daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #3021
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10909

Quote:
Originally Posted by 437.001 View Post
[note: Gusiluz is an insider, so he's a source himself, and he's also one of our finest forumers. Pity that his English isn't top notch...]:

437.001 is too good to me, thank you!

There are currently no train procurement contracts, there are only a budgeted amounts in 2014. All in standard gauge fixed width:

-13 trains to 220 km/h dual voltage is assumed that for the Mediterranean Corridor Alicante-Barcelona. Year 2015. Which will not be met on that date.
-10 for commuter trains bitension Murcia-Alicante. Year 2015. Is unclear because maybe necessary infrastructure is not built.
-About 30 trains to 330 km/h tritensión to connect the Mediterranean Corridor with France. Year 2017.

CAF currently devotes much of its production (trams, metro, commuter and regional, high speed has sold to Arabia and Turkey) abroad. Already have assumed that Renfe will not buy as before.

"baggy graphics" means, for example, spend 29 trains S-121 only release 12 services daily return and several trains departing on Saturday and return on Sunday; the other days little work.

A greeting, and sorry for my bad English, i think I'd better spend the numbers better than literature.

Last edited by Gusiluz; September 10th, 2014 at 03:21 PM.
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #3022
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
437.001 is too good to me, thank you!
We learn a lot with you.

Quote:
There are currently no train procurement contracts, there are only a budgeted amounts in 2014. All in standard gauge fixed width:

-13 trains to 220 km/h dual voltage is assumed that for the Mediterranean Corridor Alicante-Barcelona. Year 2015. Which will not be met on that date.
-10 for commuter trains bitension Murcia-Alicante. Year 2015. Is unclear because maybe necessary infrastructure is not built.
-About 30 trains to 330 km/h tritensión to connect the Mediterranean Corridor with France. Year 2017.

CAF currently devotes much of its production (trams, metro, commuter and regional, high speed has sold to Arabia and Turkey) abroad. Already have assumed that Renfe will not buy as before.

"baggy graphics" means, for example, spend 29 trains S-121 only release 12 services daily return and several trains departing on Saturday and return on Sunday; the other days little work.
The correct term would be "loose route chart", I guess...

Quote:
A greeting, and sorry for my bad English, i think I'd better spend the numbers better than literature.
Nevermind. I'll fix your posts if I can.

Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
437.001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #3023
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

CAF and to some extent Talgo becoming strong exporters of products of high added value is a significant positive side effect of the Spanish rail boom. More of that in other sectors and Spanish economy will not be as susceptible to regular financial crises in the future.

437.001 liked this post
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #3024
Sunfuns

I'm reading in several places that there will be many newly opened lines in Spain next year. That would include Santiago-Vigo (March), Seville-Cadiz, Olmedo-Zamora and Valladolid-Leon/Burgos. Possibly also commissioning of one bore of Pajares base tunnel.
Old September 20th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #3025
dirdam

Likes (Received): 5692

That's what the government announces, but it's impossible to finish the works of Burgos HSL the next year.
dirdam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #3026
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Yes, in press talking about 1,000 km.
I do not sale that amount and do not know the detail, these are my accounts:

-LAV (High Speed ​​Line) new 350 km / h, operated at 300:
098.6 km Olmedo-Zamora (Madrid-Valladolid branch towards Galicia)
166.6 km Leon-Valladolid
089.9 km Venta de Baños-Burgos (branch Leon-Valladolid, impossible in 2015 by problems in the tunnel of Estépar)
080.0 km San Isidro-Murcia (Madrid-Alicante branch)
049.7 km Pajares variant, line León-Gijón (only single tube, leak problems, with Iberian gauge, very difficult in 2015)

-Reform Old lines (doubling route variants, 200 km / h with Iberian gauge): 093.9 km Santiago-Vigo
034.8 km of missing section between Seville and Cadiz. The rest, up to 153 km, is already in service.

-Others:
160.0 km Plasencia-Badajoz (non-electrified)
217.0 km Palencia-Santander (renewal of track and catenary compensation, maximum: 155 km / h)
076.9 km Medina-Salamanca (only electrification, trains 121 series running with variable gauge only from Madrid)

For the first time there will be single track LAVs.

In 2015 there will be local and general elections

Klausenburg liked this post
Old September 20th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #3027
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Missing mention several sections adaptation of the existing line to the third rail, as Antequera-Granada and Valencia-Castellbisbal (in this line no one knows what to do: standard gauge, Iberian, mixed?).
This will allow the arrival of AVE trains to Granada and Castellón width unchanged.
It was a question very, very difficult, foul short time but many things are unknown.

We believe that Murcia will the S-100, to S-102 Granada (S-112 from Barcelona), to Zamora the S-114, Leon the S-112, Salamanca the S-121 and for Badajoz the Talgo VI with locomotive 334 series.
Faltaba mencionar varios tramos de adaptación de la línea existente al tercer carril, como Antequera-Granada y Valencia-Castellbisbal (en esta línea nadie sabe lo que van a hacer: ¿ancho estándar, ibérico, mixto?).
Ello posibilitará la llegada de trenes AVE a Granada y Castellón sin cambiar de ancho.
Era una pregunta muy, pero que muy dificil, falta poco tiempo pero se desconocen muchas cosas..
Creemos que a Murcia irán los S-100, a Granada los S-102 (S-112 desde Barcelona), a Zamora los S-114, a León los S-112, a Salamanca los S-121 y a Badajoz los Talgo VI con locomotoras S-334.

Klausenburg liked this post
Old September 20th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #3028
Sunfuns

Quote:
Missing mention several sections adaptation of the existing line to the third rail, as Antequera-Granada and Valencia-Castellbisbal (in this line no one knows what to do: standard gauge, Iberian, mixed?).
Changing the entire coastal line to standard gauge seems logical to me, but maybe costs too much.

Also how about Valencia-Alicante stretch? I was under impression that this stretch is also very close to finished. On the other hand I was not aware of line to Badajoz being close to ready. That line has rarely been mentioned here.

P.S. Thanks for the list. A lot more clear and probably more accurate as well than media articles.
Old September 21st, 2014, 12:46 AM   #3029
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

If only standard width is set in the Mediterranean Corridor could not move the goods from the rest of Spain. The last thing I noted, for now, because it changes every so often, is:

Castellbisbal-Vilaseca: two mixed tracks 97.0 km
Vilaseca-Tarragona 9.2 km two standard tracks 25 kV
Vilaseca-Vandellós: 30.0 km standard (mixed in phase 2) multipurpose 3 kV
Vandellós-Castellón: 167.1 km one track standard and other mixed
Castellón-Sagunto: 40.9 km one track standard and other mixed 160 km / h
Sagunto-Valencia 28.3 km two tracks mixed
Valencia-La Encina: 90.0 km two tracks standard
It just tender a gauge changer in the Nudo de La Encina.

Very, very complicated

Note: Mixed = third rail
Si solo se pone ancho estandar en el Corredor Mediterráneo no podrían circular los mercancías desde el resto de España. Lo último que tengo apuntado, de momento, porque cambia cada poco tiempo, es:
Castellbisbal-Vilaseca: 97,0 km dos vías mixtas
Vilaseca-Tarragona: 9,2 km dos vías estándar 25 kV
Vilaseca-Vandellós: 30,0 km estándar (y mixta 2ª Fase) 3 kV polivalente
Vandellós-Castellón: 167,1 km estándar y mixta
Castellón-Sagunto: 40,9 km estándar y mixta 160 km/h
Sagunto-Valencia: 28,3 km dos vías mixtas
Valencia-La Encina: 90,0 km dos vías estándar
Se acaba de licitar un cambiador de ancho en el Nudo de La Encina.

Muy, muy complicado.

Nota: mixta = tercer carril

arnau_Vic, Klausenburg liked this post
Old September 24th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #3030
Richard_P

Likes (Received): 2586

From today RGI:
Quote:
Development Minister Ana Pastor announced at the opening of InnoTrans on September 23 that national operator RENFE would order 30 more high speed trains over the next four years. Orders for a further 10 gauge-convertible trainsets would also be placed, she said.
Does anyone have any idea for what connections does RENFE needs those trains? Or it is just order to keep train manufacturers busy? I am asking because at present there are some free HS trains which should be accessible for open access operators (at least newspapers suggested that). I can only speculate that S-100 are already in "legal" age of over 18 and thus nears complete rebuild or replacement.
Richard_P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #3031
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Well, we took about 20 posts talking about it.
The announcement marks some changes on the budget:

Quote:

The change in material standard gauge fixed for variable gauge trains suggests that not trusted to continue to Murcia-France line completely in that wide. So the new changer in the Nudo de la Encina, mentioned above on this page.

The S-100 entered service between 1992 and 1997, and have been renovated in 2009/2013, so it should last until 2022/2027.
The only, until you see if it works well, private operator has available 7 S-100, S-120 12 and 10 S-490 (counting only HST), but we believe that growth will be mainly at the expense of Renfe.
New lines for 2015 are extensions of existing materials that need little more.

In Spain some think it is an election advertisement, which is to benefit the manufacturers and evil-minded will serve to benefit the private operators.
El cambio de material de ancho estándar fijo por trenes de ancho variable parece indicar que no se confía en dar continuidad a una línea Murcia-Francia completamente en ese ancho. Por eso el nuevo cambiador en el Nudo de la Encina, ya mencionado en esta misma página.
Los S-100 entraron en servicio entre 1992 y 1997, y han sido reformados en 2009/2013, así que deberán durar hasta 2022/2027.
El único, hasta que se vea si funciona bien, operador privado tiene a su disposición 7 S-100, 12 S-120 y 10 S-490 (contando solo HST), pero creemos que su crecimiento será principalmente a costa de Renfe.
Las nuevas líneas para 2015 son ampliaciones de las existentes que necesitarán muy poco material más.
En España algunos piensan que es un anuncio electoral, otros que es para beneficiar a los fabricantes y los malpensados que servirá para beneficiar a los operadores privados.

Richard_P, solchante liked this post
Old September 29th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #3032
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 186

Girona HSR station yesterday during heavy raining, they forgot (cut it out of the budget) to build proper drainage

gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #3033
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Oy. Just Oy.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 11:35 PM   #3034
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

The tunnel between the station and the north exit remains closed. There are still about 4 meters of water in 1 km of tracks.

Presumably the water entered to the tunnel when a small wall collapsed. This water from a small river has entered through the south hole who remains opened 20 months after the inauguration of the High Speed Line.

Old image but the hole is at the same place. The small river Güell (moved) get back to its original way.

The "wall" who divides the river and the hole.

More graphics and images in the news report (in catalan) here.

After three days, the owner of the tracks, ADIF, has requested assistance to the army... but ADIF blame the sewer of the city this problem... three days after the incident.

Mark Spain

Last edited by Sr.Horn; October 2nd, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:07 AM   #3035
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 186

Unbelivable incompetence led to this mess, and now they blame Girona city for their own %$&!$

The urban runoff from which this water originated was there before they built the damn tunnel, it was even there when they built the railroad bridge 40 years ago. Of cause it is not Gironas fault that the contractor working for ADIF was so unbelivably incompetent that they built a simple brickwall to contain the spillwater

And to call this an exeptional weather event is laughable, that it hasn't happened for 30 years in Girona city doesn't mean it don't happen on almost a yearly basis in the local region. It rained 123 mm, exceptional would have been in excess of 200 mm atleast.

And to think I once though that ADIF actually was a competent organization, but now, it is just piling up, Abdalajís, Pajares, Santiago de Compostela, and now this one, just one **** up after the other.

An image say more than a thousand words, and this just show what kind of level they are operating at, a 14 year old 8th grader could figure out that you can't build a bloody brickwall to contain running spillwater, this is criminal incompetence.

Last edited by gincan; October 2nd, 2014 at 12:23 AM.
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 07:28 PM   #3036
Richard_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJ
Rail investment is expected to reach €5.2bn in 2015, representing 54% of the €9.6bn transport budget.
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=537

Interesting article basically confirming continuation of presently progressing HSR investments. It also states that:
Quote:
Other major investments include the conversion of broad-gauge track to dual-gauge on the Tarragona – Valencia Mediterranean corridor, as well as the extension of the high-speed line from Alicante to Murcia, which has been allocated €900m in the budget.
but that may be mistake as (as far as I know) till now full conversion to UIC gauge was considered.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM   #3037
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

Well, supposedly the original plans where to convert to UIC gauge the stretch from Castellón to Tarragona. Most the other stretches along the Mediterranean Corridorwere expected to be converted into dual gauge in some way. The discussion now is that the only pure UIC gauge is going to be reconsidered as some companies don't want to get adapted to the new situation... anyway, nothing is clear by now...

Last edited by Reivajar; October 2nd, 2014 at 09:09 PM.
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:01 PM   #3038
I(L)WTC
Cono Sur ♥

Likes (Received): 8763

Spanish quality

GRIDO Emblema de la decada ganada

I(L)WTC liked this post
I(L)WTC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:02 AM   #3039
dirdam

Likes (Received): 5692

[offtopic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by I(L)WTC View Post
Spanish quality
Argentinian quality:

http://www.soyferroviario.com.ar/ind...s-ferroviarias

[/offtopic]
Old October 3rd, 2014, 03:42 PM   #3040
Richard_P

Today IRJ writes about flooding in Girona
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJ
AVE and Avant passengers can use regional trains to reach Figueres from Girona via the conventional line, while passengers travelling to and from France are forced to use buses to reach Perpignan as TGV services will not operate across the border while the line through Girona is closed.
I am wondering why HS connections were cancelled as UIC gauge trains can use third rail track to bypass flooded section. Is it because of capacity constrains (only one track available) or because 3 kV DC voltage trains shortage?

Tags
adif, ave, high speed rail, spain in the world, valencia, zaragoza