daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #661
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

A new service Zaragoza-Calatayud-Madrid on Avant will be set soon. 30 euro (half price) and a few slower (1h45 against current 1h20m) than AVE.

Only one per day... but let's wait for passengers's response

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #662
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 766

Will it stop in Guadalajara Yebes?

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #663
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

No, but they should.

The demand Madrid-Zaragoza is higher than Zaragoza-Barcelona. So then, instead of reinforcing trains, double composition or so on, they put Madrid-Calatayud-Zaragoza (which will take some passengers of other trains) and will leave morea seats in the Madrid-Barcelona.

Looking at proposal I do not know why they wouldn't stop at Guadalajara as far as it is a train that runs on mornings and returns on middle evening.

Old November 11th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #664
33Hz

Likes (Received): 47

Adif, Renfe start tests on Barcelona - Figueres high-speed line
33Hz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:44 PM   #665
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 20138

Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:17 AM   #666
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5955

What starts as a nice but a bit naive looking report turns out to be a really good and balanced one. High Speed Rail as it says is no magic bullet, but its a great achievement nonetheless.
Old December 1st, 2012, 09:30 PM   #667
Xoser_barcelona

Likes (Received): 47

La Sargera TAV | High-speed train station under construction in Barcelona – 01/12/2012

A couple of months ago I shared some of my pics here of the Sagrera TAV building site, Barcelona biggest singular building site and home to its main station for Local, regional and international train traffic. Planned for opening most likely at the dawn of the age of Aquarius, currently the site remains a hustle and bustle of builders, engineers and their machines. And all that while normal train traffic towards Barcelona’s suburbs and other regional and international destinations continues, supposedly without many more disruptions to travelers and schedules than is normally the case. (As I commute to work by car, I don’t really notice rail congestion).

As the LAV towards France will finally see regular high-speed traffic from April 2013 onwards (let’s believe it when we see it) and as today was a nice and sunny day here on the Med, below some photos I took today. As I am merely an infrastructure groupie, maybe some other members can explain some of the things you can see in the photos.

From Carrer de Bac de Roda, starting of the Pont de Treball

A close up of the 1668mm lines towards El Maresme and the Interior and north of Catalunya. I suppose this is all still very provisional and not the end configuration of the lines which, just before the point where this photo is taken, emerge from the Rodalies & Renfe tunnel leading to El Clot station and onwards.

A CAF CIVIA in FGC colours with the prominent white R from Rodalies de Catalunya on the nose.

The northern tunnel exit of the new UIC tunnel linking the Sagrera site to Barcelona Sants station and the way trains from for instance Madrid Atocha will continue on their way, after stopping in Sants, towards cities in France and maybe Geneve and northern Italy.

Overhead lines…check, continuously welded rail…check. Soon we will see trains passing here at some speed or the other.

One of the last bumps in completing the UIC line between Barcelona and France have been the couple of pieces of LAV line that had to be finished. Currently the lights are still on red, but this will not last too much longer. Left, one of Renfe’s regional trains, possibly linking Sants with Figueras Vilafant, where until April 2013 travelers to France will still have to change onto a TGV Duplex to continue their trip onwards to France.

The whole site from the other bridge crossing it. What we see here, I think, is the top of the tube which carries L9 towards its current last station, Sagrera Meridiana. At some stage(why name dates if they are only broken) L9 and L4 of the Barcelona Metro will call at Sagrera TAV, an interchange stations that potentially will see a lot of footfall as Sagrera station is planned as Barcelona’s main rail hub. Currently computer-controlled L9 trains pass the Sagrera TAV station without stopping.

The white arch bridge is the Pont de Treball, where the first set of photos was taken from.

The two tracks in the middle are the UIC ones coming from the LAV tunnel under Carrer de Mallorca etc. At some stage all this will be covered, and to the left you can see the start of that part of the project. Below what it looks like from the side.

Another Rodalies train passing Sagrera, this one an older CAF train still painted in the old Cercanias colours. The construction to the left is probably the start of one of the concourses crossing the tracks in the future, allowing the two sides of Barcelona to get closer together.

As people were even working today, let’s hope all this building will actually lead us towards having on of Europe’s better rail hubs within our lifetimes. Hope you enjoyed the photos.
Xoser_barcelona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:31 AM   #668
Neb81

Likes (Received): 71

Great pictures, Xoser
Neb81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM   #669
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15393

From www.tranvia.org.

DROOL. NOW. IT´S AN ORDER: A TGV Duplex and an AVE 103 in Figueres-Vilafant station.

Till April, none of the two can go further than this station due to mutual lack of homologation.
The line is almost finished, and will certainly be finished by the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumer u-bahn @ www.tranvia.org
437.001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #670
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21234

AVEs look so much nicer than TGVs IMHO....

AVEs are sleek and have an amazing design.
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #671
K_

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post

The first AVEs were TGVs...
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #672
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Does anyone have updates on service level provision, and what type of stock has been ordered?

Will this line be available for open access?
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #673
K_

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t View Post
Does anyone have updates on service level provision, and what type of stock has been ordered?
Currently it looks like we'll have
3 or 4 return trips Barcelona - Paris. Some might extended to Madrid.
1 return trip Barcelona - Marseille
1 return trip Barcelona - Geneve
1 return trip Barcelona - Toulouse

Rolling stock will be TGV Duplex Dasye, and refurbished Renfe AVE class 100.

Quote:
Will this line be available for open access?
Yes. The part between Figueres and Perpignan is even owned by a private operator...
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #674
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

How about medium distance trains to Figueres/Perpignan? Will there be any on the new line? Unlike the cities mentioned those places would be close enough for frequent traffic.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #675
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

As far as I know... one Madrid-Paris only

Old December 5th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #676
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:

Isn't that a Velaro in the above picture? I love the look of the Velaro, best looking high speed train in my opinion.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #677
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

In my opinion the Velaro's design is very sleek indeed (except Velaro D), but the New Pendolino (ETR 600) is even better looking if you ask me. Renfe has them too, they're S/114 a.k.a. Avant.
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #678
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21234

It would also be nice so see some V250 running there, if only other railway companies gave AnsaldoBreda another chance (which they probably won't, at least on high-speed rolling stock)
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #679
Sopomon
Hideous and malformed

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
It would also be nice so see some V250 running there, if only other railway companies gave AnsaldoBreda another chance (which they probably won't, at least on high-speed rolling stock)
You've gotta be trolling, seriously.

Or, an AB employee, which then makes you absolutely hilarious.
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #680
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Once in a while you say something which makes me want to think "He's not a troll, after all". But then you spout your love for AnsaldoBreda and the V250 again, and I am reassured once more.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adif, ave, high speed rail, spain in the world, valencia, zaragoza