daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > New South Wales

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 10th, 2004, 07:37 AM   #1
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1984

#Projects & Discussion | CENTRAL COAST

does anyone know anything about this 12storey for Gosford?

D.A. ready for lodgement 56 units [= 4x4 + 11x3 + 31x2 + 10x1 ] + retail podium of about 1,000 square metres + 2 dedicated commercial floors of total of about 1,000 square metres for medical centre, space for ambulance etc, 2 basements for 200 cars, value with D.A. approval say $5-5.5 million

Sponsored Links

Old February 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM   #2
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 294

Nope but i guess it is near Gosford Hospital which is itself undergoing redevelopment??

12 storeys is pretty crap though and the building is an abomination... very ugly.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #3
climbing_crane

Likes (Received):

The building has a nice roof but Gosford is a hole.
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #4
CULWULLA

heres the 9storey OUTRIGGER RESORT uc at Ettalong Beach! looks good, im moving to umina soon so im stones throw away. ill get pix. supposed to be open april 2005,
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #5
Vitriol
I speak the truth

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbing_crane
The building has a nice roof but Gosford is a hole.
LOL, how true! I'd rather spend a weekend at Cessnock Caravan Park than the dump that is Gosford. However, Woy Woy has a beautiful island.
Vitriol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #6
Syd-Hk
What Title?

Likes (Received): 1

I've noticed that too... Gosford is all houses. I dont think that there is enough population to support a skyscraper yet.
Syd-Hk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #7
finn

Likes (Received): 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd-Hk
I've noticed that too... Gosford is all houses. I dont think that there is enough population to support a skyscraper yet.
Don't bet on it! Look at this rendering of three little 'scrapers that are currently under construction up on the hills above Gosford! The Sanctuary at Rumbalara:

Towers are popping up in suburban centres everywhere across the Sydney metro...even up on the Central Coast!
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 01:46 AM   #8
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn
Towers are popping up in suburban centres everywhere across the Sydney metro...
Yes, and most of them tend to be pretty ordinary but that's a different story and a matter of personal opinion.

Are there 3 or 4 towers in the The Sanctuary at Rumbalara render? It looks like one tower is hiding mostly behind the middle one, or it may just be curving around longer than the other 2.

Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 02:12 AM   #9
CULWULLA

Central Coast is the fastest gr0wing area in NSW! and one of fastest in Australia! its booming up there and these 8-12storey bldgs are going up everywhere !
Rumbarlara is amazing ! the 3 x12storey towers sit high above the Gosford CBD with commanding views!
Gosford is certainly not houses. lol There is approvals for 15storey towers atm in CBD.
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:18 AM   #10
Muse
Supernature

O.K. So The Sanctuary @ Rumbalara consists of 3 towers. Actually, I now notice the end one curves around being longer too.

Genuine photo:

Last edited by Muse; June 10th, 2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:14 AM   #11
Muse
Supernature

The Sanctuary @ Rumbalara is being advertised soooooooooooo heavily. T.V. commercials, the property pages in newspapers and even in the Wentworth Courier Central. Have I missed any other places it's being advertised?
Old June 15th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #12
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Looked alot better, Blue and more glass in the render
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #13
finn

Likes (Received): 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trances
Looked alot better, Blue and more glass in the render
Actually, the real-life photograph is taken from almostthe same angle as the third tower in the rendering (the tower that is furthest away) - I think it looks pretty much the same. But how shocking is that concrete covered hillside leading down to it!

Last edited by finn; June 15th, 2004 at 09:11 AM.
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #14
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse
The Sanctuary @ Rumbalara is being advertised soooooooooooo heavily. T.V. commercials, the property pages in newspapers and even in the Wentworth Courier Central. Have I missed any other places it's being advertised?
I've heard it on the radio as well on MIX 106.5 during ad breaks a couple of months ago. They haven't been playing it as of late. Also the developers (Estate Properties) are same ones in charge of Escen down at Parramatta.

Also I'm sure an apartment in the complex was given as a prize during a promotion by The Daily Telegraph.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #15
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd-Hk
LOL nice to see you know what you are talking about, the Central Coast (compared to wollongong) has a larger population, larger malls, more expensive housing but unfortunately poorer roads! It also has greater numbers of taller buildings, which are not limited to just Gosford or the Entrance. Terrigal has a couple of tall bulldings while Erina has an large office tower under construction... The Entrance is home to the tallest skyscraper in NSW outside The Sydney metro area! Where are you getting your facts from Syd-HK?

BTW Gosford has several towers all built around the hill that already exceed 10 levels. Most of these don't look as high, as they are partially hidden bu other towers, hills and vegetation. I think Panorama Towers is 12-14 levels.

Last edited by Avatar; July 6th, 2004 at 05:54 PM.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #16
CULWULLA

Central Coast is BOOMING! thats why im moving there! lol
theres an article in todays tele, showing how the coast is not for the "the newly wed or the nearly dead" but families are now chosing a "seachange" and moving in droves to a great lifestyle!
Old July 6th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #17
CULWULLA

pic of 9storey Outrigger at Ettalong from my balcony. (thru the trees) lol
it really dominates the township as the next tallest is 2-3 storey walkups.

Old July 6th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #18
Syd-Hk
What Title?

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar
LOL nice to see you know what you are talking about, the Central Coast has a larger population, larger malls, more expensive housing but unfortunately poorer roads! It also has greater numbers of taller buildings, which are not limited to just Gosford or the Entrance. Terrigal has a couple of tall bulldings while Erina has an large office tower under construction... The Entrance is home to the tallest skyscraper in NSW outside The Sydney metro area. Where are you getting your facts from Syd-HK?

BTW Gosford has several towers all built around the hill that already exceed 10 levels. Most of these don't look as high as they are partially hidden. I think Panorama Towers is 12-14 levels.
the last time i went up there was around 12 years ago!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

nice picture cullwa ,it won't be long until the sydney-central coast area will become another skyscraper forest.
Syd-Hk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #19
CULWULLA

managed to snap these pix today of the massive outrigger UC in Ettalong.
it had a small tree on top so i guess its topped out.

Old November 5th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #20
CULWULLA

bump