daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: Which City
Berlin 35 11.40%
Birmingham 27 8.79%
Brussles 24 7.82%
Leeds 31 10.10%
Liverpool 28 9.12%
Manchester 12 3.91%
Milan 22 7.17%
The Hague 76 24.76%
Valencia 21 6.84%
Vienna 31 10.10%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #121
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
 
bobalania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Posts: 1,453
Likes (Received): 4

I should get some Middlesbrough Skyline/Teesside skyline pictures up here, as i think for a small population area, you'd be pleasentley surprised.

If you were to include the Teesside Industrial Skyline (Haverton Hill or Wilton) i dare to say, at night, there's only London that beats it in terms of skyline in the UK.
bobalania no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #122
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Middlesbrough is a horrible place,
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #123
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
 
bobalania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Posts: 1,453
Likes (Received): 4

Justify your statement then.

Have you ever been? I wasn't saying if it was nice or not (which it is nice) i was saying it has a good skyline.

And don't come out with that CRAP from Channel 4 about it being the worst city, they couldn't even get there research right, for starters they called it a 'city'.

Don't insult it Middlesbrough is a brilliant place, we like the rest of the country to think its crap so we can keep Teesside to ourselves! With its wonderful heritage, people and countryside.
bobalania no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:32 AM   #124
Republica
BUND
 
Republica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 4,036
Likes (Received): 3

come on show us some pics then. i want to see.
__________________
Rant
Republica no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 05:42 AM   #125
werner10
Registered User
 
werner10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 579
Likes (Received): 847

Amsterdam - South Axis district
image hosted on flickr

by Toofonky/Flickr

image hosted on flickr

by Frandalf/Flickr
__________________
Cui bono?

Last edited by werner10; October 25th, 2009 at 05:48 AM.
werner10 no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #126
Ramses
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,042
Likes (Received): 21

The Hague >>>sroll>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
In the nex few years there will be at least 5 additional skyskrapers be built, 3 of them will be higher than our current tallest in the middle.
Ramses no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #127
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
 
bobalania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Posts: 1,453
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republica View Post
come on show us some pics then. i want to see.
Thats what i was going to say, haven't been out to get some of the skyline yet, but will go out soon. Suppose you'll just have to take my word for it (or not :P) until i get them up.
bobalania no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #128
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalania View Post
Thats what i was going to say, haven't been out to get some of the skyline yet, but will go out soon. Suppose you'll just have to take my word for it (or not :P) until i get them up.
Mate Ive been up your end up to new castle sunderland middlesbrough its a huge dump up there its horrible depressing place
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #129
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!
 
bobalania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Posts: 1,453
Likes (Received): 4

hehe, you obviously don't have a clue what your talking about. :P You obivously haven't opened your eyes and seen the wonderful countryside and iconic landmarks we have.

+ I'm not going to get into an argument with you about it a. because it would be going off topic and b. for the fact that its "Newcastle" not "new castle".

Don't come out with such crap when you don't know what your talking about.
bobalania no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #130
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalania View Post
hehe, you obviously don't have a clue what your talking about. :P You obivously haven't opened your eyes and seen the wonderful countryside and iconic landmarks we have.

+ I'm not going to get into an argument with you about it a. because it would be going off topic and b. for the fact that its "Newcastle" not "new castle".

Don't come out with such crap when you don't know what your talking about.
post a picture you muppet,
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #131
wiggleyleeds
wiggledypiggleypuddinghed
 
wiggleyleeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Leeds
Posts: 12,941
Likes (Received): 1143

leeds has improved a lot in the last 5 years. This photo from about 8 years ago shows it had no skyline at all before

wiggleyleeds no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #132
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 18,488
Likes (Received): 6824

Quote:
If you were to include the Teesside Industrial Skyline (Haverton Hill or Wilton) i dare to say, at night, there's only London that beats it in terms of skyline in the UK.
If it's so good then how come nobody in the UK has any idea what it looks like and why aren't there aren't any pictures on Flickr,just a thought.


Also while I'm at it,13 people all off the Leeds forum all think Leeds has the best second tier skyline in Europe hey,you know you don't believe it (jasony aside) and you also know it's not true,so why vote that way? It's ridiculous.
Paul D no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #133
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggleyleeds View Post
leeds has improved a lot in the last 5 years. This photo from about 8 years ago shows it had no skyline at all before

wow wiggley what year was that taken?
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #134
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
If it's so good then how come nobody in the UK has any idea what it looks like and why aren't there aren't any pictures on Flickr,just a thought.


Also while I'm at it,13 people all off the Leeds forum all think Leeds has the best second tier skyline in Europe hey,you know you don't believe it (jasony aside) and you also know it's not true,so why vote that way? It's ridiculous.
They don't after do what i say do they, they do have a brain of there own, all i said was vote for Leeds it needs to be higher they don't after do it do they, And Leeds has got a good skyline for UK standards
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #135
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
Clarence Docks Leeds image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

It's as good as any other UK city

Last edited by jaysony; October 27th, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #136
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 18,488
Likes (Received): 6824

Do you and the other thirteen actually believe that Leeds has the best second tier European skyline yes or no.Do People from outside of Leeds agree,maybe I'm missing something?
Paul D no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #137
jaysony
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Leeds,UK
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Do you and the other thirteen actually believe that Leeds has the best second tier European skyline yes or no.Do People from outside of Leeds agree,maybe I'm missing something?
Look im not here to argue its up to them isnt it so whats it matter, and liverpool isnt the best iver Bham Leeds Liverpool Manchester all Pritty much average non out shine each other
jaysony no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #138
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 18,488
Likes (Received): 6824

Quote:
It's as good as any other UK city

Then why has it always finished way down in the voting in the UK's best skyline threads? Also pictures of Clarence Dock and Bridewater Place aren't skyline shots so stop posting them in skyline threads.
Paul D no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #139
Conor
Registered User
 
Conor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Belfast
Posts: 1,534
Likes (Received): 58

Just having a few tall buildings doesn't mean Leeds has Europe's best 2nd tier skyline. Its not just about height, its about the buildings appearance too. Leeds mainly has a few plastic clad highrises and bland developments dominating the skyline. I realise there are some exceptions, but there are much better 2nd tier skylines elsewhere in Europe.

My favs:

1. Amsterdam.
2. Vilnius
3. Liverpool

Wasn't to impressed with Berlin's skyline when I went, although I loved the dominating TV tower from pretty much every part of the city, and Potzdamer platz is amazing.
Conor no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #140
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
 
Paul D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 18,488
Likes (Received): 6824

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysony View Post
Look im not here to argue its up to them isnt it so whats it matter, and liverpool isnt the best iver Bham Leeds Liverpool Manchester all Pritty much average non out shine each other
Why has it always finished above Brum and manc in various threads then,bias aside? I know they're only opinions like,I know it's not gospel but it's a good pointer.
Paul D no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
europe, skyline, the hague, vienna

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium