daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #3081
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10909

The electrification of Salamanca (25 kV) be completed before the HSL to Zamora.

Red line: Iberian gauge
Blue line: standard gauge (HSR)
Green line: width mixed of third rail from Olmedo, HSL from Madrid (comes from a line of tests and from 2015 will serve for maintenance base of Olmedo)

You can see that drawing is not my forte, as well as English.
Sorry

Coccodrillo, Sunfuns liked this post

Last edited by Gusiluz; December 14th, 2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Mistake in colors. Thanks, Sunfuns
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #3082
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Thanks, your drawing is perfectly clear.

Only you mislabelled lines with red being Iberian gauge and blue standard.

It's too late for that now, but looking at this satellite image it seems that it was feasible to run HS line through the city at the spot where the two red lines merge before the current station.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #3083
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Gracias para tuyos mensajes Gusiluz!

A far better location for the high-speed station would have been on the line to Madrid (on the bottom left).

The green line is an old line converted to dual gauge, used for tests and by Madrid-Galicia trains that change gauge in a cambiador (as far I remember, it is not located at the white square where the green line becomes red, but forther out of the city).

It is a shame that Spanish build technically fantastic lines, but then make so big mistakes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
It's too late for that now, but looking at this satellite image it seems that it was feasible to run HS line through the city at the spot where the two red lines merge before the current station.
If you are thinking about the white strip, that's a river (likely often dry, as seen in Google Maps and Street View images).

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #3084
Sunfuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
A far better location for the high-speed station would have been on the line to Madrid (on the bottom left).
Yes, of course that would be a better solution than currently envisaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
If you are thinking about the white strip, that's a river (likely often dry, as seen in Google Maps and Street View images).
I didn't know what it's a river, but I was actually thinking that the distance between agricultural land on one side and another around the area where Gusiluz draw both red lines merging is very small. Hard to say without a scale but doesn't seem to be more than 0.5 km. If the entire blue line had been built above the green line it would have been possible to combine HS and conventional station in one. A short tunnel (300-400 m) might have been needed as well.
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #3085
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Yes, that's where the changer is.

To get a better idea, I will bring the kilometer posts on Wikipedia (in spanish):
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alta_v...alta_velocidad

Search: Olmedo-Zamora (¿2015?)

Added:
Yes, is Zapardiel River, which is always dry, except in the television series Elizabeh the Catholic

Last edited by Gusiluz; December 14th, 2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Add to
Old January 17th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #3086
Sunfuns

http://www.globalrailnews.com/blog/2...-ave-services/

According to this article long distance train traffic including AVE increased 15.9% last year to 29.6 million passengers. Revenue rose by 6.1%.
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:22 PM   #3087
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Yes, this is the evolution of long-distance travelers (includes Ave, Alvia and conventional, but no: Avant, short distance HS).

2005 / 17.707 / + 3.28%
2006 / 18.231 / + 2.96%
2007 / 18,596 / + 2.00%
2008 / 23,255 / + 25.05%
2009 / 23.098 / - 0.68%
2010 / 22.193 / - 3.92%
2011 / 22.832 / + 2.88%
2012 / 22.349 / - 2.12%
2013 / 25.602 / + 14.56%
2014 / 29.670 / + 15.89%

Nowhere talk about real travelers HS: Ave + Avant + Alvia circulating on HSR, but I think it will be 28 million in 2013, about 33.5/34 in 2014.

solchante, Richard_P, JLForo liked this post
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:32 PM   #3088
Sunfuns

Those are quite detailed tables. Do you maybe also have some information about individual HS lines? For example traffic on which line has grown the most and on which the least?
Old January 17th, 2015, 01:47 PM   #3089
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

The subject of the data is very bad, never give long series.

Data AVE only in "millions of travelers / km":

"M" is Madrid, "BCN" is Barcelona. Madrid-Valencia was inaugurated in December.

Data Long Distance (AVE and conventional) 2013/2012 in "Traveling":

No data from 2014, only the monthly variation.

Richard_P, JLForo liked this post
Old January 17th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #3090
franciscoc

Likes (Received): 1501

It is a ridiculous figure of passenger for the second largest network of high-speed in the world. An infrastructure plan based on megalomania leads to this.
The Spanish debt before the financial crisis was 36% of GDP and is now 100%. ADIF has a debt of 17,360 million euros and 282 million loss a year (the income of high-speed lines in Spain do not cover the maintenance of the line). The country has more important needs.

I(L)WTC liked this post
franciscoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #3091
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

One thing is the opinions -which respect, they are of each one- and otherwise are the asserts, and that I do have something to say.
Don´t have, to my knowledge, official figures over the cost of maintaining the HSR in Spain, so I put mine (year 2013/2014): € 87,000 average, including tunnels.

As for payments for IM revenues, since 2011 no segregated data because not publish the FC´s Observatory. In that year Renfe paid M € 244.42 fees for the AVE services, and the HSR were 2,063.584 km (Galicia was opened on December 11), so are € 118,444 per km without count the Avant nor Alvia by HSR. And since then IM revenues have risen sharply.

In 2013 Renfe paid M € 374.81 for all Commercial Services, which includes many km-train over conventional lines, paying little canon (in 2011 only paid 15% of all Commercial Services), and exclude Avant. Still, if we divide 85% of royalties (M 318,59) between the km of HSR (including Toledo and Galicia, can not include more: 2,372.086 km), the resulting amount is € 134,307 per km.
Can not say the same for the trains on conventional lines: there fees are symbolic. In the media say other things, but do not explain as to what these accounts.

I am not alone, there are others who put data on the table, for example, the UIC:

Where you can see that virtually all HSR enter more of this maintenance costs.
Make use to see him here, because not see it in the media.

Mention the debt that was before the crisis and now, as if investments in HSR would have occurred only between those years (it is just the opposite: they have stopped between 2010 and 2013) I think a blunder when supporting their arguments.
But there is an issue with debt. It turns out that if the Ministry of Public Works and Transports reversed, for example, on a highway, is an investment; the Ministry of Public Works and Transports has no debt, investments are assumed by the State, as seems good to me. But if the Ministry of Public Works and Transports reversed, for example, a railway line, is no longer an investment: is an expense, and is computed as the ADIF debt.
I do not usually express opinions, but make an exception: it does not seem fair; as a taxpayer I do not care to invest in a highway or in a railroad, the accounting treatment should be the same.
Una cosa son las opiniones -las cuales respeto, pues son de cada uno- y otra cosa son las afirmaciones, y ahí sí que tengo algo que decir.
No hay, que yo sepa, cifras oficiales sobre el coste del mantenimiento de las HSR en España, así que pongo las mías (años 2013/2014): 87.000 € de media, incluyendo túneles.
En cuanto a los pagos por cánones, desde 2011 no hay datos segregados porque no se publican los del Observatorio del FC. En ese año Renfe pagó 244,42 M € de cánones por los servicios AVE, y los km de HSR eran 2.063,584 (Galicia se inauguró el 11 de diciembre), así que resultan 118.444 € por km sin incluir ni los Avant ni los Alvia por HSR. Y desde entonces solo han hecho que subir.
En 2013 Renfe pagó 374,81 M € por todos los Servicios Comerciales, lo cual incluye muchos km-tren recorridos por líneas convencionales, que pagan muy poco canon (en 2011 solo pagaron el 15% de todos los Servicios Comerciales), y excluyen los Avant. Aún así, si dividimos el 85% de los cánones (318,59 M) entre los km de HSR (incluyendo Toledo y Galicia, no se puede incluir más: 2.372,086 km), la cantidad resultante es de 134.307 € por km.
No se puede decir lo mismo de los trenes que circulan por las líneas convencionales: allí los cánones son simbólicos. En los medios dicen otras cosas, pero no explican de dónde salen las cuentas.
No soy yo solo, también hay otros que ponen datos encima de la mesa, por ejemplo: la UIC:
Donde se puede ver que, prácticamente, todas las HSR ingresan más que sus costes de mantenimiento.
Aprovéchense a verlo aquí, porque no lo verán en los medios.
Mencionar la deuda que había antes de la crisis y ahora, como si las inversiones en HSR se hubiesen producido solo entre esos años (es justo al contrario: han estado paradas entre 2010 y 2013) me parece una torpeza a la hora de apoyar sus argumentos.
Pero hay un tema importante con la deuda. Resulta que si el ministerio de Fomento invierte, por ejemplo, en una autovía, es una inversión; Fomento no tiene deuda, sus inversiones son asumidas por el Estado, y a mí me parece bien. Pero si el ministerio de Fomento invierte, por ejemplo, en una línea férrea, ya no es una inversión, es un gasto, y se computa como deuda del ADIF.
No suelo expresar opiniones, pero haré una excepción: no me parece justo; como contribuyente me da lo mismo que se invierta en una autovía o en una línea férrea, el trato contable debería ser el mismo.
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:00 PM   #3092
Sunfuns

So you are saying that it costs on average 87,000 euros to maintain a km of Spanish HSR including traffic control, communications etc, right? That's more than I would have guessed. Do you know how much more it is than a maintenance of a classical line?

Your last table also shows that Paris-Lyon and Paris-London still dominate European HS market in terms of revenues and profits.
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:14 PM   #3093
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Yes, counting everything that can be counted, including control centers for all lines.

Strange as it may seem, the only statistic that I found says otherwise:

Well, keep in mind that conventional lines sometimes are not electrified, and are older.
Also keep in mind that says: "Kms of single track"; keep in mind that there are costs as part of signaling, control and communications, which are the same for both double track to single track.

Sí, contando todo lo que se puede contar, incluyendo los centros de control para el conjunto de líneas.
Por extraño que pueda parecer, la única estadística que he encontrado dice lo contrario:
Bueno, hay que tener en cuenta que las líneas convencionales, a veces, no están electrificadas, y son más antiguas.
También hay que tener en cuenta que pone: "gastos por km de vía única"; hay que tener en cuenta que hay gastos, como parte de la señalización, el control y las comunicaciones, que son iguales tanto para vía doble como para vía única.

solchante liked this post
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:25 PM   #3094
Sunfuns

Wow, that's totally unexpected. I guess modern electronic signalling is cheaper to maintain than the old line-side one and modern electrification system is more efficient as well. Why would track maintenance be higher is not clear…

Also curious is the huge spread of maintenance costs of HSR between countries, much more than would be expected by differences in labour costs. Somehow Italians do it 6x cheaper than the Dutch…
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:46 PM   #3095
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

In Italy there are a lot of slab track and have not had communications. No way to find homogeneous statistics.

Here I explain in detail the maintenance but unfortunately it is in Spanish and I have to go. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
De nada sirve tener una de las flotas más potentes del mundo si los carriles -que es como prefieren llamarlos los ferroviarios- no están en perfecto estado de revista. Y por perfecto estado se entienden desniveles de milímetros, que marcan la diferencia entre circular a 300 km/h y no poder hacerlo.
Su trabajo se apoya en una herramienta básica, el tren dinámico, que recorre la línea en ambos sentidos al menos una vez al mes. Está equipado con un laboratorio, cuyos instrumentos perciben los mismos movimientos que los viajeros, a causa, por ejemplo, de una traviesa que no esté bien puesta.
Los sensores recopilan los datos y los transmiten a un ordenador, que muestra la vía como si fuera un electrocardiograma. Los fallos aparecen en la gráfica en función de los puntos kilométricos y de los rangos de velocidad de cada uno de ellos. El programa marca los puntos negros, y a continuación, durante el día, operarios acuden los lugares señalados virtualmente, los inspeccionan in situ y hacen un informe sobre el problema real que se ha detectado.
De forma complementaria, los técnicos de Adif y los de la empresa que se ocupa de la asistencia técnica, Ineco, hacen un viaje en la cabina de un AVE de línea convencional, al menos una vez al mes (con más frecuencia cuando hay lluvias torrenciales o incidencias meteorológicas). En este trayecto llevan consigo el listado de defectos y los comprueban en marcha para ver exactamente a qué se deben.
Llegados a este punto, toca trabajar de madrugada, la llamada banda de mantenimiento va desde la medianoche hasta las 5:00 de la mañana, puesto que los operarios tienen que esperar hasta la llegada del último tren para poder ocupar las líneas con seguridad. La maquinaria que se emplea para la mayoría de las tareas se denomina “grupo BCP”, acrónimo de bateadora, compactadora y perfiladora. Básicamente, se trata de tres vagones equipados con herramientas de precisión, específicas para solucionar problemas en el balasto, los raíles y las traviesas.
La bateadora es la que aporta la calidad a la vía, pues la nivela. Primero se le introducen los datos de topografía: por ejemplo, en un punto concreto puede ser necesario subir el carril cuatro milímetros. La máquina por sí sola engancha los raíles, los sube y mete piedra debajo, con ayuda de unas potentes palas. A esta acción se le denomina batear. Luego obtiene una gráfica del antes y el después. “Es una maquinaria muy robusta que hace un trabajo muy fino, con una gran precisión”, recalca el jefe de la base.
En segundo lugar, le toca trabajar a la perfiladora, que asegura la cantidad de rocas necesarias en cada punto para que la vía no se deforme. Gracias a unas grandes aspas acumula las piezas y las arrima lateralmente. Además, una tolva recoge las que no están en su sitio y las vuelve a depositar en las zonas donde hace falta.
Por último, entra en acción la máquina compactadora, también llamada estabilizador dinámico, que reproduce el efecto de la circulación masiva sobre los carriles, aplicando en cuestión de segundos toneladas de presión. “Es como un terremoto, que simula el paso de decenas de trenes de alta velocidad”.
Todavía después de actuar con estos sistemas avanzados, grupos de operarios tienen que realizar a mano diversas tareas, por ejemplo, para ajustar el cableado del LZB que sirve la información a los trenes en marcha. También se emplean herramientas específicas para intervenir en altura, tales como el arreglo de la catenaria.
En ocasiones es necesario reponer con balasto nuevo el que se va perdiendo o que está desgastado. La piedra que se utiliza es roca ofita, que en el caso de la línea de Málaga procede de una cantera de Guadix. Las vías de alta velocidad no tienen juntas de dilatación (salvo en los viaductos), sino que se constituyen de una barra continua soldada. La dilatación del hierro se tiene que compensar con el peso de la traviesa, el rozamiento de los trenes y el contrapeso de la banqueta de piedra, para que no se pueda desplazar lateralmente. De ahí que entre los fallos más habituales que se detectan esté la aparición de traviesas desniveladas y soldaduras desplazadas, que causan que el convoy, al pasar, se encuentre una especie de bache y las ruedas den golpes. Después de cada tarea de mantenimiento se realiza una revisión a fondo de todo el campo de trabajo, para evitar que queden obstáculos.
A la faceta preventiva se une una labor de control de las vías que se desarrolla durante las 24 horas todos los días del año. La principal amenaza en esta zona son las lluvias torrenciales durante el invierno, una época en la que el trabajo de los técnicos de Adif se multiplica, para estar preparados en caso de que los carriles se inunden. Para ello, también utilizan herramientas tales como los aforadores de las presas, que se pueden consultar por Internet.
La base de mantenimiento de Adif en Antequera cuenta con 49 operarios que están destinados a la puesta a punto de los carriles entre Córdoba y Málaga, apoyados en una maquinaria muy precisa. Los túneles tienen su propio equipo de trabajo. A estos profesionales también corresponde la potestad de determinar las limitaciones de velocidad, en caso necesario, o que el convoy cambie de una vía a la otra.
En Italia hay mucha vía en placa y no han contado las comunicaciones. No hay forma de encontrar estadísticas homogéneas.
Aquí explico de forma detallada las labores de mantenimiento pero, desgraciadamente, está en español y tengo que irme. Si tienen alguna duda no duden en preguntar.

Jordbcn liked this post
Old January 18th, 2015, 12:53 PM   #3096
franciscoc

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/...ps694f9907.jpg

In this link you can see investment in rail of different countries in Europe
Please note in the Spanish case:
geometric -progresión investment in rail since 2000
if we increase the data from the beginning of the crisis, disheartening, and seeing the reverse path of social policies (education, health, pensions ....) and investment of nearly all other countries
if we see the percentage of investment to GDP since the beginning of the crisis and compared with other countries, scandalous

investment in high speed has not been standing with the crisis.
This year we will spend almost four billion euros

Last edited by franciscoc; January 18th, 2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old January 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #3097
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

I know him, indeed, what I posted myself on this forum (there is only click on the image). It is seen that I'm the only one of the two that provides data. At least she could put the source

Finally, after data showing that his statement (the income of high-speed lines in Spain do not cover the maintenance of the line) was not true, I'm not going to continue their discussion that will surely end up in politics ().
I participate in these forums because I like trains, but my patience has a limit and now have better things to do.
Goodbye!.

Lo conozco, es más, lo he publicado yo mismo en este Foro (no hay más que pinchar en la imagen). Está visto que soy el único de los dos que aporta datos. Al menos podía poner la fuente.
En fin, después de mostrar con datos que su afirmación (los ingresos no cubren el mantenimiento) no era cierta, tampoco voy a continuar su discusión que, seguramente, terminaría en la política.
Yo participo en estos foros porque me gustan los trenes, pero mi paciencia tiene un límite y ahora tengo mejores cosas que hacer.
Adiós.

solchante liked this post
Old January 18th, 2015, 01:43 PM   #3098
franciscoc

Please do not demagoguery
I'm getting data perfectly
You say that the investments have been standing with the crisis and is absolutely false and I have shown you data
Just compare the extent of the network and the number of passengers with simililares data from Germany, France, Japan ...
There is a very strong lobby and railway construction, recognized by the Minister
Several senior managers of ADIF charged with corruption
Old January 18th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #3099
Sunfuns

No matter what is decided to be done with a public money there will always be someone who thinks that something completely different should have been done. Semi political discussion about HSR you really better move to Spanish speaking section. We only have one thread here and are more interested in technical aspects of the system.

Zero Gravity liked this post
Old January 19th, 2015, 05:34 PM   #3100
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15444

Madrid-Galicia HSL (section Zamora-Ourense).

Two images taken next to A Mezquita-Vilavella station on the classic line. It's a bit cold, these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agüelo View Post

dimlys1994, pai nosso liked this post

Last edited by 437.001; January 19th, 2015 at 06:28 PM.
437.001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
adif, ave, high speed rail, spain in the world, valencia, zaragoza