daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Western Australia

Old June 11th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #1
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

Likes (Received): 9

Projects & Discussions | Inner City Development

The Elder Street carpark should have apartments on top. Demolishing a 2 level carpark to build a 4 level carpark is absurd. Jan Gehl would be crying into his report.

Sponsored Links

Old June 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #2
pikopancho

Likes (Received): 1

I thought we had a cap on the number of new carparks in the city, or does that only apply to private business?
pikopancho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Skyline Art
Currently Overseas

Likes (Received): 222

Elder Street is excluded from that plan i think... or it was as it was challenged... or the reason was it was already there before., they just wanted to rebuild it for more. Anyway I think the debate on this went as far as PCC taking the state govt to the court over this ... i may be wrong..... but that is what i heard...

btw We are not supposed to post in this thread here, unless we have an update/ photos/ news etc.. no discussion that is... the other thread is for that: i.e use inner city developments discussion thread... i guess a mod will move these posts later..
Skyline Art no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM   #4
alvse

Likes (Received): 252

Projects & Discussions | Inner City Development | Q3 2009

+=

Last edited by alvse; August 20th, 2010 at 07:55 AM.
alvse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:07 AM   #5
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by docker View Post
they are now trying to advertise this building, yeah.

Nexus (Approved)
Loftus Street, WEST LEEDERVILLE
Most Recent News

found a website

http://www.nexusbuilding.com.au/

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
docker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:55 AM   #6
crave
fierce buildings papi.

Likes (Received): 504

do tha panels/louvres move? if so go for it... if not... please go glass and make it look classy not trashy...

it's like tha ecu library but not quite... and i thought colour psychology says 'yellow' is a happy colour... :p
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #7
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

i think it looks awesome like it is, and i don't think they move...

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #8
crave
fierce buildings papi.

lol.

Quote:
Yellow

Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.
Old June 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #9
ryan79
Destorying our history

Likes (Received): 409

I really like this building. I have a view of Strathfield from my office and it would be great to see it go up.

Interesting facts on Yellow. How would it speed metabolism though?
Old June 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #10
samboy

Likes (Received): 467

Probably just being operated for the purposes of laundering money but it should be interesting to check it out.

Banned nightclub owner starts new Northbridge venture

24th June 2009, 15:45 WST

The Northbridge nightclub that was recently shut down by police because of claims of continuing violence near the club will re-open this weekend as an alcohol-free venue, according to its former owner.

Nunzio La Bianca, who recently became the first person to be banned from working in a WA licensed venue, said this morning he had sold The Rock nightclub on Newcastle Street but would continue to operate it under its new name, Revolution Lounge.

The Rock was closed permanently last month by the WA Liquor Commission and Mr La Bianca was banned from working in a licensed venue in the State for five years.

La Bianca said that the new venue could potentially operate up to 24 hours a day but would not serve alcohol.

It will operate under an entertainment licence granted by the Perth City Council and serve food and coffee, and Mr La Bianca said security guards would prevent patrons from bringing alcohol on to the premises.

“We will be targeting the backpacker crowd and showing the soccer until all hours of the night so that people have somewhere they can come and hang out,” he said.

“We won’t have loud music, just background music, and it will be a relaxing place. I think we can make it a success.”

PERTH
RONAN O’CONNELL
samboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #11
Sanj
Melbourne quality poster

Likes (Received): 990

well it's something that we dont have much of so i think it could work (probably wont tho). i remember having to see champions league games in the middle of the night at the all night pizza cafe in vic park when i first came to perth and it used to get pretty packed.
Sanj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:02 AM   #12
ryan79
Destorying our history

Likes (Received): 409

We need morning lounges in Perth. Somewhere to hang out after a hard night clubbing, maybe have a coffee or some brekkie, but in a night club setting. If that makes sense.
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:11 AM   #13
crave
fierce buildings papi.

ryan no.

people high on crack after a 'hard' night out don't hang out in public to eat breakkie and have coffee.
Old June 25th, 2009, 03:22 AM   #14
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

this is the A-Mart Allsports site... looks like they are going the cheap from the cost.

227 Murray Street Mall
PERTH WA 6000
Retail Building 750,000.00 BA 2009/231

Old June 25th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #15
samboy

Likes (Received): 467

I don't really know what you can get for 750K these days. It seems too low even for a shitty retail development. Here's to hoping that the 750K is just for the forward works.
samboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #16
crave
fierce buildings papi.

i was just commenting on a mate's photo when he went to bendigo and reminded me of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by docker View Post
Old June 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #17
Cygnet
Sandgroper

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by crave View Post
i was just commenting on a mate's photo when he went to bendigo and reminded me of this...

http://www.bvn.com.au/BVN/internet/s...file/image.jpg
Nice! I didn't realise they had anything like that in Bendigo. It sure puts Bunbury's 'milk carton' to shame.

I've seen other photos of the town, and it looks quite nice. Would love to check it out one day.
Cygnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #18
BartBart
In the sweetspot

Likes (Received): 380

Why is the crane still sitting next to the ferry terminals on Barrack Square? I would have thought a decision on whether it is going to be used at all or not would have happened by now. Has it become the fourth feature of our waterfront region - joining the PCEC, Bell Tower and ferris wheel?
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #19
andrewM
AndrewM

Likes (Received): 33

that must be the penthouse ....apparently.

http://realtravel.com/h-67019-perth_...ide_pier_hotel

(unless I've missed something?)
Old June 29th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #20
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

Likes (Received): 9

Small bar boom cheers up city
29th June 2009, The West Australian

A quiet revolution is taking place all over the Perth metropolitan area.

Inconspicuous small bars are opening their doors on laneways and alleys to little fanfare but are welcoming small crowds of loyal customers.

Thirty small bars have so far been given licences since the licence was introduced in 2007 — and five are waiting approval.

While it is still early days, the emergence of Perth’s own small bar scene is tantalisingly close.

In the CBD, bars such as Helvetica, Alda’s Cafe and Andaluz are just a few minutes walk apart and it is these clusters that may hold the key to bringing people back into the city out of work hours.

Jan Kulski and Talmage Anderson will open their inner city bar Ezra Pound in early August, transforming an empty shell into a 1930s-inspired speakeasy.

“It’s quite exciting for us to be part of the new movement of small bars and part of a beautiful environment like a little laneway,” Mr Anderson said. “We wanted to just bring a small bar to Perth that was based on quality products at an affordable price.

“It’s a smaller environment, it’s not like a club or a beer barn, it’s just a nice place to hang out, whether you come for a quiet drink or for a social gathering and you don’t have to deal with lines and crowds and live music.”

And it’s not just about the inner city — Pure Bar and Fire and Ice in Subiaco, Mrs Brown in Fremantle and Double Lucky in Leederville are just a handful of small bars popping up in other suburbs.

Liquor industry lawyer and Small Bar Association of WA founder Dan Mossenson said small bar licences were intended to change Perth’s drinking culture.

It would be successful but it would take time.

“The desire was to get away from the traditional hotels and tavern bars into something that was different and unusual, each place offering a variety of services and facilities so people could drink in a quieter and more ambient atmosphere, which would change the mood and drinking outlook in the west,” Mr Mossenson said.

“As more premises open and there’s a greater public awareness of the diversity and the variety of services available, small bars will become more popular and will make a contribution to the social and hospitality scene.

“It took more than 20 years for Melbourne to reach the stage of development it has achieved and with the obstacles and formalities and frustrations that some of my clients have experienced in terms of preparing and presenting their applications, it will be a slow process for this to really take off here.”

Gary Beadle, who opened 399 in Northbridge a fortnight ago, said he had tried to create a community bar that catered for all ages.

“Small bars will open things up to a broader range of people who can go out and enjoy themselves without a rowdy room full of louts,” he said.

“Having all these small bars will help lift the standards of service and hopefully people will have a better experience going out. I’d like it to be the end of the big session pubs. I don’t think they really have a place in a modern culture and I hope that this small bar emergence makes people drink more sensibly.”

Tags
can ho investco babylon, mandurahboyz