daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 14th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #21
El Cholo

Likes (Received): 144

Great photography work there Paradise.
El Cholo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #22
pokistic

Likes (Received): 4

So where is this at?

[IMG]http://i44.************/vr3fpv.jpg[/IMG]
pokistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #23
kardeee

Likes (Received): 0

Great shots!
kardeee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #24
mike7743

Likes (Received): 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooik4890 View Post
Have you ever been to America? New York, Chicago, Boston, D.C, and San Francisco are all just as good, if not better than most European cities.

indeed, I dare anyone to name any city in Europe that comes close to New York. our cities are incredible, after all we invented the modern world.
mike7743 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #25
cardiff

Likes (Received): 5979

London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Berlin.......lol. I think you'll find the indutrial revolution happened in the UK as well. Anyway American cities ive been to have been great, Chicago and New York especially!
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #26
Sass
...läuft!

Likes (Received): 0

The difference is that european cities are not just 5-10 skyscrapers in the centre with just drive-in's and parking garages around them (like most amreican cities), they have history with old and new architecture (and even skyscrapers, too). But New York really is the most impressive city in the world (even more than Paris, Berlin and London).

Back to the thread - these are great pictures of New York!!!
Sass no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #27
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass View Post
The difference is that european cities are not just 5-10 skyscrapers in the centre with just drive-in's and parking garages around them (like most amreican cities), they have history with old and new architecture (and even skyscrapers, too). But New York really is the most impressive city in the world (even more than Paris, Berlin and London).

Back to the thread - these are great pictures of New York!!!
The USA is ONE country....no matter th the preference for the car and the fact that many of our cities are more suburban orientated, it isn't fair to be comparing all of EUROPE with one country. Of course, due to the age of europe you'll find more history there, but you can't forget that each country in Europe has a CAPITAL city...and often those cities were capitals of EMPIRES, and even when not, they were treated like capitals with all the special and grand architecture that goes along with that..... so in no way is it fair to compare EUROPE to the USA in terms of cities. The USA does quite well I think for a young country. Comparing the USA with one country like Germany, Australia, Japan, Brazil, or Russia would be more appropriate. The States in the US are no way comparable to the countries in the EU in the way they work.

Also, our cities went through huge crime waves resulting in massive depopulation and ghetto formation -- many cities are still reeling and may never come back (detroit, cincinnati, etc..) Some are recovering slowly (Washington, D.C, Philadelphia, Chicago)

If you took NYC and combined it with the capital city Washington, you'd have an even more impressive city comparable to London or Paris or Stuttgart/Frankfurt -- the german cities are the most impresive in terms of beauty.

Last edited by aquablue; October 7th, 2009 at 02:17 AM.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #28
cardiff

Likes (Received): 5979

I dont think you really know much about Europe, comparing the usa with a population in 100's of millions to European countries in tens of millions is a bit stupid! New York fails to be the most impressive city for me because it lacks the trapings of being capital city, but even then there are far more interesting cities other than New York and other than Europe. I think you need to travel a bit more. I found Chicago far nicer than New York anyway, has a more human feel but then thats my taste. You cant say New York is the best, only in your opinion because it isnt in mine.

Why would comparing USA to Germany be more apropriate? The German nation might not be old but its constituent parts are. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i find northern european cities prettier, but then im from that region. Germany is a bit too twee for me though i dont have alot of experiance of Germany.
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote