daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 15837

CTBUH announces winners of the Best Tall Buildings Awards 2009

The CTBUH is proud to announce the four regional winners of the 2009 “Best Tall Building” awards. After carefully deliberating over a record number of nominations, the 2009 Awards Committee, chaired by Gordon Gill, has selected: Manitoba Hydro Place, Winnipeg for Americas, Linked Hybrid Building, Beijing for Asia & Australasia, The Broadgate Tower, London for Europe, and QIPCO Tower, Doha for the Middle East & Africa. One of these four projects will be recognized as the "2009 Best Tall Building Overall" at the 2009 Awards Dinner to be held on October 22nd.

The CTBUH also announces the winners of its two “Lifetime Achievement” Awards, recognizing individuals who have contributed a lifetime's work to the advancement of tall buildings and the urban environment. This year’s recipient of the Lynn S. Beedle Award will be John C. Portman Jr. and the Fazlur Rahman Kahn Medal will be awarded to Dr. Prabodh V. Banavalkar.

» continue reading on the CTBUH Web site
Jan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

I don't understand, is the CTBUH Award the highest honour a skyscraper? Because I always thought the Emporis Skyscraper Award was the highest honour.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 15837

Well, CTBUH is an international non for profit organisation having professionals looking at buildings, Emporis is a company having employees looking at images so they can send out a press release again and invite themselves up the winning tower. Up to you what you think ranks higher. Money-wise, the Frankfurt based Skyscraper Awards ranks highest.
Jan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Pablo323
_

Likes (Received): 1086

Are there any pics?

Pablo323 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

I don't care much about the Franfurt Skyscraper Awards. Matter of fact,. I haven't seen any winners of that award over the years the award was given.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote