daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Regional Bulgaria > North-West | Северозападен регион

North-West | Северозападен регион Vratsa, Vidin, Montana | Враца, Видин, Монтана и др

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM   #981
Vitosha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvasoc View Post
I think he's trying to say it's more urgent to build a bridge that connects Romanian lands north and south of the Danube river (between Silistra and Black sea).
Доколкото си спомням, в негови постове в румънския форум той защитаваше тезата, че мостове на запад от Русе облагодетелстват България и ощетяват Румъния, а в румънски интерес е мостове над Дунава да има колкото може по-източно, за да увеличават трафика през румънска територия и особено Букурещ.
Vitosha no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:57 PM   #982
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 189

Oh, my God!
I don't have in mind a bridge from Vidin to Ruse!
I meant, as Gushter said, bridges across Danube between Vidin - Calafat
and Ruse - Giurgiu, i.e.:
Nikopole - Turnu Magurele, Oreahovo - Bechet etc.
and further Ruse: Silistra - Calarasi

Those bridges are not urgent neither for Bulgaria nor Romania.

In Romania there are (theoretically) plans for a bridge across Danube at Braila in order to have a shorter connection from Moldova region to Dobrudja.
---------------------------
@Vithosa,
Indeed, I defended these ideas, because they are obvious to me and I have followed what our governments said and done from 1999 (approximatively) in order to NOT build a bridge Vidin - Calafat:
- our government always came with alternative proposals for Nikopole - Tr. Magurele and others.
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM   #983
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
Oh, my God!
I don't have in mind a bridge from Vidin to Ruse!
I meant, as Gushter said, bridges across Danube between Vidin - Calafat
and Ruse - Giurgiu, i.e.:
Nikopole - Turnu Magurele, Oreahovo - Bechet etc.
and further Ruse: Silistra - Calarasi

Those bridges are not urgent neither for Bulgaria nor Romania.

In Romania there are (theoretically) plans for a bridge across Danube at Braila in order to have a shorter connection from Moldova region to Dobrudja.
@Vithosa,
Indeed, I defended these ideas, because they are obvious to me and I have followed what our governments said and done from 1999 (approximatively) in order to NOT build a bridge Vidin - Calafat:
- our government always came with alternative proposals for Nikopole - Tr. Magurele and others.
I think it would be more be profitable both for Bulgaria and Romania a bridge between Romania and Ukraine close to Izmail and Tulcea.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM   #984
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers

For the sake of debate, I don't think so.
From Romanian point of view, Romanian interests in traveling to Ukraine are almost null:
- for turism, Ukraine has a similar shore to Black Sea as Romania and Bulgaria have, maybe the prices are lower, but the distance is longer
- for business, the same: since we are in EU and many years before EU the commerce between Romania and ex-USSR has declined. Some possible reasons are customs taxes and customs control. If Romania and Bulgaria will enter Schengen some day, the customs control will be null in Schengen and the businesses will be more EU oriented
- for shortening the travel Romania - Ukraine: most of the traffic has its origin in Bucharest and avoids crossing the Danube by crossing the Prut at Galati - Reni; only Romanians from Dobrudja will have a real benefit, but they are not so many.

Last edited by danielstan; March 2nd, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:30 AM   #985
Vitosha
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
I think it would be more be profitable both for Bulgaria and Romania a bridge between Romania and Ukraine close to Izmail and Tulcea.
I'm afraid that a new bridge between Romania and Ukraine would be a palliative measure. I propose to build a new bridge over the Prut River between Romania and Moldova for the sake of prosperity of Romanian-Bulgarian links.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM   #986
danielstan

In the interbelic period (when Romania and R. Moldova where united) there were more than 20 bridges across Prut (railways and roads).
Later, during WW II, some bridges have been destroyed wether by Germans or by Soviets, as their military operations required.
During USSR time 5 bridges have been rebuilt.
A new bridge appeared when a dam was built across Prut at Stanca (RO) - Costesti (MD).

Today there are 10 bridges across Prut with customs checkpoints.
For comparison, today there are 19 bridges over Nistru (Dniester) which is a larger river than Prut.

In 2005 a first bridge in the North (Radauti (RO) - Lipcani (MD) ) has been rebuilt with EU money.
This bridge and the customs checkpoint have been inaugurated in 2009, as in 2005 the Communist Party of Moldova (anti unionist) was in power.

Some bridges destroyed during the war which wait to be rebuilt:
Bumbata (RO) - Leova (MD)
Falciu (RO) - Cantemir (MD)
Holboca (RO, near Iasi) - Ungheni (MD)
During Soviet time there were 380 km of barbed wire on Moldovan bank of Prut.
In 2009 there were still 80 km:

The last meters of barbed wire have been cut in 2010.

Last edited by danielstan; March 3rd, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM   #987
PhirgataZFs1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitosha View Post
I'm afraid that a new bridge between Romania and Ukraine would be a palliative measure. I propose to build a new bridge over the Prut River between Romania and Moldova for the sake of prosperity of Romanian-Bulgarian links.
Explain your point, please.

In my opinion, from bulgarian point of view, we need two bridges over Prut River-the "Chisinau's one" and a southernmost one near Galati. Both exist.

My point is that we need a faster and shorter link to Ukraine not passing through Moldova in order to divide traffic streams in corridor 9. Besides, I want Tulcea to prosper and a bridge will certainly help it.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM   #988
danielstan

What Bulgarians need to be built in Romania (a bridge Tulcea - Izmail) is not needed by Romanians (Dobrudja has 1 milion inhabitants of 22 milions total Romanian population). The fact that Tulcea will prosper is a small benefit that will not compensate the high cost of the bridge.
Bulgarians also need a better connection Calafat - Turnu Severin. But this possible road would be used by less than 10% of Romanians, so it will not be built.

Romanians need in Bulgaria a highway Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo - Stara Zagora - Svilengrad (to shorten the trip to Turkey) and another one Ruse - Plevna - Sofia - Blagoevgrad - Kulata (to Greece - I know this route is to be build next years). I think Bulgarians will not build Ruse - Stara Zagora highway (crossing the mountains) in the near future, even if Veliko Tarnovo will benefit from it.

I want to thank Bulgarians that Shumen - Varna highway exists and I used it in a short holiday at Albena.

The situations are simetrical: governments build what their people need.

Last edited by danielstan; March 3rd, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM   #989
kvasoc
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

We (Bulgarians and Romanians) are getting there step by step.
3 bridges over the 470km-long part of the Danube between our countries is going to help increase the volume of both economies. As a result of this, there will be more money in Bg, Ro and EU budgets for infrastructure.
kvasoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #990
guster_bo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
Bulgarians also need a better connection Calafat - Turnu Severin. But this possible road would be used by less than 10% of Romanians, so it will not be built.
I bet that Romanians WILL build it... And you'll build a railroad Calafat - Turnu Severin as well...

Cuz if you don't, then you'll lose ALL THE TRAFFIC FROM TURKEY TO EUROPE that you still have now... And it would be a really really STUPID misstep for you...
guster_bo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #991
EEH
разбирач :))

Likes (Received): 1305

Indeed. As Serbia is constantly improving its east-west routes (EU-Turkey), noone will pass through Romania if passing through there is too slow and inconvenient. It is very possible that in 6-7 years there will be a highway from Turkey via Bulgaria and Serbia to Hungary. Even if Serbia doesn't enter the EU it will still be faster to go through there instead of using slow, narrow and winding roads in southwest Romania. So it is up to Romania to attract all this intense traffic and divert it from Serbia. Bulgaria has it either ways.
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #992
Vitosha
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by guster_bo View Post
I bet that Romanians WILL build it... And you'll build a railroad Calafat - Turnu Severin as well...

Cuz if you don't, then you'll lose ALL THE TRAFFIC FROM TURKEY TO EUROPE that you still have now... And it would be a really really STUPID misstep for you...
I suppose you are right, but AFAIK our fellow danielstan hopes that the routes to the east of the line Stara Zagora - Ruse will be able to draw the larger part of the traffic from Asia Minor to central Europe and will direct this traffic towards Bucharest and central Romania, therefore he does not want new bridges over the Danube and does not support the idea of new Romanian highways or expressways to the west of the new bridge at Vidin.

Last edited by Vitosha; March 4th, 2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #993
FloatingShift

Likes (Received): 3068

Del.
FloatingShift no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #994
guster_bo
BANNED

Quote:
Депутат алармира, че намаляват заплатите на видинските строители на Дунав мост 2

07 март 2011 / 10:11 | Икономика | радио "Фокус" - Видин

Видин. 160 български строители, работещи на Дунав мост 2 са били принудени от наелата ги испанска фирма, да преподпишат трудовите си договори от 1 март, като заплатата им от близо 500 лв е била намалена на 320 лв, каза за радио “Фокус”- Видин Владимир Тошев, народен представител от ГЕРБ. Той посочи, че за случая са го информирали лично видинчани, работещи на Дунав мост. "В същото време испанските работници, ангажирани за строителството на моста взимат заплата от 3000 до 5000 евро", заяви народният представител. Близо 60 са испанските работници на моста. До края на тази година Дунав мост 2 трябва да бъде готов, а прилежащата инфраструктура ще бъде довършена в началото на 2012 г.

Анна ЛОЗАНОВА
http://radio.focus-news.net/?action=news&id=471178
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #995
danielstan

@Vitosha,
My messages do not represent 'what I want', but 'what Romanian government will do', wether I like it or not.
Of course, Romanian govt. does not make an oficial statement 'we opose the construction of new bridges across Danube'.
But their course of actions suggest that.
I express those opinions as a Romanian who has observed since many years Romanian governmental actions and declarations in the matter of highways, bridges etc.

In order to point the harsh Romanian realities:
currently there is a scandal in Romanian about the A2 finalization: the sector Cernavoda - Constanta (50 km):
- it has been promised (november 2010) by the Transport minister for end of 2011 'with no further delays accepted'
- in January 2011 the minister has created commissions to monitor the progress
- last week the minister declared that the French entreprenor Colas 'refuses to work' on Cernavoda - Medgidia sector (20 km) and the contract may be cancelled
- today the French constructor said that it needs an urbanism certificate from local autorities and, even if this certificate will be issued today, it is not possible to finish the highway in time
- the press estimates that, if the contract is cancelled, the new term will be 2014, because of new auctions and other formalities.
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #996
PhirgataZFs1694

sorry to hear that
Old March 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #997
danielstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitosha View Post
...danielstan hopes that the routes to the east of the line Stara Zagora - Ruse will be able to draw the larger part of the traffic from Asia Minor to central Europe and will direct this traffic towards Buchares...
I want a highway Ruse - Stara Zagora because it will reduce the distance Bucharest - Turkey (from Romanian point of view). For Turkish trafic I personally don't care.
About bridges across Danube - I want as many as possible, even built with European money (85%) and Bulgarian - Romanian cofinance.
I totally agree with people saying that we, Bulgarians and Romanians, need more bridges.
But I explain my observations on Romanian govt. position on Danube bridges, the most evident fact being that Romanians don't pay a penny (euro cent) for Vidin - Calafat bridge.

Romania is the last in EU regarding the percentage of EU funds absorbed for infrastructure.
From another hand, Romania currently builds (and God knows when will finish) 2 highways WITHOUT EU money:
A3 - Transylvania Highway, 415 km - built by Americans from Bechtel (as a price for Romania admission in NATO, 2004)
Bucharest - Ploiesti, 60 km -> started in 2007 by some Romanian businessmen who have financed the electoral campain of the party in power.

Last edited by danielstan; March 7th, 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #998
orioane

Likes (Received): 19

The TV article from arte about the bridge:
in french
http://www.arte.tv/fr/europeens/Le-b...r/2972238.html
or in german:
http://www.arte.tv/de/europa/Der-Blo...C=3749154.html
orioane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #999
alex.german
Friend of the Balkans

Likes (Received): 43

Very fair and balanced report. I absolutely aggree that the EU should negotiate with the regions directly instead of letting the ministries divert and stall the process.

The project looks impressive although foggy Vidin looks kinda creepy :-D
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #1000
guster_bo
BANNED

Unfortunately I can't open neither of the videos from the above... I tried from home, I tried from work, but it's always "connecting to the server" and that's all it does...

Quote:
Блокират булевард "Панония" във Видин на 23 март

10 март 2011 / 12:18 | Общество | радио "Фокус" - Видин

Видин. Да се блокира булевард "Панония" и прилежащия към него надлез, решиха 20 членове от "Гражданско обединение за възраждане на Видин", стана ясно на пресконференция, предаде репортер на радио “Фокус”- Видин. На 23 март от 12 часа движението по единствения булевард във Видин ще бъде блокирано, заяви Любчо Йонов, организатор на мероприятието. В момента членовете на сдружението обсъждат формата на гражданския си протест, който ще организират на 23 март. Един от членовете на гражданското сдружение инж. Неделчо Нешев заяви, че трябва да бъде организирано шествие срещу изключително лошата улична инфраструктура в града и слабото икономическо развитие на региона, което да се проведе пред сградата на Община Видин и сградата на Областна администрация - Видин.

Десислава МЕТОДИЕВА
http://radio.focus-news.net/?action=news&id=472027

Last edited by guster_bo; March 10th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: