daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #21
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

I thin north korean one will be quite large too.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM   #22
Benn

Likes (Received): 167

Thats the one I'm talking about the Rungrado May Day stadium in Pyongyang.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM   #23
Wey
Recursive

Likes (Received): 1593

Maracana??
10 V=ULTIMATE L
Wey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM   #24
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9705

The roof of Stade de France is quite large also :

Surface area of roof: 6 hectares.
Weight of roof structure: 13,000 tonnes (1.5 Eiffel Towers).
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:40 PM   #25
larsul
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM

Likes (Received): 90

What about Azteca stadium? that is huge too, one of the biggest in the world.. it would be worthy to get the data also..
SnapChat: larsul60
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/larsul60
larsul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #26
Benn

Likes (Received): 167

None of them will keep up with May Day, even if it's only 120,000-130,000 seats, the building footprint is somewhat bigger than just the stands, there is an 800m track up a few floors and other athletic facilities that wrap around it, and the roof "petals" extend past that touching down around the exterior.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #27
Huskies

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn View Post
None of them will keep up with May Day, even if it's only 120,000-130,000 seats, the building footprint is somewhat bigger than just the stands, there is an 800m track up a few floors and other athletic facilities that wrap around it, and the roof "petals" extend past that touching down around the exterior.
it has an 800 meter track inside the stands ? wow thats sick ... but that eouldnt make sence , shouldnt the space inside the stands just be concourses and stairs and stuff for people to access the stands ? :S

ye i think mayday might have a bigger footprint than booth wembley and jerry world .... the question is if it has a bigger footprint than melbourne cricket ground ? cause i heard a lot of people in the mayday thread stating that " the circumference of the first row at mayday is huge "
but in the pictures of it i dont see any signs of it bieing larger than any other tracked stadium...... melbourne cricket ground however has plenty of distance between the stands and the track when it is in athletic mode.....
Huskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #28
Alemanniafan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies View Post
it has an 800 meter track inside the stands ? wow thats sick ... but that eouldnt make sence , shouldnt the space inside the stands just be concourses and stairs and stuff for people to access the stands ? :S

ye i think mayday might have a bigger footprint than booth wembley and jerry world .... the question is if it has a bigger footprint than melbourne cricket ground ? cause i heard a lot of people in the mayday thread stating that " the circumference of the first row at mayday is huge "
but in the pictures of it i dont see any signs of it bieing larger than any other tracked stadium...... melbourne cricket ground however has plenty of distance between the stands and the track when it is in athletic mode.....
But May Day is just 60m high by the way, if I remember that correctly, which really isn't all too much if that number should be true.
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #29
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Likes (Received): 66

I assembled very quickly a collage of photos from Google earth. I'll bring more stadiums in it soon. I set terrain to zero, all photos are taken from a height of 999 meters exactly! You can enrich it, but make those adjustments too:

ReiAyanami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #30
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 353

so what's the criteria going to be? Volume? I imagine volume is only measured by what's inside the stands.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #31
Ganis
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

how come you dont have any photos of modern US stadiums? from ariel view US Football stadiums have the largest footprint.
Ganis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #32
Welshlad
Socialogically Diseased

Likes (Received): 8

I'm pretty sure they won't, the pitches are tiny and most of the pro stadiums are 60-70000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganis View Post
how come you dont have any photos of modern US stadiums? from ariel view US Football stadiums have the largest footprint.
Welshlad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #33
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Quote:
Its not like you can't save it and add your own photos, just as I said. And as far footprint is concerned, this was the biggest I could find. Apparently football stadiums with athletic track have the largest footprint

Last edited by ReiAyanami; July 4th, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #34
Huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiAyanami View Post
I assembled very quickly a collage of photos from Google earth. I'll bring more stadiums in it soon. I set terrain to zero, all photos are taken from a height of 999 meters exactly! You can enrich it, but make those adjustments too:

haha i was just gonna post a comparison between MCG and mayday but you beat me to it well yours is better anyway... on this pic may day really has a huge footprint , but we need to keep in mind that the roof streches outside of the stands as shown on this picture ... so its total footprint is alot larger than its efficent footprint..

Old July 4th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #35
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Yea, and the roof isn't particularly high too, ANZ, Ataturk, Athens' have taller roofs, maybe Beijing's too(?)

EDIT: I wanted to put Wembley too, but my google earth isn't updated, it shows it still U/C
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #36
Huskies

alot of stadiums dont look the size of their capacity, like mayday doesn't look 150 000 to me and alot of others agree on that ,just like Toyota stadium look bigger than its 40k capacity .. seat width and quallity , legroom and such has alot to do with this ..

SO maybe what we really want to know is : if you would put the same seats ( i was gonna say same legroom to but the legroom is so built into the stands , seats are more interchangable) in every stadium in the world, which stadium would have the highest capacity?
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #37
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

An old stadium in Praha, near Slavia Praha stadium.
Mr.Underground no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #38
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiAyanami View Post
Compare them with the first stadium of the modern world, Panathinaiko Stadium, where the first Olympics where hosted in 1896.
Capacity 80.000:
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #39
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
not a chance
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #40
Wey
Recursive

Likes (Received): 1593

Maracana is almost the exact size of Beijing National!

But MayDay is really on a league of his own
10 V=ULTIMATE L
Wey no está en línea   Reply With Quote