daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #141
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik01 View Post
Etihaad is planning daily TO-AbuDhabi flights in 2007.
That's what I heard, and they plan on using an A340-500. Would be nice to see another one of those in Toronto.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #142
TObermuda37
Canadian in Bermuda

Likes (Received): 0

I am looking forward to seeing them and many more carriers into Toronto very soon. Seems that the Middle Eastern carriers want into Toronto and there is a lot of investment coming this way now thanks to Four Seasons and Farimont which happen to be privately owned or majority controlled by Kingdom Hotels.

Look for more deals from the Middle East region in Canada since investments in the USofA are scrutinzed more publically than ever before.
TObermuda37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #143
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
I doubt very much that Emirates would fly to Vancouver first over Toronto (or even Montreal for that matter), especially non-stop. Straight from an Emirates Airlines employee, Emirates is likely to enter the Toronto market by summer of 2007 with 3 times weekly service. There was no clarity as to whether or not it would be direct or via Europe.
you are right, Im sure that the video I saw and the promos was just a mistake and the fact that you say its not so must mean its true, my and emirates appologies
emirates employees shmeirates employees, its the 2007 new destinations that are advertised in the emirates ticketing centre so read into it what you will, I know what i saw
Old November 17th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #144
Serm

Emirate VS Etihad flights

Quote:
Etihaad is planning daily TO-AbuDhabi flights in 2007.

I doubt both two Emirate and Etihad will have daily flight to Canadian city such as Toronto because tourists from Toronto do not travel to Emirate Arab country. I think very several passengers will ride on both airlines. it is waste money for flight with a lot of empty seats to or from Toronto. Why should both airline plans to fly direct to Canada instead of one of either two??
Serm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #145
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BOY View Post
you are right, Im sure that the video I saw and the promos was just a mistake and the fact that you say its not so must mean its true, my and emirates appologies
emirates employees shmeirates employees, its the 2007 new destinations that are advertised in the emirates ticketing centre so read into it what you will, I know what i saw
Well, I'm not trying to stir up any controversy, but I just spoke to a senior Emirates Airlines employee and I asked him if they would be starting a Vancouver run and the answer, without hesitation, was a flat out no. I asked him about Toronto and he said, "before the end of next year." Seems like the rumours are piling up in Toronto's favour to start a flight to Dubai.
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #146
nitzomoe
Scarebarian

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serm View Post
I doubt both two Emirate and Etihad will have daily flight to Canadian city such as Toronto because tourists from Toronto do not travel to Emirate Arab country. I think very several passengers will ride on both airlines. it is waste money for flight with a lot of empty seats to or from Toronto. Why should both airline plans to fly direct to Canada instead of one of either two??
this has been discussed in the last few pages and other threads, the main reason is that A LOT of southeast asians live in and around Toronto and travel frequently using a city of transit like london, JFK or in the case of Etihad Abu Dhabi, inf act Id wager thats the vast majority of loads on Etihaad. It would be in Emirates's best interests to enter into this lucrative market. Buy hey, if Vancouvers their choice, fine by me, you wont be seeing me flying to vancouver to catch an emirates flight.
nitzomoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM   #147
Alik01

Emirates Will come to Toronto First because GTA has a big SouthAsian/ME population and there is room to grow. There are lots of Canadians expats who work in ME. Just look at Etihaad, they started 3 flights a week which are booked months in advance. Etihaad is even starting daily flights from TO to UAE in 2007. Emirates will start 2-3 times a weeks flights first then expand later.
Alik01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:26 PM   #148
ACT7

Quote:
Emirates Will come to Toronto First because GTA has a big SouthAsian/ME population and there is room to grow. There are lots of Canadians expats who work in ME. Just look at Etihaad, they started 3 flights a week which are booked months in advance. Etihaad is even starting daily flights from TO to UAE in 2007. Emirates will start 2-3 times a weeks flights first then expand later.
That's exactly what I heard. One thing for Emirates to consider too...Etihad is slowly passing them in terms of passenger satisfaction, so hopefully they can get into the Toronto market before Etihad becomes so popular that they don't stand a chance.
Old December 8th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #149
ACT7

New Routes Planned ---according to the web site "flyertalk.com" Emirates Airlines are planning to begin new routes in 2007 to Newcastle UK, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Houston and Venice. The Toronto route is to begin with next winter's schedule period effective October 28th using a daily Boeing 777-300ER on the route linking Toronto with Dubai. This is subject to further confirmation of course.
Old December 8th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #150
nitzomoe
Scarebarian

Likes (Received): 1

the current agreement for UAE allows both one UAE airline and one canadian. It also allows for up to 6 flights a week for both airlines.

LINK

"for direct own aircraft services, up to a maximum of four flights per week in each direction without restriction as to size of aircraft effective immediately, five flights per week effective June 1, 2001 and six flights per week effective June 1, 2003."
nitzomoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #151
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzomoe View Post
the current agreement for UAE allows both one UAE airline and one canadian. It also allows for up to 6 flights a week for both airlines.

LINK

"for direct own aircraft services, up to a maximum of four flights per week in each direction without restriction as to size of aircraft effective immediately, five flights per week effective June 1, 2001 and six flights per week effective June 1, 2003."
It's awesome news all 'round!!
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:01 AM   #152
DG
Emirian Lady

Likes (Received): 4

there is a proposal for Dubai-Buenos Aires route also.
DG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:32 AM   #153
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10397

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzomoe View Post

LINK

Great, hopefully my relatives (who live in both Toronto and Dubai) could go nonstop...
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #154
Alik01

A lots of airlines wants to come to Toronto but they cant because our govt. is so protective of Air Canada. We only have two open skies agreements with USA/UK. While the US have agreements with over 77 countries. Thats why Canadians have to pay a lot more and have much less choice in airlines.

It about time the govt open the market and let the best survive.
Alik01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #155
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18174

But AC doesn't fly to UAE at the moment, hence competition may not be a huge issue.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #156
wiki

Likes (Received): 18

wao emirates its has of the highest growth in the world just like dubai does
wiki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #157
spongeg

Likes (Received): 1738

despite what people say Toronto is the #1 destination for most immigrants to Canada - hence why they will get and continue to get the most airlines landing there
spongeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #158
ACT7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeg View Post
despite what people say Toronto is the #1 destination for most immigrants to Canada - hence why they will get and continue to get the most airlines landing there
True dat! There's really not a more attractive market in Canada for airlines than Toronto. It's just good business sense.
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #159
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACT7 View Post
True dat! There's really not a more attractive market in Canada for airlines than Toronto. It's just good business sense.
Actually, it's split. Asian carriers tend to fly to Vancouver as their only Canadian destination. Not that many fly to both coasts.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #160
Filip
Torontonian 4ever

Likes (Received): 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Actually, it's split. Asian carriers tend to fly to Vancouver as their only Canadian destination. Not that many fly to both coasts.
Doesn't make a difference.. Those carriers will most likely expand to Toronto in the near future, while many lucrative international airlines will stay away from Vancouver because it doesn't have nearly the international pull of Toronto.
Filip no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abu dhabi, dubai, emirates, gcc, middle eastern airlines, oneworld, qatar, uae