daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #1281
Scizoid.Trans.Prog.
platfusy i koderaści sio

Likes (Received): 312

That is quite obvious.
Scizoid.Trans.Prog. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2014, 01:05 AM   #1282
Manazir

Likes (Received): 513

Probably to turn everyone's attention away from the ongoing Palestine-Israeli conflict, but if they really wanted it, then they failed.

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:07 AM   #1283
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
There seems to be much more behind this MH17 incident. I suspect that it was planned and something bigger is in the works. False flag event. So sad that aviation is used by whoever is pulling global strings to induce panic and fear around the world.

Tinfoil hat alert! How do you even know that video is MH17? It could have been any plane the rebels shot down recently?

Why can't you conspiracy theorists accept that sometimes bad things happen in the world? I find the very idea that some shady government department plans horrible events absolutely ridiculous. It's too difficult, too many people would know about it and the truth always comes out.

I'm getting sick of reading all this conspiracy BS in the comments section of every news story about everything!

Not related to this topic but people who believe in 'chemtrails' are mentally ill.

mrsashko, Cosmin, FM 2258, Equario, 3737 and 1 others liked this post

Last edited by future.architect; July 21st, 2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Grammar
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:16 AM   #1284
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

For a second I thought I was the only one thinking that
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:18 AM   #1285
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63058

Are these Libyan airlines still in operation or have they suspended all their flights again because of the unsafe situation at the airport and all the damaged planes?
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:26 AM   #1286
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by future.architect View Post
Tinfoil hat alert. How do you even know that video of MH17? It could have been any plane the rebels shot down recently?

Why can't you conspiracy theorists accept that sometimes bad things happen in the world? I find the very idea that some shady government department plans horrible events. It's too difficult, too many people would know and the truth always comes out.

I'm getting sick of reading all this conspiracy BS in the comments section of every news story about everything!

Not related to this topic but people who believe in 'chemtrails' are mentally ill.
I've accepted that bad things happened in the world until I started to realize...."there shouldn't be this many bad things going on in the world"....it's like if on schedule some big crap happens. Anyway, as for the news stories and comments it appears that the comments make much more sense to me than the actual new story. Believe what you want but I've stopped believing the "official" explanation of events long ago. Can't be just a coincidence that the same type of plane that went missing months ago happened to be shot down by "accident" on July 17th. Personally I'd like to know what really happened. I love to fly, love aviation and hate that airplane disasters/incidents are used to politically motivate people.

Peloso liked this post
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:33 AM   #1287
ovnours
свинота

Likes (Received): 61093

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanchito79 View Post
List of damage or destroyed airplanes

5A-DCN ... Falcon 900 ... Libyan Govt
5A-DMH ... B738 ... Buraq Air
5A-FLB ... ARJ100 ... Air Libya
5A-lAH, I & J ... A320 ... Libyan AL
5A-LAS ... A332 ... Libyan AL
5A-ONC & I ... A319 ... Afriqiah
5A-ONF, H & P ... A332 ... Afriqiah
5A-OMN & N ... A320 ... Afriqiah
TS-INN ... A320 ... Libyan / Nouvelair
Any1 was on board?
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:57 AM   #1288
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

Quote:
Can't be just a coincidence that the same type of plane that went missing months ago happened to be shot down by "accident" on July 17th.
Wow! The rabbit hole goes much, much deeper than I thought. So they make MH370 (reg. 9M-MRO, cn 28420/404) disappear in March, they store it somewhere and now they fly it over Ukraine as MH17 (reg. 9M-MRD, cn 28411/84) and shoot it down.

Nevermind the whole mind**** of biblical proportions involving the company, a significant number of governments, ATC, the crews, the passengers of two flights, their families, changing serial numbers, that stupid tweet the separatists put out bragging they shot down yet another An-26 and a slew of other aspects I can't even think of right now.

And all this... ALL. THIS. NONSENSE. before we even address all the other nonsense that guy on YT said about the footage, the missile and so on, all of it completely bonkers.

FM 2258, Bart_LCY liked this post

Last edited by Cosmin; July 21st, 2014 at 03:05 AM.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 03:17 AM   #1289
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
Wow! The rabbit hole goes much, much deeper than I thought. So they make MH370 (reg. 9M-MRO, cn 28420/404) disappear in March, they store it somewhere and now they fly it over Ukraine as MH17 (reg. 9M-MRD, cn 28411/84) and shoot it down.
It would explain why that seperatist-guy said that some bodies had been dead for multiple days
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 05:00 AM   #1290
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Reloaded View Post
What a joke! What does Russia even have to gain from shooting down the airplane? The puppet government in Kiev has the most to gain in this tragedy.

warden987, Peloso liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 05:25 AM   #1291
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
What a joke! What does Russia even have to gain from shooting down the airplane? The puppet government in Kiev has the most to gain in this tragedy.
What are your grounds for calling my government puppet and claiming that it's going to gain something?

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

mrsashko, Bart_LCY liked this post
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:42 AM   #1292
ArrowHead30
Pinoy Winnipeger

Likes (Received): 35

Instead of the constant bickering between the Separatists and the Ukrainian Government in Kiev, why not just give a chance that a plane crash be investigated like the other aviation incidents?

Here's my points on how to do it, (my opinion - start rant)
1. Let the Malaysians do the investigation - instead of whoever authority in Ukraine or Russia would do the investigation, since it is Malaysia's Airline and therefore, a property of Malaysia (it is after all, Malaysia's flag carrier), let the Malaysians lead the investigation.
2. Russia and Ukraine should work together to solve this case, not divide. It is proven in elementary school that finger pointing does not work well until the facts are proven. Smearing it in any way would only make things much worse for the two parties.
3. Do things quickly - the problem that irks a lot right now is that people work like snails, only making things terribly worse. Look at the bodies, for example; the rebels are very slow to respond to the families that wanted the remains of their loved ones. It's as simple as putting the train somewhere where families can easily pick them up. Allow the victim's family into Donetsk safely if they don't want to move the bodies out to Ukraine.
4. Stop covering it up - sooner or later the truth will come out. Telling the truth now would hurt much, but a truth that is smeared in lies will hurt significantly more.(end rant)

Jaime Lerner

russianpride liked this post
ArrowHead30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:32 AM   #1293
nawa87

Likes (Received): 267

We are retiring the MH17 flight number from 25 July out of respect for the crew and passengers - MAS

Quote:
Sunday, July 20, 04:30 PM GMT +0800 Media Statement 8 : MH17 Incident

In light of the recent incident, Malaysia Airlines’ Amsterdam (AMS) – Kuala Lumpur (KUL) service, MH17 flight number will be retired out of respect for our crew and passengers of the mentioned flight code. This will take into effect on 25 July 2014.

There are no changes to the frequency of our services and we will continue to operate daily services between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur.

The new flight number replacing MH17 will be:

MH19 - AMS/KUL

Our thoughts and prayers remains with the families of our colleagues and passengers of MH 17.
http://bit.ly/MH17updates
nawa87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM   #1294
future.architect
Far East London

Quote:
I've accepted that bad things happened in the world until I started to realize...."there shouldn't be this many bad things going on in the world"....it's like if on schedule some big crap happens. Anyway, as for the news stories and comments it appears that the comments make much more sense to me than the actual new story. Believe what you want but I've stopped believing the "official" explanation of events long ago. Can't be just a coincidence that the same type of plane that went missing months ago happened to be shot down by "accident" on July 17th. Personally I'd like to know what really happened. I love to fly, love aviation and hate that airplane disasters/incidents are used to politically motivate people.

Why would 'they' care about the type of plane to destroy? How does that make a difference to anything? As it turns out, the Boeing 777 is an extremely popular aircraft, there are over 1000 flying all over the world. It is one of the most common long haul jets on the planet! Common = likely to be involved in an incident.

(Edit: I now realise you are suggesting this is the plane from MH 370. Wow that's absurd)

As for 'there shouldn't be this many bad things happening', why not? Bad things have always happened. Planes have been shot down before and planes have went missing for extended periods before as well. I suppose the difference is now we live in an age where things can be reported instantly so it seems like much more is happening. In the days when it was just newspapers and a half hour TV bulletin, many stories had to be ignored or not covered in detail because there simply wasn't the time or space to give them airtime. Back before the internet, stories could take days to reach the news. Now if something happens it's on twitter instantly and within an hour the online news sites will be covering the story with lots of photos. It just seems like more bad stuff is happening because of the way in which it is reported.

The fact that you just simply do not believe 'official' stories is a bad as religious people who simply will not believe anything that contradicts their holy book.

I'm an architect. I need to work with a team of 40 people in different disciples (engineers, consultants, not counting the hundreds who do the actual building work) to refurbish an office building. How many thousands of people would it take to pull off a massive global conspiracy? The answer is thousands, there is no way you could do it in secret. It's impossible.

Cosmin, FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by future.architect; July 21st, 2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:42 AM   #1295
future.architect
Far East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
It would explain why that seperatist-guy said that some bodies had been dead for multiple days
So you believe so random guy who is not a trained pathologist and wants to claim that his group was inocent rather than believe the overwhelming evidence that the plane was shot down four hours after it took off?
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:25 PM   #1296
juanchito79

Likes (Received): 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnours View Post
Any1 was on board?
All airplanes were parked

Juanchito

ovnours liked this post
juanchito79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:26 PM   #1297
juanchito79

Likes (Received): 2210

Update 22 airplanes involved.

DESTROYED:
1.Airbus A330-200 - Afriqiyah Airways – 5A- – msn xxxx – hit by RPG in aft fuselage and destroyed by fire
2.Canadair CRJ-900 – Libyan Airlines – 5A- - msn xxxx - hit by RPG in aft fuselage and destroyed by fire >>> this would be 5A-LAL
3.Ilyushin IL-76 – Libyan Arab Air cargo – 5A-DNG – nsm xxxx - destroyed by rocket attack and fire

SUBSTANTIALLY DAMAGED:
1.Canadair CRJ-900 – Libyan Airlines – 5A-LAB - msn 15121 - RPG explosion in center fuselage
2.Airbus A330-200 – Libyan Airlines – 5A-LAS – msn 1424 - hit by RPG, maybe a hull loss
3.Airbus A320 – Libyan Airlines – 5A-LAH – msn 4405 - hit by series of bullets
4.Airbus A319 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONC – msn 3615 - RPG explosion in aft fuselage
5.Airbus A330-200 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONP – msn 1472 - series of bullets in aft fuselage and empennage
6.Boeing 737-500 – Bouraq Airways – 5A-WAC -msn 26531 – gunfire damage in lower fuselage

DAMAGED:
1.Airbus A330-200 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONF – msn 999 – unkown damage
2.Airbus A330-200 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONH – msn 1049 - unkown damage
3.Airbus A319 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONFJ- msn 4004 - unkown damage
4.Airbus A320 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONM – msn 4521 - unkown damage
5.Airbus A320 – Afriqiyah Airways – 5A-ONN – msn 5414 - unkown damage
6.Avro RJ-100 - Air Libya – 5A-FLB – msn E3234 - unknown damage
7.Boeing 737-500 – Bouraq Airlines – 5A-WAD – msn xxxx - unknown damage
8.Boeing 737-800 – Bouraq Airlines – 5A-DMH – msn 34949 – unknown damage
9.Airbus A320 – Libyan Airlines – 5A-LAI - msn 4450 - unknown damage
10.Airbus A320 – Libyan Airlines – 5A_LAJ - msn 4490 - unknown damage
11.Airbus A320 – Libyan Airlines – TS-INN – msn xxxx – damaged by bullets
12.Falcon 900 – Libyan Government – 5A-DCN – msn 148 – unknown damage
13.DHC-8-300 – Medavia – 9H-LEY – msn xxxx – hit by debris and shrapnel while in hangar

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
juanchito79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM   #1298
golov
Democracy above all

Likes (Received): 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post
Dutch prime minister warns Putin on "last chance" to help recover MH17 bodies
http://news.yahoo.com/dutch-prime-wa...162722436.html
There was media outrage elsewhere saying that the bodies had been moved, indicating that they should have been left in place? Obviously the humane thing to do is to place them in refrigeration, but what is the correct way to do it in these circumstances? Afaik, the separatists placed the bodies in a refrigerator train, before transporting to a morgue in Dontesk, while documenting on video (as evidence). Is this what the PM was referring to?
golov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 03:06 PM   #1299
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

The correct way is to always leave proper emergency services and investigators from the involved ICAO contracting states deal with the crash site, like I already said on another thread, mainly referring to the aircraft wreckage itself then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
They might or they might not have them, but let's get something straight: there is no law, agreement or relevant international convention in this world that gives them any sort of authority to take the CVR, FDR or any other parts in their custody, let alone to tamper in any way with the crash site or hinder the investigation.

The DPR is actually non-existent as far as any relevant body is concerned, especially considering it can't even be an ICAO contracting state at this point, plus it's clear that they're simply not prepared for any of this and Russia has no authority over this investigation, although it can be invited to participate if the legitimate investigation participants so wish.
Of course, this hardly puts the separatists in a good light and offers them no real influence, not to mention that it would be near impossible to swallow for their religious supporters. I trust this is what the prime minister was also referring to, rather than being ok with what was done to the wreckage, victims' remains and their belongings... but I might be wrong.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 05:04 PM   #1300
golov
Democracy above all

Likes (Received): 1913

The Russian MOD just held a press conference and revealed their radar data on the Malaysian boeing

p.s. sorry about the translator's english, its horrible
golov no está en línea   Reply With Quote