daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #1481
Theizazo
Theizazo

Likes (Received): 179

Kuwait Airways Revises The Leasing Agreement Again !

It Was Announced Today At The Local News That Kuwait Airways Had Recised Their Leasing Agreement With Airbus . The Revised Deal Had Increased The Number Of Leased Aircrafts From 12 To 16 ! Thus Including 4 Additional A340s - "Some Sujests It Might Be SQ's" - To Be Delivered Starting From July 2014 In An 8 Months Period Until The Newly Built "Leased" A330-200s Are Delivered In March 2015 ! , KU Aims That's The 4 "Leased" A340s Are Going To Be Used To Replace The Aging A300 Fleet .

So .. The Breakdown Is :

> 4 A340s "Some Sujests That They're Ex.SQ" , Will Be Delivered At July 2014 In An 8 Months Period

> 5 A330-200s "Newly Built" , Will Be Delivered :
•1 , March 2015
•1 , April 2015
•1 , May 2015
•2 , June 2015
And Will Be Operated In A 7 Years Period Until 2020 "The Expected Date For The A350's Entery Into Service"

> 7 A320-200s "Newly Built" , Planned To Be Delivered Between 2015-2016 , And Will Be Operated In A 7 Years Period Until 2020 "The Expected Date For The A320neo's Entery Into Service"

Source (In Arabic) : http://alwatan.kuwait.tt/articledeta...rquarter=20141

Another "Arabic" Aviation Forum : http://www.flyingway.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142226

KWI liked this post
Theizazo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:58 PM   #1482
DR.SHREJMAN
Big Thing

Likes (Received): 275

guys cut the crap...kuwait airways!!!!
DR.SHREJMAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 02:13 AM   #1483
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
I agree the numbers will be good feeding AUH which is what EY wants. Doing trans Atlantic will be tough if Alitalia does it out of Rome, and Milan, plus Air Berlin will also go TA. I think EY will just feed those two Airlines for TA in the end.
As Singi already said, AZ has been serving North America since WW2. They used to serve Milan from Toronto, but they axed it for some reason. Rome also gets reduced in the winter, and Air Canada only goes there on a seasonal basis. Also to make YYZ-FCO work, they have Delta's/WestJet's
feed in Toronto... I know because I use to fly often to Rome, and whenever I check in, they would ask me twice if Rome is my final stop just to make sure I was on a safe side.... Once we arrive in Rome, only a few of us would go to the immigration, and the rest would catch the connections.

I think Alitalia does very well on their long haul, but I heard that they have issues with their regional routes where they face the low cost airlines. Add European financial crises and you get a clear picture. Also I think JU is shaping up to be a much bigger airline then just a EY feeder. They are expanding in bigger some markets.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:36 PM   #1484
yyzhyd

Likes (Received): 9

EK Trip Reports

Hey everyone,
Just sharing a couple of EK trip reports from October 2013.

YYZ-DXB
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/247366/

DXB-HYD
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/248666/
Old January 28th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #1485
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

It's official, DWC will go with this new design, and just might be done by the 2020 Dubai Expo. This will by far be the world's largest building regarding floor space with a capacity for 200 million passengers.

[IMG]http://i41.************/n36zpj.jpg[/IMG]

firoz bharmal, EK413, fieldsofdreams liked this post
noir-dresses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #1486
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
It's official, DWC will go with this new design, and just might be done by the 2020 Dubai Expo. This will by far be the world's largest building regarding floor space with a capacity for 200 million passengers.

[IMG]http://i41.************/n36zpj.jpg[/IMG]
Any other angles. You really cant see the how the terminals will be place.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #1487
noir-dresses
bling bling

Here is the link to the pic above.

http://www.dubaieye1038.com/dubai-wo...plan-unveiled/

Here is another link to an article with a different pic.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...on=uaebusiness
Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1488
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Pathetic

Lufthansa calls on EU to block Etihad-Alitalia tie-up

(Reuters) - Germany's largest airline Lufthansa (LHAG.DE) has criticized plans by Etihad Airways to invest in ailing Italian carrier Alitalia CAITLA.UL and called on the European Commission to block the deal, saying it would amount to unfair competition.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:08 PM   #1489
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Pathetic

Lufthansa calls on EU to block Etihad-Alitalia tie-up

(Reuters) - Germany's largest airline Lufthansa (LHAG.DE) has criticized plans by Etihad Airways to invest in ailing Italian carrier Alitalia CAITLA.UL and called on the European Commission to block the deal, saying it would amount to unfair competition.
I wouldn't worry to much about Lufthansa. It's in they're interest for Alitalia to struggle, or even go bankrupt so they can poach they're pax.

If I'm correct Lufthansa even has an Italian subsidiary called Lufthansa Italia, and Dolomiti. I'm sure it never crossed Lufthansa's mind that Alitalia could survive with a vengeance, and become a serious competitor to they're bottom line.

I'm sure Etihad's lawyers know what they can, and cannot do. I'm also sure the Italian employee's in struggling Alitalia would rather a ME investor than to be an unemployed Italian in these hard economic times.
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #1490
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Here's the 2nd A350 destined for QR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWB View Post
MSN7 will be the second A350 for Qatar.

In the meantime, here is MSN4:

http://www.airbus.com/no_cache/newse...wb-experience/

iloveblr, m-man, fieldsofdreams liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #1491
noir-dresses
bling bling

Qatar would get good PR if they use this airframe at the Singapore airshow. I think a Qatar 788 will also be at the show.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #1492
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Is there a way to fly to Belgrade from Toronto via AUH on Etihad? There are some flights, but for some reason it says; "sold out". I am sure it is doable on a separate ticket segments. Any clue?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #1493
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Another blow from Delt...akhm...I mean FAA - India loses Category 1 status which means Etihad won't be able to commence extra transatlantic flights with Jet

http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releas...m?newsId=15674
http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200443_1.html

Old February 4th, 2014, 10:17 PM   #1494
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62955

I wonder what Delta thinks of all the tie-ups between all their European partners and Etihad.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #1495
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
I wonder what Delta thinks of all the tie-ups between all their European partners and Etihad.
Well you should read their comical complaints to FAA about codeshare agreements between Etihad and Air Serbia and Air Berlin and Air Serbia. They call them bizarre, commercially implausible, likely to cause consumer confusion, product of market-distorting, anti-competitive state subsidies and they say there is no underlying economic authority to serve the United States, that it would be an abuse of TSA pre-clearance in Abu Dhabi, that there is no clear public benefit. All in all But FAA just copy-pasted their claims in their decision not to grant Etihad-Air Serbia codeshare (which was a bit of a stretch, but probably intended as just a test, we'll see about Air Serbia-Air Berlin) even though no other carrier complained.

We'll see how things will evolve now as this decision will hit United and American that both had codeshare agreements with Jet. Also JetBlue is trying to forge a partnership with Etihad so they won't like all this either.

Old February 4th, 2014, 11:55 PM   #1496
Gadiri

Likes (Received): 6979

Quote:
Flynas to launch global routes in April

Jeddah,

Flynas, Saudi Arabia’s national carrier, has announced the launch of its Global Flight Routes program to begin international services starting April.

The Global Flight Routes program from the leading economical carrier will offer regional travelers access to affordable, high-value international air travel to three continents, namely Europe, Asia and Africa. All of flynas’ international flights will operate out of its hub in Jeddah.

The new global destinations include London Gatwick and Manchester in UK, Paris in France; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Jakarta in Indonesia and Casablanca in Morocco.

“Flynas is expanding its horizons to operate as a truly international carrier with the launch of our Global Flight Routes program. The expansion of our flight routes to cover long-haul destinations in Europe, Asia and Africa is a key element of our strategy to lead the airline into a new chapter of aggressive growth,” said Raja Azmi, CEO, flynas.

“We have made significant recent investments in enhancing our fleet with the acquisition of Airbus A330 aircrafts and upgrading our in-flight offering to include a 12-seat Business Class Cabin. In addition, we have upgraded to a highly customer-centric model of service for our Economy Class passengers, making high value affordable air travel accessible to all.”

Business Class passengers will be able to enjoy a seat pitch of 60 inches and a reclinable full flat-bed, in addition to a hot meal service and unlimited hot and cold drinks. Business class passengers will also enjoy comfort-boosting services such as Lounge Access and Fast Track services, among other benefits.

Economy Class passengers will enjoy a high-value service at highly affordable prices, with seats offering 32-inch seat pitch, in-flight entertainment, buy-on-board meals and flexible fares that include a hold baggage allowance of 30kg.

“Our goal is to offer convenient services onboard combined with competitive fares. Our customers over the years have responded very positively to our low cost-high service model of operations and the launch of the Global Flight Routes program aims to develop this successful approach to our international operations. The expansion of our route network beyond the Middle East is a decisive step leading us towards fulfilling our goal of carrying 20 million passengers yearly by 2020,” said Azmi.

“With our new A330 added aircrafts ,we will have a great service upgrades such as; the new business class cabin and the embracing of smarter onboard entertainment technologies fall in line perfectly with the expectations of both, cosmopolitan regional and international customers. The launch of our Global Flight Routes program will take us from Saudi Arabia to the World, towards our goal to be a truly global carrier,” concluded Azmi. – TradeArabia News Service
http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_251301.html

FBI Says 94% of Terrorist Attacks in the US Since 1980 Are by Non-Muslims

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Gadiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #1497
Gadiri

Quote:
Saudia Resumes Riyadh – Casablanca Nonstop Service from April 2014

by JL
Update at 0740GMT 27JAN14

Saudia from 01APR14 is resuming Riyadh – Casablanca nonstop operation, after 3 years of cancellation. The Skyteam member will operate this route 3 times a week, on board 3-class 777-200ER aircraft (77L). Saudia last operated this nonstop service in March 2011, according to OAG Schedules Analyser.

SV375 RUH1500 – 1930CMN 77L 246
SV374 CMN2130 – 0650+1RUH 77L 246

In Summer 2014 season from 30MAR14, Saudia also operates daily Jeddah – Casablanca service with 777-300ER.
http://airlineroute.net/2014/01/27/sv-ruhcmn-s14/

Old February 5th, 2014, 12:04 AM   #1498
Gadiri

FLYNAS

http://www.flynas.com/en/route-map/

Old February 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #1499
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Well you should read their comical complaints to FAA about codeshare agreements between Etihad and Air Serbia and Air Berlin and Air Serbia. They call them bizarre, commercially implausible, likely to cause consumer confusion, product of market-distorting, anti-competitive state subsidies and they say there is no underlying economic authority to serve the United States, that it would be an abuse of TSA pre-clearance in Abu Dhabi, that there is no clear public benefit. All in all But FAA just copy-pasted their claims in their decision not to grant Etihad-Air Serbia codeshare (which was a bit of a stretch, but probably intended as just a test, we'll see about Air Serbia-Air Berlin) even though no other carrier complained.

We'll see how things will evolve now as this decision will hit United and American that both had codeshare agreements with Jet. Also JetBlue is trying to forge a partnership with Etihad so they won't like all this either.
Someone should ask him about the bankruptcy protection.
Old February 5th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #1500
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62955

It looks like Saudi Arabian Airlines will mostly be ordering Boeing airplanes in the near future.

Quote:
Boeing and Saudi Arabian Airlines Holding Co. Sign Broad Collaboration Agreement

CHICAGO, Feb. 5, 2014 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Saudi Arabian Airlines Holding Co. (Saudia) yesterday signed a broad collaboration agreement allowing the companies to pursue possible partnership opportunities in the areas of defense and commercial aviation that will benefit customers and generate new business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

“We are pleased to sign this collaboration agreement with Boeing to support the transformation process Saudia is going through, and hope both Saudia and Boeing will get the anticipated commercial, economic and social benefits out of such collaboration,” said Khalid Almolhem, director general, Saudi Arabian Airlines.

Boeing and Saudia will explore areas of cooperation in pilot and aircraft maintenance training, rotorcraft support, management and leadership training and manufacturing focused on the expansion of local presence and aerospace skill development in country.

“This agreement builds on the well-established relationship between Boeing and Saudia and will enable us to enter into some exciting future business ventures,” said Jim O’Neill, president, Global Services & Support, Boeing Defense, Space & Security. “We look forward to collaborating with Saudia and expanding our training and service offerings for our customers.”
Boeing press release:
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/Boeing-a...tion-Agreement
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae