daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #681
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

2)another roadtrip in romania:
braila-DN2B-buzau-DN10-nehoiu-intorsura buzaului-brasov-DN73-rasnov-DN73A-zarnesti.
from zarnesti i made a trip to poiana brasov(DN73A-DN1E) and one to bran-campulung(on DN73).
the return route from zarnesti:
zarnesti-DN73A-rasnov-predeal-DN1-ploiesti-DN1B-buzau-DN2B-braila
all pictures are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rmihailu...200801ian2009#
comments from where the photo was taken are under each photo.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #682
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

I'm planning to do a small roadtrip tomorrow.
I live in Sargans, Switzerland (near Liechtenstein) and I have to go to Mendrisio in Southern Switzerland in the morning.
For the return trip I have the whole afternoon and I'm planning a little detour over Italy and some mountain passes.
I'm not sure If I should take the Maloja or the Bernina pass. Anyone has driven on these before and can recommend one?
Here are the routes at Google Maps:
Maloja
Bernina

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #683
panda80

I've been to bernina one month ago and the landscape there is really wonderful.regarding maloja, i haven't been there but i think bernina is more spectacular because it's a higher altitude pass, with views to peaks of 4000m.So even if it's longer, i suggest you to go via bernina.also from pontresina to sargans you can choose the route over fluela pass and davos instead of julierpass.if you will choose fluela tell me please how spectacular it is, because at the end of april, when i've been to switzerland, it was still closed.
Old June 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #684
panda80

3)from 17th of april till 2nd of may i made an european tour on the following route, covering 14 countries and 6500km:
braila-bucharest-pitesti-sibiu-arad-szeged-budapest(between szeged and budapest i used national road, it's the best option if you travel at night and don't further need a vignette, i encountered under 100vehicles on the whole road)-szentendre-esztergom-sturovo-bratislava-wien-linz-passau(between linz and passau again national road on the banks of danube)-regensburg-nurnberg-bamberg-wurzburg(between bamberg and wurzburg national road 22)-frankfurt-venlo(i used a61)-nijmegen-renkum-wageningen(shortcut n225-a12)-a30-a1-amsterdam-delft(stayed there 5 nights, made a trip to amsterdam and a bike trip to gouda and leiden)-rotterdam-hellegatsplein-n59-n256-goes-wemeldinge(stayed there 2 nights, on the day in between made a trip to brugge-gent, and another one to middelburg and vlissingen)-a58-a4-antwerpen-hasselt-bilzen-maastricht-a2-battice(through natinal road shortcut)-verviers-spa circuit-st. vith-luxembourg-metz-nancy-strasbourg(through the national road n4, french motorways are too expensive)-kehl-a5-rust(europa park, stayed there 1 day, incredible)-basel-zurich-walensee-balzers-maienfeld-landquart-davos-tiefencastel-st. moritz-tirano-edolo-bolzano-canazei-passo sella-passo gardena-corvara-passo valparola-cortina-auronzo-lorenzago-tolmezzo-tarvisio-arnoldstein-feistritz(on national road 85)-ferlach-bleiburg-ravne-dravograd-maribor-ptuj-zavrc-varazdin-osijek-vukovar-tovarnik-sid-belgrade-drobeta turnu severin-craiova-pitesti-bucharest-braila.
the pictures are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rmihailu...CountriesTrip#
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #685
panda80

and the 4th trip:
a balkan trip through romania-serbia-bosnia-croatia-montenegro-albania:
bucharest-pitesti-craiova-drobeta turnu severin-kladovo-negotin-zajecar-paracin-jagodina-kragujevac-cacak-uzice-visegrad-ustipraca-rogatica-podromanija-sarajevo-konjic-mostar-siroki brijeg-imotski-cista provo-bisko-dugopolje-split-omis-makarska-ploce-neum-dubrovnik-herceg novi-kotor-budva-bar-ulcinj-shkoder-hani i hotit-podgorica-tuzi-matesevo-kolasin-moraca canyon-podgorica-virpazar-petrovac-podgorica-cetinje-lovcen mt-kotor-budva-cetinje-cevo-niksic-savnik-zabljak-savnik-pluzine-brod-cemerno-brod-gorazde-cajnice-pljevlja-zabljak-mojkovac-prijepolje-uzice-valjevo-belgrade-pancevo-kovin-bela crkva-kaluderovo-oravita-anina-bozovici-iablanita-baile herculane-baia de arama-targu jiu-ramnicu valcea-pitesti-bucharest.
here are the photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rmihailu...omeBalkanRoads
under each photos there is a comment where i say where the photo was taken, as usual.unfortunately there are not many pics, but i can assure you that you will remember for a lifetime if u visit these countries.landscape here is wonderful, there are also numerous historic cities, sea, mountains, a lot of spectacular gorges, impressive roads, and most important, very warm people.
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #686
lpioe

Thanks for the tips panda80.
I'll probably go over Bernina, and if there is enough time Flüelä also.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Old June 5th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #687
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

My last roadtrip was last summer, in Alaska: Anchorage-Denali-Fairbanks-Arctic Circle-Fairbanks-Valdez-Anchorage.
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #688
WonderlandPark
nomadist

Likes (Received): 478

Here is a graphic that I did for last year's travels, all trips over 200mi/300k
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #689
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10381

Wow...I'm jealous.
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #690
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

Wow, that's a really cool map.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #691
DSzumaher
Infra's user

Likes (Received): 9722

Great photos. Nowhere I couldn't find the photos from that section (Munich-Karawanke), so heartfelt thanks once again.

In the picture it can't see clearly, so I'd like to ask:
What is the speed limit in Katschbergtunnel? 80 or 100 km/h?
DSzumaher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #692
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Austrian signage: disastrous
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #693
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Austrian signage: disastrous
I hope you're not referring to the Ljubljana sign. It's there just to distinguish it from Maribor (which isn't on the sign, as it would be too funny). Slovenia looks huge there, as you have to decide already in Salzburg (almost in Germany) where to go. Unless you meant Austrian signage in general, but what's so bad about it? I like it actually; old signs look rather ancient, but new signs look fine to me.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #694
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The different fonts are sometimes unlegible, and look messy. Add millions of country codes to that, and the mess is complete... No, Austrian signage is the one I like least in Europe, under the category: UK, Italy.
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #695
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

I have never lost in Austria. For me the signage is not bad at all. You just have to get used to it, like any other country.
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #696
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It's not that it's poorly signed, it's just it's not very good legible, and not aesthetic at all. But it functions, same as Belgium.
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #697
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i agree with Chris. ok, UK is the worst one for me, but probably just because i got used to austrian since i have driven in Austria many times
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #698
lpioe

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
also from pontresina to sargans you can choose the route over fluela pass and davos instead of julierpass.if you will choose fluela tell me please how spectacular it is, because at the end of april, when i've been to switzerland, it was still closed.
I finally took the Maloja and the Flüelä. It was raining when I had to make the decision between Maloja and Bernina so I thought I save the Bernina for nice weather.
About the Flüelä: It has some nice views, but what's missing are really high mountains sourrounding it.
An advantage is that you pass by Davos, one of the major tourist destinations in Switzerland.
Here are 3 shots from the Flüelä pass road:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Old June 7th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #699
GregfromAustria

Likes (Received): 0

the austrian signage is getting better and better ....
GregfromAustria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #700
panda80

nice!You made me jealous i couldn't pass fluela...but next time i surely won't miss it.

Tags
autobahn, autoroute, france, highway, motorway, pirineos, pirineus, road, road trip, roadtrip