daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Western Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #5541
Kelli

Likes (Received): 2143

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBart View Post
No thanks. We can let can let some other dodgy place like Ogdenville, North Haverbrook and Brockway get it.
Twas a little joke .

Edit: I see from your edit, that you see.
Kelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #5542
Dilaz89

Likes (Received): 1343

haha. Bless you, BB.
Dilaz89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM   #5543
JWPJ

Likes (Received): 356

Got reading the Post is so frustrating... people are so myopic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lise Summers
I see they have picked up on my idea of a Green Cat bus.
You know who to thank peeps
JWPJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #5544
BartBart
In the sweetspot

Likes (Received): 533

I must be stupid for picking it up each week to see what they are whingeing about each week.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM   #5545
hayds
resU deretsigeЯ

Likes (Received): 1479

[IMG]http://t3.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNKklY0l9AlDKz2iNoUvYuusolp-FySNrYm4JLkrtRkfvklfG0[/IMG]
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:55 PM   #5546
Onijin
Muppet Pastor

Likes (Received): 68

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ca...422-1xeru.html

Voted for light rail.
Onijin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:40 AM   #5547
ryan79
Destorying our history

Likes (Received): 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWPJ View Post
Got reading the Post is so frustrating... people are so myopic!

You know who to thank peeps

You can thank me for the Perth Waterfront. I came up with that idea aaaaaages ago.

Also thank me for the iPhone. I thought of an ipod and a phone coming together.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM   #5548
ChrisJudd83
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I"ll drink to that. Voted LRT also. Will be smooth and easy jumping on the light rail from one side of the CBD. Question is are we dense enough yet?
ChrisJudd83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #5549
Urbicus

Likes (Received): 2512

Answer: no. But light rail is exactly what we need to encourage density, at least along its corridor.
Urbicus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM   #5550
jackso

Likes (Received): 1276

You don't need density for light rail. Light rail builds density.
jackso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #5551
fastrak44
Keeper of IT Supports

Likes (Received): 36

Source

Quote:
WA Opposition Leader Mark McGowan unveils 20-year infrastructure plan
Rebecca Lawson - PerthNow - April 24, 201211:56AM

A 20-YEAR infrastructure plan that allows the community and businesses to make investment decisions is the aim of a new independent body touted by the State Opposition.

With the state election now less than a year away, WA Labor Leader Mark McGowan has unveiled a 20-year infrastructure model outlining the party's planning priorities across the state.

WA’s increasing population growth is one of the pillars the State Opposition is hanging its new policy commitment on if elected into government next March, as well as the State Government’s lack of long-term infrastructure planning.

``The benefits of WA's once-in-a-generation economic boom will be squandered if our infrastructure does not keep up with population growth,'' Mr McGowan said.

“[This plan is] to make sure that for the next 20 years business, the community, the public sector know exactly what the plan is for the provision of major infrastructure around Western Australia.”

The Opposition Leader named the Bunbury port upgrades, police infrastructure in Perth’s suburbs and infrastructure demands in the North-West of WA, particularly around electricity, as some of the areas that will be on the infrastructure planning ‘hit list’.

Mr McGowan, who has given himself the new portfolio of economic reform, said the plan would be overseen by an apolitical body called Infrastructure WA.

“The new body will be serviced by the premier and cabinet, which will comprise eminent West Australians who’ll look at infrastructure needs of the state, and they will look at this plan and update it on a five-yearly basis,” Mr McGowan said.

“It will be an apolitical body, a body made up by the community sector, business and the public sector.

“We hope it will get bipartisan support.”

Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA chief executive James Pearson welcomed WA Labor’s infrastructure planning strategy, saying business needed a clear understanding of what the infrastructure priorities were for the state over the long-term.

“Business needs that because it needs to understand where it should be making discretionary investments both in terms of partnering with public sector with infrastructure development and also in terms of fully funded private infrastructure,” Mr Pearson said.

“WA is experiencing an unprecedented amount of private investment and construction at the moment, what we’re not seeing is planning by the public sector.”

Mr Pearson said the State Government was already trying to do its bit, but it was the lack of support from the Federal Government that was disappointing.

Mr McGowan said Infrastructure WA would not be a duplication of the federal body Infrastructure Australia.

“Infrastructure Australia is a national body which merely funds projects suggested by the state, it puts out there money to various projects across Australia according to state priorities,” he said.

What we don’t have is a verifiable business and community-based plan for the long-term provision of infrastructure for this state.”

Mr McGowan said funds had not yet been allocated towards the party’s new infrastructure plan, saying it would be an “inexpensive proposition”.
My first attempt at doing this
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #5552
samboy

Likes (Received): 502

LOL, Good to hear they're planning to plan the plan and plan to tell us the plan when the plan is planned. And even better, the planning of the plan and the plan itself will be quite 'inexpensive'.

Meanwhile - 'Perth, Do you know me?'. Hell yea!
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #5553
JWPJ

Bureaucracy is the price we pay for impartiality... or so I'm told
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #5554
Sanj
Melbourne quality poster

Likes (Received): 1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboy View Post
LOL, Good to hear they're planning to plan the plan and plan to tell us the plan when the plan is planned. And even better, the planning of the plan and the plan itself will be quite 'inexpensive'.

Meanwhile - 'Perth, Do you know me?'. Hell yea!
This forum is evidence of what will happen if Gays and a Bollywood star are given the power to run a country. These troglodytes will run with tails between their legs and squirm for forgiveness in front of a corrupt, drama queen, hostile, semi-autocratic third world state.
Sanj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #5555
Bullswool
Perthite

Likes (Received): 743

Looks like the 2 way street conversion won't be halted by the government:

Quote:
Radical bid to ease CBD jams
Kent Acott, The West Australian Updated April 26, 2012, 2:30 am

Inner-city motorists face dramatic changes to the road network - including the abolition of one-way streets and the introduction of dedicated bus lanes - as part of the State Government's war on traffic congestion.

Traffic signals at 56 intersections will also be modified to allow parallel walks - where pedestrians can cross in the same direction as the traffic. It will mean the end of pedestrian crossings where traffic is stopped in all directions.

As part of this arrangement, some left and right turns will be banned.

The State Government has also confirmed the merge point at the northbound entry to the Graham Farmer Tunnel will be removed, with the East Parade on-ramp to become the third lane in the tunnel.

The changes, part of a $47.6 million anti-congestion package announced by Transport Minister Troy Buswell, will include:

·Peak-period traffic lights at the Point Lewis Rotary.

·The removal of street parking on Plain Street, between Hay Street and Adelaide Terrace.

·The continuation of cycle paths between the Perth Arena and Mitchell Freeway and along Roe Street between Milligan and Thomas streets.

·A $1 million trial of a hybrid bus.

Mr Buswell said the package was in addition to plans to increase the number of lanes on the Mitchell and Graham Farmer freeways and to expand the CAT bus network.

He said the existing one-way streets in the central business district would be opened to two-way traffic to improve flow and make the city more pedestrian friendly.

The first priority would be Beaufort Street and William Street, between Newcastle and Roe streets.

But once the program was completed, only a "handful" of narrow local streets would be one-way.

A peak-hour bus lane will initially be introduced on Beaufort Street, with the view to constructing a full-time dedicated lane from Brisbane to Wellington streets.

A full-time lane would also be built on Mounts Bay Road, between Point Lewis Rotary and the Busport.

Shadow transport minister Ken Travers said the Perth Waterfront Project would put considerable strain on traffic in the CBD and band-aid measures would not be sufficient.
He said the Government's own modelling suggested traffic volumes would increase in most city streets, with adverse impacts also likely in West Perth, South Perth, Victoria Park and Burswood.
Bullswool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #5556
glasscity

Likes (Received): 0

where was the street parking on Plain street between Adelaide and Hay ? there is between Riverside and Adelaide.
glasscity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #5557
acc521
Do you expect me to talk?

Likes (Received): 437

I've found the answer. We didn't dream big enough!

http://www.theatlantic.com/video/arc...t-1954/254477/
acc521 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #5558
JWPJ

Quite interesting... Some of the ideas presented there probably would have been a bit less destructive than what generally happened; raising expressways above roads rather than demolishing entire blocks...

All I could think when watching it half way through was OMG Robert Moses was a DICK.

Must have been an interesting time to live in... very... positive, future forward culture going on.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #5559
hack404

Likes (Received): 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasscity View Post
where was the street parking on Plain street between Adelaide and Hay ? there is between Riverside and Adelaide.
There are a couple of spots next to the old Chemistry Centre building.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #5560
acc521
Do you expect me to talk?

Likes (Received): 437

JWPJ you should read about what Robert Moses wanted to do to Manhattan!
acc521 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adelaide, beipackzettel, highways, light rail, maglev bus to caboolture, mandurahboyz, max, monorail, sexta, trains