daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #1
glenj

Likes (Received): 28

BUS STATIONS in Malaysia

Imbi express bus terminal starts operation on Jan 15
By By Syed Umar Arif

THE new RM1 million Imbi express bus terminal will start operating from Jan 15, Commercial Vehicles Licensing board chairman Datuk Raja Ahmad Zainuddin Raja Omar said today. Express bus companies, including those servicing the Singapore route, would be using the terminal, which is located in Pasar Rakyat.

Intrakota Sdn Bhd and Putra Liner would also pick up and drop passengers at the terminal, Raja Ahmad said after inspecting the bus terminal.

Express bus companies Transnasional, Park May, Nice and Gunung Raya Express would also use the terminal, he said.

Among the new facilities provided in the terminal, are food courts, post office, surau and a playground, said its managing director Steve Wong.
glenj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 12th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #2
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

yep! I saw it...pretty small..but elegant..thanks to sze for showing me!
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #3
hypermount

Likes (Received): 22

Malaysia's first air-conditioned bus terminal

Malacca's Bus and Taxi terminal - officially known as Melaka Sentral (not so original eh) .It wil be open in March, pictures later .

Moto BARISAN NASIONAL: "United we stand, united we fall".

Moto PAKATAN RANJANG: "United we stand, you fall yourself lah".
hypermount no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2004, 03:54 AM   #4
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 96

wah!hypermount.Post ASAP ya!i didnt manage to take photos of it when i was back home then.Looks not bad though.Any idea on whether they r gonna replace the Melaka bus?
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #5
glenj

Thank goodness.. phew!! Long overdue .. That horrendous cul-de-sac which turns into a circus at peak hours. Where is the new Sentral?
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:43 AM   #6
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 96

Its located at Peringgit.Btw,where r u from Glenj.
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:15 AM   #7
ethan

Likes (Received): 3

The new bus terminal is near the TESCO. O, it will open this march. wow that quite fast!!!!

Malaysia Truly Asia
ethan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #8
glenj

Quote:
Originally posted by D_Y2k.2^

Its located at Peringgit.Btw,where r u from Glenj.
My connection to Melaka is my parents are living there at klebang besar. Me orig. from penang.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:19 AM   #9
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1082

BUS STATIONS in Klang Valley

Pasar Rakyat bus station

By FARRIS BAHAROM

WITH the latest addition of Hentian Bas Pasar Rakyat, the city now boasts five express bus terminals catering to destinations throughout the country.

Finding your way onto the right bus with minimum hassle is often a challenge, but in certain cases, long queues and crowds need not be the case as several alternatives are available to travellers heading out of town on the average day. However, travelling during long weekends and holidays can still prove to be a challenge.

Whenever travelling by bus comes to mind, the first destination most city dwellers have in mind is inevitably the Puduraya Bus Terminal.

Hentian Bas Jalan Pekeliling in Jalan Pekeliling Lama is the most accessible to pedestrians as it is convenient to get there by bus, taxi, LRT and even the KL Monorail.

Over 30 bus companies operate from Puduraya, which is also the city’s largest public transportation terminal.

The terminal is easily reached via the Star LRT (Plaza Rakyat station), taxi or city buses.

Recent directives from the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board (CVLB) have reduced the number of buses at the station’s 29 platforms at any one time, reducing traffic congestion, with slight changes to passengers’ pick-up and drop off points.

Lack of public transport to get passengers to the city centre is the only drawback of the Hentian Duta station, located near the Tun Razak Hockey Stadium.

Puduraya still caters to all destinations to the north, south and west, and tickets are still readily available here despite speculation that more bus services would be diverted to other terminals, which has yet to happen.

Hentian Duta, located next to the Tun Razak Hockey Stadium (near the Jalan Duta roundabout), is now fully operational and provides complementary bus services mirroring that of Puduraya.

Since last May, the ticket counters of Transnasional, Genting and Airport Coach buses (hourly buses to KLIA,) have been joined by 28 other bus companies catering to routes to the north and south, providing passengers an alternative to Puduraya.

Ample parking space inside and outside the bus terminal make it a convenient pick-up point for those receiving relatives from out of town. However, those travelling by themselves will find that taxis are the only convenient way into the city.

Buses queueing to enter the Puduraya terminal.

The lack of public transportation into the city centre is the only drawback to an otherwise comfortable and accessible terminal.

Many passengers said they preferred to board their buses at Hentian Duta but would still choose to disembark at Puduraya on their return journey, especially if they were scheduled to arrive at night.

A food court is open at the station during the day, as are several shops and newsstands.

Hentian Bas Putra, opposite the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) provides bus services to the east coast including Kerteh, Dungun and Kuala Terengganu in Tereng-ganu, and Gua Musang, Pasir Mas and Kota Baru in Kelantan.

Buses to destinations in Pahang (Kuantan) can also be boarded here.

Facilities for passengers here include a waiting lounge, baggage lockers, a food court, public toilets and a multi-level car park.

Buses and taxis are a convenient way to get to the terminal, which can also be reached via the KTM Komuter (Putra station) and Star-LRT (PWTC station).

Hentian Bas Jalan Pekeliling in Jalan Pekeliling Lama is conveniently located between the KL Monorail and Star-LRT Titiwangsa stations.

Taxis also ply this route regularly, making it the most accessible bus terminal in the city for pedestrians.

The terminal is used to provide bus services to destinations in Pahang such as Kuantan, Raub, Kuala Lipis, Temerloh, with limited buses to Terengganu.

Facilities at this terminal are limited to hawker stalls selling refreshments and a City Hall public toilet.

Launched last month, Hentian Bas Pasar Rakyat is expected to begin operations sometime next month, though a definite date has yet to be announced.

Located between Pasar Rakyat and the food court in Jalan Imbi, the city’s newest bus terminal boasts 64 ticket counters (located on the top floor of Pasar Rakyat,) and 18 bus lanes.

Plans are afoot to raise the number of bus lanes to 60 when the terminal begins operations, if the need arises.

The bus terminal has been designed with passenger comfort in mind as its facilities include food courts and a children’s playground.

The bus terminal, which will service routes to all destinations in the country, is aimed at reducing congestion at other main bus terminals.

Last edited by szehoong; February 23rd, 2004 at 06:28 AM.
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:33 PM   #10
hypermount

Likes (Received): 22

Where is Pasar Rakyat. Jalan Imbi is in the city centre right?

I've been to Duta and Putra Bus Terminal...obviously I'm very familiar with Putra . Very easy to access city centre through LRT as one of the station islocated nearb.

Moto BARISAN NASIONAL: "United we stand, united we fall".

Moto PAKATAN RANJANG: "United we stand, you fall yourself lah".
hypermount no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #11
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally posted by hypermount

Pasar Rakyat is situated somewhere alongside Jalan Tun Razak, behind those TIME Building and another cluster of I don't remember the name of the building. Sze can help you with that.

Jalan Imbi is in the city center. The road that saperate Times Square and Sungai Wang is known as Jalan Imbi
Old February 26th, 2004, 05:33 AM   #12
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally posted by hypermount

I've been to Duta and Putra Bus Terminal...obviously I'm very familiar with Putra . Very easy to access city centre through LRT as one of the station islocated nearb.

Yup....Jalan Imbi is next and parallel to Jalan Bukit Bintang

Putra Bus Terminal is also near to a KTM Komuter station too! .......in fact it is even nearer than the PWTC Starline station.....
Old February 26th, 2004, 05:36 AM   #13
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally posted by ZaHiRnYa???

Pasar Rakyat is situated somewhere alongside Jalan Tun Razak, behind those TIME Building and another cluster of I don't remember the name of the building. Sze can help you with that.

Jalan Imbi is in the city center. The road that saperate Times Square and Sungai Wang is known as Jalan Imbi
Yup....Pasar Rakyat is behind Menara AA, The Forum condominium, Wisma Technip and Wisma Time. If ya know where the Imbi market is.....Pasar Rakyat is just beside it

Another marker for Jalan Imbi would be that the Imbi monorail station is above the road itself.
Old February 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM   #14
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally posted by szehoong

Yup....Pasar Rakyat is behind Menara AA, The Forum condominium, Wisma Technip and Wisma Time. If ya know where the Imbi market is.....Pasar Rakyat is just beside it

Another marker for Jalan Imbi would be that the Imbi monorail station is above the road itself.
Eh....that side got Imbi market? How come I didn't realised about it. Is it a wet or dry market?
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #15
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

Pasar Rakyat is both wet and dry one
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:23 AM   #16
ZaHiRnYa???

Still...I have not been inside it till today
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM   #17