daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 329 votes, 4.86 average.
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #1
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,553
Likes (Received): 51

Tirunelveli-Projects & development

This thread is started to discuss the issues pertaining to the Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu, which is nicknamed as Nellai.
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #2
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,553
Likes (Received): 51

Railways eye Tirunelveli to start more trains via Kerala

http://www.hindu.com/2009/05/12/stor...1261871100.htm
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Arul Murugan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Salem-Chennai
Posts: 16,763
Likes (Received): 3071



Good initiative.

But it would be proper if we name thread with its official name as other cities have names in thread.

I request mods to name it as "Tirunelveli - Projects and developments"
__________________
Click on---->



அருள் முருகன்
தமிழ்நாடு/இந்தியா
Arul Murugan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #4
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,553
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post


Good initiative.

But it would be proper if we name thread with its official name as other cities have names in thread.

I request mods to name it as "Tirunelveli - Projects and developments"
Yes Arul,
Good.

Will chnage the name as suggested.

Cheers
Jaleel
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #5
sudheeshnairs
Registered User
 
sudheeshnairs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore
Posts: 9,176
Likes (Received): 17

Changed
sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #6
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,553
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
Changed
Thanks Sudheesh for the quick action. I just thought in mind yesterday to email you the request. But you did it even before that. Great Admin.


Cheers
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:05 PM   #7
mukeshworld
project finder
 
mukeshworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Madurai,Bangalore
Posts: 315
Likes (Received): 0

Anna Stadium to get Rs.3-cr. synthetic track
Quote:
TIRUNELVELI: The State Government has allotted Rs. 3 crore for laying synthetic track at Anna Stadium in Palayamkottai, Speaker R. Avudaiyappan has informed.

Speaking at the valedictory function of the summer coaching camp held at Anna Stadium on Saturday, Mr. Avudaiyappan appealed to the youths and students should make use of the facilities including the synthetic hockey turf at Anna Stadium.

“As the government has agreed to release Rs. 3 crore for laying synthetic track, it will be of great use to the athletes,” Mr. Avudaiyappan noted.

Speaker and the Minister for Environment, Sports and Youth Welfare T.P.M. Maideen Khan gave away certificates to the students who underwent training in the summer camp.
__________________
MADURAI
INDIA,
mukeshworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #8
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,128
Likes (Received): 3

Proposal for Rs.800 crore submitted for Nellai

TIRUNELVELI: The Corporation has submitted to the 13th Finance Commission a comprehensive proposal for executing a number of development works and for the creation of new infrastructure, all at an outlay of Rs. 800 crore, for the residents living under the urban local body.

It is all set to witness influx of significant population from outside in near future with the State giving special thrust on the starting Special Economic Zones at Nanguneri and Gangaikondan.

Appearing before the 13th Finance Commission during its visit to Chennai from June 2 to 5, Mayor A.L. Subramanian, while narrating the strengths and weaknesses of the Corporation that was formed in 1994 by amalgamating Tirunelveli, Palayamkottai and Melapalayam municipalities, Thatchanallur town panchayat and 15 neighbouring village panchayats, said the civic body had to ensure better basic amenities for the 4.60 lakh population with the total revenue of Rs. 46.73 crore – Rs. 27.90 crore through taxes and Rs. 18.83 crore through grants from State and Central Finance Commissions – even as the expenditure exceeded the income, causing a deficit of Rs. 10.32 crore during the current fiscal.

Moreover, towards the repayment of loans, the corporation has to annually pay Rs. 4 crore. According to the City Development Plan, prepared by CRISIL, Bangalore, the corporation was immediately in need of Rs. 240.51 crore for executing a range of development programmes including water supply (Rs. 16.06 crore), underground drainage for the left-out areas (Rs. 111.70 crore), roads (Rs. 75.82 crore), storm water drain (Rs. 2.15 crore), installation of streetlights (Rs. 5.36 crore), solid waste management (Rs. 12.10 crore), constructing hospital and school buildings, maintenance of bus-stands and providing adequate facilities there etc. (Rs. 17.32 crore).

Construction of community halls, maintenance of existing parks and creating some more recreational areas would require a few crores of rupees. He hoped that the Finance Commission would respond positively.

Source: http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/09/stor...0950330100.htm
Rasnaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:14 AM   #9
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,128
Likes (Received): 3

Solar thermal power plant may come up in Tirunelveli district

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capital cost of installing a solar power plant is high

Centre suggests that project could be a joint venture
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHENNAI: Udangudi in Tuticorin district may be the site for a 100-megawatt solar thermal power plant. This was mooted during a meeting between Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah and Electricity Minister Arcot N. Veeraswami here on Saturday.

The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had offered to help Tamil Nadu establish the solar thermal power plant.

Mr. Veeraswami told The Hindu that the capital cost of installing a solar power plant was high and the per MW cost was in the range of Rs.18 crore to Rs. 20 crore. This was why Central assistance was required.

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board chairman C.P. Singh said the Centre had suggested that the proposed project could be implemented as a joint venture involving Union and State governments.

Wind power

The Union Minister also indicated the Centre’s willingness to support modernisation and capacity upgrading of the Board’s demonstration windmills installed at Kayathar in Tirunelveli district.

The State government submitted a memorandum to Dr. Abdullah, seeking Central grant for expansion of the transmission network in tune with the rising capacity addition of windmills. In the next five years, 2,500 MW capacity is expected to be added and an investment of Rs.1,500 crore is required.

In spite of the constraints of the wind power sector such as low plant factor of 27 per cent, lower wheeling charges, higher power purchase rate and greater pressure on grid management due to heavy fluctuations in wind generation, the State has been promoting the green energy. As on January 31, 2009, Tamil Nadu accounts for around 42 per cent of the country’s total installed capacity of 9,756 MW of wind energy, the memorandum stated. The State also sought Central assistance for establishing 17 co-generation plants in cooperative and public sugar mills with a capacity of 234 MW and modernisation of the mills at a cost of Rs.1,500 crore. Dr. Abdullah assured the State that apart from examining the request, he would take it up with Union Agriculture Minister for possible funding through the Department of Cooperation at the Centre, Mr. Singh said.

The Union Minister earlier called on Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi who, according to Mr. Veeraswami, wanted Dr. Abdullah to support Tamil Nadu’s projects.

Source: http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/21/stor...2153930600.htm
Rasnaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM   #10
kovaidreamz
Registered User
 
kovaidreamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coimbatore / TN 37
Posts: 467
Likes (Received): 15

i hav heard dat we hav a double deck flyover in nellai ,the one and only in TN........ can anyone over there post some pics of nellai.............
__________________
Distinctively Coimbatore !!!
kovaidreamz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #11
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,553
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasnaboy View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capital cost of installing a solar power plant is high

Centre suggests that project could be a joint venture
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHENNAI: Udangudi in Tuticorin district may be the site for a 100-megawatt solar thermal power plant. This was mooted during a meeting between Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah and Electricity Minister Arcot N. Veeraswami here on Saturday.

The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had offered to help Tamil Nadu establish the solar thermal power plant.

Mr. Veeraswami told The Hindu that the capital cost of installing a solar power plant was high and the per MW cost was in the range of Rs.18 crore to Rs. 20 crore. This was why Central assistance was required.

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board chairman C.P. Singh said the Centre had suggested that the proposed project could be implemented as a joint venture involving Union and State governments.

Wind power

The Union Minister also indicated the Centre’s willingness to support modernisation and capacity upgrading of the Board’s demonstration windmills installed at Kayathar in Tirunelveli district.

The State government submitted a memorandum to Dr. Abdullah, seeking Central grant for expansion of the transmission network in tune with the rising capacity addition of windmills. In the next five years, 2,500 MW capacity is expected to be added and an investment of Rs.1,500 crore is required.

In spite of the constraints of the wind power sector such as low plant factor of 27 per cent, lower wheeling charges, higher power purchase rate and greater pressure on grid management due to heavy fluctuations in wind generation, the State has been promoting the green energy. As on January 31, 2009, Tamil Nadu accounts for around 42 per cent of the country’s total installed capacity of 9,756 MW of wind energy, the memorandum stated. The State also sought Central assistance for establishing 17 co-generation plants in cooperative and public sugar mills with a capacity of 234 MW and modernisation of the mills at a cost of Rs.1,500 crore. Dr. Abdullah assured the State that apart from examining the request, he would take it up with Union Agriculture Minister for possible funding through the Department of Cooperation at the Centre, Mr. Singh said.

The Union Minister earlier called on Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi who, according to Mr. Veeraswami, wanted Dr. Abdullah to support Tamil Nadu’s projects.

Source: http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/21/stor...2153930600.htm
So with this, Nellai shall be having all the sorts of power generation.
Wind Mills, Atomic Power.
Needs to explore the solar power generation too.
May be the under used land in the wind farms may be used to install the solar panels. I bet that these wind farms are located in high sunlight area.
Will there be any technical problem in having these together?
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM   #12
robertashok
roby
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,661

The population of tamilnadu has started decreasing over the past four years.

The population fertilisation rate is below 1.8 for the past four years, it has to be 2.1 to replace the entire population.

With More and More people going only for one kid, I guess it is going down rapidly.

On a different note,
Co-habitation was always there in our country, only off-late things are coming in Media so it makes people assume that culture is changing.
robertashok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #13
vin05
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

Dear friends

Could you tell me who is the main contractor for Gangaikondan IT Park
vin05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #14
think_different
Registered User
 
think_different's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT/TN-chennai
Posts: 922
Likes (Received): 138

new flyover

திருநெல்வேலி, ஆக. 6: பாளையங்கோட்டை குலவணிகர்புரத்தில் ரூ.25.52 கோடியில் கட்டப்பட உள்ள புதிய மேம்பாலத்துக்கான பூர்வாங்க பணிகள் வியாழக்கிழமை தொடங்கின.

திருநெல்வேலி மாநகர்ப் பகுதியில் போக்குவரத்து நெரிசல் தீராத பிரச்னையாக உள்ளது. மாநகராட்சியும், காவல்துறையும் பல்வேறு நடவடிக்கைகளை எடுத்தாலும், இப் பிரச்னைக்குத் தீர்வு கிட்டவில்லை. பேட்டையில் இருந்து சமாதானபுரம் வரை சுமார் 5 கிலோ மீட்டர் தூரம் போக்குவரத்து நெரிசல் ஏற்படுகிறது.

வண்ணார்பேட்டை செல்லப்பாண்டியன் ரவுண்டானாவில் மேம்பாலம் அமைக்கப்படுவதால் இப் பகுதியில் போக்குவரத்து நெரிசல் கணிசமாகக் குறையும்.

கன்னியாகுமரி சாலையில் உள்ள குலவணிகர்புரம் ரயில்வே கேட்டிலும் போக்குவரத்து நெரிசல் அதிகமாக உள்ளது. ரயில்வே கேட் மூடப்படும்போது பெரும் நெரிசல் ஏற்படுகிறது. தினமும் இந்த ரயில்வே கேட் சுமார் 10 முறை மூடித் திறக்கப்படுகிறது.

மாநில நெடுஞ்சாலைத்துறை அதிகாரிகள் இங்கு புதிய மேம்பாலம் அமைப்பது குறித்து ஆய்வு செய்து அரசுக்கு அறிக்கை அனுப்பினர். இதைப் பரிசீலித்த உயர் அதிகாரிகள், புதிய மேம்பாலம் அமைக்க அனுமதி வழங்கினர்.

புதிய மேம்பாலம் அமைப்பதற்கு ரூ.25.52 கோடியை மத்திய நிதியில் இருந்து மாநில நெடுஞ்சாலைத்துறை சில நாள்களுக்கு முன் ஒதுக்கியது. பாலத்துக்கான திட்ட வரைவைத் தயாரிக்கும் பணியில் நெடுஞ்சாலைத்துறை அதிகாரிகள் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளனர்.

