daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #41
tq
i'm a hanoian

Likes (Received): 176

Hanoi 1873

In the Future:

Last edited by tq; January 5th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
tq no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #42
tq
i'm a hanoian

I think that this is the team which is working on the masterplan. they consist of Korean and Vietnamese architects...

...you can see a lot of interesting renderings on Great Hanoi in the background..

very excited for the next report! keep working hard guys

more pics here: http://blog.naver.com/jinablog/110077137816

Last edited by tq; January 5th, 2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:32 AM   #43
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

I don't know if this is the right section to post this. You are talking about the history of Hanoi and how it became huge in these days. This is about urban developments. Not a complete city development. Maybe it's useful to post this information in the City/Metro complication thread of Hanoi. But this is just for particular developments that are being developed somewhere in the city.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #44
tq
i'm a hanoian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
I don't know if this is the right section to post this. You are talking about the history of Hanoi and how it became huge in these days. This is about urban developments. Not a complete city development. Maybe it's useful to post this information in the City/Metro complication thread of Hanoi. But this is just for particular developments that are being developed somewhere in the city.
history? the masterplan is currently carrying out, with regular reports to the government untill the end of this year. however, feel free to move it to the right section, you are the moderator, not me. i thought that i would be right here...

Last edited by tq; January 5th, 2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #45
FazilLanka

Likes (Received): 8

Wow!!!!!! 1873 Hanoi was so cooll...
FazilLanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #46
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq View Post
history? the masterplan is currently carrying out, with regular reports to the government untill the end of this year. however, feel free to move it to the right section, you are the moderator, not me. i thought that i would be right here...
It just looked like it.. Anyway, let's just wait and see.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #47
tq
i'm a hanoian

France assists Hanoi in urban planning

source: VOVnews.vn

Quote:
The French region, Ile de France, will help Hanoi develop its urban planning following a contract signed with the Ministry of Construction in Hanoi on January 19.

Under the contract, the region will pay salary for experts who offer advices to the master plan to build the capital until 2030.

The master plan is expected to include ideas to preserve a “green corridor” covering 62 percent of the capital’s acreage and develop five satellite urban areas, including Soc Son, Phu Xuyen, Xuan Mai, Hoa Lac and Son Tay.

According to the ministry, the master plan will have to settle issues Hanoi is facing, such as transport, population, preservation of architectures and other historical values and protection of VOVNews/VNA
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #48
tq
i'm a hanoian

meeting from today, 04/03/2010

source: Ashui Facebook

Old March 4th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #49
tq
i'm a hanoian

Old March 4th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #50
tq
i'm a hanoian

Old March 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #51
tq
i'm a hanoian

70 pct of expanded Hanoi to become ‘green space’

source: VOVnews

Quote:
Hanoi is seeking to enlarge the green space of the capital region with 70 percent of its area designated as green corridors and the remaining 30 percent to be turned into central and satellite urban areas.

According to the Hanoi Construction Masterplan through 2030 with a Vision towards 2050, the green corridors will be developed in the area lying between the Day and the Tich Rivers, encompassing central and southern Hanoi.

The plan was jointly developed by PPJ - a group of three international consultants including US architectural firm Perkins Eastman and the Republic of Korea’s Posco E&C and JINA (PPJ).

The plan has been submitted three times to the government for consideration since late last year following the government’s decision to expand Hanoi to cover more than 3,300 sq. km in August 2008.

In the plan, the PPJ proposed development of Hanoi’s expanded central urban area to include two regions, one surrounding the old capital city originally divided by the Red River and the other expanding towards beltway No. 4.

Beltway No. 4 is designed to facilitate transport within the Hanoi capital region or metropolitan area, which includes the old Hanoi capital city and the six surrounding provinces of Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Hung Yen, Ha Nam, Hoa Binh and Vinh Phuc. It will be built this year and is expected to be completed before 2020.

The PPJ also suggested development of five satellite urban areas and ecological villages and towns in the surrounding provinces along the green corridor.
The PPJ’s design is based on the basic principle of creating a public green space near the city, protecting high-yield farming and flood prone areas and creating stronger links among urban, suburban and rural areas. It is expected to help preserve the region’s natural and cultural heritage VNA/VOVNews
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #52
tq
i'm a hanoian

source: ashui
Old March 6th, 2010, 01:56 AM   #53
tq
i'm a hanoian

Hanoi to build satellite city in Hoa Lac

source: VietNamNet

Quote:
VietNamNet Bridge – Hanoi will develop five satellite cities, and the first will be built some 35 kilometers west of center city in Hoa Lac, near Ba Vi Mountain, Deputy Minister of Construction Nguyen Dinh Toan said on March 3.

Deputy Minister of Construction Nguyen Dinh Toan.

Toan spoke to reporters after the Cabinet was briefed on a controversial master plan to guide development of the capital to 2030 and a ‘vision to 2050.’

Reporters: The government heard a report on Hanoi master plan. What did the Prime Minister say?

Toan: The Prime Minister agreed in principle that Hanoi will develop in the form of a central city, surrounded by five satellite cities: Hoa Lac, Son Tay, Xuan Mai, Phu Xuyen-Phu Minh and Soc Son. These satellite cities will be connected by expressways. The Lang-Hoa Lac highway is being expanded already. Other roads will be built in the future.

This transportation system will be highly integrated. In the future, people will not see a difference between Hanoi and Ha Tay [the largely rural province which was merged into Hanoi in 2008 – ed.]. Living conditions will be good in both areas.

Which satellite city will be built first?

The construction of satellite cities will be carried serially in several phases: 2010-2020, 2020-2030 and 2030-2050, based on the availability of capital.

I think Hoa Lac will be developed first because the Lang-Hoa Lac highway will be complete in 2010. Further, this residential area will have a 1000 hectare Hanoi National University campus as its core. The government has already prepared some projects in this area.

How about the residential areas along the banks of the Red River?

New residential areas along the Red River’s banks are already part of the Hanoi planning scheme. There’s a problem though: the development plan for the riverbanks was designed before Hanoi’s expansion in August 2008. That means other development possibilities weren’t taken into consideration, so the riverbanks plan must be re-evaluated.

Where will the administrative centre be?

The Lang - Hoa Lac Highway.

According to plan, after 2030 the administrative centre will be sited in the Hoa Lac/Ba Vi area.

That’s an awfully long time from now.

I don’t mean we’ll wait until 2030 to start the process. From now to 2030, ministries and agencies will be gradually moved out of central Hanoi. Some agencies will be based in My Dinh district, but under current conditions, it is not feasible to move all government agencies out of the centre.

What’s the character of Hanoi in the future, according to the planners?

The emphasis is on culture, shown by the landscape, architecture and space. Consultants have researched the connections between the culture of Hanoi and Ha Tay. For example, along the Thang Long expressway, which will run from Hanoi’s centre to Ba Vi, there will be museums, libraries and parks. Space for Hanoi and Ha Tay’s culture will be designed. Duong Lam ancient village near Son Tay and the Hanoi Old Quarter will be preserved.

Noted by Le Nhung
Old March 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #54
kevinb
I am me.

Likes (Received): 331

What's a satellite city? Are these cities that will be incorporated to build a future Metropolitan Hanoi?

kevinb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #55
tq
i'm a hanoian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
What's a satellite city? Are these cities that will be incorporated to build a future Metropolitan Hanoi?
I think they are small towns within a city. Do not change this with the Metropolotian Area of Hanoi which is much bigger.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #56
tq
i'm a hanoian

source: http://hanoi.org.vn/planning/archives/36/ppj_chon
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #57
GreenPeas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Great master plan! Good job Hanoi!
GreenPeas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #58
tq
i'm a hanoian

Hanoi moves towards green metropolis

source: Nhan Dan

Quote:
Vietnam ’s capital city is working on a plan that will zone off 70 % of its natural territory for tree and water space by 2050 to become a green, civilised and modern city.

Deputy Minister of Construction Nguyen Dinh Toan said at the presentation of the draft scheme on March 18 that it aimed to provide the best living environment including quality entertainment services.

The plan will also serve the capital’s long-term strategy to turn itself into an international metropolis of tourism and business—first in the region, and then in the world, Toan added.

The Director of the Rural and Urban Planning and Architect Institute, Ngo Trung Hai, explained that the green system includes municipal rivers and lakes, the natural reserves of Ba Vi, Huong Tich and Soc Son mountains, productive agricultural areas and traditional craft villages, and cultural relics sites.

The scheme calls for establising a green corridor along the Day, Tich and Ca Lo rivers in an effort to control the rampant urbanisation of nuclear and satellite cities.

The green corridor will have a north south road and three ecological townships.

The scheme will be regularly updated with Hanoi ’s latest statistics such as a recent calculation of Hanoi ’s population that shows a 20% reduction over the previous forecast for 2050.

More specifically, the capital plans to keep its population at or below 9.1 million by 2030, which will fluctuate between 10.5 and 10.7 million by 2050.

The population density in the four old inner precincts will be reduced from current 33,300 people/ sq. k. to 23,000 by 2050.

Municipal People’s Committee Chairman Nguyen The Thao asked planning designers to consider architectural options that can attract citizens from the centre of Hanoi to satellite cities.

Planning designers consist of the consultant PPJ, a joint venture of Perkin Eastman from the US , Posco E & C and Jina of the Republic of Korea , the Rural and Urban Planning and Architecture Institute under the Ministry of Construction and the Hanoi Urban Planning Institute.

(VNA)
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #59
preppy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Lovely pictures!
preppy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM   #60
tq
i'm a hanoian

Tags