daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2016, 08:44 PM   #361
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

I've used that exit. Off I-78. Exit 67.

I think the little tails on the Ls look silly. Otherwise it comes down to that I'm more used to Highway Gothic.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2016, 10:22 PM   #362
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

bah, we all know where the future is going...
Old February 18th, 2016, 06:56 PM   #363
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

Some new Slovak traffic signs are now displayed in wikipedia.
https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoznam...k_na_Slovensku

Currently, the technical standards making Tern typeface the official typeface of Slovakia has recently entered into force. But the signs has not been redesigned or edited (except directional ones) yet. Now we have transitional period with old signs and new designs.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 07:02 PM   #364
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19412

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Now we have transitional period with old signs and new designs.
That could last a very long time. The Netherlands introduced the 'redesign' (ANWB Uu) on non-motorways in 1998 and went on a replacement spree, installing 100,000 new signs by 2007, and the old style signs still remained somewhat common. Eventually they decided not to go through with 'redesign' in 2015.

It's like the canceling of Clearview, but then much worse (they not only changed the font, but also the arrows and general layout).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 07:14 PM   #365
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

I did not mean the transition period in terms of implementation but in terms of preparing the legal regulations. Now (since 1st February 2016) the law recognizes old signs (colours, symbols and text alignment, layout) with new design (new type of arrows and font) and new signs (in field) are placed accordingly. But once the signs-template list is done, entire new signs will be introduced into legal regulations.

I don't think the transition period in terms of preparation will take long time. Implementation is something else. We still have signs from 1960s here :-) Written in different fonts :-)

On the other hand, Ministry is planning the reclassification of roads including an amendment in road numbering. It means that we will be forced to change the signs ultimately.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:18 AM   #366
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Similar fonts Iceland-Denmark ?

It seems like Iceland has the same fonts as in Denmark.

Maybe the iceland fonts are slightly thicker. The letter "L" has the same shape
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:47 AM   #367
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
That could last a very long time. The Netherlands introduced the 'redesign' (ANWB Uu) on non-motorways in 1998 and went on a replacement spree, installing 100,000 new signs by 2007, and the old style signs still remained somewhat common. Eventually they decided not to go through with 'redesign' in 2015.
It is quite natural that the transition period is rather long when the changes are minor. Most the signs in Finland were fine-tuned in 1994, and the original transition period was to last until the end of 2003. It was, however, extended to the end of 2008. This allowed the signs to be replaced within their natural replacement cycle.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM   #368
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I don't think the transition period in terms of preparation will take long time. .
Such projects typically take a long time.

"The French Model" of the signage was put in place in Finland in 1994. Since that, there has been discussions if the multi-coloured multi-layered uppercase advance signs are easily readable or not. In addition, the colouring rules are somewhat too complex for all signmakers on understand. (In the advance sign class B, the color of arrow and number sign field background follows the color of text unless the background of text is white, then the arrow and number field background is blue except if there are several destinations for an arrow having different coloring then the arrow field shall be blue unless some of the text fields is green and no blue exists then the arrow field may be green etc.)

The Ministry of Transport initiated a project to renew the current traffic regulations, which currently is a very scattered one. Initially, they planned for a quick print of 12 months. Now, the schedule is somewhat more relaxed: They started in the summer 2013 and the proposals are planned to be presented to the Parliament in late 2016. A huge information campaign will follow, and the laws might be in effect in mid-2018.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2016, 05:08 AM   #369
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17511

Brazil

Last edited by xrtn2; March 1st, 2016 at 05:18 AM.
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2016, 03:12 PM   #370
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17511

Brazil part 2

SP-348 Rodovia dos Bandeirantes by Ricardo Bianchi, no Flickr

SP-70 Rodovia Ayrton Senna by Ricardo Bianchi, no Flickr

SÓo Palo and Brazil by Hunter Blank, no Flickr

Rodovia Carvalho Pinto (SP-70) by Ricardo Bianchi, no Flickr

image hosted on flickr
xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags