daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #121
elfabyanos
Dracuna Macoides
 
elfabyanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,814
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
.....the entire TGV network in Europe carries 227,000 users per day.
You mean the entire TGV network in France? By including Thalys and Eurostar the figure is about 260,000, for TGV-type only trains, this does not include the rest of Europe.
elfabyanos no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #122
Tri-ring
Expert
 
Tri-ring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 459
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfabyanos View Post
You mean the entire TGV network in France? By including Thalys and Eurostar the figure is about 260,000, for TGV-type only trains, this does not include the rest of Europe.
If that is an arguement in comparing numbers then it is a very weak one since you are comparing a single line(the Tokaido) against an entire system with many lines.
__________________
banned for denial of war crimes in world war 2.
Tri-ring no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #123
elfabyanos
Dracuna Macoides
 
elfabyanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,814
Likes (Received): 5

I have no idea what you're reading into my post. FML gave the impression that entire usage of HSR in Europe is 227,000/day. It isn't.
elfabyanos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #124
FML
Registered User
 
FML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saitama, JP
Posts: 521
Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfabyanos View Post
You mean the entire TGV network in France? By including Thalys and Eurostar the figure is about 260,000, for TGV-type only trains, this does not include the rest of Europe.
I meant TGV proper only, sans Thalys or Eurostar. I said "Europe" because I thought LGV Est extends to Germany, but I was apparently wrong. Thanks for your correction.
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #125
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,944
Likes (Received): 18212

Tokyo - Nagoya Maglev

Japan to go ahead with maglev train despite crisis: company
26 December 2008
Agence France Presse

The chairman of Central Japan Railway Co. said Friday a costly project to build the next generation of maglev train would go ahead, brushing aside concerns about the impact of the global economic crisis.

The rail operator plans to build the world's fastest passenger train, which would be magnetically levitated above its track between Tokyo and Nagoya central Japan, at a cost of 5.1 trillion yen (56 billion dollars) by 2025.

"We can't expect conditions to be unchanged all the time," chairman Yoshiyuki Kasai told a news conference. "There are some days of good wind and some days of bad wind."

Kasai said that, while the global crisis might lead to a decline in the number of passengers, it could also help cut borrowing costs, which would reduce its expected massive debt on the project.

The company plans to collect funds by itself without relying on government subsidies. It hopes that it can eliminate debt from the project within eight years.

Last week, the Bank of Japan slashed its benchmark interest rate to just 0.1 percent, joining a wave of global cuts as it warned of a sharp deterioration in the world's second-largest economy.

Maglev, or magnetically levitated, trains travel above ground through an electromagnetic pull. The only high-speed maglev train now in commercial operation is in Shanghai.

Japan's maglev will be the fastest passenger train, with a velocity of about 500 kilometres (310 miles) an hour, travelling a distance of 290 kilometres.

The Japanese rail company's magnetic-levitated train hit 581 kilometers an hour in 2003 in a trial run on a test course in Japan's central Yamanashi prefecture.
__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #126
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店
 
siamu maharaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,188
Likes (Received): 4973

Sounds great!
__________________
ho ho to pa ki ho
siamu maharaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #127
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225

JAPAN | Maglev

I just realized that although there are a lot going on with the planned Maglev Chuo Shinkansen, very little gets translated.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2025年の開業を目指す「中央リニア新幹線」の東京側の始発駅をめぐって、
JR東日本の清野智社長は2日の記者会見で、
東海道新幹線品川駅の構内でボーリング調査を始めたことを明らかにした。
 
同調査は6月中旬から行っており、年内にリニアの事業主体であるJR東海に報告する見通し。
この結果、リニアの東京始発駅は、新幹線品川駅の直下に建設される公算が大きくなった。

ソース:時事ドットコム
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=ind_30&k=2009070200852

Quick (human) translation
In a press conference held by JR-East on the 2nd of July, the CEO of JR-East announced that it has started ground boring tests in Shinagawa station to prepare for Chuo Maglev Shinkansen due to start its commercial operation in 2025. The tests have been conducted since mid-June, and it plans to report the results to JR-Central until December. The terminal station on Tokyo side is expected to be constructed underneath the current Shinagawa Shinkansen Station.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

リニア「Bルート」の決議採択…諏訪地区商工団体同盟会[09/07/07]
http://www.nagano-np.co.jp/modules/n...?storyid=14803

Chamber of Commerce of Suwa, Nagano backs a motion demanding Chuo Maglev Shinkansen to be built by "B-route"

------------------------------------------------------------------
Background: There is an ongoing dispute over the route of Chuo Maglev Shinkansen- "B" or "C"
Map:
http://blog-imgs-19.fc2.com/l/i/n/li...nsen/map69.jpg
(D and G are "p*sstaker routes" satirically proposed by 2chan folks)
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #128
gramercy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,823
Likes (Received): 799

it seems to me that 'B' would undercut the whole purpose of a _maglev_ line: as fast as possible on the straightest line between LARGE cities (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka)
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #129
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225





The planned location for Chuo Shinkansen platform just below platform 21-24.
Chuo Shinkansen will pass through heavily urbanized regions through a deep tunnel (40m+), so I would imagine just after leaving Shinagawa, the train will descend a rather steep downhill to the south under Yamanote/ Keihin-Tohoku line tracks, before it turns west toward Nagoya.


Soil tests in Shinagawa Station



And construction photo (2008/11/02) in Yamanashi

(http://fwga5977.cocolog-nifty.com/do...233/index.html)

Officially, this is an extension of Yamanashi test track but it is planned to become a part of future Tokyo-Nagoya main line.

Last edited by 2co2co; July 10th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #130
Papagei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Thank you for the updates! I hope you will go on with that pretty good job!
Papagei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #131
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225

JR Central has released a detailed estimates of the demands, and construction, running and maintainance costs of Chuo Shinkansen for 3 possible routes.
http://www.47news.jp/CN/200907/CN2009071701001143.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
輸送需要でも直線が優位 リニア新幹線で試算
 JR東海が、首都圏-中京圏を結ぶリニア中央新幹線の3ルートを対象に行った輸送需要や維持管理費などの試算結果が17日分かった。輸送人数と移動距離を掛けて算出する「輸送需要量」は、甲府市から南アルプスをほぼ直線で貫通して名古屋に至る同社想定の「南アルプスルート」が年間167億人キロで最も多く、長野県が要望する南アルプスを北へ迂回する「伊那谷ルート」を9%上回った。

 これまでの同社の試算で南アルプスルートは伊那谷ルートより、工事費で6400億円、所要時間で7分それぞれ少なくて済むことが既に分かっている。今回の試算で輸送需要や、維持管理、設備更新に掛かる費用でも直線ルートの優位が明らかになった。

 JR東海は21日に試算結果を自民党に示すほか、長野県など沿線自治体にも伝え、ルート調整に活用する方針だ。

 試算は、リニアが開業する2025年を想定。南アルプスルート(延長286キロ)は、他ルートよりも所要時間が短いため輸送需要が多い。年間に必要な維持運営費が1620億円で、車両や駅設備などの更新費は25年から50年間で合計2兆9100億円となる。

 残る二つの南アルプス迂回ルートのうち、茅野から南下し伊那、飯田を経て名古屋に至る伊那谷ルート(同346キロ)は輸送需要量が153億人キロ、維持運営費が1810億円、更新費が3兆4200億円となった。

 一方、茅野から木曽、中津川を経て名古屋に至る「木曽谷ルート」(同334キロ)は輸送需要量が156億人キロ、維持運営費が1770億円、更新費が3兆3300億円だった。

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Demands in the "straight route" (Route C) appear superior

On the 17th, JR Central has released expected figures for demands and maintainance costs of Chuo Maglev Shinkansen, connecting Tokyo and Nagoya by three possible routes. The demands for "C route" was estimated 16.7 billion man-kilometer, 9% higher than "B route" that Nagano prefecture demands.

In the past estimates, it has been reported that C route would take 7 minutes less and would cost 640B yen less for construction than B route. The latest estimates emphasized the superiority of C route from the point of view of demands and maintainance. JR Central is expected to submit the figures to the LDP (Liberal Democratic Party, the ruling party of Japan) and local governments along the expected route to decide on the route.

The estimates assumed the year 2025, the year Maglev Chuo Shinkansen is expected to open. C route (length:286km) has larger demands due to shorter travel time. The running cost would by 162B yen per year, and the maintainance cost for 50 years between 2025-2075 would be 2T910B yen.

The B route (346km) stood 15.3B man-km for demands, 181B yen/year for running cost and 3T420B yen for maintainance. The figures for A route stood 15.6B man-km for demand, 177B yen/year for running and 3T330B for maintainance.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"C route" tunnels through Akaishi mountains, a mountain range with fragile geology and numerous active faults. (http://kenplatz.nikkeibp.co.jp/artic...090701/533704/ too long to translate.... ) It was deemed technologically impossible 30 years ago, and the B route was "tacitly assumed" by most parties, especially Nagano prefecture, which thinks, will have a lot to gain from Chuo Shinkansen if built by B route. However, 2 years ago JR Central declared that advancement in construction technologies made C route possible and its should be back on table as the strongest candidate.

Last edited by 2co2co; July 19th, 2009 at 01:00 AM.
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #132
Aerond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2co2co View Post
JR Central has released a detailed estimates of the demands, and construction, running and maintainance costs of Chuo Shinkansen for 3 possible routes.
http://www.47news.jp/CN/200907/CN2009071701001143.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
輸送需要でも直線が優位 リニア新幹線で試算
 JR東海が、首都圏-中京圏を結ぶリニア中央新幹線の3ルートを対象に行った輸送需要や維持管理費などの試算結果が17日分かった。輸送人数と移動距離を掛けて算出する「輸送需要量」は、甲府市から南アルプスをほぼ直線で貫通して名古屋に至る同社想定の「南アルプスルート」が年間167億人キロで最も多く、長野県が要望する南アルプスを北へ迂回する「伊那谷ルート」を9%上回った。

 これまでの同社の試算で南アルプスルートは伊那谷ルートより、工事費で6400億円、所要時間で7分それぞれ少なくて済むことが既に分かっている。今回の試算で輸送需要や、維持管理、設備更新に掛かる費用でも直線ルートの優位が明らかになった。

 JR東海は21日に試算結果を自民党に示すほか、長野県など沿線自治体にも伝え、ルート調整に活用する方針だ。

 試算は、リニアが開業する2025年を想定。南アルプスルート(延長286キロ)は、他ルートよりも所要時間が短いため輸送需要が多い。年間に必要な維持運営費が1620億円で、車両や駅設備などの更新費は25年から50年間で合計2兆9100億円となる。

 残る二つの南アルプス迂回ルートのうち、茅野から南下し伊那、飯田を経て名古屋に至る伊那谷ルート(同346キロ)は輸送需要量が153億人キロ、維持運営費が1810億円、更新費が3兆4200億円となった。

 一方、茅野から木曽、中津川を経て名古屋に至る「木曽谷ルート」(同334キロ)は輸送需要量が156億人キロ、維持運営費が1770億円、更新費が3兆3300億円だった。

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Demands in the "straight route" (Route C) appear superior

On the 17th, JR Central has released expected figures for demands and maintainance costs of Chuo Maglev Shinkansen, connecting Tokyo and Nagoya by three possible routes. The demands for "C route" was estimated 16.7 billion man-kilometer, 9% higher than "B route" that Nagano prefecture demands.

In the past estimates, it has been reported that C route would take 7 minutes less and would cost 640B yen less for construction than B route. The latest estimates emphasized the superiority of C route from the point of view of demands and maintainance. JR Central is expected to submit the figures to the LDP (Liberal Democratic Party, the ruling party of Japan) and local governments along the expected route to decide on the route.

The estimates assumed the year 2025, the year Maglev Chuo Shinkansen is expected to open. C route (length:286km) has larger demands due to shorter travel time. The running cost would by 162B yen per year, and the maintainance cost for 50 years between 2025-2075 would be 2T910B yen.

The B route (346km) stood 15.3B man-km for demands, 181B yen/year for running cost and 3T420B yen for maintainance. The figures for A route stood 15.6B man-km for demand, 177B yen/year for running and 3T330B for maintainance.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"C route" tunnels through Akaishi mountains, a mountain range with fragile geology and numerous active faults. (http://kenplatz.nikkeibp.co.jp/artic...090701/533704/ too long to translate.... ) It was deemed technologically impossible 30 years ago, and the B route was "tacitly assumed" by most parties, especially Nagano prefecture, which thinks, will have a lot to gain from Chuo Shinkansen if built by B route. However, 2 years ago JR Central declared that advancement in construction technologies made C route possible and its should be back on table as the strongest candidate.
Seems very expensive... BUT, knowing the Japanese, theyīll run trains from 6am to 10pm; at 3 per hour each direction, thatīs 96 trains a day. If a train can host 600 pax, letīs say that on average 400 will travel on it. That makes a little more than 14 million pax/year. If each of them pays 18000 yen as the fare (thatīs 30% more than current Nozomi fare, so it will probably be much more), thatīs more than 252B per year!!!

And my estimation is not very realistic, because they wonīt run a train every 20 minutes, it will be a train every 10 minutes once they can handle it, and the fare will be higher and most of them will go with a 90% ocuppation, not a 66%.
Aerond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #133
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225

NOZOMI to be discontinued after the opening of Chuo Shinkansen

The CEO of JR Central, Takayuki Kasai revealed in a conference that Tokaido Shinkansen will run by KODAMA and HIKARI (as it used to be) and NOZOMI will be discontinued after the opening of Chuo Shinkansen.

JR Tokai plans to start commercial operation of Chuo Maglev Shikansen by 2025 between Tokyo and Nagoya, and is also planning Osaka extension.

NOZOMI is currently operated in Tokaido and Sanyo routes. Mr. Kasai emphasized that after discontinuation of NOZOMI in Tokaido line, the number of HIKARI services will increase in stations (namely, Toyohashi, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Mishima, Odawara) where NOZOMI currently doesn't stop, and therefore access to Tokyo and Osaka from these locations will be significantly improved.

---------------------------------------------------------------


のぞみ、リニア開業後に廃止=葛西JR東海会長が内情講演

 JR東海の葛西敬之会長は5日、都内で開かれた内外情勢調査会の講演で、東京-名古屋間で「リニア中央新幹線」が営業開始した後は、「(東海道新幹線は)『ひかり』と『こだま』の列車体系に戻る」と述べ、「のぞみ」は廃止する見通しであることを明らかにした。
 同社は、2025年に東京-名古屋間でリニアの営業運転開始を目指しているほか、大阪までの延伸も計画している。
 「のぞみ」は現在、東海道・山陽両路線で運行。葛西会長は東海道で廃止した際には「豊橋、浜松、静岡、三島、小田原といった『のぞみ』が停車していない駅で、『ひかり』の停車本数が増える」と指摘。これらの駅から東京や大阪などへのアクセスの利便性が、大きく向上すると強調した。(2009/08/05-17:01)

http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=ind_30&k=2009080500654

---------------------------------------------------------------
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #134
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225

Construction of Chuo Maglev Shikansen also has a significant effect to the plan of Hokuriku Shinkansen. The above news and the issue with Hokuriku Shikansen all boils down to the fact that Tokaido Shinkansen is overloaded.

The current focal point of Hokuriku Shinkansen is, where and by what route it with join with Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen. The shortest (and cheapest) route is currently deemed impractical because it would join somewhere between Nagoya and Kyoto, and add the traffic of Hokuriku Shinkansen to that already overcrowded line. However, if Chuo Shikansen takes some load off there, Hokuriku Shikansen can join Tokaido Shikansen by its cheapest/easiest route.
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #135
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225

リニア新幹線、2015年着工想定 国交省、民主議員に説明

 東海旅客鉄道(JR東海)が2025年の開業をめざすリニア中央新幹線について、国土交通省が15年度の着工を想定していることが11日、分かった。来年度にも交通政策審議会を開き、着工に向けた手続きに入る。JR東海はこれまで「10年代前半の着工をめざす」としており、具体的な着工時期が明らかになるのは初めて。

 国交省幹部が沿線自治体の民主党国会議員に説明した。それによると国交省は10年度からの交通政策審議会の議論を経て、ルートなど整備計画を決定。環境アセスメントなどを経て、着工する計画だ。建設には約10年かかるとされる。
http://www.nikkei.co.jp/news/main/20...X11092009.html
=================================================

Maglev Shinkansen: Ministry of Land and Transport reveals their plan

Regarding Maglev Chuo Shinkansen that JR Central plans to open by 2025, it was revealed that the Ministry of Land and Transport is assuming 2015 start of construction. In the next financial year, the ministry will set up a relevant board of committees to initiate the administrative procedures toward the construction. JR Central has been asserting early-2010's start of construction.

According to the ministry officials, the Ministry of Land and Transport will finalize the plan through the board of committees. The construction will commence after environmental assessments. The construction is expected to take 10 years.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is not about the test track but the real thing.
To date, the government has been quiet about Maglev Shinkansen.


http://osaka.yomiuri.co.jp/eco/news/...OYO8T00659.htm

The current governer of Osaka prefecture, Hashimoto wants a Maglev connecting between airports, through central Osaka: Kansai(airport)-Osaka-Itami(airport)-Kobe.
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #136
JoFMO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 0

Can someone paste the alignment options in this forum? The link is not working for me, unfotunately.
JoFMO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #137
2co2co
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 440
Likes (Received): 225

SOME SEGMENTS OPEN EARLIER THAN 2025

JR Central has decided to commence the commercial operation of Maglev Chuo Shinkansen by 2020 for Kanagawa (Sagamihara) -Yamanashi (Fuefuki) 60km segment, 5 years prior to the opening of the complete Tokyo-Nagoya line.
By the early opening of some segments, JR-Central plans to secure the funding for an earlier construction of the entire Tokyo-Osaka line, which was originally announced to open by 2045.

JR Central is currently extending the Yamanashi Test Track to 42.8km from the current 18.2km. There are currently some disagreements with Nagano Prefecture over the exact route of Maglev Chuo Shinkansen. By extending the test track to the east, the company plans to start construction (of the main commercial track) on 2014 and commence operations by 2020.

Executives of JR Central stated that "the Tokyo-Nagoya line does not necessary be openend at once. By combining these measures (earlier opening for some segments) with the current operation of Tokaido Shinkansen, there would be no finanicial difficulties."

========================================================

JR東海は、平成37年に東京~名古屋間で開業予定のリニア中央新幹線について、神奈川県相模原市付近から山梨県笛吹(ふえふき)市付近にかけての約60キロの区間を、5年程度前倒しして32年ごろに開業させる方針を固めた。同社はこれまで東京~大阪間の全線開通を57年としてきたが、一部区間の開業前倒しで、名古屋以西区間の建設資金を早めに確保し、早期の全線開通を目指す。

 JR東海は現在、山梨県内でリニア実験線の延伸工事を実施中。25年度末には現在の18.4キロから42・8キロに伸びる。リニア中央新幹線はルート選定をめぐって、東京~名古屋間をほぼ一直線で計画するJR東海と、諏訪地方への迂回(うかい)を求める長野県との間で協議が難航。先に実験線を東に延伸させ、早ければ26年度にも建設を始め、32年度をめどに開業にこぎつけたい意向だ。

 JR東海は「東京~名古屋間をすべて一度に開業させなければいけないことはない。並行する東海道新幹線と組み合わせれば、採算面でも問題はない」(同社首脳)としている。

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/economy/bus...1410018-n1.htm
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #138
Tri-ring
Expert
 
Tri-ring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 459
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2co2co View Post
SOME SEGMENTS OPEN EARLIER THAN 2025

JR Central has decided to commence the commercial operation of Maglev Chuo Shinkansen by 2020 for Kanagawa (Sagamihara) -Yamanashi (Fuefuki) 60km segment, 5 years prior to the opening of the complete Tokyo-Nagoya line.
By the early opening of some segments, JR-Central plans to secure the funding for an earlier construction of the entire Tokyo-Osaka line, which was originally announced to open by 2045.

JR Central is currently extending the Yamanashi Test Track to 42.8km from the current 18.2km. There are currently some disagreements with Nagano Prefecture over the exact route of Maglev Chuo Shinkansen. By extending the test track to the east, the company plans to start construction (of the main commercial track) on 2014 and commence operations by 2020.

Executives of JR Central stated that "the Tokyo-Nagoya line does not necessary be openend at once. By combining these measures (earlier opening for some segments) with the current operation of Tokaido Shinkansen, there would be no finanicial difficulties."


http://sankei.jp.msn.com/economy/bus...1410018-n1.htm
Basically its a political tug of war on who gains initiative of route selection and station location the government or JR Tokai, in which Tokai is trying to gain the public opinion on their side.
The question of location where the station in Kanagawa will be built Hashimoto or Sagamihara is a big factor since Mitsui group is investing heavily in Hashimoto realstate.
Sagamihara has a vast open lot that used to be used by the US Military while Hashimoto has a direct connection to Shinjuku via the Keio line.
__________________
banned for denial of war crimes in world war 2.
Tri-ring no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:56 PM   #139
Palatinus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 164
Likes (Received): 0

[JAPAN] - Tokyo / Osaka / MAGLEV line - 2025

What do you think about it?
Palatinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:09 AM   #140
FML
Registered User
 
FML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saitama, JP
Posts: 521
Likes (Received): 49

Tokyo-Osaka is 2045 in the current plan. (How disappointing!)

JR Central plans to complete the section between Sagamihara and Yamanashi first in 2020, which is practically useless other than for showcasing. They say they will complete the section between Tokyo and Nagoya in 2027.

I wish Japanese government could relocate even the 10% of their budget of highway constructions to rails, but that's not going to happen in this country where no one cares for rails. So JR Central, a private company, has to build this $100 billion line by itself.

On the positive note, when JR Central says "Go", they really mean it - Having a bypass line in Tokaido corridor is crucial for the company's survival, so no matter how long it takes, they will have the line. (But I wouldn't be surprised if countries like China already had 3,000 km+ maglev networks in 2045...)
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium