daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1156 votes, 4.97 average.
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #21
nayeem123

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
http://dkn.dinakaran.com/showxml.asp...773&code=17968

*50 crores TNSTC/SETC will get profit in advertisement through satellite TV
*TNSTC/SETC was spending 17crores in renting the DVD players. So satellite TV concept was introduced.
* Now LCD monitors are fitted in Trichy, Madurai & Nellai buses.
* Satellite TV will be telecasted either from Trichy or Chennai.

Do you know the company name who is doing this project, and what technology they are using.--- thanks in advance
nayeem123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #22
nayeem123

lcd tv in TNSTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arul Murugan View Post
http://dkn.dinakaran.com/showxml.asp...773&code=17968

*50 crores TNSTC/SETC will get profit in advertisement through satellite TV
*TNSTC/SETC was spending 17crores in renting the DVD players. So satellite TV concept was introduced.
* Now LCD monitors are fitted in Trichy, Madurai & Nellai buses.
* Satellite TV will be telecasted either from Trichy or Chennai.

do you know the company name and contact number who is implimenting this project. Thanks
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #23
Kewl Batty
When it rains, it pours!

Likes (Received): 13

I saw HCL Monitors in SETC buses.... Supposedly, they're special monitors with a small PC within it... They can reboot the machine if there's any problem in relaying.. Thre relaying is controlled centrally and not by drivers or conductors.
Kewl Batty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #24
nayeem123

Kewl

Thank you very much for your reply, we are planning to implement similar system in our bus fleets in USA,
if any one knows the company name and contact information who is implementing this project for SETC and TNSTC buses I would greatly appreciate it. So I can get some technical details on net work setup. Or may be I can convince them to export there technology to USA.

Thank you in advance.
Old August 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #25
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsubbu.mdu View Post
Chennai HC directs removal of ads from govt buses

Adverstisement on Public transport is a Global phenomena and i have never seen anyone complaining that they met with a accident due to a adverstisement on a Bus.In that case all vinyl banners in cities and even sticking posters on walls need to be banned.
Coimbatore Consumer Forum has literally killed a good revenue route for the STC's.Now STC's will dump more SLF buses on the public vigorously to compensate the loss of revenue from ads.

Subbu
Subbu, I agree that advertisement on public transport is a global phenomenon. And I was wondering why the HC ordered like that. But making the windscreens and the mirrors and also the areas close to them as platforms / base for advertisements will surely interrupt the driving efficiency. Hope the court would amend the order and limit the restriction with regard to the advts on the windscreens, mirrors and other area that adversely affects the visibility and concentration of the drivers. Already there are a good number of 'blind spots' for every vehilcle, wherein the drivers have no control over their physical visibility.

BTW, in many cities, the roadside hoardings those cause accidents by way of attracting the attention of the drivers have been removed.
Old August 26th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #26
VijayyMdu
Heart Rules ` Mind Waves

^ First let them issue NOTICE / DIRECTIONS to the Concerned Authorities to fill the Potholes and No Road Parts in the Highways across the country ! ... You know how difficult the driving during the night hours ... Still the FLASHY BRIGHT Front Lights r d Night marez ... @ Many Junctions there are No Proper Sign Boards ...

God please Save our Country ....
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #27
vivasayee
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

buses

I travel frequently to Tuticorin, Madurai, Coimbatore and Salem by TNSTC buses during daytime from Kovilpatti.
TNSTC Buses have 2+3 seating arrangement with little leg space.
Blarring audio and video make the journey uncomfortable.
Buses are so cramped that in case of emergency, exit from bus is very difficult.

More 2+2 buses during daytime would give more revenue to TNSTC
vivasayee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #28
Saravanakkumar

Likes (Received): 492

Deleted

Deleted. .
Saravanakkumar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:59 AM   #29
Kewl Batty
When it rains, it pours!

Claims prompt govt buses to take cover
TN To Insure 20,000 Transport Corpn Buses

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Quote:
Chennai: Faced with severe court strictures for its failure to settle accident compensation claims, the state government has decided to get insurance cover for its huge fleet of about 20,000 state corporation buses. Presently, the fleet of state-run buses are exempted from third party risk insurance under the Motor Vehicles Act.
Chief minister M Karunanidhi, who made the announcement at the two-day collector’s conference, which began on Thursday, said the government decided to get insurance cover for its buses in view of the expenses incurred due to the mounting compensation claims for accidents. The inordinate delay in settling the claims and the long drawn court proceedings only added to the problems. Families of accident victims can now hope to get immediate compensation, Karunanidhi said.
The government’s decision has come in the wake of the transport department’s pathetic record in paying compensation to the victims’ families. There have been at least two recent cases of courts ordering seizure of buses involved in accidents in lieu of compensation. Officials of insurance companies estimate that the total cost of insuring all the 20,000 buses could be anywhere around Rs 50 crore, depending on current market rates. But the government could settle for lower premiums by opting to invite bids from insurers.
Assuming that the average age of the 50-seater vehicles is around 7 years, the insurance premium would still have 3 major components—basic third-party cover, passenger liability and vehicle value segment. This pegs the insurance outgo per bus at around Rs 27,000 to Rs 30,000. A former Congress MP SK Karvendhan, has been waging a war against the state government, claiming to have sought information about pending settlements through the RTI Act. According to him, the government was burdened by compensation claims amounting to about Rs 200 crore. “There are cases in which the family of a victim has not been paid compensation for an accident that happened in 1991 and there are cases when the compensation awarded was Rs 90,000 but the accrued interest alone has come to Rs 1.5 lakh,” he said.
Through RTI, the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) has revealed that it has 2,320 compensation cases pending with claims worth Rs 33 crore to be settled.
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #30
Kewl Batty
When it rains, it pours!

At last!
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #31
sam_k

Likes (Received): 1

SETC.....Get a life!!!

There was a time when Govt buses of TN were among the best in south India....Look at it today..I don't see a single SETC in decent condition..forget good. The interiors are seldom clean..The seat are stained,the white seat covers are brown,The floor never cleaned and in general u get the feeling if we will make it to point B on time!!!Moreover the so called SETC's dont seem to do more than 70-75kmph for some reason.Mayb its a part of the drive for fuel conservation..if thats the case it shouldnt be called SETC.The worst part is there's no online booking..U wait for 40 mins in the queue and then told that seats for that route are full..so there goes our time for a six..Yesterday..i had been to Koyambedu bustand to pack my wife off to hosur for the weekend..and i found 6 volvos's of KSRTC on platform one and 4 SETC's on platform 2(all rundown purple & yellow buses)..all headed to bangalore and beyond..Believe me,,theres no way i can compare ksrtc's with setc's..Its in 2 different league altogether..They just seem to buy more and more buses but..wats the point!!!They are hardly maintained..frequent SETC patrons would be able to relate to what i am ranting about...

And why on earth doesn't SETC have volvo's yet..The rest 3 from the southern states have it...why don't we???
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:49 AM   #32
vivasayee
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_k View Post
:

And why on earth doesn't SETC have volvo's yet..The rest 3 from the southern states have it...why don't we???
How volvo is good than leiland?
same size, same length, same seats only a/c is different.
vivasayee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:18 PM   #33
goravind

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivasayee View Post
The present league of buses, SETC is owning is nowhere comparable to B7R volvo's other state transport organizations are owning. The B7R's have superior engine,suspension and can fire upto 100kmph in no time. IMO KSRTC(karnataka) have the best maintained fleet of buses in south india.
goravind no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:52 AM   #34
Kewl Batty
When it rains, it pours!

Quote:
LOL! Go take a volvo ride once and you'll know the difference dude!

Don't even think of comparing volvos with AL.
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM   #35
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 276

Smile

Quote:
There was a time when Govt buses of TN were among the best in south India....Look at it today..I don't see a single SETC in decent condition..forget good. The interiors are seldom clean..The seat are stained,the white seat covers are brown,The floor never cleaned and in general u get the feeling if we will make it to point B on time!!!Moreover the so called SETC's dont seem to do more than 70-75kmph for some reason.Mayb its a part of the drive for fuel conservation..if thats the case it shouldnt be called SETC.The worst part is there's no online booking..U wait for 40 mins in the queue and then told that seats for that route are full..so there goes our time for a six..Yesterday..i had been to Koyambedu bustand to pack my wife off to hosur for the weekend..and i found 6 volvos's of KSRTC on platform one and 4 SETC's on platform 2(all rundown purple & yellow buses)..all headed to bangalore and beyond..Believe me,,theres no way i can compare ksrtc's with setc's..Its in 2 different league altogether..They just seem to buy more and more buses but..wats the point!!!They are hardly maintained..frequent SETC patrons would be able to relate to what i am ranting about...

The only reason i think behind all these are: karnataka, Andhra are having Central Party rule and they will try to make profit out of anything with a good and quality service. The same is the idea behind KSRTC, BMTC and APSRTC. Since APSRTC is having the largest fleet, it amy take time to develop. So is the reason for having metered autos in Karnataka and Kerala and not in Tamilnadu. Now in Andhra Pradesh, metered autos have been introduced in all cities.

Tamilnadu is having a regional party rule and they dont care about the organization/Corporation. So to minimize the loss, the buses speed has been reduced so as for maintaining fuel economy. I heard somewhere that TNSTC buses won the best award for fuel economy National level.

The reason for SETC not having VOLVO buses: Ashok Leyland/TATA engins have more fuel economy than VOLVO engins. I have noticed some MTC volvo buses plyinng to Mahabalipuram overtaking TNSTC buses plying in the ECR route.

I cite an example for the first paragraph i explained:
One day i travelled from Tirunelvely to Puducherry in PRTC Super Delux bus.
He went in the top speed he can go. He started from Tirunelvely at 7 and i am at my home in Puducherry at 5 am in the morn. Them time includes three places where he stopped for break. He overtook many buses in the journey, including TNSTC, SETC(UD and AC) and private travels buses.

I may not be perfectly correct. But this is the information i gatherd. If it is wrong or if i hurt anyone, please apologize me.
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #36
think_different

Likes (Received): 138

TN Govt is going to buy the 1000 New Buses

* 1,000 புதிய பஸ்கள் வாங்க தமிழக அரசு திட்டம்

சென்னை: மத்திய அரசின் ஜவஹர்லால் நேரு நகர்ப்புற வளர்ச்சித் திட்டத்தின் கீழ், ஆயிரம் புதிய பஸ்கள் தமிழகத்திற்கு வரப் போகின்றன. முதல்கட்டமாக, சென்னை மாநகரப் போக்குவரத்துக் கழகம், 200 சொகுசு பஸ்களை கொண்டு வருகிறது. புதிய பஸ்களை வாங்க, மத்திய அரசின் ஜவஹர்லால் நகர்ப்புற வளர்ச்சித் திட்டத்தின் கீழ், 50 சதவீதம் வழங்கப்படுகிறது. இது, மானியமாக கிடைக்கும். மாநில அரசின் பங்காக, 35 சதவீதம் கடனாக போக்குவரத்து கழகத்திற்கு வழங்கப்படுகிறது. மீதமுள்ள 15 சதவீதத்தை, போக்குவரத்துக் கழகங்கள் செலுத்துகின்றன. இதன்மூலம், 900 தாழ்தள பஸ்கள் மற்றும் 100 'ஏசி' பஸ்கள் வாங்கத் திட்டமிடப்பட்டுள்ளன. முதல்கட்டமாக, சென்னை மாநகர போக்குவரத்து கழகத்திற்கு, (எம்.டி.சி.,) 200 தாழ்தள சொகுசு பஸ்கள் தயாராகியுள்ளன. வரும் 15ம் தேதி, சென்னையில் நடைபெறும் விழா ஒன்றில், இந்த புதிய பஸ்கள் துவக்கி வைக்கப்படுகின்றன.

source : dinamalar
think_different no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #37
ajithv
BANNED

Likes (Received): 328

Quote:
I travel frequently to Tuticorin, Madurai, Coimbatore and Salem by TNSTC buses during daytime from Kovilpatti.
TNSTC Buses have 2+3 seating arrangement with little leg space.
Blarring audio and video make the journey uncomfortable.
Buses are so cramped that in case of emergency, exit from bus is very difficult.

More 2+2 buses during daytime would give more revenue to TNSTC
Regarding the leg space in TNSTC,I agree with you.Sometimes I had to travel from Madurai to Nagercoil in thess buses.It is horrible to travel with less legspace.
ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #38
vignu

Likes (Received): 20

Can any body tell me the bus fares from Chennai to bangalore ( ord/ exprss, UD ) of SETC and TNSTC only....although this may not be the best place for the question, plz help?
vignu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #39
vignu

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:

The major reason for all these mess is the low fare which is kept constant over all these years....even TNSTC buses are becoming worse (esp. UDs)
But even now our ordinary /express buses are one among the best in INDIA ..all the so called STU's having volvos are maintaining the ord buses in hopeless manner..Our state is concentrating on low cost and short distance services more and altogether neglecting the long distance ones...the long services can be inmproved by increasing the price nominally and plying well maintained buses.This can attract private bus users also.
vignu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #40
krishnancv

Likes (Received): 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignu View Post
Can any body tell me the bus fares from Chennai to bangalore ( ord/ exprss, UD ) of SETC and TNSTC only....although this may not be the best place for the question, plz help?
SETC UD via HOSUR-285rs
via CHITTOOR-225 rs.
SETC A/C 375 rs

My perspective
krishnancv no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
buses

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: