daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 5th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #1541
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

I guess seeing the interior of the Qatar A380, and 788 we can assume the same in the A350.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:58 AM   #1542
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 580

Most likely. The J class layout is good. What is QR's purpose of first class on the A380 though? They only have 15 A380's on order and with 8 seats in each one, that would probably mean just 120 passengers maximum flying each day. Even 120 is too high. On a good day, 50% of the cabin is occupied. Is there really a need to build lounges and infrastructure just for such few passengers? They are better off eliminating first class entirely.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #1543
Rayancito
Spanish Muslim

Likes (Received): 1143

Quote:
Middle East carriers’ demand soared 18.1 percent in January, far and away the strongest growth for any region.
Capacity climbed 15 percent versus the same month in 2013 and load factor climbed 2.2 percentage points to 81.1 percent, also the highest for any region.
The Middle East carriers are benefitting from the strength of regional economies and solid growth in business-related premium travel, supported by the performance of internationally trading industries and key economies such as Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
http://www.arabnews.com/news/535186
Rayancito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #1544
koolicon

Likes (Received): 57

Qatar's First Class makes no sense. Whats the point of having it just on A380? Most of Qatar's passengers are with connecting flights..whats the point of flying from LHR or CDG to DOH on first and then shift to business?

Unless they plan to put it on A350 and B777 its a waste of money and space..
koolicon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #1545
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolicon View Post
Qatar's First Class makes no sense. Whats the point of having it just on A380? Most of Qatar's passengers are with connecting flights..whats the point of flying from LHR or CDG to DOH on first and then shift to business?
You do know the primary users of QR F is not connecting passengers, but the Qatari royalty.
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #1546
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine View Post
You do know the primary users of QR F is not connecting passengers, but the Qatari royalty.
Qatar Royalty use the Qatar Amiri Flight. They don't travel with regular people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Amiri_Flight

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old March 6th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #1547
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

It seemed that, compared to Emirates, Qatar would put more emphasis to comfort and service, instead of cabin accessories. Their cabin design may not look as gaudy as Emirates. But it is definitely a class ahead of Emirates when it came about comfort.
Old March 7th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #1548
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
It seemed that, compared to Emirates, Qatar would put more emphasis to comfort and service, instead of cabin accessories. Their cabin design may not look as gaudy as Emirates. But it is definitely a class ahead of Emirates when it came about comfort.
Their service is better too. They have consistent service standards compared to EK which is sometimes good and other times bad. Maybe they spend more time training their crew than EK on good customer service.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Last edited by EmiratesAirline380; March 7th, 2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old March 7th, 2014, 04:11 AM   #1549
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Emirates's strong selling point, when they introduce flight to Indonesia in 1995, was its abundance of TV channel on its AVOD system (in their Airbus A310). I wonder if they still held the same reputation today?

When it came about cabin comfort, well, their Boeing 777 has 10 abreast configuration (compared to its rival who uses 9 abreast).
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #1550
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagus70 View Post
Emirates's strong selling point, when they introduce flight to Indonesia in 1995, was its abundance of TV channel on its AVOD system (in their Airbus A310). I wonder if they still held the same reputation today?

When it came about cabin comfort, well, their Boeing 777 has 10 abreast configuration (compared to its rival who uses 9 abreast).
It still is today. Emirates IFE is the industry leader. Nothing comes close and they keep expanding and updating the selection all the time. Now they are introducing 10.1 inch HD screens and huge screens in First and Business. I guess the management hope that the impressive IFE will compensate for the small seats.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old March 7th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #1551
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiratesAirline380 View Post
. I guess the management hope that the impressive IFE will compensate for the small seats.
If the flight lasted less than 4 hours, passengers would still tolerate them.
However, some of Emirates's longest flight are served by Boeing 777 with 10 abreast configuration, so I have no idea about the comfort level of such flight. Especially if you have to spend very long flight with narrow seats.
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #1552
killerk

Likes (Received): 1118

That exactly is one of the main differences I noticed between Emirates flights from Dubai to Houston and Qatar's Doha Houston flights...Qatar has a more comfortable 3-3-3 seating configuration unlike Emirates' 3-4-3...Also as EmiratesAirline380 mentioned Qatar's service is much better than that of Emirates!! However Emirates is better and cheaper for families with infants and has better food on long haul flights...AVOD entertainment was pretty much same for both and the experience of transiting through Dubai is much better than that at Doha (at least till the new airport opens there)...

However, Emirates still runs full even off-peak season unlike Qatar!!

One major reason for this probably is because Emirates fares seem more rational than that of Qatar's....Emirates will set their fares consistently at a reasonable rate and the fluctuation is minimal when they announce a sale....Qatar keeps their fare high most of the time and will announce a random 3 day sale that brings their fare way lower than Emirates (I have seen differences of more than $500 within 24 hrs for the same flight)...This works for people looking for air tickets during the peak season but off-peak season flights people just take the one that has the reasonable fare...A hundred dollar difference is not much for people here especially when it is not vacation time and when most fly alone/or for business and not with families!!

abhijith16 liked this post
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #1553
Seljuk

Likes (Received): 178

QR will launch Haneda with daily B787 flights from 18th June
Seljuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:44 AM   #1554
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
That exactly is one of the main differences I noticed between Emirates flights from Dubai to Houston and Qatar's Doha Houston flights...Qatar has a more comfortable 3-3-3 seating configuration unlike Emirates' 3-4-3...Also as EmiratesAirline380 mentioned Qatar's service is much better than that of Emirates!! However Emirates is better and cheaper for families with infants and has better food on long haul flights...AVOD entertainment was pretty much same for both and the experience of transiting through Dubai is much better than that at Doha (at least till the new airport opens there)...

However, Emirates still runs full even off-peak season unlike Qatar!!

One major reason for this probably is because Emirates fares seem more rational than that of Qatar's....Emirates will set their fares consistently at a reasonable rate and the fluctuation is minimal when they announce a sale....Qatar keeps their fare high most of the time and will announce a random 3 day sale that brings their fare way lower than Emirates (I have seen differences of more than $500 within 24 hrs for the same flight)...This works for people looking for air tickets during the peak season but off-peak season flights people just take the one that has the reasonable fare...A hundred dollar difference is not much for people here especially when it is not vacation time and when most fly alone/or for business and not with families!!
There was a story in a Sweedish newspaper about how QR treat their crew and it got lots of comments on airliners.net, and I feel like it doesn't tell the whole story. I was even tempted to make an account on that site and defend QR since much of the criticism seemed unfair.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/the-...qatar-airways/

The article seems so exaggerated, mainly cause if conditions were so bad at QR then most people would just leave. Also their service would be terrible since FA's would have little motivation to work hard if they were treated badly. Even the lady they interviewed stayed with the airline for years. If things were so terrible like she described, then why didn't she leave? I think she is really exaggerating things and making the airline look bad after she was probably fired for breaking some rules.

Yeah I've noticed the weird pricing with QR as well. They randomly have huge sales that allow you to save so much money. I think a few weeks ago they had a buy one get one free J class ticket! And they have multiple sales throughout the year to all destinations, compared to EK which barely has such big sales. But if you book many months in advance, QR is one of the higher priced airlines, but if you wait and book closer to the date of travel, then QR falls down to being one of the cheapest. I guess these are the 2 strategies these airlines use to fill up their planes.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old March 9th, 2014, 06:05 AM   #1555
cthighflyer

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
There was a story in a Sweedish newspaper about how QR treat their crew and it got lots of comments on airliners.net, and I feel like it doesn't tell the whole story. I was even tempted to make an account on that site and defend QR since much of the criticism seemed unfair.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/the-...qatar-airways/

The article seems so exaggerated, mainly cause if conditions were so bad at QR then most people would just leave. Also their service would be terrible since FA's would have little motivation to work hard if they were treated badly. Even the lady they interviewed stayed with the airline for years. If things were so terrible like she described, then why didn't she leave? I think she is really exaggerating things and making the airline look bad after she was probably fired for breaking some rules.

Yeah I've noticed the weird pricing with QR as well. They randomly have huge sales that allow you to save so much money. I think a few weeks ago they had a buy one get one free J class ticket! And they have multiple sales throughout the year to all destinations, compared to EK which barely has such big sales. But if you book many months in advance, QR is one of the higher priced airlines, but if you wait and book closer to the date of travel, then QR falls down to being one of the cheapest. I guess these are the 2 strategies these airlines use to fill up their planes.
The article is actually tame compared to what really happens

http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/befo...rways/175463/1
Old March 9th, 2014, 08:07 AM   #1556
EmiratesAirline380

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthighflyer View Post
The article is actually tame compared to what really happens

http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/befo...rways/175463/1
Wow, I take back everything I said. Working for them must be hell!

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

abhijith16 liked this post

Last edited by EmiratesAirline380; March 9th, 2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #1557
EmiratesAirline380

And here is their response:

Gulf airlines defend female cabin crew policies

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...cies-1.1301100

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

Old March 9th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #1558
chuboy

Likes (Received): 89

Not much of a defense.
chuboy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #1559
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Well, behind its lavish 5-star image, lay a darker images of Qatar airways....

There is no way the employees could provide excellent service if they're not happy about their workplace.
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #1560
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Quote:
And here is their response:

Gulf airlines defend female cabin crew policies

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...cies-1.1301100

From what I quoted below from the above link:

Quote:
At the ITB travel fair in Berlin, Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker reacted furiously to questions about the article
This really tell an ugly truth about the airline and its big boss.

Had it was untrue, he wouldn't have to reacted excessively.

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae