daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #61
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3185

Capitaland always delivers the goods! This will be a real landmark for all of China!!!
Munwon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:38 AM   #62
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

News:

https://news.google.com/news/story?r...d=0CIsBEKoCMA0
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #63
lookinflowers

Likes (Received): 440

the best dising ive ever seen
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #64
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

Don't miss the video

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Zaz965 liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #65
CompayEE
CompayEE

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Capitaland always delivers the goods! This will be a real landmark for all of China!!!
I am sure that China has got the economic clout to deliver this project successfully. I hope it will, before the economic slowdown hits. Thumbs up!
CompayEE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #66
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57942

The final design ain't a bad one, but some of the earlier proposal were far superior to the winner imho.

I have a feeling this thing won't age too well, too much exposed concrete and not really convincing solutions in the detail.

That render video was really amazing, though.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Last edited by erbse; November 30th, 2011 at 11:11 AM.
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #67
SingaporeCity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Chongqing looks impressive and set to continue it's boom! I'm very bullish about this and I believe Capitaland is a serious builder in China, this will be it's 56th shopping mall in China, and it's landmark in Singapore is ION Orchard. This could be another Raffles City in the making

I have a few videos to share, though not directly related to this development, but can be of reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYbWqLU1HI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R4g3sQUU3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwVtkocD6WE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1AwNeYyFuU

Cheers!
SingaporeCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #68
GIGIGAGA

Likes (Received): 130

I saw a lot of amazing projects proposed for Chongqing
But little of them were carried out
Will this be built?
Doubt,
Disappointing...
GIGIGAGA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #69
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

i was on top of marina bay sands and sky gardens are simply amazing. its like observation decks but with more space and real panorama view with the wind and the stars above you. i really like the design and am glad the designers of marina bay sands decided to keep the concept The two towers overtowering the skygarden are an addition i really like too. its great how the manhatten like area gets such a beauty on its river front. another thing i like is that it really looks modern and clean. chongqing has a very bad image in terms of being clean and this is exactly what the city needs.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #70
asdolf

Likes (Received): 391

the best project I've ever seen
asdolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #71
TheZoolooMaster

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdolf View Post
the best project I've ever seen
I can't agree with that. The Seoul Dream hub is a grand project.

On a side note, I'm really excited to see what happens to Chongqing in the years to come. It has such potential to grow. All that free land to expand:

By zooloomaster at 2011-11-30
TheZoolooMaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #72
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

I'm not completely sold on the proposal. They're gonna have to clean it a lot to keep it nice and sparkly since I noticed the air in Chongqing is humid and sometimes dirty. I kinda liked the open air feel at Chaotianmen, it was like a park. Jiefangbei is one of the most interesting downtown cores in China. So much life, lots of people and a lot going on.

There is a lot land on the other side of the Jailang river, I wonder what they plan to build over there.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #73
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

it's an amazing project and i love the location they chose for it. it will be the defining element for the skyline. it's also an amazing height, which isnt overdone, yet really tall.
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #74
Kiboko
hubba hubba

Likes (Received): 327

So many proposals for this plot, but they sure picked out the best. Incredible cool design! I can't wait to see this one rise
Kiboko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #75
Zio Marcla

Likes (Received): 0

Stunning design!
Zio Marcla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #76
Rombar
removed

Likes (Received): 1

very-very nice design!
Rombar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #77
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

come on chongqing, build it already
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #78
macpolo

Likes (Received): 154

looks like safdie really enjoying making this sky garden thing
now its 3 levels.....is he on drug or something?

Old February 25th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #79
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

wow this is amazing i hope they approve it =)
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #80
macpolo

Likes (Received): 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
wow this is amazing i hope they approve it =)
approved already

NEWS RELEASE
CapitaLand-led consortium and Chongqing government sign co-operation agreement on landmark
mixed development in Chongqing
Singapore, 10 January 2012 – CapitaLand Limited is pleased to announce that a consortium it is leading signed a co-operation agreement with the Chongqing government today on a landmark mixed development in Chongqing, China. The consortium behind the development is established by CapitaLand, CapitaMalls Asia Limited (SGX: JS8 and HKEx: 6813) and Singbridge Holdings Pte Ltd (“SBH”).
The agreement was signed by Mr Lim Ming Yan, Chief Operating Officer of CapitaLand Limited, on behalf of the consortium; and Mr Tang Ying Yu, Governor of Yuzhong District in Chongqing. The signing was witnessed by Mr Huang Qi Fan, Mayor of Chongqing; Mr Liew Mun Leong, President and CEO of CapitaLand Group; and Mr Ding Wei, Head, China of Asia investment company Temasek.
Under the agreement, CapitaLand, CapitaMalls Asia and SBH will develop a prime site in the heart of Yuzhong District in Chongqing into a landmark mixed development. The development will comprise a shopping mall and eight towers for residential, office, serviced residence and hotel use, with total gross floor area (“GFA”) of about 817,000 sq m (excludes car park and transport hub).
Including land cost, the total development cost of the project is expected to be about RMB21.1 billion (about S$4.3 billion / HK$26.0 billion). The project will be funded through a mix of debt and equity. CapitaLand and CapitaMalls Asia each owns a 25.0% effective stake in the development, and SBH owns a 30.0% effective stake. The remaining 20.0% will be held by unrelated parties.
The consortium was awarded the prime site in November 2011. As part of the tender process for the site, the consortium had submitted a conceptual design for the landmark mixed development inspired by powerful sails upon the river, symbolising a great city surging forward. The consortium will work with the Chongqing government on the final design of the development.
Mr Liew Mun Leong said: “We are very pleased to have signed the agreement which brings us another step closer to realising a landmark development that will be at the heart of the prestigious Chao Tian Men site. Considered the crown jewel of Chongqing, with frontage along the Yangtze and Jialing rivers, this peninsula site offers us the unique opportunity to build an iconic integrated development consisting of residential apartments, a shopping mall, offices, serviced residences and a hotel.
For Immediate Release 10 January 2012
With a population of 33 million people, Chongqing is one of the largest cities in the world. It is strategically positioned by the Chinese government as the gateway industrial city in Western China. We envision Chongqing to be ‘the next Shanghai’.”
Mr Lim Ming Yan said: “Chongqing’s economy is the fastest growing in China with 17.1% GDP growth in 2010, well above the national average of 11.2%. We are confident of the city’s ambitions to become the next financial and business centre of China and foresee growing demand across various real estate sectors. With its strategic location next to traditional Central Business District (“CBD”) of Jie Fang Bei and excellent connectivity as part of a transport hub with a metro station, bus interchange, ferry terminal and cruise centre, the mixed development is set to enjoy the strong base of international and domestic demand.”
About CapitaLand Limited
CapitaLand is one of Asia’s largest real estate companies. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, the multi-local company's core businesses in real estate, hospitality and real estate financial services are focused in growth cities in Asia Pacific and Europe.
The company's real estate and hospitality portfolio, which includes homes, offices, shopping malls, serviced residences and mixed developments spans more than 110 cities in over 20 countries. CapitaLand also leverages on its significant asset base, real estate domain knowledge, financial skills and extensive market network to develop real estate financial products and services in Singapore and the region.
The listed entities of the CapitaLand Group include Australand, CapitaMalls Asia, CapitaMall Trust, CapitaCommercial Trust, Ascott Residence Trust, CapitaRetail China Trust, CapitaMalls Malaysia Trust and Quill Capita Trust.
Issued by: CapitaLand Limited (Co. Regn.: 198900036N) Date: 10 January 2012
Analyst Contact
Harold Woo
SVP, Investor Relations CapitaLand Limited
Tel: +65 68233 210
Email: [email protected]
Media Contact
Lorna Tan
SVP, Corporate Communications CapitaLand Limited
Tel: +65 68233 205 / +65 9791 8597 Email: [email protected]

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...F8VHlwZT0z&t=1