daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2014, 04:17 AM   #1221
Klausenburg

Likes (Received): 3755

Klausenburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #1222
KaiserSoze

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerBlaze View Post
I feel like that's part of the engine. For some reason I feel like the missile shell wouldn't be in that good of shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I feel like that's part of the engine."

No aircraft has that as part of the "engine"! That's a missile pod from a warplane. The question we should be asking is; "Who fired it?"
KaiserSoze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #1223
marki
Moon Transit

Likes (Received): 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVIDIA MAN View Post

Route has changed, now Georgia is main path
So flying over South Ossetia, Abkhazia and generally South Caucasus is safer??

I notice they are still flying over Iraq too.

Too much time alone on ur keyboard ... Lets meetup instead
marki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #1224
kakek_ganas

Likes (Received): 822

Is it true? The body of russian plane and mh almost similiar, so the ucraine think they found their target
kakek_ganas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #1225
essendon bombers
QF9, SQ326, LH738, UA870

Likes (Received): 189

There were many people on MH17 en route to Melbourne to attend an international aids conference that is to start here tomorrow. The world has lost some of best people and medical expertise in aids research and treatment.

The Australian Prime Minister had strong language towards Russia today.
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #1226
InformaticIAN
informaticIAN

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxriainxxx View Post
Phone call between Separatists shortly after the incident:

Translation:
0:20: A: Just now, just now, "Minera" group downed an airplane. It fell on Yenakivo.
0:26: B: Pilots? Where are the pilots?
0:29: A: We're going now to search and take photos of the wreckage.
0:33: B: How long ago?
0:34: A: About 30 minutes.
[At this point, video skips ahead to a different conversation, apparently some time later and between two different people]
0:44: C: Yes, "Major"
0:45: D: From Chernuhino, they downed the plane.
0:48: C: Who?
0:49: C: From Chernuhino post, cossacks that are stationed at Chernukino.
0:56: C: The plane broke up in mid-air, near Petropavlosk mine. First 200 (ed: ?). Found first 200 (ed: ?). Civilian.
1:12: D: So what's going on?
1:15: C: Stupid civilian plane.
1:18: D: Understood. Are there many people?
1:20: C: FUBAR. Wreckage falling right in peoples yards.
1:24: D: What model?
1:26: C: I haven't figured it out yet. Haven't yet gotten to the main debris. I'm still where the first bodies fell.
1:31: C: There's wreckage of internal containers, seats, bodies.
1:35: D: Understood. Are there any weapons?
1:37: C: Nothing at all. Civilian stuff, medical supplies, towels, toilet paper.
1:43: D: Any documents?
1:45: C: Yes. Indonesian student. From Thompson university.
[Another cut, several more people]
1:52: About that plane shot down near Snezhnovo Torez. It turned out to be a passenger plane. Fell near Grabovo, there's lots of bodies, women and children. Right now the cossacks are inspecting it.
2:03: On TV they are saying AN-26, Ukrainian transport, but are saying it's labeled Malaysian Airlines.
2:12: What was it doing in Ukrainian territory?
2:16: Means it was transporting spies, understood?
2:18: Got it
2:19: Shouldn't ******* fly there. There's a war going on.
2:21: Understood.

the most stupid conversation i've ever read/heard...whatever. transporting spies? without getting land in your territory intentionally, that is so stupid.. so you shot it down to prove it...grrrr
InformaticIAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #1227
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 7845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanderbeg View Post
This is just discraceful. Saddened but not overly surprised. I can expect now for the west to clamp down on these pro-Russian thugs remote controlled by Putin from now on if they have any backbone. Or maybe the just like beating on the weak bc it's easier.
I'm surprised how powerful Western propaganda. Have you been told that the separatists plane was shot down and you believe. So simply believe. Nor any investigations, no examinations. But could knock and Ukrainian military. But you have already decided everything. You found guilty. You start talking about revenge. But we will not stand by if you come to kill Russian. Nobody wants a new world war. And no one should call on her.

Munwon liked this post
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #1228
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
I'm surprised how powerful Western propaganda. Have you been told that the separatists plane was shot down and you believe. So simply believe. Nor any investigations, no examinations. But could knock and Ukrainian military. But you have already decided everything. You found guilty. You start talking about revenge. But we will not stand by if you come to kill Russian. Nobody wants a new world war. And no one should call on her.
It's the same when 'thief shouts: catch the thief!'

In this case 'thief' is Russia and Russian news. Just one example: in March you were staying that there are no Russian troops in Crimea. Then, suddenly by magic, it turned out to be a bunch of Russian soldiers there.

Nice try, but no one will buy it. Except for Russians of course.

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #1229
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
I do hope that you realise that since you've posted that picture a couple of pages back nobody is taking you serious anymore.

Good to see that ridiculous picture has been deleted by the mods btw.
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #1230
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by essendon bombers View Post
There were many people on MH17 en route to Melbourne to attend an international aids conference that is to start here tomorrow. The world has lost some of best people and medical expertise in aids research and treatment.

The Australian Prime Minister had strong language towards Russia today.
More then 100 people were going to an international aids conference.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #1231
Bart_LCY
Arae et foci

Likes (Received): 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakek_ganas View Post

Is it true? The body of russian plane and mh almost similiar, so the ucraine think they found their target
Why would pro-Russian terrorists shoot on Russian plane?

Equario, BlazerBlaze liked this post
Bart_LCY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #1232
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart_LCY View Post
Why would pro-Russian terrorists shoot on Russian plane?
According to Russian media:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanujann View Post
Putin's airplane route from Warsaw to Moscow, according to russian mass media...

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

Kuznetz, Bart_LCY, fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #1233
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Maps of the Crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17

A Malaysia Airlines flight with nearly 300 people aboard crashed in eastern Ukraine near the Russian border on Thursday.

Path of Flight 17
The plane was on Airway L980, which has remained open during the conflict in Ukraine. A87 - Airways closed hours before the crash

More maps: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...mh17.html?_r=2

keokiracer liked this post
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #1234
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8963

What Is Love?

davidwsk, Bart_LCY liked this post
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #1235
Balsen
:.:::.:.:::.:.:::.:.:::.:

Likes (Received): 2073

I cant imagine, how the airspace in this region wasn't closed!?!!?
There have been military operations active in there for weeks now!!!!
2 military planes were shot down within last month there!!!!!

Even if the airspace wasn't closed, flight operators should avoid such regions to minimize any fraction of a risk!!!

davidwsk liked this post
Balsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #1236
davidwsk

Likes (Received): 3311

Russia Today reporter resigns in protest at MH17 coverage

Sara Firth criticises Kremlin-backed news channel’s ‘disrespect for facts’ in reports about Malaysia Airlines plane disaster

theguardian.com, Friday 18 July 2014 14.31 BST

Sara Firth has resigned as London correspondent for Russia Today over coverage of the MH17 plane disaster.

A London-based correspondent of Kremlin-funded news channel Russia Today has resigned in protest at its coverage of the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.

Sara Firth, who worked at Russia Today, or RT, for five years, described the channel’s reporting of the stricken airliner in which 298 people were killed, including a former BBC journalist, as the “straw that broke the camel’s back”.

Russia Today, which has been criticised as a propaganda mouthpiece for the Russian government, suggested Ukraine was to blame for the crash, while most media organisations have said it was shot down by a suspected Russian-made missile.

“Yesterday [Thursday], when the story broke, you get the kick in your stomach when you’re going to get the facts and it’s this huge story.

“And I walked into the newsroom and they were running an eye-witness account of God-knows who the person was blaming the Ukrainian government, and it is such a volatile situation,” she told Press Gazette.

“I said [in a 2012 interview], if I was asked to burn the facts and not tell the truth, I’d be a goner, and so I’m gone. It’s the level of disrespect for the facts that really bugs me.

“I made my decision yesterday when we started covering the story and this morning I woke up and I just knew that I can’t go back in any more.

“The thing is, once I made the decision, you have to be honest with yourself and it’s so difficult … Once you start telling the truth it’s brutal.”

Firth said on Twitter: “I resigned from RT today. I have huge respect for many in the team, but I’m for the truth.”
http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...emlin-malaysia

fieldsofdreams liked this post
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #1237
davidwsk

Malaysia Airlines MH17: Cameron Pledges Those Responsible Will be 'Held to Account'

Nick Assinder
By Nick Assinder Political Editor
July 18, 2014 13:21 BST

Malaysia Airlines MH17: David Cameron Calls For Swift InvestigationIBTimes UK

David Cameron has joined international leaders insisting those responsible for the MH17 attack must be "held to account" amid growing signs the incident could prove to be a game changer in the international response to the Ukraine crisis.

The prime minister chaired a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra group to receive the latest intelligence on the disaster as suspicions strengthened that the plane was brought down by Russian backed and equipped Ukraine rebels.

“It is an absolutely shocking incident; it cannot be allowed to stand. Until we know more, it's not really possible to say much more, but we'll be working very hard to get to the bottom of this.”

- David Cameron

Nine Britons were on the flight and have been confirmed among the dead, which included up to 100 people on their way to an international Aids conference.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-ai...ccount-1457250
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #1238
davidwsk

Published: Friday July 18, 2014 MYT 10:21:00 PM
Updated: Friday July 18, 2014 MYT 10:38:50 PM

MH17 crash: UN demands 'full, thorough' probe

UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Friday demanded a full, independent and international investigation into the apparent shooting down of a Malaysian jet over Ukraine that killed 298 people on board.

Council members stood for a minute of silence in memory of those who lost their lives in Thursday's crash over rebel-held eastern Ukraine, at the start of an emergency meeting on the disaster.

"The members of the Security Council called for a full, thorough and independent international investigation into the incident in accordance with international civil aviation guidelines and for appropriate accountability," the council said.

"The members of the Security Council further stressed the need for all parties to grant immediate access to investigators to the crash site to determine the cause of the incident," it added.

The Council expressed their deepest condolences to the families of the victims and to the people and governments of all those killed in the crash of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.

The Security Council added to mounting global demands to find those responsible for apparently shooting down the Boeing 777.

Local emergency crews picked through terrible carnage at the crash site, placing dozens of sticks with white rags in the ground to mark where bodies lay.

The jet came down in corn fields in the separatist-held region, spraying debris and body parts for kilometres around, with the United States claiming it was shot down in a missile attack. - AFP

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...pendent-probe/
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #1239
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsen View Post
I cant imagine, how the airspace in this region wasn't closed!?!!?
There have been military operations active in there for weeks now!!!!
2 military planes were shot down within last month there!!!!!

Even if the airspace wasn't closed, flight operators should avoid such regions to minimize any fraction of a risk!!!
Airspace was closed up to 8km. The MH17 was at 10km. Just no one expected that they are going to shoot civil aircrafts

Old July 18th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #1240
Klausenburg

Likes (Received): 3755

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakek_ganas View Post

Not at all. The Russian plane has 4 engines while the Malaysian one has only 2. That is a difference to be seen from longer distance then the colours. Why in this picture the Boeing is not shown from the same position as the IL ?

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
Klausenburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote