daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 28th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #921
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

I start the tour of newly opened lines, many of them opened today, it sounds like a prank (and more so since it's pranks day in Spain, our version of April Fools) but it's a tradition in China.

So, Guangzhou has opened three new lines and an extension, as well as two infill stations.:
Line 4 South, Jinyun to Nansha Keyungang, adding 6 stations and 13.6 km for a total length of 60 km, making it the second longest line. In addition Qingsheng station, located between Huangge Qichecheng and Dongchong, has been put into operation 11 years after the first train passed through the area, so now 23 stations are in operation. Only Guanqiao, between Shiqi and Xinzao, is missing (11 years and counting).
Line 9, Gaozeng to Fei'eling, 19.2 km, 10 stations (Qingtang unopened for now). I remember it was planned to open in 2012, 5 years ago! In addition, Gaozeng station on line 3, between Renhe and Jichang Nan (Airport South), is now in operation, so now line 3 has 29 stations. Its length hasn't changed, though.
1st phase of line 13, Yuzhu to Xinsha, 25.6 km, 11 stations. Confined to the Eastern suburbs for now, ultimately this line will cross the city to Chaoyang.
Knowledge City Line (a.k.a. Line 14 branch), Xinhe to Zhenglong, 10 stations, 20 km. Isolated for now from the rest of the metro (and by far!), it's also a branch without a mainline.

With the new additions, Guangzhou is now back ahead of the nearby "town" (Shenzhen), and it's now the 4th or 5th (depending on how one counts the Guangzhou-Foshan line, I count it as Foshan so 5th) longest metro in the world behind Beijing, Shanghai, London and (if the Guangfo line is counted as Foshan all the way) New York City, at 364.5 km (again, Guangfo line not included, if included then the length is 390 km).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dbhaskar, Munwon, Transhumanista liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:06 PM   #922
lawdefender

Likes (Received): 1382

As for the Guangfo line, 17.4 km of tracks and 10 stations are located in Guangzhou. Therefore, the correct length of Guangzhou Metro system by 2017-12-28 is 375.2 km.

-------------------

By the end of 2018, the line 14 phase 1, the line 21 and the Guangfo Line (from Yan Gang to Lijiao) expected to open.

Last edited by lawdefender; December 28th, 2017 at 07:25 PM.
lawdefender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:06 PM   #923
lawdefender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I start the tour of newly opened lines, many of them opened today, it sounds like a prank (and more so since it's pranks day in Spain, our version of April Fools) but it's a tradition in China.

So, Guangzhou has opened three new lines and an extension, as well as two infill stations.:
Line 4 South, Jinyun to Nansha Keyungang, adding 6 stations and 13.6 km for a total length of 60 km, making it the second longest line. In addition Qingsheng station, located between Huangge Qichecheng and Dongchong, has been put into operation 11 years after the first train passed through the area, so now 23 stations are in operation. Only Guanqiao, between Shiqi and Xinzao, is missing (11 years and counting).
Line 9, Gaozeng to Fei'eling, 19.2 km, 10 stations (Qingtang unopened for now). I remember it was planned to open in 2012, 5 years ago! In addition, Gaozeng station on line 3, between Renhe and Jichang Nan (Airport South), is now in operation, so now line 3 has 29 stations. Its length hasn't changed, though.
1st phase of line 13, Yuzhu to Xinsha, 25.6 km, 11 stations. Confined to the Eastern suburbs for now, ultimately this line will cross the city to Chaoyang.
Knowledge City Line (a.k.a. Line 14 branch), Xinhe to Zhenglong, 10 stations, 20 km. Isolated for now from the rest of the metro (and by far!), it's also a branch without a mainline.

With the new additions, Guangzhou is now back ahead of the nearby "town" (Shenzhen), and it's now the 4th or 5th (depending on how one counts the Guangzhou-Foshan line, I count it as Foshan so 5th) longest metro in the world behind Beijing, Shanghai, London and (if the Guangfo line is counted as Foshan all the way) New York City, at 364.5 km (again, Guangfo line not included, if included then the length is 390 km).
The Guangzhou–Foshan Section of Pearl River Delta Region Intercity Rapid Transit (Chinese: 珠江三角洲地区城际快速轨道交通广州至佛山段) is an intercity metro line that connects Guangzhou and Foshan. It is commonly known as Guangfo Metro and Guangfo Line of Guangzhou Metro. The section within Foshan also doubles as Line 1 of FMetro (Foshan Metro). The line is operated by Guangdong Guangfo Inter-City Co., Ltd., a subsidiary co-owned by Guangzhou Metro (51%) and Foshan Metro (49%).[48][49] Its first section, from Xilang to Kuiqi Lu in Foshan, started operation on 3 November 2010 with 21 km of tracks and 14 stations.[15][45] Eleven of the stations are located in Foshan, while the other three are in Guangzhou.[45] Relocation disputes at Lijiao were not resolved until October 2013 and have delayed completion of the extension from Xilang to Lijiao till December 2015.[50] When the line is completed, it will have 32.2 km of tracks and 21 stations, of which 17.4 km of tracks and 10 stations will be located in Guangzhou.[49] The line will interchange with Line 1 at Xilang, Line 2 at Nanzhou, Line 3 at Lijiao, and Line 8 at Shayuan. It will run four-car trains.[49] All its stations are underground.[51]
Old December 28th, 2017, 11:20 PM   #924
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

What are you trying to say me that I don't know already? Anyway, I don't leave out the 7 km of Shanghai's line 11 between Anting and Huaqiao from the (soon to be) 654 km total simply because they lie outside Shanghai. I have to assign the Guangzhou-Foshan line to either Guangzhou or Foshan, and since it's also known as Foshan line 1 I count all of it as Foshan.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 02:18 AM   #925
saiho

Likes (Received): 1290

Who cares what the name is. Most publications include it with Guangzhou's length and it is, for all intents and purposes, a part of the greater metro network. Someone is clearly over-complicating things for no apparent reason other than pure pedantic semantics.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:53 AM   #926
Zaz965
Temer Out!

Likes (Received): 27879

in my opinion foshan deserves more subway lines

djole13, Parra 1 liked this post
Zaz965 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 04:28 AM   #927
xavier114fch

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz965 View Post

Foshan has a massive 14-line plan towards the horizon of 2050.
http://www.ditiezu.com/thread-498013-1-1.html
xavier114fch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 06:47 AM   #928
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz965 View Post
Well Foshan has FM Line 2, FM Line 3 and Nanhai New Transit under construction (Note I removed the Guangzhou Line 7 Western Extension into Shunde because it says Guangzhou #semantics). In addition FM Line 11 is on the verge of starting construction. It will be a southwestern radial line to Ronggui and beyond that terminates at one of the stations of GZ Line 11 (loop line) like Guangzhou Lines 14 and 21.
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:28 PM   #929
lawdefender

It is learned that on December 28, the total passenger flow of four new lines of the GZ metro stood at 155,600 passengers while that of the subway network reached 8,130,000, up 3.5% over the same period of the previous working day. Passenger traffic on the first day was steady.

http://www.gzmtr.com/ygwm/xwzx/gsxw/...229_55562.html
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #930
lawdefender

Last edited by lawdefender; January 1st, 2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old December 31st, 2017, 12:39 PM   #931
lawdefender

Guangzhou Metro Line 14 Phase 1, Line 21 will be opened by the end of 2018

http://news.dayoo.com/guangzhou/2017...5_52011342.htm

Line 14 Phase 1(Jiahewanggang ~ Jiekou): total length of 54.1km, of which the underground line is 15.6km long and the ground line is 38.5km long. There are 13 stations, including 6 underground stations, 7 elevated stations.

Line 21 : The total length is about 61.5 km, of which the underground line is about 40.1 km long, the tunnel is 6.8 km long and the ground is 14.7 km long. Set a total of 21 stations, of which 17 underground stations, elevated four, a total of seven interchange stations.

By the end of 2018, Guangzhou Metro system length will reach 500 km.

Last edited by lawdefender; December 31st, 2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old January 1st, 2018, 09:14 AM   #932
lawdefender

Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2018, 09:17 AM   #933
lawdefender

Umbrellas sharing system station:

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by lawdefender; January 1st, 2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old January 1st, 2018, 09:28 AM   #934
lawdefender

All the stations of Guangzhou Metro new opened 4 metro lines are installed with nursery rooms, providing passengers in need more privacy and comfort space and necessary maternal and child supplies.

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by lawdefender; January 1st, 2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old January 1st, 2018, 09:30 AM   #935
lawdefender

Passengers scan code by smart phones to purchase metro tickets

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old January 1st, 2018, 09:55 AM   #936
lawdefender

Guangzhou Metro system 4 new lines setting a new high standard of facilities in the world:

1. Central Air conditioned system installed in all underground stations and all metro trains
2. Platform screen doors system installed in all stations
3. Public toilets and nursery rooms installed inside all stations
4. Self help service center, automatic ticket machines, electronic and smartphones payment systems installed in all stations
5. LCD display panels showing train, metro information and TV news installed in all stations
6. Escalators and lifts installed in all stations
7. Free WiFi full coverage in all Metro stations and all trains
8. Electric display panels installed in all the trains showing stops and trains information.

dimlys1994, gao7, Transhumanista liked this post

Last edited by lawdefender; January 1st, 2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 04:03 PM   #937
lawdefender

http://www.gzmtr.com/ygwm/xwzx/gsxw/...102_55573.html

December 31 2017, Guangzhou Metro daily passenger ridership reached 10 millions at the first time !

Which means that the attractiveness of Guangzhou city is enhanced. This is a powerful manifestation of Guangzhou's vitality, potential and cohesion as an important national center in Guangzhou. It is also a major achievement of Guangzhou's emphasis on people's livelihood and investment in people's livelihood infrastructure. In recent years, the Guangzhou municipal government has stepped up its investment in public transport construction and endeavored to let citizens travel for their first choice of public transport, especially for larger and greener rail transport.

It is estimated that by 2019, the total mileage of the Guangzhou metro will exceed 500 km, covering 11 districts of the city.

It is estimated that by 2023, Guangzhou metro will form a network with a total length of about 800 km

Last edited by lawdefender; January 4th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:42 PM   #938
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101505

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdefender View Post

Line 21 : The total length is about 61.5 km, of which the underground line is about 40.1 km long, the tunnel is 6.8 km long and
What is meant by the difference between underground line and the tunnel?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 04:49 AM   #939
saiho

I think he means mountain base tunneling for tunnel.
Old January 4th, 2018, 01:20 PM   #940
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

Is the line 5 extension to Huangpu Ferry terminal, and the corresponding Dongguan line 1 still on, or is that being scaled back?

That's the one that in principle would allow someone so inclined to take metro Foshan-Guangzhou-Dongguan-Shenzhen (and further to Hong Kong, if you ignore the customs walk between Shenzhen and Hong Kong).
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, guangzhou, metro, subway, transit