இப் பாலம் 600 மீட்டர் நீளம், 17 மீட்டர் அகலத்தில் அமைக்கப்படுகிறது; 70 டன் எடையைத் தாங்கும் திறனுடன் கட்டப்படுகிறது. பாலத்துக்குத் தேவையான நிலத்தில் 3.8 ஏக்கர் தனியாரிடம் உள்ளது. இந்த நிலத்தைக் கையகப்படுத்தும் நடவடிக்கை மேற்கொள்ளப்படுகிறது.

இப் பாலம் வடபுறத்தில் உள்ள ஒரு தனியார் பர்னிச்சர் கடையில் இருந்து தொடங்கி தென்புறத்தில் உள்ள பெட்ரோல் பங்க் வரை அமைகிறது. சிறை முன்பு அம்பாசமுத்திரம் சாலையில் பாலம் இரண்டாகப் பிரிகிறது.

பாலம் அமையும் இடத்தில் மண்ணின் தன்மையை ஆராயும் பணியை நெடுஞ்சாலைத்துறை ஊழியர்கள் வியாழக்கிழமை தொடங்கினர். இப் பணியை 15 நாள்களுக்குள் முடிக்க திட்டமிடப்பட்டுள்ளது.

"புதிய மேம்பாலம் கட்டும் பணி 7 மாதங்களுக்குள் தொடங்கப்படும். இரு ஆண்டுகளுக்குள் பாலம் முழுமையாக கட்டி முடிக்கப்படும் ' என நெடுஞ்சாலைத்துறையைச் சேர்ந்த உயர் அதிகாரி ஒருவர் தெரிவித்தார்.

குலவணிகர்புரம் ரயில்வே கேட்டில் மேம்பாலம் கட்டிமுடிக்கப்பட்டால், அங்கு ஏற்பட்டு வரும் போக்குவரத்து நெரிசலும் முழுமையாக குறைந்துவிடும் எனவும் அவர் தெரிவித்தார்.
think_different no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #15
kannan infratech
Moderator
 
kannan infratech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 13,126
Likes (Received): 6912

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovaidreamz View Post
i hav heard dat we hav a double deck flyover in nellai ,the one and only in TN........ can anyone over there post some pics of nellai.............
I have seen and travelled along the same. It is a 3 tier flyover - very unique one. One tier is for slow moving vehicles like Bullock carts, cycle rickshaws, Fishcarts and cycles.
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #16
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,553
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan infratech View Post
I have seen and travelled along the same. It is a 3 tier flyover - very unique one. One tier is for slow moving vehicles like Bullock carts, cycle rickshaws, Fishcarts and cycles.
Appreciate if somebody could post a picture.
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #17
think_different
Registered User
 
think_different's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT/TN-chennai
Posts: 922
Likes (Received): 138

tirunelveli flyover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnFiA...eature=related
think_different no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #18
think_different
Registered User
 
think_different's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT/TN-chennai
Posts: 922
Likes (Received): 138

Tirunelveli IT Parkhttp://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=banner

Welcome to Tirunelveli District, the penultimate southern most district of Tamil Nadu, is described as a microcosm of the State. Tirunelveli is known as “South Indian Oxford” for it's high quality of education facilities. The district has diverse geographical and physical features such as lofty mountains and low plains, rivers and cascades, seacoast and thick inland forest, sandy soils and fertile alluvium, a variety of flora, fauna, and protected wild life.

SI No. Name of the Company Extent of Land in Acres
Allotted Reserved
1 M/s.Sutherland Global Services Ltd. 10 -
2 M/s.Global Software Solutions Ltd. - 5
3 M/s.Syntel International P.Ltd. - 25
4 M/s.AES Technologies(I) P.Ltd. - 1
5 M/s.Maruthi Computers P.Ltd. - 1
6 M/s.Intelob Technologies P.Ltd. - 2
6 M/s.US Technologies P.Ltd. - 50


think_different no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #19
Leo_r
Amatuer Astronomer
 
Leo_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,834
Likes (Received): 70


In future pl resize images to 1024*768 resolution or less
Leo_r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #20
think_different
Registered User
 
think_different's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT/TN-chennai
Posts: 922
Likes (Received): 138

resize image

think_different no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu