a week across three Scandinavian cities making Qatar Airways the biggest Gulf carrier in the Nordic market," he added.

"We look forward to bringing visitors from around the world to this diverse cultural city and to the great leisure and business destinations in the region. Norway has limitless attractions of mountains and fjords, a great magnet for tourists from around the world to experience and enjoy," added Al Baker.

"Qatar Airways already had significant traffic from Norway via the neighbouring cities we serve of Stockholm and Copenhagen before even starting our direct operations to Oslo. With our new non-stop service we are pleased to offer passengers even faster and hassle-free connections to many exotic leisure destinations and business cities across the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Australia and Africa via Doha," he said.

Qatar Airways offers the fastest journey from Oslo to Melbourne - quicker than any other carrier - and convenient connections via Doha to many other popular destinations, including Singapore, Bangkok, Manila, Hong Kong, Dubai, Delhi, Shanghai, Colombo, Kuala Lumpur and Bali.

Oslo Airport Chief of Information, Jo Kobro, said, "Qatar Airways' new route from Oslo to Doha offers a comfortable and efficient link to the Gulf region and beyond. This new service will be much welcomed by business and leisure passengers travelling to a wide choice of Qatar Airways' onward destinations in the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. And the new service re-enforces Oslo Airport's position as one of the leading airports in Scandinavia."

The Oslo - Doha route is served with a wide body state-of-the-art Airbus A330 featuring 24 seats in Business Class and up to 236 seats in Economy.

The aircraft offers seatback TV screens in all classes providing passengers with next generation interactive onboard entertainment, including over 700 audio and video on demand options.

Qatar Airways currently operates a modern fleet of 100 aircraft to over 100 diverse business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America. By 2013, the fleet size will increase to more than 120 aircraft.

So far this year, Qatar Airways has added 11 destinations to its international map - Bucharest, Budapest, Brussels, Stuttgart, Aleppo, Shiraz, Venice, Montreal, Medina, Kolkata and Sofia - and is gearing up for more route expansion with a further two destinations - Entebbe and Chongqing - being inducted into the network by the end of November.

Qatar Airways' October - February 2012 route expansion highlights are:

New Routes:

• OSLO, Norway: October 5: 5-flights-a-week - airline's third Scandinavian route.
• ENTEBBE, Uganda: November 2: Daily non-stop flights.
• CHONGQING, China: November 28: 3-flights-a-week.
• BAKU, Azerbaijan: February 1: Daily non-stop flights.
• TBILISI, Georgia, February 1: Daily via Baku.
http://www.ameinfo.com/277126.html

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #751
PassarodeFerro
Passaro de Ferro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
I think so far among all Middle Eastern Airlines, QR has the cheapest fares out of KUL , based on my different searches. Thinking about visiting Brazil next year using QR
You'll be welcome anytime bro.! btw I have visited your country and thats amazing too. QR has flights to KUL through DOHA

Old October 19th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #752
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 5116

Quote:

Yeah, Birmingham to name but a few.

EK operates 2 daily flights and has a large Middle Eastern/Asian population and its flights are both operated by Boeing 777 Aircraft so Qatar would be some good competition for them.
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM   #753
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=55381&size=large

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM   #754
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=55441&size=large

Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:16 PM   #755
Bravo_Romeo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
What about Amsterdam? They already have a strong cargo position: DOH-AMS-ORD-AMS-DOH twice daily.
Bravo_Romeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:23 AM   #756
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

^Well they are starting to serve the airports that serve around 3M pax. There is a roumor that they want to start Belgrade by the end of 2011.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM   #757
Bravo_Romeo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
^Well they are starting to serve the airports that serve around 3M pax. There is a roumor that they want to start Belgrade by the end of 2011.
That's a shame. But the need to have a different strategy than the other gulf carriers. It would be nice to see Qatar Airways at Schiphol with passenger service, but I do understand.
Bravo_Romeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #758
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Anyone know QR's load factor to YUL since they started? Real data if possible, not just anecdotal hearsay. Thanks!
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #759
signol

Likes (Received): 19

According to QR's Facebook page:
Quote:
Benghazi, here we come. Flights begin on 1st November. Also, Entebbe and Chongqing are up next!
signol
signol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #760
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 4941

Emirates 777 takes off from Chennai Airport

Source:self

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae