daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #1041
sputnik15
BANNED

Likes (Received): 437

What we learnt ?
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...l#.UzeJLqi4XtR

This page has some interesting read, for more recent articles.
https://www.facebook.com/MH370( allow 2 min. to open full )
sputnik15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2014, 12:22 AM   #1042
ESPImperium

Likes (Received): 147

Thinking outside the box here, but im thinking about the debris thats been seen, but im thinking how much of it could be from the Japanese and Asian Tsunamis in 2004 & 2010?

If this is the case, i think there will be a diminishing hope of finding any of the MH370 wreckage, especially if it came to rest in the sea with a soft belly down landing and not the landing that the media are leading us to believe could have happened. Especially if there was massive decompression and the pilots and majority of the passengers got knocked out with it.

Not saying there won't be wreckage, but the amount that is being suggested may be much less than expected, possibly 85%-90% less than being suggested.

Im thinking about a variable that may not have ben reported yet.
Old March 31st, 2014, 02:29 AM   #1043
sputnik15
BANNED

Big Pictorial photos :

http://www.990px.pl/index.php/2014/03/26/zaginiony-mh370/
( Let page open fully, ( 1 min.) and then in the very upper right corner, ( Google translate ) change the language )

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/30/mh370-victims-families-demand-evidence-truth-as-search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-ramped-up/

Post no. 1395 here
http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/7146-Malaysia-Airlines-Flight-Goes-Missing-En-Route-to-China-Flight-MH370?p=49367&viewfull=1#post49367

Last edited by sputnik15; March 31st, 2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old March 31st, 2014, 04:12 AM   #1044
sputnik15
BANNED

Old March 31st, 2014, 06:00 PM   #1045
sputnik15
BANNED

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...35917550_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...33322144_o.jpg

Able Seaman Marine Technician Matthew Oxley stands aboard Australian Navy ship HMAS Success looking for debris in the southern Indian Ocean March 31, 2014. — Reuters pic
.http://www.themalaymailonline.com/im...4-894x620.jpeg

Australia's Prime Minister Tony Abbott (2nd left) is briefed on the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 by Royal Australian Air Force Group Commander Craig Heap (right) near Perth March 31, 2014. ― Reuters pic
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/im...3-1000x600.jpg

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott meets members of Malaysia's Air Force who are currently based at RAAF Base Pearce near Perth March 31, 2014. ― Reuters pic
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/im...03-846x620.jpg

Australia's Prime Minister Tony Abbott is guided around a Royal Australian Air Force P-3C Orion aircraft by Australia's Air Force Group Commander Craig Heap (2nd left) near Perth March 31, 2014. ― Reuters pic
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/im...03-954x620.jpg

Australia's Prime Minister Tony Abbott (right) meets with South Korea's Navy Captain Lee Jin-young during his visit to RAAF Base Pearce near Perth March 31, 2014. ― Reuters pic
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/im...03-923x620.jpg

-----------

MH370 PRESS BRIEFING BY HISHAMMUDDIN HUSSEIN,

MINISTER OF DEFENCE AND ACTING MINISTER OF TRANSPORT

31 MARCH 2014, 5:30PM

Introductory statement

Before I begin today’s briefing, I would like to reiterate what Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbot said this morning.
The international co-operation underway in the search for MH370 is nothing short of tremendous....

The militaries of Malaysia, Australia, the United States, New Zealand, China, Japan and Korea are all working to find the missing plane.

I should also like to point out that Indonesia has given clearance for 94 sorties - by aircraft from nine different countries - to fly in their airspace, as part of this search.
As Prime Minister Abbot said, .............. ( Read more )

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Minis...999?ref=stream ( no login needed, allow 2 min. to open )
Old March 31st, 2014, 06:01 PM   #1046
sputnik15
BANNED

Cospiracy ?
Few interesting read, to look into,..

Disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH 370: The Trillion Dollar Question to the U.S. and Its Intelligence Services
Matthias Chang is a prominent Malaysian lawyer and author, who served as political secretary and adviser to former Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/disappe...rvices/5375780

From Israel...
http://politikputramerdeka.blogspot....rik-untuk.html ( 2 min. needed to open )

patel2897 liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:58 PM   #1047
will101

Likes (Received): 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik15 View Post
Cospiracy ?
Few interesting read, to look into,..

Disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH 370: The Trillion Dollar Question to the U.S. and Its Intelligence Services
Matthias Chang is a prominent Malaysian lawyer and author, who served as political secretary and adviser to former Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/disappe...rvices/5375780

[/COLOR]From Israel...
http://politikputramerdeka.blogspot....rik-untuk.html ( 2 min. needed to open )
I was wondering how long it would take for crackpots to paint the US as the bad guy on this.
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #1048
ramakrishna1984

Likes (Received): 788

The UK Navy's Trafalgar-class nuclear submarine HMS Tireless has reached the southern Indian Ocean to assist with searches for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which disappeared nearly a month ago.

ramakrishna1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:01 PM   #1049
aussie500

Likes (Received): 0

I admit I arrived here because of MH370 and and I needed the help of some people who actually knew what a plane looked like. I had been checking out the BOEING | 777 News & Discussion thread looking for some new angles on a 777, when i noticed all the interest in MH370. I believe I have the location where MH370 crashed but am unable to get the AMSA to consider the site, unless it gets tagged by all those whale splash enthusiasts doing the most tagging. It is never going to happen.

The AMSA say they have no experts able to look at the pictures, they referred it back to Global Digital supposedly and said so long as I tagged it I had done all I had to. Considering how things are going, I am not happy to leave it at that. Tomnod and Global Digital have ignored me. The wreckage will not be noticed by most, is hard to see, on an enormous map, and most Tomnod searchers have no idea what they are looking for or even what they are looking at. The search teams will give up the search soon and just leave it as an unsolved mystery, something too hard to find.

So here I am desperate to get this site tagged enough for Global Digital to send the info off to the AMSA and have the searchers actually go back south where they started and check it out. Do you guys think you can identify a fairly scattered wreckage site? It is under a lot of water and very dim. There is no debris on the surface for the searchers to see, they will never find this site without help.

I will try you out first on the most obvious thing, floating the closest to the surface so it is the largest. This is what I first tagged as wreckage before I looked closer and saw the rest of the stuff down there. You will need to change what you are focusing on when looking for this wreckage. You will tend to look at the surface of the water and the waves, but you need to focus on what is under the water. The satellite can actually look at what is on the ocean floor in this type of image. This bit is actually still floating part way down, it has not reached the bottom yet. Which is why there is a significant difference in the size compared to the other wreckage. I will straight cheat and just show you the map screenshot with it outlined just to be sure you look at the right thing.

I thought it was the cockpit hull with the nose ripped off first, but now I am wondering if the cockpit is there at all. I know nothing about planes so it will be interesting to see what you guys think of all this.

There are a lot of other bits of wreckage down there.

If you want to look around the site on Tomnod yourselves and tag anything you think is wreckage, it will hopefully, eventually lead to the search team checking it out. You do not need to sign up to start tagging, and I will leave it up to you to decide if it is a wreck or not. Since I cannot yet post links, you will have to get to the Tomnod site yourselves, once you get started you can change the map tile you are looking at to 2176440 to bring up this wreckage site, it will be the middle square you need to double click on to bring up the map tile with the closest bit of wreckage.

If only that obvious bit is tagged enough, still the search team might eventually get there. So any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit
Apologies if I broke the rule on image size allowed, I have not yet got that far in tracking down all the rules.

edit 2
I removed the original map tile image, sorry about that but you want a closer look you will have to do it yourselves.

Last edited by aussie500; April 7th, 2014 at 04:41 AM.
aussie500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:34 PM   #1050
aussie500

No help? Time is running out fast, are you going to just let them walk away and say they could not find this plane?

Take a look for yourselves and see if you can find it, because without a lot of help it will just sit down there undiscovered, and the truth will never be found out about why it ended up there.

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/...an/map/2176440

Last edited by aussie500; April 8th, 2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Image removed that could have been deemed inappropriate.
Old April 4th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #1051
alesmarv

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
WHAT THE ****?
Care to elaborate? I gave my opinion of the situation, the same opinion I had from the moment they let it slip that the plane had its transponders and data recorders turned off and turned west. Like I said no one will ever know the answer because the plane will never be found. Pilot suicides have happened many times before and in almost all cases the pilots tried to cover their tracks, it's only natural, and pilot suicides will happen again, with a need for the pilots to pay closer attention to the detail's of their act if they want their tracks covered. Its very simple on the pilots part and the scenario works well when taking in to account past events within the region and the natural progression of future events. Regardless most likely Malaysia is better of not knowing the truth, the pilots families are probably better of not knowing the truth and conspiracy theorists are better of not knowing the truth. Cheers.
alesmarv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #1052
nawa87

Likes (Received): 267

BREAKING: China's Xinhua News Agency says Chinese ship searching for missing jet detects 'pulse' signal.
nawa87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #1053
nawa87

Malaysia says it 'will not stop looking' for jet

Quote:

Malaysia vowed Saturday that it would not give up on trying to find the missing jetliner and announced details of a multinational investigation team to solve the aviation mystery, as the search for the plane entered its fifth week.

Military and civilian planes, ships with deep-sea searching equipment and a British nuclear submarine scoured a remote patch of the southern Indian Ocean off Australia's west coast, in an increasingly urgent hunt for debris and the "black box" recorders that hold vital information about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370's last hours.

After weeks of fruitless looking, officials face the daunting prospect that sound-emitting beacons in the flight and voice recorders will soon fall silent as their batteries die after sounding electronic "pings" for a month.

China's official news agency, Xinhua, reported late Saturday that a Chinese ship that is part of the multinational search effort detected a "pulse" signal in southern Indian Ocean waters. The report said it was not determined whether the signal was related to the missing jet.

A black box detector deployed by the vessel, Haixun 01, picked up a signal at 37.5Hz per second at around 25 degrees south latitude and 101 degrees east longitude, Xinhua said.

The Australian government agency coordinating the search would not immediately comment on the report.

The Boeing 777 disappeared March 8 while en route from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing with 239 people aboard. So far, no trace of the jet has been found.

Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's defense minister and acting transport minister, told reporters in Kuala Lumpur that the cost of mounting the search was immaterial compared to providing solace for the families of those on board by establishing what happened.

"I can only speak for Malaysia, and Malaysia will not stop looking for MH370," Hishammuddin said.

At the media briefing, Hishammuddin announced that an independent investigator would be appointed and three main areas of inquiry would be pursued. One team will look at airworthiness, including maintenance, structures and systems; another will examine operations, such as flight recorders and meteorology; and a third will consider medical and human factors.

The overall investigation team will include officials and experts from Australia — which as the nearest country to the search zone is currently heading the hunt, with other nations' help — as well as China, the United States, Britain and France, Hishammuddin said.

A multinational team is desperately trying to find debris floating in the water or faint sound signals from the data recorders that could lead them to the missing plane and unravel the mystery of its fate.

Finding floating wreckage is key to narrowing the search area, as officials can then use data on currents to backtrack to where the plane hit the water, and where the flight recorders may be.

Beacons in the black boxes emit "pings" so they can be more easily found, but the batteries last for only about a month.

Officials have said the hunt for the wreckage is among the hardest ever undertaken, and will get much harder still if the beacons fall silent before they are found.

"Where we're at right now, four weeks since this plane disappeared, we're much, much closer," said aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas, editor-in-chief of AirlineRatings.com. "But frustratingly, we're still miles away from finding it. We need to find some piece of debris on the water; we need to pick up the ping."

If it doesn't happen, the only hope for finding the plane may be a full survey of the Indian Ocean floor, an operation that would take years and an enormous international operation.

Hishammuddin said there were no new satellite images or data that can provide new leads for searchers. The focus now is fully on the ocean search, he said.

Two ships — the Australian navy's Ocean Shield and the British HMS Echo — carrying sophisticated equipment that can hear the recorders' pings returned Saturday to an area investigators hope is close to where the plane went down. They concede the area they have identified is a best guess.

Up to 13 military and civilian planes and nine other ships took part in the search Saturday, the Australian agency coordinating the search said.

Because the U.S. Navy's pinger locator can pick up signals to a depth of 6,100 meters (20,000 feet), it should be able to hear the plane's data recorders even if they are in the deepest part of the search zone — about 5,800 meters (19,000 feet). But that's only if the locator gets within range of the black boxes — a tough task, given the size of the search area and the fact that the pinger locator must be dragged slowly through the water at just 1 to 5 knots (1 to 6 mph).

Australian Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, head of the joint agency coordinating the operation, acknowledged the search area was essentially a best guess, and noted the time when the plane's locator beacons would shut down was "getting pretty close."

The overall search area is a 217,000-square-kilometer (84,000-square-mile) zone in the southern Indian Ocean, about 1,700 kilometers (1,100 miles) northwest of the western Australian city of Perth.
http://t.co/QibAsFNLPB
Old April 5th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #1054
nawa87

MORE: The report says a black box detector deployed by the vessel picked up a signal at 37.5Hz per second
Old April 6th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #1055
aussie500

It is not the signal from the plane, which is much farther south. You will see, there should be a reaction of some sort in the next few days. One way or another.

Edit
I wonder if my little gift this morning was classed as an acoustic event? Should have sent big enough shock waves. Lets see if the Australian ship goes south, it better be that Ocean Shield with all the fancy gear.

Last edited by aussie500; April 6th, 2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old April 7th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #1056
sputnik15
BANNED

This plane has left a total mystery for all,.....

Pilot’s home stimulator study has also not found anything suspicious, pilot was in many charity work involved, ( a good reputation ) and,.. if he had to crash and suicide, he had done it earlier,..

More you think, it seems like,.. ( my best guesses )
Some two groups of piloting people ( good and evil ( terrorists) ) there, were struggling to pilot the plane, and hence the sharp turns, low altitude flights seen,..... And finally one group killed/fainted the other group, but lost its path, computer, piloting skills to fly it further,… and in the fight, the many meters and computer itself got damaged/broken,.... No mean of communication remained left,....
Perhaps the one group was forcing it to crash it,... say on twin tower Malaysia skyscrapers or such known high rises,.. and the other was protesting and resisting,.... someone played with switches and cabin pressure and oxygen level was also disturbed,. Many and all perhaps all went in comma/unconscious,... rest it was left over ocean as far as it goes/fuel exhausts,...

Some systematic terror/ semi conductor technology / tech group people / or even the other young age novice pilot had intentionally/learning point of view, messed the programs of the planes computer, a way earlier and hence the flying got disturbed.

This plane can had also fly with ONLY one engine, so someone may have flied it with one engine, while vacating the cargo and passenger load someway ( threw them in ocean ) and hence, flied it for 12 hours from
7 hrs of fuel and took it to some secret place,..
Old April 7th, 2014, 04:20 AM   #1057
aussie500

All the passengers went down to the depths with the plane, none were 'dropped off' anywhere. The satellite images have magnified what is down there at that very deep depth, I dare you to carefully look at the original map tiles with open eyes and an open mind, you will discover what happened to the passengers and crew as they rose from the depths. How they ended up the victims of the crash is a mystery, but what eventually happened to them is not if you actually want to carefully look.

And likely the depth of the actual wreckage is way to deep to recover it, even though it is in plain sight in the images. If they think 3 nautical miles is difficult, they will never recover MH370. Even if they bothered to look in the right location, which it seems they have not. The only way they could prove it is down that very deep trench, is to pick up the pinger signals. You could identify it, without doubt from the satellite images without even getting your feet wet, but it seems there are not many experts around who can bother to do that.

So they will just write this off as an unsolvable mystery.

Now you guys could do something useful and identify what the above bit of the fuselage is, or at least take some guesses. Is it the front piece minus the cockpit? is that the cockpit door on top perhaps. Ignore the scale, it is way out. There could be a few bits floating higher obscuring part of it.

Last edited by aussie500; April 27th, 2014 at 03:52 AM.
Old April 7th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1058
nawa87

Plane Intercepted In Restricted Airspace Around DC

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Authorities say two F-16 fighter jets intercepted a small civilian plane in restricted airspace around the nation's capital over the weekend and that the pilot reported he didn't realize he had entered an area that was off limits.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, says the jets scrambled from Joint Base Andrews in Maryland when a Cessna's pilot didn't immediately respond to air traffic controllers Sunday afternoon.

Canadian Army Capt. Jennifer Stadnyk, a NORAD spokeswoman, says the plane had left restricted airspace when the jets arrived and the pilot began talking with controllers. Stadnyk says she doesn't know if the place was forced to land. The pilot wasn't immediately identified.

NORAD is a binational American and Canadian command responsible for air defense of North America.
http://t.co/xp3MjDU19l
Old April 7th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #1059
Black Watch
Labore et Scientia

Likes (Received): 2107

Army Apache helicopter makes emergency landing in Maryculter field

An army Apache helicopter has been forced to make an emergency landing on the outskirts of Aberdeen.

Aberdeen International Airport was put on full alert, but the helicopter landed in a field near Maryculter.

The two people on board the helicopter escaped injury.

The Ministry of Defence said the mechanical failure would be investigated. The Apache had been taking part in Nato's Operation Joint Warrior training exercise.

Eyewitness Kevin Park told BBC Scotland: "We heard a helicopter outside, it was quite loud so it was obviously quite low.

"We recognised it as an Apache.

"It landed in a field across the road.

"We went across and spoke to the pilot and co-pilot."

On Monday evening a twin-rotor Chinook arrived at the scene of the emergency landing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-26926219
Black Watch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 02:22 AM   #1060
nawa87

AIRLINE PASSENGER ATTEMPTS SUICIDE DURING FLIGHT

Quote:
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- Emirates airline crewmembers found a passenger bleeding heavily on a flight from Dubai to India after he apparently tried to commit suicide inside an airplane lavatory, the airline and Indian police said Monday.

The incident happened aboard an Emirates flight to the Indian industrial hub Hyderabad on Friday. The Dubai-based carrier said crew members discovered the passenger shortly before the plane began its descent, and "administered all the necessary treatment onboard" before handing him off to a medical team on the ground.

According to police and the hospital workers in India, the 30-year-old man had been working as a draftsman in Dubai and attempted suicide by slicing into his neck, ankles and wrists just before the flight landed.

"There is no clarity so far as to why he attempted to commit suicide," Hyderabad police inspector Amaragani Krishnaiah said.

The man remained hospitalized in stable condition Monday, surrounded by family members but unable to speak because of a feeding tube in his throat, according to Dr. Ravi Shankar, a critical care specialist in the Indian city.

Emirates said the plane returned to Dubai for maintenance without passengers onboard following the incident. The government-owned carrier is the Middle East's largest airline.

Neither the airline nor Indian officials said what the passenger used to cut himself. Emirates declined to comment further, saying the incident is under investigation.

Dubai is the commercial center of the United Arab Emirates and is home to the Middle East's busiest airport.

The UAE population is dominated by millions of guest workers and their families, who far outnumber the local Emirati population.

Indians make up the largest share of the expatriate population, with 1.75 million Indian citizens working there, according to the Indian Embassy. Most are employed in the construction industry and other blue-collar jobs, though there are also large numbers of Indian professionals and businesspeople in the country.
http://t.co/yQhQhG8Om2