daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 19th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #1381
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11247

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
They could have done some expansion to Indonesian market in the same manner as what they have done in India.
So far, the only Middle Eastern carriers who regularly flew to Indonesian destination other than Jakarta is Qatar Airways, who flew to Denpasar, Bali, on daily basis.

I was wondering why the likes of Emirates or Etihad doesn't fly to Bali?

And the other city who also have potential is Surabaya.
My guess is that Jakarta is a larger market than Denpasar or Surabaya, and that Emirates and Etihad seem to cater more towards premium clientele than Qatar is (just my take)... and by the way, Surabaya deserves to have a flight to and from Dubai or Abu Dhabi to complement services with Jakarta. I wonder though if any of the three carriers will actually be interested in doing that route to start with...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #1382
jarkti
World's Happiest Person

Likes (Received): 752

The Qatar route between Doha-Singapore-Bali is good, Business class is only $300 between Bali and Singapore!
Old November 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1383
Skyprince
Asian boi

Will any of them launch direct Kota Kinabalu & Penang flights soon ? With such huge orders
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #1384
Greg

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
Will any of them launch direct Kota Kinabalu & Penang flights soon ? With such huge orders
eh? you live in Dubai now?

Skyprince liked this post
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1385
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 581

Does anyone thing EK has overdone it with the newest A380 order? 50 A380s is a gigantic increase in seat capacity.
I mean, I understand the B77X orders since those will replace all the current B77W's which total around 90 aircraft + 61 on order. Plus those won't start arriving till after 2020. But 140 A380's in the fleet is way too large. Consider that the A350s will begin arriving in the next few years as well.
I can't help but think that EK has begun to become way to over confident and I fear that just like Dubai in 2008, the bubble will burst and EK will begin its downfall. I really hope that doesn't happen since I'm a big fan of EK, but EKs confidence and arrogance reminds me of Dubai's in 2008 and look what happened... Hopefully EK proves me wrong though.

At least I'm happy Airbus can say the A380 was not a failure (mainly thanks to EK).

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #1386
cthighflyer

Likes (Received): 20

So with such HUGE orders from the Big Middle Eastern 4 (flydubai included) on Day 1, how come no more big announcements on day 2 and 3?

Are we still in for any more Major Surprise Announcements today to End The Dubai Airshow off with a BANG? !!!
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #1387
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthighflyer View Post
So with such HUGE orders from the Big Middle Eastern 4 (flydubai included) on Day 1, how come no more big announcements on day 2 and 3?

Are we still in for any more Major Surprise Announcements today to End The Dubai Airshow off with a BANG? !!!
I don't think so. THE ME3 made all their orders and those were the only airlines expected to make orders. Cathay was rumored but I doubt they'd order in Dubai.
I think we can still expect a military aircraft order though.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old November 19th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #1388
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
My guess is that Jakarta is a larger market than Denpasar or Surabaya, and that Emirates and Etihad seem to cater more towards premium clientele than Qatar is (just my take)... and by the way, Surabaya deserves to have a flight to and from Dubai or Abu Dhabi to complement services with Jakarta. I wonder though if any of the three carriers will actually be interested in doing that route to start with...
Jakarta is already a well established (if not saturated) market. In fact the government should allow more foreign airlines to fly cities other than Jakarta because the airport is already congested. Read this link for the detail:

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...-ministry.html

I believe if Emirates, Qatar, and Etihad could enter Surabaya, their market will be pretty much similar with those of Cathay Pacific (who already enter Surabaya since 1993): migrant workers in Saudi Arabia, Europe, and America; businesspeople, or students who wants to travel from Surabaya to Europe or America with the airline. And in fact some years ago Qatar airways did intend to open route from Qatar to Surabaya, although it has yet to materialize....

I was told that the hindrance have something to do with "protectionism" move towards Garuda. They don't want those popular airlines to steal Garuda's fragile long haul market.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
bagus70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1389
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

[IMG]http://i40.************/2dv65qd.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emira...9e2c8b6d7831f3
[IMG]http://i43.************/iy3qtw.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i42.************/10shxt3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i43.************/2n6tcsn.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Airbu...9e2c8b6d7831f3

fieldsofdreams liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1390
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Air Serbia’s $1bn Fleet Expansion ‘Part Of Etihad Order’
The carrier ordered 10 A320neos at the Dubai Airshow which are due to be delivered between 2018 and 2020.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1391
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Dubai Air Wing B747-422 (A6-MMM) departing Singapore for Dubai.
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #1392
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6980

Quote:
20 Nov 2013

Qatar Airways to launch flights to Prague Airport, Amsterdam Schiphol and Rio de Janeiro

anna.aero has learnt that Rio de Janeiro will also be served by Qatar Airways next year, along with Amsterdam and Prague. Rio comes just in time for next year’s World Cup in Brazil – Qatar hosts the World Cup in 2022. (Apologies to 1930s Pan Am.)

http://www.anna.aero/2013/11/20/qata...io-de-janeiro/

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

m-man liked this post
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #1393
abdeka
Algerian moderator

Likes (Received): 13111

Emirates introduces Airbus A340-500 on Algiers route

Quote:

Emirates, a global connector of people and places, strengthens its commitment to Algeria by introducing the Airbus A340-500 on the Dubai-Algiers route, commencing Dec. 1.

Boosting seat capacity by nearly 10 percent and offering an enhanced cabin product, Emirates’ Airbus A340-500 will replace the current A330-200 operating on flights EK757 and EK758.

“The upgrade of our Algiers service to an Airbus A340-500 is a clear marker of the route’s success since its launch less than one year ago, highlighting the strong growth potential of this destination,” said Adil Al-Ghaith, VP commercial operations for northern and western Africa. “Offering the highest standards of passenger comfort, our customers traveling to and from Algiers will now be able to enjoy the added in-flight features offered by this aircraft, including the private First Class suites and extended inflight entertainment options in all classes.”

Since its launch in March this year, Emirates has carried over 73,000 passengers between Dubai and Algiers, boosting international tourism to the capital of Algeria from destinations in the Middle East, Asian Subcontinent, Far East and Australasia.

The new aircraft has 258 seats in a three-class configuration offering 12 luxurious First Class suites, 42 seats in Business Class and generous space for 204 passengers in Economy Class.

First Class passengers will experience Emirates’ ergonomically-designed First Class suites, featuring privacy screens for maximum exclusivity and massage-enabled seats which convert into flat beds, while Business Class customers will enjoy the comfort of angled lie-flat beds.

Emirates also offers passengers very generous baggage allowances of 50 kg in First Class, 40 kg in Business Class, and 30 kg in Economy Class.
Emirates currently operates 208 aircraft to 137 destinations, including the world’s largest Boeing 777 and Airbus A380 fleet.
Source : http://www.arabnews.com/news/482546

Visit the ALGERIAN FORUM
abdeka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1394
EK413

Etihad Airways Airbus A320-232
Istanbul - Ataturk (Yesilkoy) (IST / LTBA) Turkey, November 10, 2013
A6-EIT (cn 5791) New registration on the database and the new A320 with sharklest for Etihad Airways. Delivery date 17-10-2013

[IMG]http://i40.************/4fwl77.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Etiha...f1c1902f31857f

m-man, fieldsofdreams, Singidunum liked this post
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1395
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

It amazes me that Emirates can fly an 777 or A380 to a destination and then Etihad and Qatar can only manage an A330 at best to the same destination. Prime example shown in the picture. Emirates 777 by the Asiana 777 and then you see the Etihad A320-200.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #1396
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post
It amazes me that Emirates can fly an 777 or A380 to a destination and then Etihad and Qatar can only manage an A330 at best to the same destination. Prime example shown in the picture. Emirates 777 by the Asiana 777 and then you see the Etihad A320-200.
Emirates has a larger fleet, more destinations, and more/bigger departure and arrival banks than the other two. So they have more passengers than QR and EY for the same routes, which is why they use larger aircraft. Personally I prefer EY and QR's strategy since if they need to increase capacity then they can just add more frequencies. Also they can use the smaller narrow body aircraft to fly to small markets. EK can't do that with large B77Ws. The smallest aircraft in EK's fleet is the A330-200 which has a capacity of 237 seats so its not that small.
I'm sure in a few years when QR and EY grow more, they will start flying larger aircraft to all their current destinations.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

EK413, fieldsofdreams liked this post

Last edited by EmiratesAirline380; November 25th, 2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #1397
racso380

Likes (Received): 41

Emirates has changed the equipment to Phuket!!!!!

Soon B77W....bye bye A343

firoz bharmal, Le Male liked this post
racso380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #1398
EK413

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
Emirates has a larger fleet, more destinations, and more/bigger departure and arrival banks than the other two. So they have more passengers than QR and EY for the same routes, which is why they use larger aircraft. Personally I prefer EY and QR's strategy since if they need to increase capacity then they can just add more frequencies. Also they can use the smaller narrow body aircraft to fly to small markets. EK can't do that with large B77Ws. The smallest aircraft in EK's fleet is the A330-200 which has a capacity of 237 seats so its not that small.
I'm sure in a few years when QR and EY grow more, they will start flying larger aircraft to all their current destinations.
Lets not forget both EY & QR aren't reliant on their own metal to feed their network, they are reliant of their interline agreements & alliances.
EK on the other hand don't rely heavily on feed from their partners therefore rely on EK passengers only therefore operate larger aircraft.
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1399
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62889

Larger aircraft and more passengers doesn't automatically mean more profit, even though in this case that does seem to be the case.

But nevertheless, we can't expect to have these 3 companies doing exactly the same thing as Emirates and all be a success. They have different strategies and all are a success in their own way.

And all 3 have a massive number of large planes on order, especially after last weeks airshow. Showing that they are all growing rapidly and that all will have enough big planes to serve many airports.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1400
EK413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Larger aircraft and more passengers doesn't automatically mean more profit, even though in this case that does seem to be the case. But nevertheless, we can't expect to have these 3 companies doing exactly the same thing as Emirates and all be a success. They have different strategies and all are a success in their own way.
I agree larger aircraft don't equal more profits. The strategy of EY/QR vs EK are totally different. QR feed their bank of flights utilising their Oneworld partners & EY on AB/KL/AF/GA/VA whilst EK ain't part of any alliance with the exception of QF (QF need EK to serve their European passengers). Therefore EK need to provide the capacity opposed to a narrow body or aircraft suitable for that particular route.

Last edited by EK413; November 27th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae