daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #81
tq
i'm a hanoian

Likes (Received): 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
If the plans involve devoting over half of the Hanoi area to greenspace, how is that new airport going to be proposed and realised? There are plans to build a brand-new second airport for Hanoi. I have a suggestion: instead of building a new airport, why don't we start from the beginning and reboot the existing Noi Bai Airport? Get rid of all the existing infrastructure and put in a brand-new larger passenger terminal (larger than the current one) and 2 new runways in its place?

And is this overall expansion a "rebooting" of Hanoi, or something else?
interesting view.

what do you mean by rebooting? I think that term can be used only for already developed cities.

it will be too soon if they jump now for a large-scale airport as Vietnam's aviation industry and overall economy. at the moment Noibai is planning the 2nd terminal which can serve 10 million passangers a year to meet the overal demand.
they can ease the traffic between Noibai and downtown by relocating the new airport somewhere else.
I think two big airports in different directions would be better since Hanoi is quite big in term of land size. people have two choices which one is closer to head for.

I also suggest to upgrade the Gialam airport for low-budget airlines and domestic flights. the location is ideal. the distance between Gialam airport and downtown area is only 15 min.

i think Hanoi also needs a new bigger main railway station, as the current one cant be expanded as it located in the middle of the city.
tq no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #82
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

Saigon is planning a brand-new airport east of that city. I thought Hanoi's airport needed to be up to par with Saigon's new airport. They don't really need a brand-new airport or a complementary airport, just an expansion. A new runway should be built to the south of the airport. And about Terminal 2, no design has been released yet.

Reboot-get rid of everything and start all over again

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #83
artdeko

Likes (Received): 1

Reply to Jim, Long Thanh is an brand-new airport planned for construction in Dong Nai Province, southern Vietnam, approx 40 km northeast of Ho Chi Minh City. It is intended to become operational by 2020[1]. It will serve over 100 million passengers annually when built to the maximum designed capacity.

Vietnamese government has just approved the project on 14 juin,with 2 phases:

- Phase 1 (2010-2015)
The initial phase will begin in 2010 and finish in 2015. Upon completion of Phase 1, Long Thanh International Airport will handle 30 million passengers per year. There will be a passenger terminal, and 2 parallel runways (4,000 m x 60 m) allowing for two simultaneous take-offs or landings. The runways will accommodate large capacity airliners, specifically the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 747. The estimated capital is $4 billion USD.[2]
Along with the existing 51A Highway, two new expressways are planned to facilitate transportation to and from the new airport:
Ho Chi Minh - Long Thanh - Dau Day Expressway. A 10-lane expressway connecting the airport to Ho Chi Minh City.
Bien Hoa - Vung Tau Expressway. An 8-lane expressway linking Bien Hoa and Vung Tau.

- Phase 2 will begin after 2015.
Another terminal and a third runway will be built to increase the airport's capacity to 60 million passengers and 5 million metric tonnes of cargo per year. After the completion of Phase 2, the airport will be expanded to its full design capacity based on passenger growth. Estimated cost: 6 billions USD.

So far I've had no design of this airport, gonna post it as soon as i get.

You can also see the design of T2 Noibai via this thread (why 'current' cause I think there'll be some modifications on actuel model, it looks so banal and not really nice..)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=703616
artdeko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #84
tq
i'm a hanoian

the design looks neat, but so average. it also doesnt speak the same language as T1.

When passengers arrive, I want them to see an architecture what represents Hanoi really well. Something exciting that prepare them for the real experience in the city.

Old June 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #85
KoolKool
Naked dream :)

Likes (Received): 1293

not so big...medium size!

----1 thằng con trai để trở thành 1 người đàn ông là cả 1 quá tŕnh, không giống như bọn con gái trở thành đàn bà rất dễ----
KoolKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #86
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

That new terminal doesn't look expandable. And another question: Does two airports serving Hanoi even look feasible?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #87
tq
i'm a hanoian

Metro Map by PPJ consultants

if I'm not wrong then line 8 (pink) is currently under construction.

full line _____ underground (mostly inner districts)
dashed line _ _ _ _ overground (mostly outer districts)

Ngoc-Hoi in southern area will become one of the major station.
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #88
tq
i'm a hanoian

PM approves US$190 billion for Hanoi master plan
Friday ,Jul 08,2011, Posted at: 13:35(GMT+7)

source: SGGP English Edition

Quote:
Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has approved an investment of US$190 billion for a socio-eco master plan for Hanoi aimed at sustainable economic and social development of the city for the period 2011-2020 and its orientation till 2030.

According to the plan, Hanoi will set an economic growth target between 12-13 percent per year in the 2011 – 2015 periods, 11-12 percent in 2016-2020 and 9.5-10 percent in 2021-2030.

The gross domestic product per capita is estimated to reach US$4,100 – 4,300 by 2015 and US$7,100 – 7,500 by 2020.

The capital city is expected to have a population of 7.2 – 7.3 million by 2015 and 7.9 – 8 million by 2020.

Trained laborers will comprise 55 percent of the city’s workforce by 2015 and 70 – 75 percent by 2020, driving the capital city to becoming a high quality training center in Vietnam as well as in Southeast Asia.

The city will require a total investment of US$69-70 billion in the 2011-2015 period and US$110-120 billion in the 2016-2020 periods.

The city will focus on development and encourage growth in the services sector, including finance, banking, insurance, securities, post-telecommunication, science and technology, healthcare, education and training and public transportation.

Hanoi will be poised to be a leading financial, banking hub as well as a vibrant tourism destination of North Vietnam.

The city will also focus on some industrial sectors, like IT, electronics, mechanics, pharmacy, cosmetics and on building and expanding 15 industrial parks.

Hanoi will strive to be a leading education centre of the country while simultaneously maintaining its 1,000-year old culture.

The master plan seeks to improve the transport infrastructure to reduce traffic congestion and connect the inner city with satellite urban centers.

The city space will be divided into different branches of urban, suburban and green belts.

By L.Nguyen – Translated by T.Huong
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #89
tq
i'm a hanoian

Ha Noi to get first underground train system by 2016
July, 08 2011 11:05:17

source: VNS

Quote:
HA NOI — Ha Noi's first urban metro line is expected to become operational by the end of 2016, its first geological survey having taken place yesterday.

The French Embassy's economic counsellor, Marie-Cecile Tardieu-Smith, said that the geological survey would provide technical design for underground stations and tunnels on route.

The blueprint of Le Duc Tho Station, part of Ha Noi's first urban metro line which is expected to go into operation by the end of 2016. — VNS File Photo

Gaps between drill bits would be reduced in order to obtain insight into geological conditions, ensuring exact and safe design.

Tardieu-Smith added that construction bidding would soon commence.

An overall progress plan has been drawn up by the municipal People's Committee, donors, management boards and SYSTRA, an international engineering and consulting group.

City authorities have urged the project management board to speed up the linking of the Tu Liem District and the Ha Noi Railway Station. "Faced with particular difficulties, project progress has been slow since initial planning in May," Tardieu-Smith said, adding that, while donors have tried ensuring construction progress as well as efficient land clearance, project costs have been affected.

SYSTRA Project Director Alain Bechereav said that the slow pace had been due to drawn out underground studies.

"The rail system is planned to run at a depth of 15m so as not to affect the city's existing underground," he said, adding that the metro line would ensure safety and convenience.

David Chevallier, geotechnical project engineer, said that weather factors for water drainage during heavy rain, earthquakes and power cuts have all been taken into account. Construction started last September and was initially planned for completion in 2015. The 780 million euro (US$538.3 million) project investment came from French ODA and Asian Development Bank Ordinary Capital Resources for low and middle income countries.

The metro line is set to include a 12km elevated section, 3.6km of underground railway, 12 stops and a 15-ha station based in the Tu Liem District.

More than 150,000 people are expected to use the rail line a day, rising to almost half a million a day by 2030 while Hanoi's population is forecast to grow to around 8 million by 2025.

In addition to this project, Ha Noi has four other urban railway projects to finish by 2020, as part of the city's traffic development plan. — VNS
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #90
japanese001

Likes (Received): 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq View Post
Metro Map by PPJ consultants

if I'm not wrong then line 8 (pink) is currently under construction.

full line _____ underground (mostly inner districts)
dashed line _ _ _ _ overground (mostly outer districts)

Ngoc-Hoi in southern area will become one of the major station.
Hanoi has a large metro.
japanese001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #91
KoolKool
Naked dream :)

Likes (Received): 1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanese001 View Post
Hanoi has a large metro.
In the future

----1 thằng con trai để trở thành 1 người đàn ông là cả 1 quá tŕnh, không giống như bọn con gái trở thành đàn bà rất dễ----
KoolKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #92
tq
i'm a hanoian

Master plan for Hanoi to be submitted to Prime Minister
(Update: 21/07/2011 07:54:00)

source: Vacne

Quote:
Hanoi Master Plan to 2030 with vision to 2050 is expected to be sent to Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung for consideration by August 1.
The PM has urged the Ministry of Construction to move the plan forward, working with other ministries, and submit it by the scheduled date.

According to the latest draft of the Hanoi Master Planning Project, Ba Dinh District remains the country’s political and administrative centre. The headquarters of ministries and agencies will be built in the future in Me Tri-My Dinh area in Tu Liem District or Tay Ho District.
Under the draft project, traffic routes will be built to link Hanoi’s central urban areas with satellite and ecological ones, including Tay Thang Long-Son Tay, Ho Tay-Ba Vi, Thang Long Highway, Ngoc Hoi-Phu Xuyen.
The plan includes eight elevated railway routes to connect the inner city with outlying districts.

Earlier this month, the PM also approved a master plan for the socioeconomic development in Hanoi into the year 2030. According to the plan, the capital city will need between USD180 and USD190 billion to complete the various infrastructure projects in the coming decade.
The city’s population is expected to climb to 7.2-7.3 million people by 2015. By 2020, the figure will rise to around 8 million. Just ten years later it is expected to be over 9 million.

Quang Phong
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #93
tq
i'm a hanoian

Hanoi has big capital needs
Last update 24/07/2011 03:00:00 PM (GMT+7)

source: VietNamNet

Quote:
VietNamNet Bridge - Hanoi needs $190 billion to make the city’s development planning for 2011-2020 come true given its current intensive efforts to woo investment capital through the public-private partnership (PPP) model and maintain current growth, Hanoi People Council’s Economics and Budget Department head Nguyen Van Nam said.

The capital needs a colossal capital amount of $190 billion to realise the city’s socio-economic master planning 2011-2020 which recently got the nod from the prime minister. Can Hanoi woo such a huge amount?

There needs a general approach when it comes to appraising Hanoi’s master plan.

It is really a big amount given the fact that the capital city will need to woo $19 billion worth in investment capital each year from now until 2020. However, not all that capital is sourced from the state coffers which are expected to only account for 15-16 per cent of the total. Investment capital will come from diverse sources such as from local firms or foreign-invested enterprises.

Hanoi is proactive in making trials with the PPP model which has the potential to become an effective capital-absorbing channel in the upcoming period.

The planning scheme is for the next decade. In fact, the development of the country and Hanoi particularly may vary from year to year. Maybe, this year we need $19 billion or even $25 billion in total investments. The following year, we may need just half of that amount. This depends on particular development conditions of each year.

I do believe with current pace of growth Hanoi is within reach to fulfill the target.

Hanoi will accelerate supporting industry development as well as major industries with big industrial parks and clusters. Things seem gloomy as Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park only appealed to a few investors after more than a decade of establishment while local supporting industry remains underdeveloped. What is your opinion?

In fact, developing local supporting industry was just conceived in Vietnam for around five years after we failed with the objective to raise the localisation rate in manufacturing sectors. In the near term, Hanoi will need to set out concrete advantageous areas to highlight supporting industry development. In respect to poor investment at Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park, in my view it is unlikely that Hanoi lacks investment incentives. Maybe, there are divergences in development objectives and investment fields of the capital city and businesses.

What is your comment on a series of Hanoi property projects having to revise their planning in recent years?

The reason why these projects had to revise their planning is due to the Hanoi People’s Committee. In my view, a planning demands a stable vision and rooted on development forecasts, particularly infrastructure planning.

Revisions are essential when some factors arise affecting the implementation of the planning scheme.

Source: VIR
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #94
tq
i'm a hanoian

PM approves master plan for Hanoi City
Thursday ,Jul 28,2011, Posted at: 15:30(GMT+7)

source: SGGP

Quote:
Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has approved the master plan for Hanoi to be completed by 2030, with a vision to make the capital city into a futuristic modern city.

The master plan aims at developing the capital city of Vietnam in a sustainable, synchronized and modern manner with state of the art infrastructure yet preserving the traditional, cultural and historical heritage with focus on environmental protection.

The master plan will be implemented over an area of 3,344 square kilometers of the City of Hanoi. It will comprise a metropolis, five satellite urban areas and several towns linked together by ring roads and other approach roads leading to the city center.

The metropolis will be broadened to become the political, economic and cultural hub of the country. By 2030, it will have a constructed area of over 55,000 hectares and population of 4.6 million people.

The five satellite urban areas will include Hoa Lac, Son Tay, Xuan Mai, Phu Xuyen and Soc Son. Each will function autonomously with its own unique characteristics. Hoa Lac, in the west of the city will be a science, technology and education center.

Son Tay
in the northwest will be a cultural, historical and tourist area. Xuan Mai in the southwest will develop as a small scale industry, handicraft and trade village. Phu Xuyen in the south will comprise of industrial zones and cargo trans-shipment areas. Soc Son in the north will focus on airline, industry and services.

Headquarters of the Party, National Assembly, State and Government will be located in Ba Dinh District. Offices of the city Party committee, People’s Committee and People’s Council will be around the Guom (Sword) Lake.

Universities will cluster in suburban areas and the number of students will reduce to about 300,000 within the city center. Health clinics for treatment of highly communicable diseases will be located in outlying areas.

Regional highway systems will be built connecting Hanoi to surrounding provinces like Thai Nguyen, Lao Cai, Ha Long, Hai Phong, Hoa Binh, Ninh Binh and Thanh Hoa.

Eight more bridges and tunnels will be built across the Red River and five bridges will be constructed to span the Duong River and the Da River.

By Lam Nguyen – Translated by Bach Lien
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #95
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

i would like to see Hanoi grow bigger and better.

but how about the financial plan?
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #96
tq
i'm a hanoian

Latest news, but not puplished in English anywhere yet . They just opened an exhibition to showcase Hanoi's masterplan to the public. English version will be updated as soon as possible.

Thủ tướng công bố quy hoạch chung Hà Nội
Thứ sáu, 29/7/2011, 19:12 GMT+7

nguồn: VnExpress.net

Quote:
Phát biểu tại buổi lễ công bố chiều 29/7, Thủ tướng Nguyễn Tấn Dũng khẳng định, sự kiện này có ư nghĩa lịch sử của Hà Nội và cả nước. Tuy nhiên, đây chỉ là bước khởi đầu trong việc thực thi quy hoạch.

Thủ tướng Nguyễn Tấn Dũng cùng các quan chức Bộ, địa phương tham quan mô h́nh tổng thể quy hoạch chung Hà Nội. Ảnh : Hoàng Hà

Chiều 29/7, Bộ Xây dựng và UBND Hà Nội đă công bố quy hoạch chung xây dựng thủ đô đến năm 2030, tầm nh́n 2050. Lễ công bố tổ chức tại Cung triển lăm Quy hoạch quốc gia (Từ Liêm, Hà Nội).

Phát biểu tại buổi lễ, Thủ tướng Nguyễn Tấn Dũng khẳng định, việc hoàn thành quy hoạch có ư nghĩa quan trọng trong chiến lược xây dựng, phát triển bền vững thủ đô Hà Nội. Đây cũng là cơ sở pháp lư cho việc quản lư đầu tư xây dựng, phát triển đô thị và phát huy mọi tiềm năng, thế mạnh của thủ đô; từng bước nâng cao điều kiện sống của người dân...

Theo Thủ tướng, việc phê duyệt quy hoạch có ư nghĩa quan trọng, nhưng mới là kết quả bước, để quy hoạch đi vào cuộc sống c̣n nhiều việc phải làm. "Tôi yêu cầu UBND Hà Nội cần khẩn trương phổ biến quy hoạch cho các tầng lớp người dân; phối hợp với Bộ Xây dựng tập trung chỉ đạo xây dựng, ban hành quy chế quản lư quy hoạch, tổ chức lập và phê duyệt quy hoạch phân khu, quy hoạch chi tiết trên toàn thành phố, quản lư chặt việc đầu tư phát triển theo đúng quy hoạch được duyệt", Thủ tướng nhấn mạnh.

Cũng theo người đứng đầu Chính phủ, từ quy hoạch chung xây dựng Hà Nội, cần rà soát, bổ sung cho quy hoạch vùng thủ đô, quy hoạch vùng kinh tế trọng điểm phía bắc. Các bộ, ngành và địa phương khẩn trương rà soát quy hoạch chuyên ngành theo lĩnh vực trên địa bàn, tạo điều kiện đẩy mạnh thu hút nguồn lực.

Mô h́nh Hà Nội hiện trạng và tương lai gần. Ảnh: Hoàng Hà

Việc công bố quy hoạch chung Hà Nội cũng đánh dấu sự khai trương của Cung triển lăm Quy hoạch quốc gia - công tŕnh có chức năng trưng bày các mô h́nh, bản vẽ, đồ án quy hoạch. Hiện, ở Cung triển lăm, hàng chục sa bàn, bản vẽ thể hiện sự phát triển của Hà Nội trong tương lai được trưng bày khắp 3 tầng của ṭa nhà...

Sau khi công bố quy hoạch chung xây dựng thủ đô, UBND Hà Nội sẽ có trách nhiệm triển khai các quy hoạch phân khu, quy hoạch chi tiết.

Theo quy hoạch, đến năm 2050, thủ đô Hà Nội là trung tâm đầu năo chính trị, hành chính quốc gia, đô thị loại đặc biệt; là trung tâm văn hóa, giáo dục đào tạo và khoa học kỹ thuật quan trọng của cả nước; là một trong những trung tâm kinh tế, giao dịch, du lịch, thương mại, dịch vụ của cả nước và khu vực châu Á - Thái B́nh Dương.

Nguyễn Hưng

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #97
tq
i'm a hanoian

Hà Nội trong tương lai qua mô h́nh, bản vẽ tại triển lăm

Sông Hồng chảy giữa ḷng thành phố, bên trong là khu vực hồ Tây.

Khu vực bán đảo Linh Đàm.

Khu vực đường vành đai 3.

Khu đô thị Mỹ Đ́nh rực rỡ trong đêm.

Khu công nghiệp Mê Linh.

Cây cầu Nhật Tân lung linh trên sông Hồng.
Đại lộ Thăng Long

Không gian quy hoạch đô thị vệ tinh Sơn Tây.

Khu đô thị mới Thanh Lâm - Đại Thịnh.

Khu nhà ở xă hội huyện Từ Liêm với quy mô 10 héc ta.

Khu nhà ở hỗn hợp Green Viap.

Công viên công nghệ tại khu công nghệ cao Ḥa Lạc với các công tŕnh dịch vụ công cộng.

Mô h́nh khu đô thị kiểu mẫu và các dự án mở rộng. Đến năm 2030, diện tích b́nh quân nhà ở khu vực đô thị tối thiểu là 30 m2 sàn sử dụng/người và nhà ở nông thôn là 25 m2 sàn/người.

Thị trấn sinh thái Chúc Sơn trở thành trung tâm hỗ trợ phát triển vùng nông thôn huyện Chương Mỹ với đất xây dựng đô thị khoảng 1.300 héc ta.

Đô thị vệ tinh Phú Xuyên là đô thị cửa ngơ phía nam Hà Nội, là đầu mối giao thông quốc gia và trung chuyển hàng hóa. Đất xây dựng đô thị khoảng 2.500-3.000 héc

Đô thị vệ tinh Sóc Sơn, cửa ngơ phía Bắc thủ đô kết nối với đô thị trung tâm qua tuyến quốc lộ 3. Nơi đây sẽ phát triển về công nghiệp, dịch vụ hàng không, du lịch nghỉ dưỡng sinh thái với đất xây dựng đô thị khoảng 5.500 héc ta. Sóc Sơn cũng sẽ đẩy mạnh các khu vui chơi thể thao như trường đua ngựa, sân golf.

Tổng thể sa bàn thủ đô tại Cung triển lăm quy hoạch Quốc gia.
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #98
tq
i'm a hanoian

PM Dung ratifies master plan for Hanoi
Last update 29/07/2011 11:43:00 AM (GMT+7)

source: VietNamNet

Quote:
VietNamNet Bridge – Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has ratified a master plan for Hanoi city towards 2030, aiming it to become a modern city with five satellite urban areas.

Accordingly, the capital city will have a metropolis, five satellite urban areas and several towns linked together. It will boast modern infrastructure while still retaining cultural and traditional heritages.

The metropolis will be broadened and by 2030, will have a constructed area of over 55,000 hectares and population of 4.6 million.

Headquarters of the Government, State, Communist Party, and National Assembly will be located in Ba Dinh District.

Sai Gon Giai Phong reported that the five satellite urban areas - Hoa Lac, Son Tay, Xuan Mai, Phu Xuyen and Soc Son – will have certain autonomy with distinct features.

For example, Hoa Lac in the west will be a science, technology and education center while Son Tay in the northwest will be a cultural, historical and tourist hub.

Xuan Mai in the southwest is envisaged to become a handicraft and trade village while Phu Xuyen in the south will comprise industrial zones and cargo trans-shipment areas. Soc Son in the north will focus on airline, industry and services.

Universities will cluster in suburban areas and the number of students will reduce to about 300,000 within the city center. Health clinics for treatment of highly communicable diseases will be located in outlying areas.

Regional highway systems will be built connecting Hanoi to surrounding provinces.

Eight more bridges and tunnels
will be built across the Red River (Song Hong) and five bridges will be constructed to span the Duong River and the Da River.

Human Resource

Meanwhile, the government had earlier announced a master plan for developing human resources in Vietnam in 2011-2020.

Accordingly, the country is expected to have about 30.5 million trained workers in the next ten years.

The aim is to sharply increase the proportion of trained workers in various fields, from 40 percent in 2010 to 70 percent in 2020, VOV reported.

The number of trained workers will rise from 15.5 percent to 50 percent in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sector, from 78 percent to 92 percent in industries, from 41 percent to 56 percent in the construction sector, and from 67 percent to 88 percent in the service sector.

VOV reported that Vietnam will have a total of 573 universities and colleges by 2020.

VietNamNet/Tuoi Tre
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #99
tq
i'm a hanoian

HN’s master plan officially publicized
Friday, 29 July 2011 17:40

source: INFO.vn

Quote:
The Municipal People’s Committee of Hà Nội and the Ministry of Construction on July 29 officially made public a master plan for Hà Nội until 2030 with a vision toward 2050.

PM Nguyễn Tấn Dũng and local leaders viiew a model of the Hà Nội master planning project, Hà Nội, July 29, 2011 – Photo: VGP/Nhật Bắc

Present at the ceremony, Prime Minister Nguyễn Tấn Dũng said he believed that Hà Nội would be developed as the national hub of politics, administration, culture, education and science and one of economic, tourism and service centers in the Asia-Pacific Region.

He said the master plan is of great significance as it plays an important role in both municipal and national socio-economic development strategies.

The master plan established an important legal foundation for the Capital City in the course of the development, improving the citizens’ living standards, and spurring the development of the Red Delta and the country as a whole, he added.

On behalf of the Government, the Prime Minister commended the Ministry of Construction and the Hà Nội People’s Committee during the drafting process of the master plan.

Mr. Dũng also thanked the Party and National Assembly’s leaders for their interests in the master plan while treasuring the participation of both domestic and international consultants, experts, and scientists for their contributions to the document.

“We are still in the initial step. There are many tasks lying ahead and requiring more efforts and determination”
, said Mr. Dũng.

The Prime Minister asked the municipal authorities to disseminate the master plan to local residents and work with relevant ministries and agencies to put forth appropriate mechanisms, policies in order to put the master plan into reality.

The Ministry of Construction was assigned to direct and supervise the implementation of the master plan and timely resolve arising obstacles.

Relevant ministries and agencies were asked to work with Hà Nội to promptly review and adjust planning projects, realize the ratified master plan project and lure more investment into it.

The same day, the Prime Minister witnessed the inauguration of the Exhibition of National Planning and viewed the Model of the Hà Nội Master Planning Project./.

By Hương Giang

Source: VGP News
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #100
tq
i'm a hanoian

for those people who wants to attend the exhibition about Hanoi's masterplan:

Cung Triển lăm Quy hoạch Quốc gia/ National Planning Exhibition

(National Convention Center Zone)

> Đỗ Đức Dục Street, Mễ Tŕ Commune, Từ Liêm District, HANOI

opening date: 30th June 2011